Power Pros Forum

A community-run forum for Power Pros
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

This forum is for discussion of anything EXCEPT MLB Power Pros, if your post does not belong here it will be moved. Thank you.
-->

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 389 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 26  Next
 Post subject: Re: RPG #10!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:21 am 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Rangers
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
Favorite Japanese title: (PS3) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2012
Johnny stood up from the cushioned chair he had been sitting in—a comfortable seat, admittedly, but something needed to be done. Johnny would not allow William to continue treating his friends and teammates like this.

“William,” he said as he took a couple steps toward the boy, who was now preparing for his next shot, just as if the 8 ball was nothing more than another obstacle blocking the path to his inevitable victory. William slammed the pool cue down abruptly and violently. “What,” he growled, “could you possibly want?” Then William turned around to face the room, just as Jaxon’s jeans were slipping below his hips again. “Pull up your pants,” he said coldly. Jaxon shook his head no. William took a few purposeful strides toward Jaxon. “I said, pull up your pants,” William snarled. Jaxon refused again. William stopped in his tracks. “Is this acceptable to you…you uncultured, ingrateful hooligans?” William asked the room, tossing in a half-dozen expletives as if it was nothing to refer to friends as though they were several steps below you on the social ladder.

Jaxon snapped. “Excuse me?”

“Oh, now you’ve got a bone to pick, too?” William muttered something under his breath that only Jaxon could hear. Whatever it was, Jaxon took offense to it, and immediately raised both of his arms from his sides and drove them into William’s chest, sending him falling back toward where Johnny, Lake, and a handful of other assorted boys and girls were now standing.

One of those boys was sixth-grader Xander Woods, who had skipped out on a coaching session to go to the party, citing a “gut feeling” that something important was going to happen. And something important did indeed happen, as Xander pushed aside any positive thoughts he had previously harbored about William and grabbed the boy, allowing an innocent (at least until then) bystander to deliver a series of rapid punches into William’s face. Jaxon finished him off with a parting shot to the gut, and everyone quickly made their way out of the house, leaving William on the floor writhing in pain by himself.

(Johnny: XP +10, Xander: XP +6)

The next day, William not only quit the baseball team but school in general, and the Weatherby estate had a “For Sale” sign in its front yard not long thereafter.

In his place was a new kid by the name of Danny Hummer, a seventh-grader who played three positions: second base, shortstop, and right field. Danny proved to be a good defender at all three positions, but was instructed to focus on the two middle-infield positions, as right field was a far easier position to fill than second or short.

Tryouts concluded on Thursday and Friday with intra-squad scrimmages on both days. Three six-inning scrimmages were held, with each grade’s players forming a team and playing in two of the scrimmages.

The first scrimmage pitted the sixth and seventh grades against each other. A handful of the sixth-grade pitchers had to play as an “extra hitter” with coaches playing the pitcher and catcher positions and most of the other spots already taken. The lineup looked as follows:

1. Jimmy James (EH)
2. Matthew Simpson, LF
3. Xander Woods, SS
4. Stanislaus Lem, RF
5. Johnny Boyega, 1B
6. Anthony Mangum (EH)
7. Lake Lagunov (EH)
8. Ug Li (EH)
9. Cody Tibbits, 2B
10. Thurgood Stubbs, 3B
11. Harold Henderson, CF

In the first inning, Jaxon Stills hit a single to left field on the first pitch. After a popout by Grant Godwin, left-handed Dante Dillard stepped in to bat. The infield shifted one step to the left. Dante laid off of two pitches—one ball, one strike—before spinning a ground ball toward the third-base line. Thurgood turned, ran right, and…

… (LetsGoMets77)

A. Dove right, attempting to catch Dante at first
B. Dove right, attempting to catch Jaxon at second
C. Dove left, attempting to make a complete fool of himself
D. Dove right but did not risk a throw
E. Let the ball roll by him, offering only a feeble breath out in an attempt to push the ball foul

NAPOLI FOR MVP

"All people are good for something. The important thing is finding what." - Tom

post count doesn't matter

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:
i think we banned him cause he was an idiot
glad i never got banned for that

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:44 am 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Mets
Console '08: Wii and DS
Favorite Japanese title: (Wii) Jikkyou Powerful Major League 2009
C is the right choice here

But I'll go for the smarter choice and pick... A, I guess

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:16 am 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Thurgood dove right, stopped the ball, picked it up, and fired across to first base. The throw sailed away from Johnny at first, and both runners took a base on the error.

(Thurgood: XP -1)

In the second inning, Harold came up to bat with Cody on first and one out. Coach Bowler wound up and tossed in a pitch over the plate. Harold lined it to right field for a base hit, but when the opposing right fielder struggled to field the ball, Harold wondered whether he should try for second.

Should you try for second? (Baseballteen9500)

A. Yes, go for third too
B. Yes, stop at second
C. No, get back to first
D. No, but stay wide in case the RF bobbles it again
E. Run out to right field, pick up the ball, and throw yourself out at second base

NAPOLI FOR MVP

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:33 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Mets
Console '08: Wii and DS
Favorite Japanese title: (Wii) Jikkyou Powerful Major League 2009
AgentP wrote:
Thurgood dove right, stopped the ball, picked it up, and fired across to first base. The throw sailed away from Johnny at first, and both runners took a base on the error.

(Thurgood: XP -1)
*(censored)* I knew I would regret this

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:11 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

Favorite Team: Athletics
Favorite Japanese title: (PS3) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2011
B. Stop at second don't try and risk being thrown out while trying to drive in a run for my team.

.247 is better than .000 if I'm being honest.-BBMan9500

I will always love this place

When there is actually activity again I'll be there!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:12 am 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Harold turned and dug for second, making it in without a throw. Cody wheeled around third, but stopped in his tracks and had to dive back to the bag when right fielder James Wilson got the ball back in and the cut-off man fired a bullet down to third. Jimmy James drew a walk, and Matthew Simpson doubled to score all three runners.

(Harold: XP +4)

In the third inning, Anthony came up to bat with a runner on first and no outs. Hitting was not Anthony’s best skill, but he could get a hit from time to time. On the other hand, he considered himself to be pretty good at bunting, and in a good situation to do so, he wondered if laying one down would be a better option.

What should you do? (PowerPro Jr)

A. Swing away
B. Bunt toward third base
C. Bunt toward first base
D. PUSH BUNT!
E. Throw your bat at the coach

NAPOLI FOR MVP

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:31 am 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Dodgers
Console '08: Wii and PS2
Favorite Japanese title: (PS3) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2011
A

limitlimitlimit

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:04 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Anthony decided to swing away anyways. Coach Miller lobbed in a meatball, and Anthony turned on it for a base hit, advancing the runner to second.

(Anthony: XP +4)

In the fifth inning, Stanislaus was on first with no outs. He looked over to Coach Miller for his sign and took his lead—a pretty big one, since he had just gotten the steal sign. As Coach Merritt began his delivery, Stanislaus took off. Coach Merritt whirled around and threw a strike to second, with Stanislaus still two steps away from the bag.

What do you do? (dustyfarmer)

A. Slide feet-first
B. Slide head-first
C. Plow into the second baseman
D. Run back to first base
E. Catch the ball in your mouth

NAPOLI FOR MVP

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:37 pm 
Ace
Ace

Favorite Team: Astros
Favorite Japanese title: Don't Own
AgentP wrote:

A. Swing away
D. PUSH BUNT!

Why is one of the options not DRAG BUNT OUT OF NOWHERE

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:30 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Tdud123 wrote:
AgentP wrote:

A. Swing away
D. PUSH BUNT!

Why is one of the options not DRAG BUNT OUT OF NOWHERE

Because one of the options is PUSH BUNT!

Dusty, you know you want to pick E...

NAPOLI FOR MVP

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:10 pm 
Ace
Ace

Favorite Team: Giants
Console '07: Don't Own
Quote:
As Coach Merritt began his delivery, Stanislaus took off. Coach Merritt whirled around and threw a strike to second

D. I slow down, because that is a Balk, which I point out to the coach emphatically.

But since I'm sure our coach feels incapable of making mistakes, I wind up in a rundown.

BEN: "The ICHIRO is what gives a Jedi his powers."

VADER: "The power of this battle station is insignificant next to the power of the ICHIRO."

BEN(ghost): "May the ICHIRO be with you, always."

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:02 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Stanislaus stopped in his tracks. “That’s a balk!” he cried, but the second baseman tagged him out, and Coach Miller would have none of his complaints. In the dugout, eighth-grader and team captain Joey King sympathized with Stanislaus. “It’s alright, dude, sometimes the coaches like to think they don’t have to follow the rules,” Joey said.

(Stanislaus: XP +1)

After the scrimmage ended, the seventh and eighth graders began their scrimmage. The first three innings were played then, with the remaining three to be played at the beginning of the next day’s practice.

After three innings had been completed, the coaches told everyone to jog a lap around the warning track. “You can leave once you run a lap,” Coach Merritt said, and the boys took off.

When Ug Li got home, he showered and changed into a clean pair of jeans and a T-shirt. He then sat down to do his math homework, but got stuck after just three problems.

Do you… (Tdud123)

A. Skip the problem and come back to it?
B. Look up the answer online?
C. Give up and play video games instead?
D. Ask the teacher for help the next morning?
E. Feed your pet dog the homework?

NAPOLI FOR MVP

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:11 pm 
Ace
Ace

Favorite Team: Astros
D because we ate our dog.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:41 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Ug tried to ask the teacher for help the next morning, but she said she didn’t have time to answer his questions. He did get help from a classmate in study hall, however.

(Ug: XP +2)

Cody Tibbits sat in the waiting area at SportClips with his mom and two younger brothers. “Timmy?” a young woman called from the front desk. “Hi, my name is Celia,” she said, “we’ll be in the fourth chair on the left.”

Seven-year-old Timmy followed Celia and his mom back to the chair. “Alright, last time you got a mohawk, and the time before that you got a shorter cut,” Celia read from the paper slip her computer had printed out. “I want a mohawk again!” Timmy announced proudly.

Cody hung back watching ESPN with five-year-old Zach, who had previously wanted to grow his hair out but was having second thoughts. “I don’t like when hair gets in my eyes,” Zach told his brother. A few minutes later, another young woman, Julie, took Zach back to her chair on the right side, and he decided to get a buzz-cut.

Meanwhile, Cody was debating what kind of haircut he should get. He usually got his hair cut short, but was debating getting a mohawk like his brother…

Across town, Anthony Mangum was sitting in the bleachers watching as his five-year-old brother Zach played a game of tee-ball, coached by his mom, who was also the softball coach at Oceanside High.

Suddenly, out of the corner of his eye, Anthony caught a flash of light, and turned to see where it had come from. The source of the light was the blonde hair of a girl walking past. Mmm…She’s hot…

As his brother stepped in to bat, Anthony battled the urge to go introduce himself. But after Zach popped out, he couldn’t resist any longer…

The next day, the sixth-graders and eighth-graders scrimmaged. It was a total blowout; the eighth-grade trio of Charlie Pickett, Tyler Peterman, and the Simmons twins was nowhere near enough to keep up with the younger players’ energy and talent.

(All sixth-graders: XP +3)

NAPOLI FOR MVP

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:27 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Cody ultimately decided to get his hair cut short like he always did. He got several compliments on his hair the next day.

(Cody: XP +5)

Anthony walked over to the blonde-haired girl and used his best pickup line…

What’s your go-to pickup line? (PowerPro Jr)

A. “Are you a beaver? ‘Cause dam!”
B. “Are you from Tennessee? ‘Cause you’re the only 10 I see!”
C. “Did it hurt when you fell from heaven?”
D. “u got kik”
E. “Are you Smitty Werbenjagermanjensen? ‘Cause you’re my #1!”

NAPOLI FOR MVP

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 389 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 26  Next