Power Pros Forum

A community-run forum for Power Pros
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

This forum is for discussion of anything EXCEPT MLB Power Pros, if your post does not belong here it will be moved. Thank you.
-->

Post subject: The Wild Wild West - RCT3
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:10 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Brewers
Console '07: Don't Own
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
Favorite Japanese title: Don't Own
I've been sucked back into the world of Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 lately, and I'm pretty pleased with the park I'm working on so I thought I'd share it with you guys, as I know some of you have played this series.

After looking over all the park themes, Western was definitely the one with the most stuff(rides, scenery, etc...) besides the generic theme. This, along with the Goldrush! level in the campaign(my favorite level of the few I played of the campaign) inspired me to make this park. I named it The Wild Wild West because it fits and I couldn't think of anything better.

I geographically divided the park into 2 sections, with a ridge top running through the middle of the park, and a pass up the center for the path to go up. I divided it again in my head by where the path runs through the middle. The upper portion is also notably higher than the bottom, but not as high as the ridge. This added some variety to the terrain. I figured it would be harder to draw people to the back of the park, so that's where I'm planning to put my biggest and best coasters. I left the bottom section to be filled with everything like animal enclosures, go-karts, thrill rides, gentle rides, a small western town, a pool, and a few slower, less thrilling coasters. I may also add in a mini-golf course.

Sorry for the huge pictures!

The entrance is on the left, and the buildings serve as the main street of the park. There's lots of shops, toilets, a cowboy show, and a buffalo rodeo ride here.

This is what I call Section 1 of the park. It's got the pool, go-karts, some rides, and the animal enclosures, as well as a station for the railroad shuttle that runs around the park.

A closer look at the animal enclosures, with the horses on the left and the grizzly bears on the right. Those were about the only 2 animals I could call western, and the bears might be a stretch haha. Surprisingly though, the horses are super popular while the bears usually have 10 or fewer people in the viewing gallery.

On the far left, you can see the Wild West Cowboy Show. Next is the Wagon Wheel(Ferris Wheel). Both of these were super popular when I first opened the park, but have seen that popularity decline over the years. Next is the TNT Vortex, which has remained popular since it was built. And on the far right is the Mine Shaft Drop, another consistently popular thrill ride. In the top right you can see one of the trains of the railroad shuttle. The go-kart track, which I named Bonnie and Clyde's Car Chase because I had nothing better to call it that would kind of maybe tie it in to the western theme, is next. The end of the track sort of weaves through a fake western town. I threw in some scenery to make it look more western. It has also remained very popular throughout its life in the park.

The Oasis Pool Complex has just started to decline in popularity over the past few years. At one point, a crowd of 200+ would be common, but I think there were 88 people in the pool when this picture was taken. However, the waterslide(Rushing River Rapids) is still the most popular ride in the park according to statistics.

TO BE CONTINUED...

Inaugural Member of the 10,000 Post Cult

Last edited by BrewersFuzz on Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: The Wild Wild West - RCT3
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:18 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

This part of the park is in Section 2, across the road from everything you've seen so far. If you look in the first picture, these rides would be above main street. You can also see the bottom corner of the pool in the top right of this pic. At the top left, you can see this sections train station, as well as where the train goes underground(hidden by those trees and cacti at the top of the picture) to avoid crossing the main path. The airplane ride in the middle is called Crop Dusters, which seemed like a western enough ride for me to put in. Below that and slightly to the right is the mechanical bull ride called 8 Seconds. The top left ride is called The Pistol, with the Rotovator below it and to the Rotovator's right is The Lasso. These 3 rides haven't been very popular, but this section was just completed so maybe they'll start seeing more customers now. Crop Dusters and 8 Seconds are both really popular attractions.

This is the first coaster built in the park, located at the bottom of Section 2. Named The Pony Express, this coaster has peeps ride on fake horses on the tracks. At the top center of the pic you can see the Rock Slide event, which sends boulders tumbling down onto the riders of the coaster, only to be stopped by the fence before they crush you. What a thrill! This is and always has been a very popular ride.

The newest addition to the park is Timber Falls, a log flume ride in the bottom left corner of Section 2, neighboring The Pony Express. It's a little slow paced for my taste, but it has a good excitement rating, with low intensity and nausea, so I'd imagine this being pretty popular. Haven't played long enough to see.

This is Section 4, located above Section 2. I plan on building a big wooden coaster that wraps around the mountain in this section. Maybe I'll throw a few thrill rides up here too.

This is Section 3, located above Section 1. It is the smallest section. This picture gives another good look at the railroad shuttle. I'll probably just put one roller coaster back here and that's it.

Thanks for checking out my park!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 9:33 am 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Angels
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Favorite Japanese title: (Wii) Jikkyou Powerful Major League 2009
Cool, those rides and it looks awesome!

Cleveland Browns : The Race For Last Place
2018 MLBPP Update

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 3:20 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Kungfupandacam wrote:
Cool, those rides and it looks awesome!

Thanks man, I've been working hard on it :)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 6:40 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Angels
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Favorite Japanese title: (Wii) Jikkyou Powerful Major League 2009
will you post more pictures if you build some more roller coasters.

Cleveland Browns : The Race For Last Place
2018 MLBPP Update