Power Pros Forum

A community-run forum for Power Pros
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

This forum is for discussion of anything EXCEPT MLB Power Pros, if your post does not belong here it will be moved. Thank you.
-->

Post subject: Graphic artists wanted
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:07 pm 
Designated Poster
Designated Poster

Favorite Team: Yankees
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
Favorite Japanese title: Don't Own
Does anyone do or know someone that can do high quality graphic arts?
As most of you all know I have written and independently published two novels. I recently had some other independent authors take a look at my works and one of their biggest issues was my book covers. I was told they looked "amateurish." No kidding... I have no artistic skill.
What I'm looking to have done is to completely recreate both of my covers and have them look like someone who actually knew what they were doing created them. I have also started writing my 3rd book and will also need help with that as well; that is once I come up with an actual title.
Also if anyone knows someone that can edit as well because, yeah, I'm a horrible speller and have a less than adequate (Had to look up proper spelling of that word :oops: ) grasp of the English language.
I'd be happy to pay whoever can help, though I can't promise it'll be much.
Any help you can all offer would be greatly appreciated.

Post subject: Re: Graphic artists wanted
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:51 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Rangers
Favorite Japanese title: (PS3) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2012
Hey Scott!

My motivation tends to come and go but, I'd definitely be willing to take a stab at both the design and editing! I took four years of digital media class in high school and I have a copy of Photoshop (along with the rest of creative cloud if necessary) available on my laptop. I'd like to think my skills are pretty solid but there are definitely some areas that I need to improve on (namely, cutouts of people, which is probably my biggest challenge). If you have an idea of what you'd like for the covers I can definitely get to work on that!

As far as editing, I'm what the kids call a nerd 8) Seriously though, I'm generally pretty good at picking up on grammar and punctuation mistakes, and I'm a former spelling bee champion, so those just come easy to me lol. I'm willing to take a stab at that as well, though of course I can't make any guarantees for speed as I've already got a lot on my plate but I certainly would love to help out! I also worked with JP (detroittigers15) a couple years ago on some projects of mine, and he's an awesome editor, but I don't want to speak for him as far as his ability to handle a project of this size.

I'd love to talk more if you'd like my help! (Feel free to PM me for further details!) Thanks!

NAPOLI FOR MVP

"All people are good for something. The important thing is finding what." - Tom

post count doesn't matter

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:
i think we banned him cause he was an idiot
glad i never got banned for that

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:48 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Cubs
Oooh, OK, I have a couple of artist friends who do really good commissioned work, and they could be a good fit for you depending on how much you're willing to pay, the art style you want, subject matter, etc. Let me know if you're interested and I'll PM you their info!

As for editing, well, I'm pretty similar to Agent here :P . I'm not really qualified to do anything professionally, but I've done editing for friends on personal projects and I'm a certified grammar nazi, so if you want a bit of amateur help, I'm available ^_^

"Just because something's impossible doesn't mean it can't be done." - Medley
"Look Beyond The F*** It™" - Benjamin Zander
"Potatoes are wannabe vegetables!" - Leila Takagi

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:45 pm 
Designated Poster
Designated Poster

Favorite Team: Yankees
Agent and Zumi,
I'm definitely interested in getting both of you all to help me out. Zumi, if you would PM me your friends information I'll go ahead and reach out to them and see what they can do for me. Agent P, I have a feeling these guys are going to be a little to exotically priced for me(I'am currently a 99%er and all), so I'd like to work with you on a cover design as well. I have a couple ideas of what I'd like the new covers to look like and would be glad to discuss that with you; I can PM you or I can give you my email address and we can correspond back and forth that way. Also, if it helps you come up with any ideas, I can give you a more in-depth synopses of what the book is about... same applies for your contacts as well, Zumi.

As for editing, I may have gotten lucky there. I ran into someone who claims to know several professional editors, so I'm going to hold off on that for now and keep my fingers crossed.

Thanks for the help, fellas.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:28 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Rangers
Favorite Japanese title: (PS3) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2012
scott0530 wrote:
Agent and Zumi,
I'm definitely interested in getting both of you all to help me out. Zumi, if you would PM me your friends information I'll go ahead and reach out to them and see what they can do for me. Agent P, I have a feeling these guys are going to be a little to exotically priced for me(I'am currently a 99%er and all), so I'd like to work with you on a cover design as well. I have a couple ideas of what I'd like the new covers to look like and would be glad to discuss that with you; I can PM you or I can give you my email address and we can correspond back and forth that way. Also, if it helps you come up with any ideas, I can give you a more in-depth synopses of what the book is about... same applies for your contacts as well, Zumi.

As for editing, I may have gotten lucky there. I ran into someone who claims to know several professional editors, so I'm going to hold off on that for now and keep my fingers crossed.

Thanks for the help, fellas.

Whatever works best for you (PM or email)!

NAPOLI FOR MVP

"All people are good for something. The important thing is finding what." - Tom

post count doesn't matter

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:
i think we banned him cause he was an idiot
glad i never got banned for that