Power Pros Forum

A community-run forum for Power Pros
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

This forum is for discussion of anything EXCEPT MLB Power Pros, if your post does not belong here it will be moved. Thank you.
-->

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32682 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1981, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1986, 1987 ... 2179  Next
 Post subject: Re: General Chat Thread (prev. Counting to Ten Thousand)
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 7:39 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Brewers
Console '07: Don't Own
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
Favorite Japanese title: Don't Own
Powerprosfan31 wrote:
ZeroGibson13 wrote:
I'm gonna say this here since the people who i want to read it will probably read this thread.

I've been working on making 12 MLB teams in JPPY '12 TO put in a pennant mode with 4 other NPB teams. The players appearances and uniforms are actually looking quite realistic so I'm super hyped about this. If you guys want, i may be able to do some videos of games showcasing the players and uniforms.

go for it, dude

always looking for some realistic unis

hbd btw

Same... I like looking at jerseys.

Happy birthday!

Inaugural Member of the 10,000 Post Cult

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 11:14 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Mets
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Console '08: Wii and DS
Favorite Japanese title: (Wii) Jikkyou Powerful Major League 2009
Happy birthday zero

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 6:25 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Athletics
Console '07: Wii and PS2
Console '08: Wii and PS2
Favorite Japanese title: (PS3) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2012
Thanks for the birthday wishes everyone :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2017 and 2018 MLBPPW Fantasy Football League Champion

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 8:53 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Sup dudes, so at my school they give everyone a Chromebook, and it's yours during the school year but they take it back during the summer. Once you graduate, however, you get to check it out and take it with you for free if you please. Obviously, I'll be taking it because why not, but I have some questions.

1.) What sort of laptop do you think is needed for college? Basically, would it be worth it for me to buy a laptop, or could I comfortably get by with just a Chromebook? I asked both of my sisters this question and they agreed that it would be worth it for me to purchase a real laptop that is functional offline and can run Microsoft Office among other things like games.

2.) Any recommendations of laptops? My eldest sister went for the cheaper option and bought a Toshiba laptop her first time, which she didn't really love, but then bought a Dell after graduating for med school, and she loves it. My other sister bought a MacBook, and despite the cost, loves it and believes that I should also get one. I hold both of their opinions highly, but they are contradicting each other here and I would like to hear some advice from you guys to take into consideration with the advice from my family and what I can find on Google. Thanks 8)

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 9:37 pm 
Community Manager
Community Manager

Favorite Team: Tigers
When it comes to buying a laptop, it depends what you want to do with it. If you only need it for internet, documents, and school stuff, then you'll need a computer with decent space and not as powerful technically. If you want to play games on it, then you'll need a lot of disk space, processing power, RAM, and other stuff.

HP makes pretty good laptops, so does ASUS. Chromebooks are OK for school, mostly because of Google Drive space, and you can possibly get by with it. However, saving money in college is a huge deal, so I wouldn't go out and buying a new one.

However, I want to hear what the more technically inclined say on this. They might have better opinions than I do.

"Another year older, another year better at Power Pros!" -Me
"Best way to get laid: Tell her you're the community manager of a baseball video game forum." -SkittleMonster
"The Chronicles of Dish's Love Life. I'd read it." -BrewersFuzz
"Find a way to be alone in a baseball stadium at sunrise, when the only sound you hear are about nine birds that got lost, and found themselves in a stadium, and they’re chirping across the grandstand trying to figure out where the *(censored)* they ended up." -Dan Besbris

Twitter: @robtoml_statman

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 9:52 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Mets
BrewersFuzz wrote:
Sup dudes
you got a fork up your ass?

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 10:21 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Dodgers
Favorite Japanese title: (PS3) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2011
BrewersFuzz wrote:
Sup dudes, so at my school they give everyone a Chromebook, and it's yours during the school year but they take it back during the summer. Once you graduate, however, you get to check it out and take it with you for free if you please. Obviously, I'll be taking it because why not, but I have some questions.

1.) What sort of laptop do you think is needed for college? Basically, would it be worth it for me to buy a laptop, or could I comfortably get by with just a Chromebook? I asked both of my sisters this question and they agreed that it would be worth it for me to purchase a real laptop that is functional offline and can run Microsoft Office among other things like games.

2.) Any recommendations of laptops? My eldest sister went for the cheaper option and bought a Toshiba laptop her first time, which she didn't really love, but then bought a Dell after graduating for med school, and she loves it. My other sister bought a MacBook, and despite the cost, loves it and believes that I should also get one. I hold both of their opinions highly, but they are contradicting each other here and I would like to hear some advice from you guys to take into consideration with the advice from my family and what I can find on Google. Thanks 8)

If you want to play games then don't even bother with laptops; you will get much more bang for your buck using a desktop, especially if you build it yourself. There's also the possibility that you'll simply be too busy to spend a lot of time on games.

Definitely stick with your Chromebook, you can easily get by using google docs, slides, sheets, and you really don't want to be using up any extra money at this point when you already have something that will do just fine. If you absolutely need to use Microsoft Office then your university's computer lab (if it has one) will do fine. I don't know what else you plan on doing offline.

ZeroGibson13 wrote:
I'm gonna say this here since the people who i want to read it will probably read this thread.

I've been working on making 12 MLB teams in JPPY '12 TO put in a pennant mode with 4 other NPB teams. The players appearances and uniforms are actually looking quite realistic so I'm super hyped about this. If you guys want, i may be able to do some videos of games showcasing the players and uniforms.

Sounds cool. I'm assuming these are rosters as of this season?

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 1:39 am 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Red Sox
Favorite Japanese title: (PS3) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2011
BrewersFuzz wrote:

I actually disagree w PPJ, I don't think a Chromebook would cut it in college. Someone I know has one and he has to go through other people to deal with our printing system and for downloading documents

The offline thing is important too--college wifi is a crapshoot

For laptops, I had a Lenovo and it did me well. My parents surprised me with a macbook for Christmas and I adore it, but the price point is wild--so maybe stay away from macs for now

Money can't buy life

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 12:35 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Today was my last day of high school. That's kinda weird...

Are you saying it's wrong to talk to a bag of Skittles? Because if so, I'm going to need to rethink a lot of things. :P
BrewersFuzz wrote:
Powerprosfan31 wrote:
What do twelve year olds do with girlfriends?
Give them ringpops and let them cut up to their spot in line during lunch.
NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS 2017 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS mutha *(censored)*!
Dishnetkid is a heretic who must be burned

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 5:52 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

SkittleMonster wrote:

yeah, mine's next tuesday & it's surreal. kinda wish i could live it all over, but on the other hand i'm excited to not have to do this anymore. it's frightening and life-affirming and just kinda neat. hope you're doing well

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 5:54 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

maccrash21 wrote:
SkittleMonster wrote:

yeah, mine's next tuesday & it's surreal. kinda wish i could live it all over, but on the other hand i'm excited to not have to do this anymore. it's frightening and life-affirming and just kinda neat. hope you're doing well

Same, mine is next Wednesday. You summed it up very well, but I feel very scared and unprepared. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 5:56 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

BrewersFuzz wrote:
maccrash21 wrote:
SkittleMonster wrote:

Same, mine is next Wednesday. You summed it up very well, but I feel very scared and unprepared. :lol:

honestly i'm not so worried about being scared or unprepared or anything like that as much as i'm worried about leaving everything i know behind. & the girl i have a thing with is going to school in wisconsin (whoa. that's your state) & i'm going in rhode island, so that's going to be horrifying when i have to deal with that. & i don't really have any idea what i want to do, so i should feel more concerned about being unprepared, but for some reason i'm not feeling very anxious about it. there have been people far less equipped than us who've functioned just fine, which is something i take solace in.

but yeah. it's still freaky.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 5:59 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

All very true... Like you said, I feel like the worst part is having to leave everything and basically start a new life.

If you don't mind me asking, what college is she going to?

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 6:12 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

maccrash21 wrote:
SkittleMonster wrote:

Thanks Mac. I kinda wish I could do high school over again, but that's life I suppose. I don't feel empty inside, but I wish I'd taken advantage of more opportunities and had a more fulfilling experience.

It hasn't really sunk in yet. There's people that I've seen nearly every day for the past 7 years that I'll never see again after graduation next Tuesday. Thankfully my two best friends are staying here in central Florida, but the other 5 people that I'd consider myself pretty close with are gonna be gone and that's kinda scary. It's nice I won't have to completely start over, but it actually feels like I'm growing up and I can't say I'm a fan

Are you saying it's wrong to talk to a bag of Skittles? Because if so, I'm going to need to rethink a lot of things. :P
BrewersFuzz wrote:
Powerprosfan31 wrote:
What do twelve year olds do with girlfriends?
Give them ringpops and let them cut up to their spot in line during lunch.
NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS 2017 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS mutha *(censored)*!
Dishnetkid is a heretic who must be burned

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 6:18 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

BrewersFuzz wrote:
All very true... Like you said, I feel like the worst part is having to leave everything and basically start a new life.

If you don't mind me asking, what college is she going to?

uhhhh, wanna say university of wisconsin-madison? i think? perhaps. she has family out there so it's only natural.
SkittleMonster wrote:
maccrash21 wrote:
SkittleMonster wrote:

Thanks Mac. I kinda wish I could do high school over again, but that's life I suppose. I don't feel empty inside, but I wish I'd taken advantage of more opportunities and had a more fulfilling experience.

It hasn't really sunk in yet. There's people that I've seen nearly every day for the past 7 years that I'll never see again after graduation next Tuesday. Thankfully my two best friends are staying here in central Florida, but the other 5 people that I'd consider myself pretty close with are gonna be gone and that's kinda scary. It's nice I won't have to completely start over, but it actually feels like I'm growing up and I can't say I'm a fan

agree about the not wanting to grow up part. that's another hurdle. i love being 17. i'm more or less content with my high school experience tho, luckily.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32682 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1981, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1986, 1987 ... 2179  Next