Power Pros Forum

A community-run forum for Power Pros
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:52 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

This forum is for discussion of anything EXCEPT MLB Power Pros, if your post does not belong here it will be moved. Thank you.
-->

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 389 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next
 Post subject: Re: RPG #10!
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:20 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Rangers
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
Favorite Japanese title: (PS3) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2012
Stanislaus, who was without a doubt the fastest player in the entire WGMS baseball program, attempted to bunt for a hit. The first pitch was well high and he laid off of that, but the second pitch was over the plate and Stanislaus dropped one down, between the mound and the third-base line. The pitcher and third baseman both converged on the ball, and the third baseman got there first, but had no play, as nobody had covered second base and Stanislaus was already on first by the time he picked the ball up.

(Stanislaus: XP +4)

In the bottom of the second, with the score still tied 0-0, right fielder Jamie Kelley came up with one out and nobody on. Matthew decided to attack him inside, and on the fourth pitch, came a little too far inside with a fastball and hit Kelley. Thankfully, though, he struck out the next two batters to retire the side.

(Matthew: XP +1, CTRL -1)

In the bottom of the third, Will Thompson beautifully placed a ball in the left-center gap, racing around the bases and sliding in safely with a triple. Joey Short followed with a chopper to second that was high enough to allow Thompson to score.

In the fourth, Jimmy came up to bat with runners on the corners and one out. Robert Milton pulled their pitcher and replaced him with a player off the bench, seventh-grader Henry Towns, a right-hander with a good sinker and an okay breaking ball.

What do you do? (Kungfupandacam)

A. Look for the sinker
B. Look for the breaking ball
C. Swing away
D. Take until you get a strike
E. Dab

NAPOLI FOR MVP

"All people are good for something. The important thing is finding what." - Tom

post count doesn't matter

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:
i think we banned him cause he was an idiot
glad i never got banned for that

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:30 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Angels
Favorite Japanese title: (Wii) Jikkyou Powerful Major League 2009
B.

Cleveland Browns : The Race For Last Place
2018 MLBPP Update

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 6:58 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Jimmy sat on the curve, and finally got one on a 2-2 count, but the ball moved more than he expected, and Jimmy could only weakly ground it to second base, resulting in a double play to end the inning.

(Jimmy: XP -1)

In the top of the fifth, Danny Thornton walked to load the bases against the righty Towns, bringing up Tanner Davis with two outs.

“C’mon, dude. Just don’t *(censored)* it up,” Tanner whispered to himself, sneaking a glance into the stands to make sure his parents hadn’t heard him swearing.

They hadn’t, and he strode to the plate with his black and white Easton bat in hand.

Towns threw three consecutive curveballs in the dirt to give Tanner a 3-0 advantage, then came back with a sinker down the middle, exactly what Tanner was expecting.

“That ball is going… going… GONE!” bellowed the stadium announcer, which for some reason they had in a middle-school B-team game.

Tanner was mobbed at home plate by his teammates, who realized not only that Tanner’s home run had given them a 4-1 lead, but that if they kept the dogpile going long enough, the game might get called for time, as they had run off 57 minutes of the one-hour clock already.

They were waved off by the umpire, and Robert Milton inserted a new pitcher as part of a double-switch. The new lefty, Joe Collins, struck out Mason Phelps, who walked back to the dugout looking rather dejected, but skipped out to the field when Coach Merritt told him he could play shortstop for the last half-inning. Tanner and Jimmy were also allowed to play in the outfield, despite Jimmy having no experience playing in the outfield.

Matthew remained on the mound for the fifth (and final) inning, and started off well by retiring Owen Parke on a grounder to third. But he walked the next two batters, and a deep fly to center moved them up to second and third, respectively; an intentional walk loaded the bases for third baseman Alec Howland, who was 0 for 2 on the day.

Coach Merritt came out to the mound to help Matthew calm down. “Just throw strikes, there’s a force at any base and all we need is one out,” the young, spry coach told his younger, sprier subject.

Matthew high-fived his coach, took a deep breath, and came to the set position, peering in for the sign from catcher Evan Woolsey. Evan put down one finger and tapped it against his left knee — fastball, outside to the left-handed batter Howland.

Matthew wound up and fired, spotting his fastball on the outside edge for strike one. His next pitch was not as well-spotted, and missed the plate for ball one, leading Evan to call for a changeup.

Matthew decided to shake him off and throw another fastball. He missed his spot again, but this time the pitch came right down the middle, and Howland took it the other way for a base hit, scoring the runner from third.

(Matthew: XP -1, CTRL -1)

That brought up the stocky first baseman Porter Johnson, who had doubled in his previous at-bat and was 1 for 2. Matthew decided to follow his catcher’s signals this time, and induced a weak pop-up to shortstop on the second pitch.

Out at shortstop, Mason Phelps had caught sight of a butterfly fluttering around no more than four or five feet from where he stood, and was determined to catch it. He was less determined, therefore, to catch the pop fly that was headed his way.

“Mason!” yelled third baseman Andy Teasdall. But it was too late; the ball had already dropped in, and one run had already scored; a second runner was on the way home, and without a strong throw from a still-distracted Mason, he too would score and tie the game.

Mason’s throw home skipped in front of the plate, and the runner was safe. The very next pitch was lined into right field for a walk-off RBI single, and just like that, the Walker Grove Raiders red team had lost their first game, 5-4.

NAPOLI FOR MVP

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 12:22 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

After the game, Mason stood in the dugout as he changed out of his cleats and into a pair of sneakers so he wouldn’t tear up the carpet in his mom’s new car. After dropping the ball and essentially costing his team the game, Mason worried that his bullying problems from his last school would continue at Walker Grove. His worst fears were confirmed when two of his sixth-grade teammates walked over to him.

“Jesus Christ, dude.” Colby Lemieux confronted Mason as he began to unlace his cleats.

“How hard is it to stay focused and catch the freaking ball?” Jason Hamilton sneered.

Mason tried to find something else to focus on to block out the verbal abuse that continued to come from the two boys, but he was unable to concentrate as Colby and Jason continued to bully him.

Finally, something snapped, and Danny Thornton came storming over from the other side of the dugout. “Shut up!” he yelled at Mason’s tormenters. “You okay?” he asked Mason.

“Yeah, I’m fine,” Mason shrugged.

It was about this time that the blue team started to show up for the game, as many of them had gone out to eat before the game. Of the arriving players, though, only Xander and Johnny noticed anything strange. It seemed like there was some sort of a struggle going on in the far corner between four or five of the boys on the red team…

What do you do? (GoTwins24)

A. Get a better view
B. Break up the fight
C. Join the fight
D. Mind your own business
E. Bribe the umpires

NAPOLI FOR MVP

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 12:34 pm 
Ace
Ace

Favorite Team: Giants
Console '07: Don't Own
Favorite Japanese title: Don't Own
Colby Lemieux is a douche-in-training who plucks his own eyebrows and is most likely illiterate.

BEN: "The ICHIRO is what gives a Jedi his powers."

VADER: "The power of this battle station is insignificant next to the power of the ICHIRO."

BEN(ghost): "May the ICHIRO be with you, always."

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:21 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Indians
Johnny will try to be a peacemaker and break up the fight.

BrewersFuzz wrote:
AND THEN IN A SHOCKING TURN OF EVENTS CLEVELAND BLOWS THE 3-1 LEAD THIS TIME

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:33 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Johnny attempted to break up the fight. It appeared that there were now five boys involved — Colby and Jason on one side, Mason and Danny on the other, and Stanislaus, who had called Colby a douche and was now receiving some abuse as well.

Johnny was successful in driving the boys out of the dugout, but their struggle continued outside, and an all-out fight started on the lawn surrounding the baseball field.

Colby rushed forward and attempted to sock Mason in the face. Danny dived to block the punch, but caught his knee on a rock and cut it wide open, sending blood everywhere. Mason, meanwhile, skipped away from the punch and ran to safety. Jason saw fit to try to wrestle Stanislaus to the ground, and while he succeeded in dragging the older boy down, Stanislaus landed on top of him, bruising Jason’s lower leg.

(Colby: CON -1)
(Danny: INJURED, knee infection)
(Mason: RUN SPD +1)
(Jason: INJURED, leg bruise)
(Stanislaus: RUN SPD -1)

Meanwhile, Xander tried to make himself useful by asking the coaches if they needed his help with anything, keeping in mind that with his broken leg, he couldn’t do much physically.

Coach Miller told him that he could keep score for the game; normally one of the student-managers would do that, but they were all part of the musical theatre program, which had a show that night at 8 o’clock, and therefore they all had to miss the game.

Xander accepted this, as not only would it help him build trust with the coaches for next year, but it would also let him stay in the dugout and talk to the other players during the game.

(Xander: XP +1, SP +1)

The game started shortly thereafter, with the teams lining up like this:

Walker Grove Raiders (Blue)

(1) James Wilson, RF
(2) Johnny Boyega, 1B
(3) Sam Gow, 3B
(4) Jaxon Stills, SS
(5) Danny Hummer, 2B
(6) Cody Tibbits, C
(7) Dante Dillard, CF
(8) Harry Hustle, LF
(9) Lake Lagunov, P

Robert Milton Warhawks (A)

(1) Jacob Short, 2B
(2) William Schultz, P
(3) Aidan Howard, RF
(4) Hank Jenkins, C
(5) Sam Scott, 3B
(6) Jordan Hankins, SS
(7) Dennis Love, LF
(8) Chase Bradbury, 1B
(9) Zac Byrd, CF

The Warhawks’ starting pitcher, William Schultz, was a stocky left-hander with a good, hard fastball and a solid curveball. His fastball was fairly straight, though, and his changeup was an awful pitch.

The game was still scoreless when Lake came up to bat for the first time in the top of the third inning with Harry on first base and zero outs.

Coach Miller tapped his hat twice, then his sleeve, his belt, his sleeve, and his hat again.

What do you do? (dishnet34)

A. Swing away
B. Be patient
C. Sacrifice bunt
D. Bunt for a hit
E. Yell “THAT’S THE STEAL SIGN, RIGHT?”

NAPOLI FOR MVP

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:27 pm 
Community Manager
Community Manager

Favorite Team: Tigers
As much as I'd like to do E for comedic effect, I'm gonna play Yost-ball and go with C.

"Another year older, another year better at Power Pros!" -Me
"Best way to get laid: Tell her you're the community manager of a baseball video game forum." -SkittleMonster
"The Chronicles of Dish's Love Life. I'd read it." -BrewersFuzz
"Find a way to be alone in a baseball stadium at sunrise, when the only sound you hear are about nine birds that got lost, and found themselves in a stadium, and they’re chirping across the grandstand trying to figure out where the *(censored)* they ended up." -Dan Besbris

Twitter: @robtoml_statman

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:31 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

dishnet34 wrote:
As much as I'd like to do E for comedic effect, I'm gonna play Yost-ball and go with C.

aww, y'all are no fun :(

NAPOLI FOR MVP

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:18 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Lake cycled through the signs in his head. Two taps meant the second sign was on. Sleeve meant steal. Belt meant bunt. One tap at the end was the indicator; without the final tap the sign would be nothing. The sign, therefore, was bunt.

Lake laid down a nice bunt toward third base, and was retired on a strong throw to first, but advanced the runner to second base.

After James Wilson, the leadoff batter, drew a walk, Johnny Boyega came up with runners on first and second and one out.

Down at third base, Coach Miller tapped his hat once, then his sleeve, his belt, his shoe, and his sleeve again.

What do you do? (GoTwins24)

A. Swing away
B. Be patient
C. Sacrifice bunt
D. Bunt for a hit
E. Yell “THAT DOESN’T MEAN ANYTHING, I’M NOT AN IDIOT”

NAPOLI FOR MVP

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:

Last edited by AgentP on Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:44 pm 
Community Manager
Community Manager

*(censored)* it, let's go E this time.

"Best way to get laid: Tell her you're the community manager of a baseball video game forum." -SkittleMonster
"Find a way to be alone in a baseball stadium at sunrise, when the only sound you hear are about nine birds that got lost, and found themselves in a stadium, and they’re chirping across the grandstand trying to figure out where the *(censored)* they ended up." -Dan Besbris

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 1:02 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

dishnet34 wrote:

wait oops Johnny is GoTwins24 idk what I'm doing lol

sorry

NAPOLI FOR MVP

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 1:32 pm 
Community Manager
Community Manager

AgentP wrote:
dishnet34 wrote:

sorry

I knew that. I just wanted to say it. No harm, no foul, right?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:25 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

dishnet34 wrote:
AgentP wrote:
dishnet34 wrote:

sorry

I knew that. I just wanted to say it. No harm, no foul, right?

(Lake: XP -100000000, all stats -100) :twisted:

NAPOLI FOR MVP

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:42 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Indians
Johnny decided to swing away

BrewersFuzz wrote:
AND THEN IN A SHOCKING TURN OF EVENTS CLEVELAND BLOWS THE 3-1 LEAD THIS TIME

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 389 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next