Power Pros Forum

A community-run forum for Power Pros
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:17 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

This forum is for discussion of anything EXCEPT MLB Power Pros, if your post does not belong here it will be moved. Thank you.
-->

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 211 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next
 Post subject: Hello, welcome to the forums. NEW MEMBERS PLEASE READ THIS!
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:23 am 
Community Manager
Community Manager

Favorite Team: Tigers
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
Favorite Japanese title: (Wii) Jikkyou Powerful Major League 2009
(Updated 1/15/2016)

Hi, I'm dishnetkid, this forum's community manager (as of July 2012 or so), and welcome to the MLB Power Pros Forum. This is a site where anyone can talk about the Nintendo Wii, Nintendo DS, and PS2 game MLB Power Pros, the sequel, MLB Power Pros 2008, and any of the Japanese NPB iterations of the series.

There's a lot of stuff to do here, but the first thing you'll see is the Off-topic section. This is where you talk about anything that's going on in sports, TV, and other stuff. You can also make suggestions in the suggestion box to try to improve the website to make it more enjoyable for you.

There's also a community run wiki at this site. This is where you can find more information on Success mode and MLB Life Mode, and check out some of the members' created players. This is a sort of extension to this website.

A new section added in late May of 2013 is the Sports section, with subforums on baseball, football, basketball, and other sports. This is where you can discuss real life sports, ranging from backyard sports to the pros.

Scrolling down, you will notice our MLB Power Pros 2008 section. There are 6 categories. First is General Discussion, where people can talk about the game in general. Next is Season Mode, where you can talk about the teams you created in Season mode, and even do a log on them for everybody to see and comment on. Next is the Success Mode section, where people can talk about general things about this years' success mode. Then you find the My Life section, where you can talk about the many different aspects of the My Life mode, like making the best player from scratch and more. Then you find our Password Exchange and Password Request section. In the PW exchange section, you can post your created players from Success Mod or My Life for everyone to use freely. The PW request section is for letting the users on this forum make somebody for you, but before you do that, you have to read the rules.

In the MLB Power Pros 2007 section, it's almost the same thing, minus the My Life mode.

Last, we have the Jikkyo Powerful Pro Yakyuu section, which has since been re-developed to accommodate the new-found interest in the Japanese games. There are 3 sections: The standard Pawapuro (J) section is basically the general discussion topic of all the Japanese games, more preferably the 2011 and 2012 versions. Also in that section, you can read the highly acclaimed "Kyoto Knights" and "Hanshin Tigers" logs by Powerprosfan31. The two new sections are the Pawapuro Password Exchange and the Pawapuro Season/Success Mode sections. They both function the same way as their counterparts in MLBPP 07 and 08, but the Season and Success Modes are merged together.

If you have any questions about this forum, please PM Dark Shade, the administrator, MaxDSterling, and myself for more information by searching for them in the members section, and clicking the pm button. You can also ask around the forum; we can surely help you out.

-------IMPORTANT NOTE!!!!!-------
We do ask that you have fun on this forum, but there are things that you should know. Think of it as Forum Etiquette:

-DO NOT double post on topics, unless you are running a season log, which in this case, is acceptable.
-DO NOT bump dead topics. Dead topics are topics in forums that haven't been posted on in a long time (1 month - 3 years+). This is also generally frowned upon in this community.
-DO NOT make posts that contain just one word, or just one smiley, like this:
Quote:
:)
or
Quote:
cool.
In its place, we ask that you make meaningful posts to this forum, posts that contain more than 2 or 3 words, and/or more than 15 characters.
-POST COUNT DOES NOT MATTER. Same goes for the rank below the baseballs on the left side of your posts in the forum. Just because we have some people that have been here a long time with a large number of posts, does not mean that new members need to reach that level in the first month they're here. This note does not intend to discourage posting, but to discourage excessive amounts of posts from a member that only serves to boost their post count.
-DO NOT post pictures in the forum's chatroom. Just because you *can* post pictures in the chat, doesn't mean you *should*. Plus, the pictures are very unsightly when viewed in chat, usually taking up a horrendous amount of space in the live feed and the archive. So, please refrain from posting pictures in the chatroom. If you do want to post a picture, share the link without the [img] tags, and not the actual picture.

We have also implemented new rules regarding certain behavior on the forum, and how the suspension/ban system will work now. Read this to learn more about it.

Have fun, and.......LET'S PLAY BALL!!!!

-dishnetkid and the rest of the MLB Power Pros forum members.

"Another year older, another year better at Power Pros!" -Me
"Best way to get laid: Tell her you're the community manager of a baseball video game forum." -SkittleMonster
"The Chronicles of Dish's Love Life. I'd read it." -BrewersFuzz
"Find a way to be alone in a baseball stadium at sunrise, when the only sound you hear are about nine birds that got lost, and found themselves in a stadium, and they’re chirping across the grandstand trying to figure out where the *(censored)* they ended up." -Dan Besbris

Twitter: @robtoml_statman

Last edited by dishnet34 on Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Hello, welcome to the forums. NEW MEMBERS PLEASE READ THIS!
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:47 am 
Intimidator
Intimidator

Favorite Team: Rays
Hey this was nice to do, lets just hope we get new members for the impending Spring Training.

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3276

It's going to be great!!!

Time to stop the spam!!!

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3294

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:37 am 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Giants
Favorite Japanese title: (DS) Nettou! Powerful Koushien
dishnetkid wrote:
Hi, I'm dishnetkid, and welcome to the MLB Power Pros Forum. This is a site where anyone can talk about the Nintendo Wii, Nintendo DS, and PS2 game MLB Power Pros and the sequels: MLB Power Pros 2008, and coming soon (hopefully) MLB Power Pros 2009.

There's a lot of stuff to do here, but the first thing you'll see is the Off-topic section. This is where you talk about anything that's going on in sports, TV, and other stuff. You can also make suggestions in the suggestion box to try to improve the website to make it more enjoyable for you.

There's also a community run wiki at this site. This is where you can find more information on Success mode and MLB Life Mode, and check out some of the members' created players. This is a sort of extension to this website.

Scrolling down, you will notice our MLB Power Pros 2008 section. There are 6 categories. First is General Discussion, where people can talk about the game in general. Next is Season Mode, where you can talk about the teams you created in Season mode, and even do a log on them for everybody to see and comment on. Next is the Success Mode section, where people can talk about general things about this years' success mode. Then you find the My Life section, where you can talk about the many different aspects of the My Life mode, like making the best player from scratch and more. Then you find our Password Exchange and Password Request section. In the PW exchange section, you can post your created players from Success Mod or My Life for everyone to use freely. The PW request section is for letting the users on this forum make somebody for you, but before you do that, you have to read the rules.

In the MLB Power Pros 2007 section, it's almost the same thing, minus the My Life mode. If you have any questions for this forum, please PM Dark Shade, the administrator, MaxDSterling, Marvin Card, Wyl, and odawali for more information by searching for them in the members section, and clicking the pm button.

Have fun, and.......LET'S PLAY BALL!!!!

-dishnetkid and the rest of the MLB Power Pros forum members.

Also, make sure you read the rules, such as 1 password request at a time, and no cussing and the like (1 guy got kicked out for that, so it's a big no-no! :lol: )

By the way, many of you may be wondering what these "logs" are for.
These are basically stories of users' season teams (many of them expansion teams), and tracks their progress, usually on a weekly or monthly basis (in the game). There was a huge boom of logs a few months back, but they all pretty much died out. Now they're back again, and better than ever.

Also, some teams (such as the Hawaii Islanders, whose team is made by me, Apple4960, and Longball714, with one player provided by dishnetkid.) are made up of players created in Success Mode These are called arrange teams, and you might see a few of them on here as well.
Anyways, if you guys have any questions, PM me, and I'll get back to ya.
Plus, I'll do many of your player requests. :mrgreen:

"I accept that other people have different preferences. Even when those preferences include facial tattoos and stretch pants constructed from sufficient material to shelter a small village. And their livestock. Some men enjoy dancing with other men without their tops on while others prefer the company of a woman two KFC family buckets away from upsetting the planet's rotational axis."
-David Thorne

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:03 am 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Pirates
Console '08: Wii and DS
Hi, I'm Apple4960! I'm helping Stevenjackson39 and Longball714 on an Arrange team! The other two people took what I wanted to say right out of my mouth, so I'll just add this. For any of you who have questions on the 2007 or 2008 version of the game, I'm here. I'll try to answer any of your questions to the best of my ability. Like Stevenjackson, I will do player requests, but I take a longer time on them.

Also, I love rhetorical questions and I don't have a life. 8) :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:12 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Phillies
Hi, i'm catcher51. I'm fairly active on the forums, so if you ahve a question, your welcome to PM me about it.

Mike
He's a real player that DrMario made for me.

This is my friend's forum from school.
http://jplaz.com/ I'm catcher51 there, too.

R.I.P. Harry Kalas 1936-2009 "It's outta here!"
R.I.P Jim Johnson 1941-2009 Blitz (need i say more?)

"I'm a dishonest man, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you have to watch out for. Because you never know when they're going to do something stupid."
Jack Sparrow
. Pirates of the Caribbean and the Curse of the Black Pearl.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:33 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Mets
Console '07: Wii and PS2
Console '08: Wii and PS2
Nice to meet all of you!
I'm Zero, cuz I like the ultimate 1st year pitcher in the '07 success mode
Pretty much like Stevenjackson, apple and longball, I create players, but not in success, I create them through MLB life mode ('08), though I haven't posted my passwords but I like the life mode better than success
Why? Cause it's long termed, although some abilities can't be gained from life, we play the match more and from there we're determined to get the abilities we wanted
Hey, any questions welcome, and have a nice time here!!

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has it's own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of the mystery everyday. Never lose a holy curiousity
-Albert Einstein

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:42 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Diamondbacks
I'm randyjohnson51, i've been on this message board before almost all of you.

D. 1997

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:25 pm 
Community Manager
Community Manager

Favorite Team: Tigers
randyjohnson51 wrote:
I'm randyjohnson51, i've been on this message board before almost all of you.

I bet you haaaaaaaaaaave.....Man, don't be mean to the newbies!

"Another year older, another year better at Power Pros!" -Me
"Best way to get laid: Tell her you're the community manager of a baseball video game forum." -SkittleMonster
"The Chronicles of Dish's Love Life. I'd read it." -BrewersFuzz
"Find a way to be alone in a baseball stadium at sunrise, when the only sound you hear are about nine birds that got lost, and found themselves in a stadium, and they’re chirping across the grandstand trying to figure out where the *(censored)* they ended up." -Dan Besbris

Twitter: @robtoml_statman

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:41 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

Favorite Team: Red Sox
Hehe. Good one.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:56 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Braves
Console '08: Sony PS2
I'm chee 2424 and I'm also here to lend assistance to those who play both the american and japanese power pros. I'm very opinionated and if I can't help you I know who will.

http://www.mlbppworld.com/wiki/index.php?title=Columbia_Dragons

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:06 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Astros
Hi, I'm lanceberkman ex-top poster(darn sjax :lol: ) and I can help you with '07 success mode(because that's all I ever do anymore) and I'm one of the few people here that doesn't save/reload. :)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:44 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Hi I'm Redsoxman41. I'm good friends with Apple4960 and currently working on an '08 team that will hopefully (but probaly won't) beat his team. Of course my '07 would beat his. :twisted:

Also i like playing soccer, baseball, and basketball

Joakim Bumatay-(LF)
User: Redsoxman53

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:50 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Do you mean friends with him out of forums or in the forums(this is probably a stupid question)

And anyways, welcome, I'm jacobye46 and I'm a huge red sox fan as just about everyone on the board had figured out

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:27 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Pirates
jacobye46 wrote:
Do you mean friends with him out of forums or in the forums(this is probably a stupid question)

And anyways, welcome, I'm jacobye46 and I'm a huge red sox fan as just about everyone on the board had figured out

Yeah, we know each other. I got him in to PP when he played me in a game and beat me 9-0 before he had ever played it previously. :lol:

Again, hi! You should see my above post. I know many things nobody else cares about. That's why I have so many friends! Let's count them:
Redsoxman53

This is hard! :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:09 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Cubs
Console '07: Sony PS2
Console '08: Sony PS2
Favorite Japanese title: Don't Own
Hi, I'm RobDiesel61, I saw the forum where that guy was banned, I knew that when I joined, I would promise never to be like him

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 211 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next