Power Pros Forum

A community-run forum for Power Pros
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

This forum is for discussion of anything EXCEPT MLB Power Pros, if your post does not belong here it will be moved. Thank you.
-->

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 389 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 26  Next
 Post subject: Re: RPG #10!
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:52 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Rangers
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
Favorite Japanese title: (PS3) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2012
“It’s ir, everyone knows that.”

“Correct. Cody, can you count to ten in Spanish for me?”

“Uno, dos, tres, cuatro, cinco, seis, siete, ocho, nueve, diez,” Cody recited perfectly.

“Excellent work.”

(Anthony: XP +3, Cody: XP +4)

After Spanish was lunch, and Señor Chaves allowed the kids to leave a few minutes early to get in line. A sign at the entrance to the cafeteria announced the day’s lunch options as:

cold lunch: ham or turkey club sandwiches, $3.00
hot lunch: spaghetti with meatballs, $4.00
premium lunch: grilled salmon, $5.00

Another sign announced the following a la carte items:

water: $0.50
soda/juice: $1.00
chips: $1.00
cookie: $0.50

Harold Henderson stood in line wondering what he should get. He fished in his pocket for his lunch money—a crisp five-dollar bill. He had managed to avoid losing the money this time, deftly dodging a poised eighth-grader in the hall by sliding behind a kissing couple.

What do you want for lunch? (Baseballteen9500)

A. Club sandwich, soda, chips
B. Club sandwich, water, chips, cookie
C. Spaghetti with meatballs, water, cookie
D. Spaghetti with meatballs, soda, no side
E. Grilled salmon, no drink, no side

NAPOLI FOR MVP

"All people are good for something. The important thing is finding what." - Tom

post count doesn't matter

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:
i think we banned him cause he was an idiot
glad i never got banned for that

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:27 am 
All-Star
All-Star

Favorite Team: Athletics
Favorite Japanese title: (PS3) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2011
B. I need the food

.247 is better than .000 if I'm being honest.-BBMan9500

I will always love this place

When there is actually activity again I'll be there!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:14 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Harold was hitting an early growth spurt and needed to fill himself up with as much food as possible. “I’ll have a turkey club, please,” he told the lunch lady at the cold-lunch counter. He then grabbed a bag of Doritos, a bottle of water, and a chocolate chip cookie before proceeding to the register. He handed over the five-dollar bill, which was exactly enough to cover the cost of his meal.

(Harold: XP +3)

After lunch was recess, but most kids just used the time to catch up on homework or hang out with friends.

After recess was English class, and the teacher, Miss Popper, gave each kid a sentence to analyze. “Find as many errors relating to grammar, punctuation, and spelling as you can,” she told the class of twenty-four students: eight boys, sixteen girls.

One of the boys was named Johnny Boyega, and he was given a sentence that read:

“I did good on my math test becuz I got a A.”

How many errors are there in the sentence? (GoTwins24)

A. Zero
B. One
C. Two
D. Three
E. Like, a zillion?

NAPOLI FOR MVP

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:17 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Indians
Favorite Japanese title: Don't Own
D. (character limit)

BrewersFuzz wrote:
AND THEN IN A SHOCKING TURN OF EVENTS CLEVELAND BLOWS THE 3-1 LEAD THIS TIME

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:59 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

“Johnny, can you tell me what number your sentence is?” asked Miss Popper after the kids had had some time to look the sentences over.

“It’s, uh, number 25,” Johnny said. “25, okay. Now tell me this: how many errors are in your sentence?”

“Uh…there are three errors in the sentence.”

“Correct, Johnny. Well done. You may take a sucker from the bucket if you wish.”

Johnny fished around in the bucket for a few seconds before settling on a mystery-flavor one. He unwrapped the sucker and began to lick. Cream soda…Not bad.

(Johnny: XP +5)

The boys’ final class of the day was science. Mrs. Kelly’s classroom was located on the second floor, near the art room.

Mrs. Kelly spent most of class giving a detailed explanation of the class syllabus, then let the nineteen kids in the class out early so they could change for P.E. or sports.

Lake Lagunov walked out of Mrs. Kelly’s room and towards the…

Where are you headed? (dishnet34)

A. Baseball Complex
B. Auditorium
C. East Gymnasium
D. West Gymnasium
E. Trophy Room ;)

NAPOLI FOR MVP

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:06 pm 
Community Manager
Community Manager

Favorite Team: Tigers
Favorite Japanese title: (Wii) Jikkyou Powerful Major League 2009
Let's go with C.

"Another year older, another year better at Power Pros!" -Me
"Best way to get laid: Tell her you're the community manager of a baseball video game forum." -SkittleMonster
"The Chronicles of Dish's Love Life. I'd read it." -BrewersFuzz
"Find a way to be alone in a baseball stadium at sunrise, when the only sound you hear are about nine birds that got lost, and found themselves in a stadium, and they’re chirping across the grandstand trying to figure out where the *(censored)* they ended up." -Dan Besbris

Twitter: @robtoml_statman

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:46 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Lake headed to the East Gymnasium and was a couple minutes early to the meeting.

(Lake: XP +4)

At the meeting, the coaches introduced themselves and announced that they would all be competing for a spot on one of two teams: the “blue” or “A” team, and the “red” or “B” team. “There will be a group of players who will play on both teams,” said one coach, “and another group that will play very sparingly or not at all, but will get extra work in practice to develop their skills.”

The coach that had spoken was a tall, skinny guy in his mid-20s named Coach Merritt. A heavyset coach to his left was named Coach Bowler, and a shorter, older-looking coach to his right was named Coach Miller. The boys—there were thirty-two of them in all—were divided into groups of four to do some benchmark tests to measure their athletic ability. One of the tests was a push-up test, where the boys were told to do as many push-ups as they could without stopping. Xander cranked out thirty-nine push-ups, and was about to quit when he heard a coach approach. No pressure…he thought as he went back down for another push-up, his 40th and final.

Exhausted, he sat down to get a drink of water and rest his arms some, but was told by Coach Miller to run a few laps around the gym. “It may help with any soreness you’re having, and once you do that, you’re free to go.” While other boys were running at closer to 75 percent, Xander casually jogged a single lap around the gym and continued jogging right out the door, only stopping to grab his backpack on the way out.

(Xander: XP +2)

After school, Jimmy went to the park with his little brother Jacque. While they were walking along some trails, Jimmy thought he saw a familiar face hanging out near the skatepark, and went over to get a closer look. Sure enough, there was Xander, hanging out with a few other kids and a couple of older men—looks like they might be dads, Jimmy observed—and Jimmy wondered if he should go over and say hi.

Should you go over to Xander? (Kungfupandacam)

A. Yes, and be nice
B. Yes, and punch him (in either a friendly or non-friendly way, you choose)
C. No, you’ll see him tomorrow at school
D. No, he’s not really your friend
E. No, run away as fast as you can

NAPOLI FOR MVP

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 7:09 am 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Angels
A. I Need Many More Characters.

Cleveland Browns : The Race For Last Place
2018 MLBPP Update

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:04 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

“Hey, Xander!”

“Jimmy? What’s up, dude?”

Xander turned to the older boy next to him. “Thomas, this is Jimmy. We go to school and play baseball together.” “Nice to meet you, Jimmy,” the boy said as he shook Jimmy’s hand. “Dad, this is Jimmy,” Xander said, and Jimmy shook Mr. Woods’s hand as well.

There was no telling where Xander’s and Thomas’s mothers were at this point; Mr. Woods had never married or even thought about doing so with any woman thus far, preferring to stay single. He was a professional skateboarder, and a popular one at that. Tattoos covered his upper body, with colorful sleeves on both arms as well as various designs on his chest and back. Thomas, a sophomore at the Academy for the Arts in downtown San Diego, mostly kept to himself, a stark contrast to the outgoing personalities of his father and his younger brother. The three of them—Mr. Woods, Thomas, and Xander—bonded over common interests such as camping, hiking, skateboarding, surfing, and baseball. Mr. Woods had been a star outfielder in high school before turning down several local D-III schools to pursue his skateboarding career. Thomas was born four months after his high school graduation, and had grown up a baseball player himself, albeit not at the level his father had played. Thomas later gave up the sport to attend the Academy. Xander, meanwhile, was a better ballplayer than either of them had ever been, attending prestigious camps all over the country as only a sixth-grader.

Jimmy declined an invitation to skate with the three of them, as his mother placed a pretty strict 5 P.M. curfew on him during the school week, and it was fast approaching 4:50, with the James family’s single-story residence located a dozen blocks from the park.

(Jimmy: XP +5)

The following afternoon, tryouts continued as all pitchers were required to throw two bullpens. Only those pitchers, as well as the three catchers on the team, were required to report for the practice; everyone else was told to rest up for Wednesday’s workout. All in all, there were nine pitchers, three catchers, and two utility players who showed up that Tuesday afternoon on the practice field. The sixth-grade pitchers went first, with the right-handed Thurgood Stubbs leading off. The youngster had only recently learned his second pitch, a circle changeup, but had solid control of his four-seam fastball, and kept his arm motion fairly consistent with the changeup. Fellow sixth-grader Stanislaus Lem crouched behind the plate and flashed one finger. Thurgood wound up and flung in a fastball, just over the edge of the plate.

After the first bullpen, Thurgood got a lengthy break as the other eight pitchers threw their bullpen sessions; Stanislaus also got a break as the other two catchers took turns catching the next two sessions: sixth-grader Cody Tibbits caught lefty Ug Li, and eighth-grader Tyler Peterman was paired up with southpaw Jimmy James.

The second session was to be treated like a simulated game of sorts, with the coaches dictating the situation and watching intently to see how they reacted. “Okay. Here’s the first situation: runners on first and second, two outs, tie game.” Cody Tibbits nodded and headed to the mound to relay this to Thurgood.

How do you react? (LetsGoMets77)

A. Hold the runners
B. Focus on the batter
C. Lob in a meatball
D. Ask Cody for help
E. Flip off the coaches

NAPOLI FOR MVP

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:12 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Mets
Console '08: Wii and DS
As tempted as I am to pick E,

I'll go with B

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:21 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Thurgood stuck his right hand in his glove and clutched his glove to his chest. Extending his right middle finger briefly, he then went into the windup and pumped in a fastball—strike one. His next two fastballs missed the zone, but a well-thrown changeup induced a groundout to end the inning, at least according to the coaches’ judgment.

(Thurgood: XP +5)

After throwing his two bullpens, Matthew Simpson was debating whether to sneak out early or stick around to support his teammates. He took a risk and tried to sneak out, but when an eighth-grader spotted him slinking along the fence, he claimed that he was looking for a water fountain, and the eighth-grader—an outfielder named Will Lang—told him there was one right by the dugout. Matthew frowned and walked back to the dugout, where he got a drink and sat back down to watch the remainder of practice.

(Matthew: XP +0)

After practice, Lake Lagunov was worn out, and wanted nothing more than to go home and rest. However, after Coach Bowler dismissed the boys, one of the seventh-graders invited everyone to his house for a party later that night. There were two hours in between the end of practice, at 4 PM, and the beginning of the party, at 6 PM. The house was only a couple minutes away by car—heck, Lake could walk from his one-story residence to the sprawling estate of William Weatherby. Lake went home and told his mom, who gave him permission to go if he wanted.

What do you do? (dishnet34)

A. Take a short nap, then go to the party
B. Try to stay awake and go to the party
C. Take a longer nap and don’t go to the party
D. Ask your twin sister Megan what you should do
E. Hit the Quan

NAPOLI FOR MVP

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:46 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Mets
Console '08: Wii and DS
@dishnet34 Please do the right thing here, and pick E

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:49 pm 
Community Manager
Community Manager

Favorite Team: Tigers
Bit of a tough choice, and as much as I want to go with E or D, I'll go with the obvious answer: A.

I at least want to hit the Quan at the party, though. ;)

"Another year older, another year better at Power Pros!" -Me
"Best way to get laid: Tell her you're the community manager of a baseball video game forum." -SkittleMonster
"The Chronicles of Dish's Love Life. I'd read it." -BrewersFuzz
"Find a way to be alone in a baseball stadium at sunrise, when the only sound you hear are about nine birds that got lost, and found themselves in a stadium, and they’re chirping across the grandstand trying to figure out where the *(censored)* they ended up." -Dan Besbris

Twitter: @robtoml_statman

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:14 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Lake decided to take a short nap, and set an alarm for 5:30 so he would have plenty of time to get dressed before the party. After settling on a sweater vest and khakis, his mom drove him down to the Weatherby mansion. A butler at the front door informed him that the party was mainly on the second floor of the enormous house, and Lake walked up the stairs and into the first room to the right, where he found an empty dance floor, with a DJ playing iHeartMemphis’s rap hit “Hit the Quan”. Lake listened carefully to the song, following the rapper’s instructions. The DJ began watching intently as Lake attempted to hit the Quan, growing increasingly frustrated as the boy failed over and over. The DJ eventually gave up on Lake, hitting a couple buttons on his Serato machine and transitioning into another song. Lake then exited the room and wandered off in search of the other partygoers.

(Lake: XP +1)

Johnny Boyega had arrived early to the party, and was hanging out in the upstairs game room with a couple other kids when Lake showed up. Recognizing a familiar face, Johnny waved to his fellow sixth-grader, and Lake waved back. The two of them, along with a seventh-grader named Jaxon Stills, started a game of pool.

Jaxon was underdressed for the occasion; his divorced parents struggled to provide for their three children, and Jaxon had sighed as he picked out his nicest clean outfit to wear to the party—a black, long-sleeved Henley shirt and his nicest pair of jeans. The jeans were nice, but they were also a couple sizes too big for the bony twelve-year-old, and sagged below his hips, allowing some of his red underwear to show. William, having been raised by extremely conservative parents, took exception to this, demanding that Jaxon pull his pants up. Jaxon obliged, but William didn’t stop there. He also snatched a pool cue from Lake and began playing, despite the fact that the three boys were in the middle of a game; William had no regard for the fact that it was Johnny’s turn, dismissing his protest with a wave of his hand as he pocketed the 8-ball on his first shot—a move that, under standard billiards rules, would result in a loss for William. Johnny wondered how he should react as he watched the scene unfurl before him.

What do you do? (GoTwins24)

A. Watch and see what happens
B. Take your turn, as if nothing abnormal had happened
C. Tease William about karma
D. Confront William (you might have a few others on your side…)
E. Take the 8 ball out of the pocket and hurl it at Lake

NAPOLI FOR MVP

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:16 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Indians
Favorite Japanese title: Don't Own
I'll take D....

BrewersFuzz wrote:
AND THEN IN A SHOCKING TURN OF EVENTS CLEVELAND BLOWS THE 3-1 LEAD THIS TIME

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 389 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 26  Next