Power Pros Forum

A community-run forum for Power Pros
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

This forum is for discussion of anything EXCEPT MLB Power Pros, if your post does not belong here it will be moved. Thank you.
-->

Post subject: Most Played Games
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:16 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Red Sox
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
Favorite Japanese title: Don't Own
What do you think your most played games are overall? I figured this might be a somewhat interesting topic to see what kind of games other people like, and have good replay value. If you have Steam, it's easy to get a list of your most played games on Steam to include, as for other games, you'll probably just have to estimate things yourself. I'll start off with my top 10 from Steam, than a few estimations on non-steam games.

My top 10 from Steam statistics are (will include asterisk beside things I'm still actively playing):
1. Rocksmith 2014 - 87 hours* (some consider it to be more of a learning software, but there are mini-games attached to it and it plays a lot like a game for the most part)
2. Rogue Legacy - 50 hours (it's probably more around 30 for me, really. I let someone else play through that game a few times on my account so the hours are a bit more than they should be, and I haven't played it since they updated it to include some stupid-hard optional bosses)
3. RPG Maker VX Ace - 32 hours* (considered a software by Steam, but I still consider it more of a game anyway)
4. Civilization V - 32 hours (takes forever to get a Civilization from the start to the finish, I barely even accomplished anything in those hours)
5. Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale - 30 hours*
6. Just Cause 2 - 27 hours
7. The Walking Dead - 26 hours
8. Far Cry 3 - 18.2 hours
9. The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - 17.9 hours
10. Long Live The Queen - 11.8 hours

As for my top 3 outside of Steam I'd estimate these would probably take the spots:

1. The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, it's on the Steam list, but the vast majority of my time playing this game wasn't on my Steam account, I played it a bit on other people's computers, I tried it a bit on some of my old laptops without a Steam account, finally, I got the game on PS3 and played it pretty much nonstop for weeks.

I lost a lot of saves in the end, both intentionally and unintentionally, so I can't use that to estimate my time spent anymore, but I do know for sure that I've spent well over 500 hours on the game, and that's just the plain PS3 version, adding mods and using cheats on the PC version would add a ton more replay value on top of that.

2. Dark Cloud 2, it's a lot harder for me to estimate time on this, but I do know that it's a pretty long game, and I've played a lot of it several times, including finishing it a few times, always stopping to spend a lot of time on optional sidequests and grinding. I'm sure I remember seeing a save file of mine over 80 hours at one point, and that's just an individual save file, not considering any of the many other files I've had when playing through the game.

3. MLB Power Pros 2008, I'm sure this one can't be too much of a surprise, I wouldn't still be here if I didn't have an attachment to this game. Between all the Season logs, My Life logs, Success Mode players, and stuff I've done on my own time, it's a safe bet that I've spent a pretty decent amount of time with this game.

Quote:
Hello
Though I am not a coach, I can coach, please trust me!

Post subject: Re: Most Played Games
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:57 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Indians
Outside of steam:
1: MLB Power Pros 2008
2. NFL/MLB 2K5
3. MVP Baseball 2005
4. Madden 25
5. FIFA 11
6. NHL 10
7. Star Wars Battlefront II
8. Madden 08
9. MLB 2K6
10. MLB 13: The Show
11. MLB 11: The Show
12. NHL 09
13. NBA 2K13
14. NBA Live 06
15. NBA 2K14
16. NHL 08
17. The Sims 3
18. Animal Crossing: Wild World/New Leaf
19. Madden 10
20. The Sims 2
21. NBA 2K12
22. 2010 FIFA World Cup
23. FIFA 14
24. NCAA 06
25. NCAA 13

BrewersFuzz wrote:
AND THEN IN A SHOCKING TURN OF EVENTS CLEVELAND BLOWS THE 3-1 LEAD THIS TIME

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:01 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Rangers
Favorite Japanese title: (PS3) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2012
I almost exclusively play sports games, I'd say my top three over the last year or so are:

1. NBA 2K14 - played a month in one season, few games in another, many days spent doing draft classes
2. MLB 13 - created a whole team, played a month in Franchise mode

From there, it's a total crapshoot from Mario Kart Wii, NCAA Basketball 10 and Wii Sports (games I play mostly with friends/family) to MLB 14 and Power Pros (mostly played by myself). Madden 25 and NCAA Football 14 are two games that I have played significantly both with friends and alone.

yeah that log's dead too- i mean on hiatus (yes that one too) (seriously all of them now lol) (haha unless...?)

"All people are good for something. The important thing is finding what." - Tom

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:
i think we banned him cause he was an idiot
glad i never got banned for that

Second Member of the 10,000 Post Cult

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:11 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Brewers
Console '07: Don't Own
I haven't a clue on exact time, but I'll throw out some guesses. Minecraft is actually probably up a few spots.

1. Pokemon Fire Red- this game was my childhood. It was the only game I had for my GBA for a year, and I played it as much as possible. And then continued to play it for another year. :) Awesome memories of this game. :)
2. Backyard Football 2002- this was the sports game of my childhood. I played so many seasons of this it's ridiculous.
3. MLB Power Pros 2008- Yeah I've played a lot of this. With all the success mode and seasons, it adds up quickly.
4. Conduit 2- I played this a lot for about a year straight, then took a break, then played it a lot for 6 more months. However, with online severs now down, it's hard to enjoy this game with only campaign mode left. :(
5. Minecraft- I've played Minecraft a LOT. Just on the MCSG server I think I have nearly 3 days in. :shock:

And of course there are other games that I've put a lot of time into, but I'm pretty sure those are my top 5. :) After reading through these other guys', I think Mario Kart Wii is definitely an honorable mention.

Inaugural Member of the 10,000 Post Cult

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:23 am 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Blue Jays
I have a bunch with 20 or so hours in it though, these are the only notable ones. Also, I have around 200 more hours than it says in civ 5, they were all offline I'm guessing.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:02 am 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

I got Warband in the last Steam sale, but I haven't gotten around to playing it yet. I played a lot of the original Mount & Blade, and by the original Mount & Blade, I mean the Star Wars Conquest mod for it, since they never got that mod onto Warband, I never saw any reason to really switch over, but I think it was cheap, so I picked it up anyway.

Quote:
Hello
Though I am not a coach, I can coach, please trust me!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:14 am 
Community Manager
Community Manager

Favorite Team: Tigers
Favorite Japanese title: (Wii) Jikkyou Powerful Major League 2009
My most played games as of late are Power Pros 08, Mario Kart 8, OOTP15, and that's really about it.

"Another year older, another year better at Power Pros!" -Me
"Best way to get laid: Tell her you're the community manager of a baseball video game forum." -SkittleMonster
"The Chronicles of Dish's Love Life. I'd read it." -BrewersFuzz
"Find a way to be alone in a baseball stadium at sunrise, when the only sound you hear are about nine birds that got lost, and found themselves in a stadium, and they’re chirping across the grandstand trying to figure out where the *(censored)* they ended up." -Dan Besbris

Twitter: @robtoml_statman

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:04 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Blue Jays
cooldude1045 wrote:
I got Warband in the last Steam sale, but I haven't gotten around to playing it yet. I played a lot of the original Mount & Blade, and by the original Mount & Blade, I mean the Star Wars Conquest mod for it, since they never got that mod onto Warband, I never saw any reason to really switch over, but I think it was cheap, so I picked it up anyway.

All of my hours are in the napoleonic wars dlc, I run a "regiment" (read clan) in the game and that's where I get all of the hours in in it.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:10 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Console '08: Wii and DS
Favorite Japanese title: (PS3) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2011
Pokemon Emerald is my most with 315 hours or so

The Mass Effect trilogy would definitely be second. I would assume I've got more than 200 hours in those

I think Platinum is third with like 180

Then Fire Emblem: Awakening with 127 hours

Persona 4 would round out the five, with somewhere around 120 hours

Money can't buy life