Power Pros Forum

A community-run forum for Power Pros
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:36 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

This forum is for discussion of anything EXCEPT MLB Power Pros, if your post does not belong here it will be moved. Thank you.
-->

Post subject: 25 Man Fictional Baseball Roster
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:05 pm 
Designated Poster
Designated Poster

Favorite Team: Yankees
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
Favorite Japanese title: Don't Own
Figured it would be fun to build a full, 25 man roster, made up of nothing but fictional characters (or maybe I had too much time on my hands the last 6 months recovering from an ACL sprain). Would like to see what everyone thinks and if you would have a fictional team you would like to build. But, to make it a little bit more difficult, I have imposed a few rules on myself.
*No animated characters or characters from video games.
*I can use characters from movies, TV or book series.
*No players from movies/TV/Books based on a true story (Ex. Jim Morris, The Rookie).
*I can make one position change, as long as it is not out of the realm of possibility.
*Limit 2 players only from a movie/ TV/ Book on my 25 man roster; front office and coaches don’t count. However, if there was a sequel, you can take a player that appears in the sequel, as long as they didn’t appear in the original.

Starting Lineup
CF- Willie Mayes Hayes (Major League): The perfect leadoff man and a constant threat to steal any base. Hayes is also a great defender and can track down virtually any fly ball hit his way.

SS- Benny “The Jet” Rodriguez (The Sandlot): A hard worker and a team leader, Benny is a complete five tool player. He can hit, hit for power, has blazing speed, can play elite defense and has a great arm. He’ll be a lock to go 20/20.

LF- Rex “T-Rex” Pennebaker (Mr. 3000): T-Rex can hit not only for a high average, but he also has unbelievable power. He can be a bit of a selfish player, but there are plenty leaders on this team to keep him in line.

DH- Roy Hobbs (The Natural): He could have been the greatest there ever was and I’m happy to have the left handed power hitter batting cleanup.

3B- Sam Tuttle (For Love of The Game): He maybe a little known player, and he and his teammates were no-hit by Billy Chapple. But Tuttle went into that game batting .300 with 39 HR.

RF- Bobby Rayburn (The Fan): The three time MVP is an older version of T-Rex. He is a great hitter, and plays good defense. It’s a bonus having a right fielder that has center field speed.

C- Dottie Hinson (A league of Their Own): Dottie’s baseball IQ is off the charts. She’s an elite defender and has a great arm that would make even the best base stealers think twice about trying to steal, and she knows how to work with and mentor a pitching staff. She is also a fantastic hitter and can hit for power. Her work ethic and leadership ability make her the captain of my squad from day 1.

1B- Lou Collins (Little Big League)
: Lou is a consummate professional and a fan favorite in Minnesota. He can hit for both average and power and is a solid defender. Reminds me of Justin Morneau.

2B- Jamie Weeks (Long Gone): Jamie has great range and is an absolute lockdown defender that will complete a dynamic double play combination with Benny. While Jamie won’t hit for power, he makes good contact and will hit for a good average.

Bench
2B/SS – Mickey Dominguez (Summer Catch): “Domo” plays solid defense and can definitely spell Weeks and Rodriguez to give them a day off once in a while. He also has good speed to serve as a Pinch Runner.

1B- Crash Davis (Bull Durham): Crash isn’t going to catch for me, but is willing to change positions for a permanent spot on a big league roster. There is a lot he can teach the young players and provides pop off the bench from both sides of the plate as a pinch hitter.

OF- Davis Birch (For Love of The Game): Birch was a teammate of Chapple’s before being traded to the Yankees. As a fourth outfielder, Birch will give me good defense as well as a power left handed bat off the bench.

C- Joe Louis Brown (Long Gone): Joe is a big, strong ballplayer who can hit the ball a mile and has a good arm behind the plate. He is a backup/PH option for now till Dottie decides/needs to change positions.

UTL- Don Epps (Numbers): Don was a minor leaguer before joining the FBI. Although he never hit much, Epps was a utility guy who could play just about any position on the field and play it well. It’s never bad having a guy like that on your bench.

Pitching Staff
SP1- Henry Wiggen (Bang the Drum Slowly): A power lefty who can throw multiple breaking pitches as well as go deep into games; who doesn’t want one of those? Capable of winning the Triple Crown every year, he’s also a great teammate and will be one of the leaders on my team.

SP2- Bingo Long (Bingo Long… Motor Kings): Bingo is charismatic, knows how to pitch, and seems to come up big in bigger games. He likes to keep things loose and isn’t afraid of any hitter.

SP3- Kit Keller (A League of Their Own): A #1 Pitcher for two teams in the women’s league, Kit is a power pitcher, has experience pitching at a high level and is capable of pitching deep into games. A great addition to my staff at the #3 spot.

SP4- Ebby Calvin “Nuke” LaLoosh (Bull Durham): Another power pitcher who, once he worked through some control and… personal issues, went on a tear winning games. He still may have some development to do, but he slides in nicely into the four spot of my rotation.

SP5- Ryan Dunne (Summer Catch): You can’t say no to a young, hard throwing lefty that has already developed a good curveball.

LR/SPT- Mickey Tussler (A Mile in His Shoes): It’s hard stepping out of you comfort zone when you’re Autistic, but that’s what Mickey did. The 18 year old left his home to play minor league ball and eventually became his team’s number one pitcher; learning how to throw a knuckleball to go along with a 94MPH fastball.

LHSP- Rigo Sanchez (Trouble with the Curve): You didn’t see Rigo till Mickey Lobel discovered him at the end of the movie. The lefty throws hard and already has a wipeout curve.

RP- Kenny DeNunez (The Sandlot): Kenny has a good fastball and isn’t afraid to show it off… he dominated the little league team when his fellow sandloters took them on.

RP- Jim Bowers (Little Big League): You wouldn’t know it by his antics but, Bowers will inject a veteran presence into a young pen. While he doesn’t throw hard, Bowers locates well and finds ways to get outs.

Setup- Henry Rowengartner (Rookie of the Year): Another young, power arm in my pen. His previous big league experience as a reliever lands him a spot as my setup man.

Closer- Rick “Wild Thing” Vaughn (Major League): Wild Thing consistently hits triple digits on the radar gun and is an intimidator. Who else would you want closing for you?

Front Office/ Coaching Staff
General Manager: Billy Haywood (Little Big League)
Head of Scouting: Mickey Lobel (Trouble with the Curve)
Stats/Sabermetrics: Scott Smalls (The Sandlot)
Manager: Jimmy Dugan (A League of Their Owe)
Bench Coach: Jake Taylor (Major League)
Hitting Coach: Jack Elliot (Mr. Baseball)
Pitching Coach: Billy Chapel (For Love of the Game)
Bullpen Coach: Sam Malone (Cheers)
1B Coach: Lou Brown (Major League)
3B Coach: Cecil “Stud” Cantrell (Long Gone)

Post subject: Re: 25 Man Fictional Baseball Roster
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:23 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Angels
Favorite Japanese title: (Wii) Jikkyou Powerful Major League 2009
I would help if Potsie Weber was in it.
Richie Cunningham wrote:
Potsie started and hit 5 batters in a row and we won because the other team had to forfeit.

Marion Cunningham wrote:
That's great you won the game.

Also, I think this is in the wrong thread, but whatever.

Cleveland Browns : The Race For Last Place
2018 MLBPP Update

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:25 pm 
Designated Poster
Designated Poster

Yeah I wasn't sure where to put this topic.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:15 pm 
AAA Starter
AAA Starter

That's a pretty good list. I like the inclusion of Dunne