Power Pros Forum

A community-run forum for Power Pros
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:10 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

This forum is for discussion of anything EXCEPT MLB Power Pros, if your post does not belong here it will be moved. Thank you.
-->

Post subject: 2015: Year in Review
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 4:20 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Indians
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
Favorite Japanese title: Don't Own
I posted these goals late last year:
GoTwins24 wrote:
For Mlbppworld:
1. Get to 2,000 posts.
2. Finish every log I start.
3. Create success players for other people to use, not just myself.

For the outside world:
1. Average 10 points and 10 rebounds and make the All Star team for basketball.
2. Finally hit a 3-pointer. I'm a center so I don't usually get the chance to make it splash.
3. Bat over .400 for the second consecutive season.
4. Pitch well enough to throw over 40 innings.
5. Finally date the girl I've had a crush on for 3 years.

I think I can get to all of these goals except for #5...

Well, I didn't accomplish any of my goals for the forum. I've now realized that post count doesn't mean much, and I haven't really been interested in any game enough this year to do a long-lasting log. As for success players, I'm not really good at making specific players, I can only really make guys who hit for a ton of power.

As for my other goals, I came close to averaging 10 points, but I finished at 9.5. I did average over 10 boards though. I did hit my first trey, a game-tyer in one of our only wins of the season. Man, am I gonna miss basketball this year. I was able to bat way over .400, finishing with a .478 average. As for pitching, my coach didn't really give me any opportunities to pitch, so I only pitched about 5 innings. As for my last goal, let's just say things didn't work out in our friendship.

2015 was a below-average year for me, but I hope 2016 will improve at least in some ways. So anyway, how was you guys' 2015?

BrewersFuzz wrote:
AND THEN IN A SHOCKING TURN OF EVENTS CLEVELAND BLOWS THE 3-1 LEAD THIS TIME

Post subject: Re: 2015: Year in Review
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 4:55 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Red Sox
Not that great of a year for me. Sat around the computer a lot, got fatter, got older. I did some learning (khan academy, spanish language studying, music practice) but largely floated by wasting time. Didn't record or write a lot of music, band didn't go anywhere. Didn't make good headway on the debt that is due in January ($22k).

Things I DID accomplish in 2015:
- began investing in the stock market. Posted a good return, best return on my retirement accounts ever. Big win.
- read 46 books, and got a lot more in near-finished pile. I read 45 last year (2014), up from 22 in 2013. Reading is working!
- refinanced the house. Will save $80k-$95k over the next 20 years of payments. Huge win.
- Finished the garage. painted, insulated, the floor is shiny and done. finally looking good.
- went Vegetarian. Okay, MOSTLY vegetarian. Ive eaten meat twice in the last month. Not seeing any bodily results, but hey, that's a tough enough thing. Eating healthier, smaller portions, and more physical activity are all doable.
- arranged an awesome New Orleans vacation for 5 days, for the wife, sister, in laws and me. Great experience!
- got better at cooking. brussel sprouts, mushrooms, veggie paninis, lamb, veggie pasta, etc. Yay me!

In 2016 I need to
- lose weight. And keep rehabbing my ankle from devastating injury. Maybe get back into tennis!
- practice music a LOT more - practice, write, record, arrange. Vocal practices
- learn - keep reading books, but do Khan academy, code academy, look into finishing that degree (unnecessary, but eh)
- pay off credit cards, and then make extra principal payments on mortgages
- keep improving my stock market knowledge, and make good investments, minimize losses

Expansion Mode Challenge!
2008 Real-Life players from Success Mode - Please assist if you have the time!!
Older/dead logs:
Let the Fielders pitch! New log
MLB Life Mode log - OF Ryan Evert, Athletics
Honolulu Heroes Season Log - real-life players join a scrub team! Find out how they do in the AL West!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:34 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Brewers
Console '07: Don't Own
Didn't post any goals last year. I think. :lol:

Oh well new year new me

Inaugural Member of the 10,000 Post Cult

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:02 pm 
Ace
Ace

Favorite Team: Astros
I joined... dats it

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:22 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Console '08: Wii and PS2
2015 has easily been my favorite year yet. I really felt like I've started to find myself and come into my own. I'm made progress into finding what I care about and what I'm passionate about, and that's made the year much more enjoyable. I'm still very reserved and quiet in real life (I know that may sound shocking to some of you :lol: ), but I'm starting to feel more comfortable with myself. I finally found a genuine friend group, and that's really improved things. Going out and having fun every weekend is much better than just sitting home. I fell in love for the first time, and that was interesting. I definitely wish there had been a different outcome, but I don't regret the experience. I look back at March/April/May and I call myself an idiot, but those 3 months were my favorite ever and provided a learning experience.

As for the forum though, I think it's run its course for me. This place meant a lot to me my first few years of high school, but my connection here has dwindled. I think it's about time for me to move on. I'm gonna stick around for the end of the bowl pick-em, but then I think I'm done.

Are you saying it's wrong to talk to a bag of Skittles? Because if so, I'm going to need to rethink a lot of things. :P
BrewersFuzz wrote:
Powerprosfan31 wrote:
What do twelve year olds do with girlfriends?
Give them ringpops and let them cut up to their spot in line during lunch.
NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS 2017 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS mutha *(censored)*!
Dishnetkid is a heretic who must be burned

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:25 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

That first part is great to hear, Skittles. As for the second part, I guess all things come to an end. I'd like to see you win the picks as your last go-around.

BrewersFuzz wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:44 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Phillies
Console '08: Wii and DS
SkittleMonster wrote:
2015 has easily been my favorite year yet. I really felt like I've started to find myself and come into my own. I'm made progress into finding what I care about and what I'm passionate about, and that's made the year much more enjoyable. I'm still very reserved and quiet in real life (I know that may sound shocking to some of you :lol: ), but I'm starting to feel more comfortable with myself. I finally found a genuine friend group, and that's really improved things. Going out and having fun every weekend is much better than just sitting home. I fell in love for the first time, and that was interesting. I definitely wish there had been a different outcome, but I don't regret the experience. I look back at March/April/May and I call myself an idiot, but those 3 months were my favorite ever and provided a learning experience.

As for the forum though, I think it's run its course for me. This place meant a lot to me my first few years of high school, but my connection here has dwindled. I think it's about time for me to move on. I'm gonna stick around for the end of the bowl pick-em, but then I think I'm done.

Damn, couldn't be happier for you man! Having a great group of friends is, in my opinion, a major step on the road to being happy and all that. :)

As for you finally escaping this pit; well, good luck in all your future endeavors. :D

EDIT:GoTwins, where did we post our goals last year? I remember posting mine, but I can't find the topic for the life of me.

Image Image

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:51 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Japanese title: (Vita) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2012
Hmm I didn't make any resolutions really. But I suppose it's a good as time as any to reflect. I'd say this past year was the same as usual until about August. That's when I picked up learning Japanese and set a goal for myself; it was the first step in seriously thinking more about what I plan to do in the future. That's come right into play with school through senior year, realizing I have to grow up now and take responsibilities soon. So I've been focused on school of course, but really thinking about passing the road test in May and getting a job. This was only magnified by a crush that grew around October - it's made me think more than I ever have about myself and how I approach things. I've always been somewhat of a deep thinker but my mind now applies it to other things even, like music and writing.. I feel more in-tune with my thoughts I guess I would say. That's motivated me to dig down and figure out who I am/who I'm going to be to a degree, when I'm going to make that transition. For a long time I always wanted to be a kid and not worry about those things but turning 18 and having that crush certainly changed me, for the better. That's what's been different this year, and going into 2016.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:58 pm 
Community Manager
Community Manager

Favorite Team: Tigers
Favorite Japanese title: (Wii) Jikkyou Powerful Major League 2009
Good to hear you're spreading out socially, Skittle! That's awesome! And, I know most of us will miss you here at the forum. Do come back from time to time to check in, though. ;)

As for my resolutions from this year:
dishnet34 wrote:
As for this year...

1. Do more things on my own (laundry, dishes, cooking, etc.).
2. Get a girlfriend.
3. Be more social with my friends outside of school.
4. Complete a major writing project (I've had an idea for a story for a while now, and I may want to act on it).

#1 was kind of an improvement, I learned how to cook a couple things (in fact, I'm making a pot of Rice-A-Roni as a side for tonight), but not much else.
#2...still kinda working on that...
#3 was a major improvement for me. I kinda busted out of my shell a little bit this year, which is huge for me, since I wasn't all that social out of school. Having a car helps.
#4, yeah no.

I'll work on a list for next year, but it'll take a bit.

"Another year older, another year better at Power Pros!" -Me
"Best way to get laid: Tell her you're the community manager of a baseball video game forum." -SkittleMonster
"The Chronicles of Dish's Love Life. I'd read it." -BrewersFuzz
"Find a way to be alone in a baseball stadium at sunrise, when the only sound you hear are about nine birds that got lost, and found themselves in a stadium, and they’re chirping across the grandstand trying to figure out where the *(censored)* they ended up." -Dan Besbris

Twitter: @robtoml_statman

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:01 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Paul McCartney15 wrote:
EDIT:GoTwins, where did we post our goals last year? I remember posting mine, but I can't find the topic for the life of me.

POTD #175: New Year's Resolutions

BrewersFuzz wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:03 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

GoTwins24 wrote:
Paul McCartney15 wrote:

POTD #175: New Year's Resolutions

Thx man 8)

Image Image

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:14 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Paul McCartney15 wrote:
Paul McCartney15 wrote:
My resolutions are:
Write more
Get involved in something at school
Learn guitar
Watch more movies
And other things

1.) yes
2.) barely
3.) a little
4.) oh hell yea

As for my goals for 2015

Make a few short films
Do better in school
Get a girlfriend
Keep watching movies

1.) oh baby yes I did. I directed three shorts and was involved in the making of four more. This year should be even more productive in that department.
2.) hmmm. How would you define better? I mean. I guess kinda.
3.) Don't be silly, Past Paul.
4.) yeah I've watched more new movies this year than any year prior. Not as proud of accomplishing this than I probably would've been a year ago, but whatever.

Anyway, new resolutions:
1.) win a Youth film festival in my area and collect the 500 dollar prize. Should be starting production on the film I plan to submit ASAP.
2.) Read more. I read a lot more last year than I did this year.
3.) uhh, do well in school. Cause it's junior year.
4.) be more confident. I'm only confident in certain situations. I plan to be more confident in a larger number of situations by the end of 2016.
5.) Don't be a Dick. Not that I am a dick now, but I'm around a lot of dickish people. So I don't wanna stoop to their level.
6.) enjoy 2016 as much as I possibly can. After 2016, things are going to start changing at an even more rapid pace than they are now. Which is like, crazy *(censored)* rapid. A lot of things I've taken for granted my whole life will no longer be available to me in a year or two and, as scary as that is, I wanna stop wallowing in self pity and a yearning for the past and instead just enjoy the rest of the ride.

Image Image

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:55 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

for reading more, consider joining Goodreads. You can get a free e-book on your phone for when you are trapped somewhere, and you can set a yearly reading goal, track progress, and see what friends are reading/recommending.

Expansion Mode Challenge!
2008 Real-Life players from Success Mode - Please assist if you have the time!!
Older/dead logs:
Let the Fielders pitch! New log
MLB Life Mode log - OF Ryan Evert, Athletics
Honolulu Heroes Season Log - real-life players join a scrub team! Find out how they do in the AL West!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:46 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Rangers
Favorite Japanese title: (PS3) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2012
AgentP wrote:
New Year’s Resolutions 2015

(2014: 3 for 5)

SCHOOL
-Get accepted to at least one of my top four colleges (Wittenberg, Concordia-Chicago, Indiana-Bloomington, UMass-Amherst)
-Stay out of study hall
-Make honor roll

PERSONAL
-Finish at least one major writing project (Hide, Don’t Seek; Wizard25; Nick’s Village; etc.)
-Read more books
-Lose weight (Goal I: 160 lbs. Goal II: 140 lbs. Current: 177 lbs.)
-Go out with [name of girl I like]

let's see...

1) yep, applied to 3 schools and got accepted to all 3 (umass being the one I left out)
2) ding, pretty easy considering we only have to be passing all classes as seniors
3) winner again, actually made "headmaster's list" due to having over 4.0 GPA in first nine weeks

4) nope. got about 5 chapters into HDS and decided to completely rewrite it, I don't like where it's going so that's up in the air. haven't worked on W25 since mid-June, it's almost definitely off the table now. and NV is more of a side project, though I'd still love to complete it eventually. started a new project though and I'm making some headway with that so things are looking up heading into 2016!
5) maybe? I counted this as a W because I went on a spree of reading over the summer, read 4 books in one day on vacation and that felt great. haven't read much recently though, picked up 3 new books at barnes & noble yesterday to add to my stack of books to read
6) hahahahhahhahahaha NOPE, at last weighing I was actually at 180.2 lbs though I've been bouncing between 175-185 pounds all year
7) also a big fat N-O, not only did the girl change a lot but I lost interest in dating as a whole for a while, so yeah that didn't go as planned

4 for 7 is not too terrible, hopefully I can do better on this year's set of resolutions, which I'll probably post in that POTD175 eventually

NAPOLI FOR MVP

"All people are good for something. The important thing is finding what." - Tom

post count doesn't matter

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:
i think we banned him cause he was an idiot
glad i never got banned for that

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:31 am 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Brewers
I feel like someone should please go start a resolutions thread for 2016 instead of putting them in the 2015 review thread. :lol:

Maybe tomorrow I'll come up with some goals, seems fun.

Inaugural Member of the 10,000 Post Cult