Power Pros Forum

A community-run forum for Power Pros
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:18 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

This forum is for discussion of anything EXCEPT MLB Power Pros, if your post does not belong here it will be moved. Thank you.
-->

Post subject: RPG #11!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:16 am 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Rangers
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
Favorite Japanese title: (PS3) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2012
So, I've decided to start another RPG.

"So soon?" you may ask.

Well, yes, this one's a lot different, and I literally just came out of a two-month dark period where I basically didn't write anything, and I think this will be a lot of fun for everyone involved.

Instead of everyone making a character and making their own individual decisions and all the other typical RPG shit, I figured, "why not make this a collaborative effort?"

"Why not follow one character, and poll everyone to make the decisions?"

So, that's what we're going to do.

I'm going to try to be as flexible as possible here, but we have to start off with a bit of background...

Starting now.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Archive:

Decision #1: School - Private School (6-3-1)
Decision #2: Name - Davis/Harris (2-2-1-1-1)
Decision #3: Position - Pitcher (3-1-1-1-1-1)
Decision #4A: Best Friend, Gender - Female (3-2-1)
Decision #4B: Crush, Gender - Female (3-1-1)
Decision #4C: Same person? - Yes (4-1)
Decision #5: Hairstyle - Short/Spiky or Long/Shaggy (2-2-1-1-1)
Decision #6: Breakfast - Eggs (4-0)
Decision #7: Who to approach - Twins (3-1)

Info:

Harris Davis
12 years old (6th grade)
Greenwich Academy

Hobbies:
Baseball (P)
???
???

Goals:
- Make the "A" team as a sixth-grader
- Go to the store

Friends:
Lily (12, Female) -- best friend/crush
Chris Watkins (12, Male) -- ?
Mariah Watkins (12, Female) -- ?

Happiness: 100
Energy: 100
Money: $0

NAPOLI FOR MVP

"All people are good for something. The important thing is finding what." - Tom

post count doesn't matter

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:
i think we banned him cause he was an idiot
glad i never got banned for that

Last edited by AgentP on Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:41 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Post subject: Re: RPG #11!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:17 am 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

The familiar tone of your alarm clock wakes you up this morning, just like it has every morning for the past...

Well, it's been a few days since you got a new favorite song. So it's been about that long.

You are a preteen boy with big dreams. One day, you're going to be one of the best baseball players in the world.

Until then, though, you have to bide your time going to school and doing the normal things that a twelve-year-old might do.

Speaking of school, you've just enrolled for sixth grade, and you're excited to start a new year.

But which school did you enroll in again?

Vote now!

(Note: Votes will be counted in roughly 48 hours, or Sunday morning.)

NAPOLI FOR MVP

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:27 am 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Oh yeah, that's right. Your parents moved you to private school this year. The school's got some fancy-sounding name, Greenwich Academy or something like that.

It's not all bad, as both your best friend and your crush go there. It's unclear as to what gender either of them are, and it's quite possible that they're even the same person. But I suppose we'll find that out later.

Greenwich's baseball team is actually quite good, top of the conference year in and year out, but you're no slouch, and with 100% certainty you have guaranteed that you'll make the cut this year, as a sixth-grader, and on top of that you're aiming not for the C team, not even for the B team, but for the A team. Remember that you're a sixth-grader, competing with kids one and two and sometimes even three years your elder. But hey, ambition's not bad! You've got goals!

(Hey, what was that trumpet sound I just heard? Eh, it's probably nothing significant, not like there's some sort of goal-based reward system in play or anything.)

Speaking of goals, it's another goal of yours (though an informal one, without the trumpet) to make everyone learn your name - for better or for worse. But, uh, what was your name again? I know it's something a bit unusual... Probably some typical white-people shit...

Vote now!

(Note: Votes will be counted in roughly 48 hours, or Tuesday morning.)

NAPOLI FOR MVP

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:50 am 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Oh, yeah, now I remember. You've got 2 names.

Some people call you Davis, others call you Harris, and you don't really seem to care much either way. Some people -- but only certain ones -- can even call you nicknames, like Dave or Harry or something completely different of their own imagination.

Your full legal name, though, is Harris Andrew Davis. You don't much care for having "two last names", so to speak, but you're a pretty easy-going guy, so it's really not that big of a deal.

You have several interesting hobbies, but your favorite has to be baseball. You've been playing since you were three or four years old, though you've played every position at least once. Now that you're in sixth grade, you probably ought to narrow that down and pick a position or two that you'd like to play.

Vote now!

(Note: Votes will be counted in roughly 48 hours, or Thursday morning.)

NAPOLI FOR MVP

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:20 am 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Yeah, that's right. You're the team's star pitcher. You've been all over the diamond, but for now the coach has told you to focus on just pitching. Every once in a while, though, you like to sneak into the infield/outfield drills and take some reps at a variety of positions, just to keep yourself fresh.

In any case, the first day of school is right around the corner, and you figure you better get ready to make some new friends. All you've got right now is your best friend and your crush, and we haven't even established yet who they are!

So, uh, who are they, anyway?

(Note: We have three polls this time, please be sure to vote in each one! Votes will be counted in roughly 48 hours, or Saturday morning!)

Vote now!
Vote now!
Vote now!

(Another note: I've edited the original post to include the following "info sheet" for Harris, which I'll continue to update throughout our adventure!)

Harris Davis
12 years old (6th grade)
Greenwich Academy

Hobbies:
Baseball (P)
???
???

Goals:
- Make the "A" team as a sixth-grader

Friends:
???
???

Happiness: 100
Energy: 100
Money: $0

NAPOLI FOR MVP

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:37 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Ah, that's right. Your crush is your best friend.

Her name is Lily, and she's the same age as you -- actually, just a day older. You've been friends since day one (of second grade), but it's only recently that you've started to have feelings for her. She is pretty cute (lmao like I would know), with fair hair and jade-green eyes. She loves going to the movies, playing and watching sports, and just hanging out. She's an inch taller than you, though you two tend to go back and forth fighting over who's actually taller.

I'd hope you're going to make some new friends on Monday.

Which is tomorrow.

You'd better get some rest.

NAPOLI FOR MVP

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:44 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

That same damn song wakes you up on Monday morning at six o'clock sharp. You've just gotten ten hours of sleep -- somehow you went to bed at eight P.M. last night??? I dunno. You're kinda weird. Anyways, it's the first day of school, and you better get dressed.

You don't really have a choice here, the school requires uniforms, so you put on the required white polo, khaki shorts, and belt, and even spend a little time on your hair! You typically wear your hair the same way, and you've decided not to tempt fate on the first day and to just stick with what you know.

So, uh, what is your hairstyle again?

Vote now!

NAPOLI FOR MVP

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:26 am 
Benchwarmer
Benchwarmer

Favorite Team: Reds
I like this. Nice.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:45 am 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

austin101123 wrote:
I like this. Nice.

Thanks! I'm enjoying writing it so far, I've basically just been improvising every update as I look at the results which is an interesting change-of-pace from my usual, methodical writing style. :)

NAPOLI FOR MVP

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:04 am 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Poll

Giving y'all another chance to vote, since it's all tied up right now...

I'll count the votes at some point later today (Monday), probably in the afternoon once I'm done with all my classes, and write the update then

NAPOLI FOR MVP

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:37 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

So, it turns out you kinda have two hairstyles. When your hair's short, you like to spike it up a bit, to give it some style; but when it starts to grow long, you usually just let it do its thing.

Since it's still technically summer, and you got your hair cut short for the warm weather, you've spiked it up once again this morning. Your kid brother, who seems to really look up to you, is also in the bathroom getting ready, and he tells you he wants his hair spiky just like yours. You, of course, oblige and help him spike his hair up.

Once you've finished doing that, you head down to the kitchen, where you are told to fix your own breakfast -- your dad's already left for work, and your mom's still dead, and your brother's, like, seven? He's not going to be of much help.

You're faced with several options: a bowl of dry cereal (you're out of milk), a couple of frozen waffles, bacon and eggs (hold the bacon), or skipping breakfast and just drinking some coffee to get yourself going. I suppose you could also just not eat anything at all, but that seems like it'd be a terrible decision.

Vote now!

(Note: Votes will be counted in roughly 48 hours, or Wednesday afternoon.)

NAPOLI FOR MVP

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:58 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

You settle for eggs, and your brother decides to have cereal -- Frosted Flakes, his favorite -- so you also pour him a bowl of those. To drink, all you have is tap water, so I guess you have that? You really need to go to the store...

(i think you have a new goal!)

Anyways, after eating and brushing your teeth, you and your brother head out to the bus stop. The bus comes by twice every morning -- once at 6:55, and another time at 7:25 -- but the late bus driver really hates you for some reason, so you'd rather not have to take it. (You also run a high risk of being late to school, which starts at 7:45, depending on whether or not the other kids along the way take a long time.)

It's 6:52, so you're probably good, and sure enough, the early bus pulls up right on time, and you and your brother hop on. The driver greets you both with smiles.

Along the way, your brother just can't seem to stop talking about how excited he is for school. He loves learning about science and math and reading and writing and--

You kinda wish he'd shut up so you could talk to your friends, but you do quite like talking to your brother. The passion in his voice when he talks, the soprano squeals of excitement, the way he can listen so well at such a young age... You let him continue on.

When you finally arrive at school, the two of you part ways.

"Bye! Have a great day!" you tell your brother, sending him off with a pat on the back.
"See ya later, bro!" he calls to you as he runs out to the playground. Somehow he's already made three friends by the time you reach the door.

You pull out your phone to check your schedule. At 8:45, you're supposed to be in Mr. Millwood's homeroom class, in room 334. Apparently you and Lily have the same homeroom, and have five more classes together, which is awesome. For now, though, it's only 7:10, and you figure you might as well head to homeroom early and see if anyone else is there.

When you walk in, there are four other people in the room.

One is an older man, who you presume to be Mr. Millwood. He looks to be in his mid-thirties, and has a very athletic-looking build. His face looks kinda familiar, like you've seen him on TV before... Oh, and he's wearing a T-shirt and jeans, and he seems to give off the impression that he doesn't really care what you think about that. He's currently staring down a Sudoku puzzle, of the easy variety.

One is a younger boy, who looks to be several years younger than you. You figure maybe this is Mr. Millwood's kid? He's got spiky blonde hair and blue eyes and he's just kinda laying on the floor.

The other two are kids your age -- a boy and a girl, who look to be twins. They both have dark hair and eyes, and they're both wearing striped T-shirts and jeans. They're in the middle of an animated conversation. They're also the first non-white people you've seen since arriving on campus, as they're both black.

So, uh... What's the plan of action here?

Vote now!

(Note: Votes will be counted in roughly 48 hours, or Friday night.)

NAPOLI FOR MVP

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:59 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

You decide to go talk to the boy and girl talking on the opposite side of the room. They introduce themselves as Chris and Mariah Watkins, and they are, as you had guessed, twin brother and sister.

You quickly bond over sports, as Chris is on both the football and basketball teams here at Greenwich, and Mariah plays basketball and runs track. You tell them that you're planning on joining the baseball team, but were unsure if you wanted to try out for any other teams. Chris immediately begins trying to convince you to play either football or basketball (Greenwich students are limited to a maximum of two sports per year).

You continue to run through your options in your head...

Vote now!

(Note: Votes will be counted in roughly 48 hours, or Sunday night.)

NAPOLI FOR MVP

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:35 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

yeah so,

surprise!! I'm killing this log lmao

honestly it was fun for a while but I always go through phases where I don't feel like writing, and this is one of those, and it's just not been very fun to write the last few updates -- so consider this another dead log from ya boy agentp

tbh I want to start more writing projects because I always find them fun, but keeping them going is the hard part for me since I always lose motivation / focus it too much on myself and my characters and that's not the point with an interactive thing like an RPG

so, with that said, stay tuned for the next shitty agentp project, coming soon??? idk

NAPOLI FOR MVP

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote: