Power Pros Forum

A community-run forum for Power Pros
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

This forum is for discussion of anything EXCEPT MLB Power Pros, if your post does not belong here it will be moved. Thank you.
-->

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1761 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118  Next

Would you write or read a school log?
Yes 61%  61%  [ 27 ]
No 39%  39%  [ 17 ]
Total votes : 44
 Post subject: Re: How is school?
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:01 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Rangers
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
Favorite Japanese title: (PS3) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2012
so my phone's alarm clock hasn't been working right for the last 2 weeks, causing me to miss all of my sport management classes, 2 finite classes, and 1 micro class in that span. today a friend gave me an alarm clock and once i get batteries i will be able to go to class yay. but i'm also probably dropping my sport management class because i've missed 2 in-class assignments and am barely holding a c in the class, it works well with my schedule next semester, and i've missed a lot of content because of missing all that class

on the bright side, though, i joined the club baseball program. i'm not on the travel roster yet, which isn't surprising, i definitely need to hit the gym and get stronger and work on cardio and all that, but the coach really likes me and i've showed up to all but one practice (was out of town) which is better than a lot of other guys on the team. i'm also doing really well in my spanish class which is kinda surprising since it's the 4th-semester college course. and i've made a lot of friends on my floor and through baseball so that's cool

NAPOLI FOR MVP

"All people are good for something. The important thing is finding what." - Tom

post count doesn't matter

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:
i think we banned him cause he was an idiot
glad i never got banned for that

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:17 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Tigers
Favorite Japanese title: Don't Own
I sprained my ankle at practice last Thursday, so I'm out of commission for a little while. Just in time to study for Organic Chemistry and Abstract Algebra midterms, hoo-rah.

That's great about baseball, Agent. That should be a lot of fun. Get big, hit dingers.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:54 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

detroittigers15 wrote:
I sprained my ankle at practice last Thursday, so I'm out of commission for a little while. Just in time to study for Organic Chemistry and Abstract Algebra midterms, hoo-rah.

That's great about baseball, Agent. That should be a lot of fun. Get big, hit dingers.

Yeah it's been a really fun experience so far! So far I'm just pitching but I'm hoping to start working on hitting and getting better in the outfield so I can play there as well. I don't have a bat right now, I lost mine at the end of last season, but probably going to get one and start hitting the cages again over the holiday break :)

Good luck with midterms! Got a few of those coming up myself (finite, Spanish, and micro) but I'm not too worried, except for the fact that I missed the last 2 finite classes and don't know where my exam is... Thankfully my professor has office hours tomorrow lol

NAPOLI FOR MVP

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:48 am 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

AgentP wrote:
Good luck with midterms! Got a few of those coming up myself (finite, Spanish, and micro) but I'm not too worried

fun fact: I got a raw score of 34% on my micro exam

fun fact: that grade was curved to a 50%

fun fact: I am, somehow, managing to pass all five of my classes

NAPOLI FOR MVP

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:05 am 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Brewers
Console '07: Don't Own
College is actually pretty easy and fun

Inaugural Member of the 10,000 Post Cult

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 5:01 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

AgentP wrote:
so my phone's alarm clock hasn't been working right for the last 2 weeks, causing me to miss all of my sport management classes, 2 finite classes, and 1 micro class in that span. today a friend gave me an alarm clock and once i get batteries i will be able to go to class yay. but i'm also probably dropping my sport management class because i've missed 2 in-class assignments and am barely holding a c in the class, it works well with my schedule next semester, and i've missed a lot of content because of missing all that class

on the bright side, though, i joined the club baseball program. i'm not on the travel roster yet, which isn't surprising, i definitely need to hit the gym and get stronger and work on cardio and all that, but the coach really likes me and i've showed up to all but one practice (was out of town) which is better than a lot of other guys on the team. i'm also doing really well in my spanish class which is kinda surprising since it's the 4th-semester college course. and i've made a lot of friends on my floor and through baseball so that's cool

UPDATES

my phone's alarm finally started working again (still not making sound but the vibration started working and that's usually enough to get me up) so i'm no longer missing class unintentionally. i decided not to drop sports management because i went to talk to my professor and she said there would be chances to get my grade back up.

also i officially made the travel roster as of yesterday. the coach told me there was no sense in me just being a practice player given the lack of bodies overall and while i don't expect much playing time, i should get into a game at some point. we have our first conference series coming up in a couple weeks so that's big

oh also got hit in the face twice at practice yesterday, once on a tipped throw and once on a wiffle ball hit straight back at me from like 10 feet away lmao so my left eye/nose area hurts like shit today

NAPOLI FOR MVP

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 3:04 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

AgentP wrote:
AgentP wrote:

UPDATES

also i officially made the travel roster as of yesterday. the coach told me there was no sense in me just being a practice player given the lack of bodies overall and while i don't expect much playing time, i should get into a game at some point. we have our first conference series coming up in a couple weeks so that's big

oh also got hit in the face twice at practice yesterday, once on a tipped throw and once on a wiffle ball hit straight back at me from like 10 feet away lmao so my left eye/nose area hurts like shit today

...and yesterday, I went to the gym to play basketball and ended up hurting my (throwing) shoulder and my left knee so it's no throwing or running for at least a week, meaning I'm probably not going to be able to play in our last fall games since they're next weekend

NAPOLI FOR MVP

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:00 am 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Athletics
Console '07: Wii and PS2
Console '08: Wii and PS2
Finished finals today and got my grades and finished with A's in all 6 of my classes to put me at a 4.7 GPA for first semester of senior year. And man, this semester flew by

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2017 and 2018 MLBPPW Fantasy Football League Champion

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 2:10 am 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

ZeroGibson13 wrote:
4.7 GPA

what the actual *(censored)*

I'm probably going to finish at a 2.9 for my first semester of college, which isn't bad considering I thought I was going to fail at least one class (and I didn't!) and considering that I missed like the last 8 days worth of classes due to illness and also considering that I had 2 of the worst professors in the entire university. I'll also probably rebound with a much higher GPA next semester, I need a 3.0 to keep my scholarship so hopefully I can get at least a 3.1 to keep that lol

I'm also planning on continuing with baseball, my parents are being weird about the dues and the spring break trip (and rightfully so), but if I can build up some muscle (especially after getting really weak because of the illness), I should be able to carve out a solid role next year, if not sooner. (I've considered being just a practice player for the spring though, since I really lost a lot of strength and I'm behind a lot of players on the depth chart anyway)

NAPOLI FOR MVP

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 2:35 am 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Brewers
My first finals are tomorrow, no clue what my GPA is.

Also next semester I have 5 classes MWF and none T-Th :?

Inaugural Member of the 10,000 Post Cult

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:30 am 
AAA Starter
AAA Starter

Favorite Team: Yankees
Everyone talking about college and I'm just sitting here as a sophomore in hs

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:11 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

AgentP wrote:
here is my schedule:
-- Intro to Sport Management (8 AM, M/W/F): lol. major required course, they recommend taking it first semester
-- Intro to Kinesiology & Public Health (2:30 PM, TU): I am confused about this scheduling as it appears I get 3 credit hours for 75 minutes of class??? my dad thinks there's a lab attached
-- Finite Math (9:30 AM, TU/TH): I got one of the better professors for this course. This is mostly stuff I know and hopefully it'll be easy.
-- Introduction to Microeconomics (11:15 AM, TU/TH): Having taken Econ last semester of HS, I'm hoping that I retain some knowledge for this class. Professor has a 1.9 (out of 5) rating on rate my professor so that's good
-- Second-Year Spanish II (11:15 AM, M/W/F): I somehow tested into 4th semester Spanish after not taking it senior year so yeah. I got Duolingo hoping I can relearn this... Good news though, if I pass this I won't have to take any other foreign-language courses :)

officially done with my first semester of college, let's see those grades

-- Sports Management (B-): This class was *(censored)* torture, I probably showed up a third of the time because it was at 8 AM and I lowkey hated the professor, but I did learn some stuff (such as never to take another 8 AM class) so that's good
-- Kinesiology (A-): My favorite class. It was a hybrid online/in-person class. I learned a lot.
-- Finite (B-): Super easy until the last few weeks, I didn't go to class for the last three or four weeks (though I was sick for half of that time) and I still managed to do pretty well on the final so
-- Microeconomics (C-): oh god why
-- Spanish (A-): I really liked this class too, professor was cool and now I'm done with the foreign language requirements so that's good

Overall, I finished with a 2.9 GPA. I expected better coming in, but next semester should give me a chance to get that up (I need at least a 3.0 cumulative to keep my scholarship for next year). I'll be taking these classes:

-- Foundations of Accounting (2:30 PM, M/W): This sounds boring, but it's a business requirement for my major.
-- Introductory Creative Writing (1:25 PM, W / 10:10 AM, M/F): Divided into a lecture and discussion section. Should be fun. Along with last semester's Spanish class, will satisfy the communication requirements for my degree (therefore I don't have to take any public speaking or similar classes).
-- Music Theory I (11:15 AM, M/W/F): I've heard this can be hard, but I'm hoping to learn a lot. Taking this as a pure elective so if it does turn out to be super challenging, I can drop it and pick something else up with no worries.
-- Introductory Psychology I (9:30 AM, TU/TH): Should be pretty fun. I think this is required for my major, but I'm not entirely sure and I don't feel like checking.
-- Coaching of Baseball (1:00 PM, TU/TH, 2nd 8 weeks only): I'm really looking forward to this. Taught by my club baseball coach, so I'm pretty familiar with his style and everything.

NAPOLI FOR MVP

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:

Post subject: School really is kinda boring
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 4:01 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

Favorite Team: Mets
I really hate having to go to high school or any school because it sucks and it is boring

Post subject: Re: School really is kinda boring
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 5:39 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

andhisnameisjohncena wrote:
I really hate having to go to high school or any school because it sucks and it is boring

advice:

1. drop out

NAPOLI FOR MVP

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:16 am 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

so at one point we were talking about learning languages and using duolingo/memrise/similar tools to help...

I guess it's worth mentioning that the combination of Duolingo and Memrise probably helped me remember enough to test into fourth-semester Spanish, and that gave me a solid base to work off of as I finished with an A-minus in the class and am now done with the IU foreign language requirement.

I've since re-installed Duolingo, and my next challenge will be to further improve my Spanish while also attempting to learn a bit of German (because heritage) and Swedish (because friends). I'd like to try learning Japanese at some point, but I think I'll stick to three at a time lmao

NAPOLI FOR MVP

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1761 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118  Next