Power Pros Forum

A community-run forum for Power Pros
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

This forum is for discussion of anything EXCEPT MLB Power Pros, if your post does not belong here it will be moved. Thank you.
-->

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1761 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118  Next

Would you write or read a school log?
Yes 61%  61%  [ 27 ]
No 39%  39%  [ 17 ]
Total votes : 44
 Post subject: Re: How is school?
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:37 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Phillies
Console '07: Don't Own
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
Favorite Japanese title: (Vita) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2012
I made Dean's List for the fall semester, I have no idea how..

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:21 am 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Rangers
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Favorite Japanese title: (PS3) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2012
philliesfan134 wrote:
I made Dean's List for the fall semester, I have no idea how..

whoawhoa congrats dude, that's awesome!

still killin' it in music theory and creative writing, and i've basically stopped going to psych and accounting at this point because they're mostly pointless, so i guess that's good ?

i also got hurt playing basketball the other day, so i'm out of action baseball-wise for at least a little while. i think i just sprained my thumb (pitching hand) but i also did something to my foot and it doesn't feel good (i think i maybe pulled/stretched something? idk). probably going to go to the doctor/health center sometime in the near future if i don't miraculously heal

NAPOLI FOR MVP

"All people are good for something. The important thing is finding what." - Tom

post count doesn't matter

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:
i think we banned him cause he was an idiot
glad i never got banned for that

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:18 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

[[update]]

foot thing kept me out 2 weeks but I'm going back to practice tonight, hopefully that goes well!

also I'm failing both psych and accounting because I had exams last week and got a 57 and 55, respectively,,, hopefully I do better on the next exams and shit but I'm not too optimistic

[[update 2]]

practice was okay. I seemed ridiculously rusty for having missed only 2 practices, the coach literally told me I was wasting his time by hitting (this is the first time he's seen me hit, ever) and my two-seam fastball was moving like a four-seam,,, but my defense was on point, I made several slick plays in left field, including a great throw to home, and a nice play on the mound; my curveball was moving a lot and in really weird way so I gotta try to figure that out

but yeah,, peace and love my dudes

NAPOLI FOR MVP

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:55 am 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Blue Jays
Favorite Japanese title: Don't Own
>doesnt go to accounting
>bad marks in accounting

glad to hear baseball is going well same goes here.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:11 am 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Prediction wrote:
>doesnt go to accounting
>bad marks in accounting

glad to hear baseball is going well same goes here.

please Shut Up with your logic and common sense

[although, I got +3 on my accounting grade from a correction, but I also apparently missed an attendance day so I'm at a 52.7 in the class ...]

I'm gonna try to start going though, it's not too terrible of a class, I just really hate going into the business school (the whole atmosphere is so business-y and pretentious and I just hate everything about it) but I can deal

NAPOLI FOR MVP

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:24 am 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

an Update since it's spring break

Creative Writing (A+) -- I have a 101% in the class ,,,, this is a really fun class! I can feel myself becoming a better and more versatile writer (esp. since we did a whole unit on poetry haha)

Music Theory (A-) -- missed a quiz (overslept) and 2 homework assignments (printers *(censored)* up and I couldn't print off the assignment, much less do it), but I should be able to get back to an A fairly easily. got a paper thingy due in a week or so that I haven't even started (it's a concert review, so I have to go to a concert,,,, oops) but whatever

Coaching of Baseball (A+) -- we have had 2 class meetings. coach lectured us about motivation, then on Thursday we literally just did infield drills in the beautiful 65-degree sun for an hour and a half or whatever. I love this class

Psychology (C+) -- found out I'm actually not failing !! because the lowest exam score gets automatically dropped :))

Accounting (F) -- however I am still failing this class, we haven't had any other grades besides the 1 exam and 1 attendance day (which I skipped because I'm a dumb idiot who doesn't care about his future)

baseball's still going really well, I'm definitely getting better pitching and in the outfield, though Coach isn't letting me hit for some reason so I'm just playing defense for now ?? it's whatever. the team (minus me and a few others) went down to Florida and won a few games over the break so that's Cool

NAPOLI FOR MVP

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:15 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Phillies
Console '08: Wii and DS
finally got into my top schools. I should know where I'm goin next year in the next few weeks. Meanwhile, senioritis couldn't possibly be hitting me harder.

Image Image

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:49 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Paul McCartney15 wrote:
finally got into my top schools. I should know where I'm goin next year in the next few weeks. Meanwhile, senioritis couldn't possibly be hitting me harder.

yo congrats !!! good ol' senioritis

NAPOLI FOR MVP

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:53 pm 
AAA Starter
AAA Starter

Favorite Team: Yankees
My school put baseball tryouts at 7 AM Lmao

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:54 pm 
Ace
Ace

Favorite Team: Rays
Console '07: Wii and PS2
Been killing it on the mound this spring: 3-0, 0.63 ERA, 22.1 IP, 6 BB, 26 K.

Also was named honorable mention for Perfect Game All-Florida.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:59 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

aar0nat0r wrote:
Been killing it on the mound this spring: 3-0, 0.63 ERA, 22.1 IP, 6 BB, 26 K.

Also was named honorable mention for Perfect Game All-Florida.

dang @ zero u got a challenger for MLBPPWorld IRL MVP

also me and some of my friends started an intramural basketball team, we're 2-0 (we won our last game by 28) and it's been a lot of fun. I've started both games and I'd say I'm doing pretty well, averaging 5.5 points and shooting 50%. I even blocked a shot last game lmao

NAPOLI FOR MVP

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:25 am 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Brewers
Intramural basketball just ended here, my team won the A-League championship :)

Inaugural Member of the 10,000 Post Cult

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:16 am 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

BrewersFuzz wrote:
Intramural basketball just ended here, my team won the A-League championship :)

nice !! congrats

NAPOLI FOR MVP

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 2:39 am 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

ya boy has [un]officially made it through freshman year!!! I even managed to get my cumulative GPA above a 3.0, so I get to keep my scholarship :)

here's a bit of a recap of the past semester, including how my classes went:

Creative Writing (W103, A+) -- slacked off down the stretch, partially due to some self-conflict, but still finished with an A+. I'm actually going to go forward and take the next level of this course next semester

Music Theory (Z111, A) -- managed to get this barely above the cut-off for an A. professor really liked my Gorillaz-inspired final composition.

Coaching of Baseball (A363, A+) -- we ended up outside for like 90% of our classes, and ran a bunch of scrimmages. I feel like I became better as a baseball player through this class, as well as gaining a better understanding of what it means to be a coach

Psychology (P101, C) -- managed to pull a 74% on the final exam, this was crucial. pretty "meh" class, interesting subject matter but I'm glad this one's over.

Accounting (A200, C-) -- stepped up in the second half, started going to class which helped tremendously, this is going to get curved to at least a C and could go even higher than that (I'm counting it as a C for GPA purposes)

I was banged up a lot this semester, so I wasn't able to make many of our baseball practices. I'm hoping to continue working on my game over the summer, and hopefully be able to compete for a roster spot in the fall. Our team is actually nationally ranked rn, and is going to make the playoffs, so that's exciting (super bummed that I won't get to be there for any of it :/)

I registered for fall classes already, I'm taking Astronomy, Creative Writing, Business Law, Sport Communication, Sport Enterprise Management, and Issues in Intercollegiate Athletics. 18 hours in total, plus baseball and other commitments, plus possibly getting a job, so that's gonna keep me busy :|

NAPOLI FOR MVP

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 10:57 am 
Community Manager
Community Manager

Favorite Team: Tigers
Favorite Japanese title: (Wii) Jikkyou Powerful Major League 2009
Lets take a run-down through my final grades for my classes this semester:

Principles of Microeconomics (ECON 2010): A -- This was one of my easiest classes, surprisingly. Didn't need a book for the class (yay), and the lectures were entertaining. Heck, sometimes my prof would act out so much on one of his tangents, he would practically turn red, and he was quick with a joke, too. Very fun class, glad I got an A in it.

Digital News Production (COM 3590): A -- I only got my projects completed right when the final exam ended, but this class was pretty interesting. Got a mock radio newscast and a mock TV newscast out of it, too, so I could use that for a portfolio kind of thing in the future. Overall, pretty good class; I liked it. Also, the final exam was extremely easy (like, I could give the exam to you guys, and you would probably ace it without having to look anything up.)

Multimedia Journalism (JRN 2200): A -- This class was pretty interesting, too, and also convenient - this class and the class above this one were taught by the same prof. I lucked out in both classes by having one of the projects in both of these classes, and I got to use the new Presidential announcement at WMU as a basis for a TV news package. I also got to learn how to properly use a video camera, Photoshop, and other Adobe products. Also, that girl I asked out was in this class, so that made it even more enjoyable. Also, the final exam was extremely easy (like, I could give the exam to you guys, and you would probably ace it without having to look anything up.)

News Writing and Reporting (JRN 3200): BA -- This class had me do some hard reporting, and would've been an A if I had just turned in what I had the first time for my final project (a news issue story on the proposed federal budget, and not all of my sources got back to me in time.) It was taught by a former reporter for the local newspaper, and he really helped me out a lot with some of my projects along the way. This was also my first night class, and it was pretty informative class, too. Couple highlights of the class: I even went down to the city courthouse for a mini-project to do a public records search, and got to attend a Q&A session with Kareem Abdul-Jabbar. Also, the exam was fairly easy, but not as easy as the last two classes.

American Political Theory (PSCI 3630): CB -- *(censored)* this class. The content of the class was good, don't get me wrong (even if there was a brief discussion on if Beyoncé was a feminist), but there was just so...much of it. Like, there was at least 250+ pages of readings we had to do throughout the semester, and with my class and work schedule, I did not have time to do most of the readings. Plus, we had pop quizzes every week that featured two broad short answer questions - that we had only five minutes to do. My time in the class can be best analogized by Anibal Sanchez's Tigers career arc: Really dominant in the beginning, fading in the middle, and absolutely crashing and burning in the end. Luckily, I passed the class, so thank God.

As for my classes for next Fall, I have Human Anatomy, Theory of Coaching (finally getting some classes for my minor out of the way), Sports Media (which my university did a feature story on here), News Reporting Using New Media, and Journalism Law and Ethics. Should be a fun Fall semester.

"Another year older, another year better at Power Pros!" -Me
"Best way to get laid: Tell her you're the community manager of a baseball video game forum." -SkittleMonster
"The Chronicles of Dish's Love Life. I'd read it." -BrewersFuzz
"Find a way to be alone in a baseball stadium at sunrise, when the only sound you hear are about nine birds that got lost, and found themselves in a stadium, and they’re chirping across the grandstand trying to figure out where the *(censored)* they ended up." -Dan Besbris

Twitter: @robtoml_statman

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1761 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118  Next