Power Pros Forum

A community-run forum for Power Pros
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

This forum is for discussion of anything EXCEPT MLB Power Pros, if your post does not belong here it will be moved. Thank you.
-->

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32682 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999 ... 2179  Next
 Post subject: Re: General Chat Thread (prev. Counting to Ten Thousand)
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:22 am 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Mets
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Console '08: Wii and DS
Favorite Japanese title: (Wii) Jikkyou Powerful Major League 2009
Lmfaoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

BrewersFuzz wrote:
you made up a story about your little brother and I still refuse to respect that
Also this

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:26 am 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Phillies
Console '07: Don't Own
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
Favorite Japanese title: (Vita) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2012
that'd require lgm to actually have a brain, care, or a soul

however, I don't see why we don't just ban him - even if he comes back we know it's him. he *(censored)* up his chance already

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:46 am 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Tigers
Favorite Japanese title: Don't Own
where my forum gone?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:54 am 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Rangers
Favorite Japanese title: (PS3) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2012
detroittigers15 wrote:
where my forum gone?

actual hell

bring the gunmen back pls

BrewersFuzz wrote:
you made up a story about your little brother and I still refuse to respect that

ok i guess that's fair, but to be completely honest while i'm sorry for anything that may have happened in that time, that was a rly weird time in my life and i just wanted to spice things up around here. also yeah i realize this is a ban-able offense but i hope y'all are willing to forgive me for trying to inject some humor into a mostly dead forum

philliesfan134 wrote:
that'd require lgm to actually have a brain, care, or a soul

however, I don't see why we don't just ban him - even if he comes back we know it's him. he *(censored)* up his chance already

also i don't think stuff like this is helping. fighting fire with fire? that shit won't work

yeah that log's dead too- i mean on hiatus (yes that one too) (seriously all of them now lol) (haha unless...?)

"All people are good for something. The important thing is finding what." - Tom

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:
i think we banned him cause he was an idiot
glad i never got banned for that

Second Member of the 10,000 Post Cult

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:45 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Brewers
AgentP wrote:
that was a rly weird time in my life and i just wanted to spice things up around here. also yeah i realize this is a ban-able offense but i hope y'all are willing to forgive me for trying to inject some humor into a mostly dead forum

I understand that LGM can be an offensive idiot and respect your right to call him out on it, he's literally doing the same thing as you described above. :?

Inaugural Member of the 10,000 Post Cult

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:49 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

BrewersFuzz wrote:
AgentP wrote:
that was a rly weird time in my life and i just wanted to spice things up around here. also yeah i realize this is a ban-able offense but i hope y'all are willing to forgive me for trying to inject some humor into a mostly dead forum

I understand that LGM can be an offensive idiot and respect your right to call him out on it, he's literally doing the same thing as you described above. :?

in theory, yes

but i didn't intend to offend anyone. if i did that's 100% my fault and i apologize sincerely. lgm is literally trying to attack as many people as possible and that's where i draw the line

yeah that log's dead too- i mean on hiatus (yes that one too) (seriously all of them now lol) (haha unless...?)

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:16 pm 
Community Manager
Community Manager

Favorite Team: Tigers
Alright, here's my 2¢...

I will also say right off the bat that I have Asperger's Syndrome as well (however, not officially diagnosed; a doctor did say it was "likely" early on in my life, but it has never been documented), which, like Agent said, is on the Autism Spectrum (I think it only got recently added, but that's beside the point.)

I have been meaning to make a post like Agent did for a while as a separate topic, but I didn't, either due to busy-ness or just not finding the exact right words to say to make a difference. I commend Agent for putting exactly what I was thinking down on forum-space.

As Community Manager, I'm expected to tackle things like these head-on when they happen. I apologize to the forum community profusely for my failure to curtail these occurrences before they spun out of control like they have been doing. I will strive to do better in this regard in the future. That said, however, I don't feel like banning LGM or jag or both is the right thing to do to punish them for this behavior. It will only encourage them to keep their pointless charade going.

I will say, though, that these "jokes" are A) Not funny, B.) of piss-poor taste, and C) almost borderline offensive. I like to idealize ourselves as an inclusive community, where people who've played this crazy game (however few there may be) can discuss the game, as well as talk about life in general. Language like this being spewed around the forum between users is unacceptable and distasteful. Using "autism" the way LGM and jag have been using it is akin to using the word "retard" or "fag" in public or anywhere else - it is extremely frowned upon on a societal level, because of the implications made when using these words.

I also hate that we're at each other's throats all the time, like Agent said. This is not the forum I literally grew up in. This is not the forum I have spent almost 1/3 of my entire life in. This is not the forum I know, and I'm ashamed that some people have stooped to a level that, six or eight years ago, would've been unheard of. Yes, this forum has been around longer than literally anyone imagined, but if we realize our differences and not fight or use the kind of language that has been going on lately, this forum would be a better place.

In conclusion, I hope and ask LGM and jag to re-consider using the language they've been using to insult each other. There is a point where people need to grow the *(censored)* up, and I pray that this is one of those times. But overall, we can do better as a community, and I hope it starts here.

"Another year older, another year better at Power Pros!" -Me
"Best way to get laid: Tell her you're the community manager of a baseball video game forum." -SkittleMonster
"The Chronicles of Dish's Love Life. I'd read it." -BrewersFuzz
"Find a way to be alone in a baseball stadium at sunrise, when the only sound you hear are about nine birds that got lost, and found themselves in a stadium, and they’re chirping across the grandstand trying to figure out where the *(censored)* they ended up." -Dan Besbris

Twitter: @robtoml_statman

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:38 am 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Well said, Dish. IIRC it's always been considered on the autism spectrum, but a few years ago was lumped in (by some definitions) as part of general Autism Spectrum Disorder and not a separate diagnosis -- I checked Wikipedia (the trusted academic source) and it seems like it's half and half on whether they're separate things or the same (science is apparently not as concrete as we thought)

Also, yeah, hypothetically you could have done a better job with this, but I have noticed you trying to step in whenever possible and try to de-escalate these types of situations. Sometimes it's important to stay out of it for a while just to make sure you're not overreacting, but this has gone on for several weeks now I think and that's way too much.

And yeah shit like this sure as *(censored)* isn't going to make (potential) new members feel comfortable, if anything it's going to drive fringy people (that lance, JP, mac, ppfan category of people who already kinda have one foot out the door) even further away and it might even drive someone like me, who's relied on this forum as a rare constant in a life full of chaos (mostly self-caused lmao), away or closer to leaving (the chase to 10,000 posts is v tempting tho)

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:36 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Blue Jays
Hi guys

I haven't been a member of this community for nearly as long as others. I haven't seen all the good times of the forum, or all the bad times. We're not doing too good right now! I'm not nearly as active as before, or as others. But sometimes I like to check in, maybe say something or let you know what's going on in my life. Why does this place have to be so hostile? Why can't it be a hub for, like dish said, a small and dying group of friends to keep in touch. I always thought that's what the future of the forum was. Outsiders may come and go but we're typically a core. And for a reason, we all share certain things in common that we can talk about, and to provide advice to others about those things we can all relate with. Let's all come together and connect on those things that we can relate to each other with, instead of focusing on these unimportant; really just stupid comments that some forum members make. I hope everyone, including the members causing these infractions can see my words clearly.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:50 pm 
AAA Starter
AAA Starter

Favorite Team: Astros
Favorite Japanese title: (Vita) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2012
Now that rangers is gone I don't need to be an asshole anymore. Glad this topic has been brought up. The person I was from last spring and summer wasn't really me, but the part about that hooters girl was actually true and I don't really care what you think LGM. Rangers was such a fa.... prick..... that it made me angry and I just wanted to *(censored)* with him until he left the forums for good. That basically did me no good and most of it I regret. Except for that Sam Pound shit cause that was hilarious lmao. Back on track here tho, I agree with all the posts above except LGM's obviously. #Let'sMakeMLBPPWorldGreatAgain

Horns, that rapid drum tapping thing, my n-word, n-word, drugs, weed, guns, money, bitches, pussy, pussy ass bitches, bitch ass n-word, shawty, saying the same thing over and over to fill up space, simple sentences that have no context, saying the same thing over and over to fill up space, blat blat, pussy shit, porsche

jag123jg wrote:
Are you guys actually *(censored)* stupid? Learn to wait for a 3-5 game sample size and then read stats before making players, dumbasses

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:56 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Phillies
I don't think I've ever read a post by LGM on this forum that wasn't at least eye-roll worthy.

I don't really venture too much out of the free for all section of this forum but what dish and agentP brought up was pretty disappointing. idrk what else to say

Image Image

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:57 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Mets
Hahahahahahahaha How The *(censored)* Is Cyber Bullying Real Hahahaha Nigga Just Walk Away From The Screen Like Nigga Close Your Eyes Haha

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 2:00 am 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

LetsGoMets77 wrote:
Hahahahahahahaha How The *(censored)* Is Cyber Bullying Real Hahahaha Nigga Just Walk Away From The Screen Like Nigga Close Your Eyes Haha

great advice! let's all leave the forum, that way you can't insult anyone! win-win tbh

tho i respect the tyler, the creator quote lmao

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:14 am 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

I was going to write out a long thing about how wild the last 12ish hours have been for me, but I've decided to just summarize instead...

First off, I flew back to Indianapolis today. Thanksgiving break was great, but I'm glad to be back in Indiana and even happier to be able to see all my friends soon.

Speaking of friends, I got to meet two new friends today. I'm grateful for everything they did to come up here and see me -- it's certainly not every day that someone sneaks out of their house to come see you, let alone taking a 30-minute Uber ride. I'm also grateful for how much fun we had -- we went to Waffle House (my first time!), ate and talked there for a while, had a really friendly server (and I left a nice tip, despite being a broke college kid, and also treated my friends to their meals), then went back to my hotel room and chilled there until about midnight, when my friend's dad came to pick them up (he wasn't happy, and took my friend's phone, but they ultimately ended up okay). I'm just really touched by the fact that they risked getting caught (and ultimately did get caught) sneaking out just to come see me and hang out for a few hours.

After that, I hung out in my room for a while before deciding to get some sleep. I texted my friend (the one whose phone hadn't been taken) good night at about 1:30, and got into bed, only to realize hey, there's a light shining through the window, and there's nothing I can do about it! The curtains weren't big enough to cover the light; they don't seem to serve much use at all. I tried sleeping on the pull-out bed in the main area of the room, but that wouldn't work either, and I decided to just stay up as long as I could.

A second Waffle House run helped, as I filled back up on another order of hash browns, a side of ham, and a cup of hot tea (which, if nothing else, startled me awake for a few minutes before the caffeine could really kick in). The same server waited on me again, and I left her another generous tip. Some drunk people came in and started being really loud and belligerent around 3:30, and I took that as my cue to leave.

I headed back to the hotel, from where I am writing this. In a few minutes, I'll go down to check out of the hotel, then I'll take a shuttle to the airport at 5:35, although I have to wait until 8:20 to ride the bus back to campus. I'll check in to the dorm as early as I can (they're saying 10:00), then drop my stuff off, change into proper attire (namely, my IU football jersey and a jacket and long pants of some sort), and head to one of the biggest rivalry games in all of college football: the Old Oaken Bucket game, the annual match between Indiana (5-6, good) and Purdue (3-8, bad). I'll, of course, try to stay the whole game, but running on several sleep-deprived nights in a row (followed by this completely sleepless night), I don't know if I'll be able to hold out. I guess today is the day we truly find out just how powerful adrenaline (and a bit of caffeine) can be...

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:38 am 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Brewers
Wow bro you wild

Inaugural Member of the 10,000 Post Cult

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32682 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999 ... 2179  Next