Power Pros Forum

A community-run forum for Power Pros
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

This forum is for discussion of anything EXCEPT MLB Power Pros, if your post does not belong here it will be moved. Thank you.
-->

Are you excited for this?
Heck yeah! 78%  78%  [ 7 ]
No... 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 22%  22%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 9
 Post subject: RPG #12!
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:52 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Rangers
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
Favorite Japanese title: (PS3) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2012
iiiiiiiiiit's that time again.......

As many of you probably remember, I've been one of the premier log creators around these parts for a while. However, I've consistently struggled to stay dedicated to those projects, and many of them have died off after a few updates. I've run a number of RPGs in the forum's ongoing series: RPG #4, which lasted 18 pages before going "on hiatus"; RPG #5!, which lasted 8 pages before I got caught up in another log; RPG #8, which lasted 8 pages before quitting; RPG #10!, which lasted a record-breaking 26 pages (and 11 months!) before I "took a break"; and RPG #11!, which lasted all of 8 updates before I brutally murdered it because it sucked.

So anyway here's another one. I'm really hoping to keep this going and get people involved, and I think this could possibly bring some interest back to the forums if I'm able to pull it off.

A few notes before applications start: I'm going to be starting every character at the same age. You will all be rising seventh-graders and the RPG will start during the summer leading into your seventh-grade year. The storyline will revolve around a middle-school baseball team in a fictional town, although I will also allow you to choose other hobbies and interests that will play in to the story as well. Your character is not required to play on the team, though I would certainly prefer that you were at least involved in some capacity (student manager, friend of a player, fan/spectator, etc.) but that is also not required.

To apply please send me a private message with the following:

Name:
Birthday:
Family status (parents, siblings, etc.):
Socioeconomic status (rich, middle-class, poor, etc.):
Birthplace (Put none if you want your character to be a native of the town):

Favourite Number(s):
Favourite Colour(s):
Favourite Book(s) or Series:
Favourite Movie(s):
Favourite TV Show(s):
Favourite Music (genre, artist, band, album, song, etc.):

From the following choose 2 positions, 2 strengths, and 1 weakness:

Positions -- Pitcher, Catcher, First Base, Second Base, Third Base, Shortstop, Left Field, Center Field, Right Field, Utility Infield*, Utility Outfield* (If you choose Utility Infield/Outfield your stats will be slightly downgraded but you will be able to play every position as well as another choice [and yes you could be a UTIL INF/OF])
Strengths -- Bat Control, Gap Power, Home Run Power, Speed, Agility/Quickness, Fundamentals, Patient Hitter, Velocity/Arm Strength, Accuracy/Control, Endurance, Offspeed
Weaknesses -- Strikeout Machine, Slap Hitter, Lead Feet, Poor IQ, Error Prone, Slowball, Wild, High Fatigue, No Offspeed

Also choose what handedness your character will be (batting and throwing)!

From the following lists choose up to 3 from each:

Sports (Play/Manage) -- Baseball, Football, Basketball, Soccer, Track and Field, Cross Country, Volleyball, Golf, Tennis
Clubs -- Chess Club, Science Club, Cooking Club, Language Club, Music Club, Art Club, Politics Club, GSA (Gender + Sexuality Alliance)
Musical -- Singing, Rapping, Guitar, Bass, Ukulele, Piano, Drums

From the following lists choose 1-2 of each (total max of 3):

Elective Classes -- Art, Choir, Theatre, Digital Media, Band, Orchestra
Foreign Languages -- Spanish, French, German, Chinese, Japanese, Latin

My hope is to start within the next week, but I do want to give at least a couple days to send in applications. However, as I receive applications, I may begin writing/posting updates to introduce each character before we really get "started". Thanks everyone!

NAPOLI FOR MVP

"All people are good for something. The important thing is finding what." - Tom

post count doesn't matter

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:
i think we banned him cause he was an idiot
glad i never got banned for that

Post subject: Re: RPG #12!
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:54 am 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Note: Applications are still open! I will be introducing each character as I review applications.

As the sun rose on the small town of Sedona, Washington, a father and his son sat outside, sharing a cigarette and watching the sky change colour.

Alois Laury didn’t really care that his son was smoking at age 12. His philosophy was that as long as he was smart about it, and did it in moderation, he wouldn’t punish young Casper for anything he might partake in. That went for alcohol and drugs and dating and anything else that might be running through a 12-year-old’s mind.

Casper was one of the tallest and most physically mature kids in his grade. He came off as a bit of a jerk, but deep down was really quite a sweet and compassionate kid, just one who had gone through a lot of difficult life experiences in his young life.

Casper had never known his mother. She and Alois had a one-night stand back in college, and she had gotten pregnant nine months later and delivered a healthy baby boy. She had named him Casper, and given him his father’s last name. And then she dropped him off on Alois’s doorstep and disappeared without a trace. She had been presumed dead for the last nine years of Casper’s life.

Casper had also grown up in poverty, with Alois floating in and out of unemployment, occasionally picking up an odd job here or there for a couple of weeks before he fell sick or got injured or just didn’t feel like showing up anymore. All of Casper’s clothes came from Goodwill, and to escape the troubled household, Casper had taken up a multitude of hobbies to keep himself busy. He was a highly regarded pitcher, a competitive swimmer, a point forward in basketball, a chess master, a political junkie, a philosophy nerd, and a multi-talented musician, able to sing and play five instruments (guitar, bass, ukulele, piano, and drums). He was also learning three languages at the same time.

As the cathedral clock rang out seven bells, Casper headed back inside and got ready to start his first day of junior high.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BYhw3L1nJ5j/

NAPOLI FOR MVP

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:32 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Note: Applications will be closing Monday, Sep. 4, at midnight! Applications sent after this deadline will still be reviewed but your character may not appear until the next season (should we make it that far).

Across town, a boy by the name of Nikolas Pappas was also getting ready to start his day. His father had already left for Seattle, where he was the city’s most famous chef, running a world-renowned Greek restaurant near Safeco Field. He made this two-hour trek every day of the week, and very rarely got to spend time with his kids, Nikolas and his 16-year-old daughter Celena.

His mother, on the other hand, was a professor at Grays Harbor College, just a few miles away in the city of Aberdeen. She taught both religion and history courses at the community college, and was highly thought of by her peers and students. All things considered, Nikolas and his family were able to live a pretty good life.

Nikolas was a sports enthusiast, playing baseball, basketball, and soccer and often passing time watching sports as well. He also loved watching Regular Show, and listened to a lot of hip-hop and EDM. He was also interested in cooking (naturally) and both traditional and digital art, and was working on learning Spanish. He was also fluent in both Greek and English, by way of growing up in Athens and spending the first six years of his life there.

Nikolas was short and lean, with olive skin, brown eyes, and brown hair, which he wore in a bowl cut. He was also one of the first kids in his grade to get braces, and the combination of that and his childish-looking hairstyle often got him teased in the hallways. All things aside, though, Nikolas was well respected for his friendly charm and his abilities on the baseball diamond. Sedona took its baseball very seriously, and Nikolas had starred for its Little League team, batting .380 in his sixth-grade year while pitching in 9 games with a 2.25 ERA. That said, his small frame didn’t allow him much power, and Nikolas had actually never hit a home run in his baseball career.

As the school bus pulled around the corner, Nikolas laced up his Oxfords, slung his backpack over his shoulder, and stepped out into the fresh summer air.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BYjAmjGnOAR/

NAPOLI FOR MVP

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:05 am 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Damon Larson started every day with a bowl of Frosted Flakes and an apple. It had been his morning routine for the better part of five years, and he didn’t intend to change anything now that he was moving into middle school.

He woke up at seven o’clock sharp and quickly got dressed, putting on a black Radiohead T-shirt and white basketball shorts. He intended to wear his green Air Jordans with the outfit, but went downstairs to the kitchen in his socks. His sister Danielle was already downstairs, sending Snapchats to her friends as she waited for Mr. Larson to take her to school.

Danielle was a sophomore at Sedona High, but Damon was three years younger, a seventh-grader at Sedona Jr. High. Nonetheless, it was Damon who received all the fanfare — mostly because he played baseball, the town’s favourite sport. Damon was also a cross-country runner, but on the baseball field he was a solid pitcher and occasional left fielder whose biggest weakness was his lack of an offspeed pitch — something that didn’t plague him too much against the young competition. He had flirted around with a knuckleball for years, playing catch with his dad in the yard, but could never seem to gain enough confidence to actually use it in games.

Damon was also a bit of a social pariah. He had always felt a bit out of place, and really hadn’t been able to find any good friends growing up. Damon’s interests ranged from the ordinary, like art, cooking, and music, to the extraordinary, like his unusual interest in the macabre and the fact that he had watched Twin Peaks front to back a total of five times.

He hoped that perhaps, this year would be the year when he finally could fit in.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BYnBufvHQdn/

NAPOLI FOR MVP

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:16 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

“Hey! There’s our favourite weirdo!”

P.K. Barnett was used to this routine by now. Everybody called him a weirdo around school — even his friends.

They weren’t without their reasons. P.K. had grey eyes. That was weird. He was a left-handed catcher. That was weird. He still watched Dragon Ball Z. That was weird — okay, maybe not so weird, since he’d actually gotten half the school hooked on watching it again.

More importantly, there were two challenges P.K. would never back down from: a foot race and a rap battle. He firmly believed he could beat anyone — certainly at school — in either of these, and hoped every day that he would get his chance to shine. Only a few times had he actually been challenged to a race; each time he had won. Some poor kid in fifth grade had challenged him to a rap battle but quit immediately after hearing P.K.’s first line.

Overall, though, P.K. was a pretty cool dude. He had plenty of friends, though he wouldn’t have considered himself one of the popular kids. He liked sports and music — the usuals — and was also really interested in politics — another thing that made him “weird”.

P.K. approached his group of friends. He had a “secret handshake” for each of them. They were all the same. He was just weird like that.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BYuW-Z8HQPR

NAPOLI FOR MVP

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:21 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Update:

Really sorry I haven't been better about getting these updates out. A lot of things have come up in the past week (namely, baseball practices and our first tournament this weekend) so I've been busy trying to get ahead on homework and obviously getting to those practices and such. I promise this isn't dead or anything, but it may be a while before I'm able to get these intros knocked out because of that. Thanks so much for your patience!

NAPOLI FOR MVP

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:45 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Yeah ok sorry I don't think this is gonna happen :/// Sorry for being a huge piece of shit who can't keep anything going

NAPOLI FOR MVP

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:15 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Athletics