Power Pros Forum

A community-run forum for Power Pros
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:14 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

This forum is for discussion of anything EXCEPT MLB Power Pros, if your post does not belong here it will be moved. Thank you.
-->

Post subject: An Explanation: Regarding "woke_9yearold"
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 12:28 am 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Rangers
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
Favorite Japanese title: (PS3) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2012
Hey guys! It has come to my attention that I have been holding some information from you for a while now.

You see, I always talk about being an only child, and, well, it’s been true sometimes.

For the first seven or so years of my life, I was an only child. No brothers. No sisters.

Then January 16, 2007 came. My parents’ second child was born on that day. His name is Kevin Carson Bernhart, and he’s 9 years old now.

When Kevin was in kindergarten, he was a big troublemaker. Drawing on the walls. Fighting kids at recess. At one point my parents threatened him with military school if he didn’t shape up. And he kept on causing disruptions everywhere he went, so off he went — to Illinois, where a now-closed “elementary military school” boarded him for three years. Obviously they closed after Kevin’s third year, and my parents and I made the decision to let Kevin come back home for a few reasons:

1. There weren’t (and aren’t) exactly a lot of options for him at that point. The elementary military school does exist, but it’s not a commonplace option and in fact I don’t think there are any in Illinois, Indiana, or Ohio — so keeping Kevin in such a school would have meant moving him quite a ways from where he had been.
2. Every report we had been getting on Kevin’s progress was coming back positive. The school was going to allow us to visit him, and in fact when we made a trip to Chicago to visit a couple colleges, we were able to drop in and check on him.
3. At the aforementioned visit, Kevin broke down in tears and simply told us, “I wanna go home.” My mom’s a very emotional woman, and I think this may have sealed the deal for her. My dad tries to stay neutral (if that makes sense) but I think he has a soft spot for the two of us deep down in there.

There were certainly other factors that went into the decision, but ultimately my parents and I had an extended “family meeting” (stretched over a two-week period) and made the decision to bring Kevin home for his fourth-grade year, which he would spend in the local public elementary school while my parents further discussed his future. As far as I know, the plan is to eventually enroll him in a private school, but I believe Kevin’s gonna be spending next year in public school as well.

Anyways, the reason I always talked about being an only child was because, in essence, I was one. Sure, I had a brother, but when you don’t see someone for almost three whole years… I figured it was easier (and it was) at the time to just pass myself off as an only child, but the time to explain has come (as Kevin appears to have found the Internet).

Writing this was quite an emotional process for me (you can imagine the memories that come out when I think about those early years with Kevin), and I’m sorry if his actions have confused you. I’ll be reviewing all of his posts, making comments publicly as I see fit, and I’ll have a nice, long talk with him tomorrow. Or maybe Sunday, since tomorrow’s a pretty busy day (local elections! Stars game! Kentucky Derby! Penguins game!) :razz:

Thank you for understanding.

— Parker

NAPOLI FOR MVP

"All people are good for something. The important thing is finding what." - Tom

post count doesn't matter

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:
i think we banned him cause he was an idiot
glad i never got banned for that

Post subject: Re: An Explanation: Regarding "woke_9yearold"
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 12:38 am 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Mets
Console '08: Wii and DS
Favorite Japanese title: (Wii) Jikkyou Powerful Major League 2009
my body has finally been entirely consumed by cancer.

thanks agent.

Your pal,
LetsGoMets77

Last edited by LetsGoMets77 on Sat May 07, 2016 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 12:40 am 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Brewers
Console '07: Don't Own
Favorite Japanese title: Don't Own
Lmao top 10 posts in forum history. :lol: God bless america

Inaugural Member of the 10,000 Post Cult

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 9:31 am 
Community Manager
Community Manager

Favorite Team: Tigers
Favorite Japanese title: (Wii) Jikkyou Powerful Major League 2009
Hey, man, don't feel like you were holding info from us! It's all good. Sorry to hear about this situation, but at least we know a little bit of backstory behind his...interesting comments.

Plus, the commentary you've made on his posts have been the best thing I've read all day so far.

"Another year older, another year better at Power Pros!" -Me
"Best way to get laid: Tell her you're the community manager of a baseball video game forum." -SkittleMonster
"The Chronicles of Dish's Love Life. I'd read it." -BrewersFuzz
"Find a way to be alone in a baseball stadium at sunrise, when the only sound you hear are about nine birds that got lost, and found themselves in a stadium, and they’re chirping across the grandstand trying to figure out where the *(censored)* they ended up." -Dan Besbris

Twitter: @robtoml_statman

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 2:12 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Rangers
Favorite Japanese title: (PS3) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2012
dishnet34 wrote:
Hey, man, don't feel like you were holding info from us! It's all good. Sorry to hear about this situation, but at least we know a little bit of backstory behind his...interesting comments.

Plus, the commentary you've made on his posts have been the best thing I've read all day so far.

hehe thanks, I'm trying to humor myself and y'all at the same time and his posts are certainly interesting...

I talked to him briefly this morning, and we agreed that he should spend the weekend away from the Internet. I've taken up his iPad and his phone and we've turned off his computer as well. I should be able to have a longer chat with him about all of this either tomorrow or after the weekend (like I said today's a busy day and I think we're all kinda emotionally distraught right now) and hopefully after that he'll be ready to contribute to the forum more.

Thanks for everything,
Agent

NAPOLI FOR MVP

"All people are good for something. The important thing is finding what." - Tom

post count doesn't matter

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:
i think we banned him cause he was an idiot
glad i never got banned for that