Power Pros Forum

A community-run forum for Power Pros
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

This forum is for discussion of anything EXCEPT MLB Power Pros, if your post does not belong here it will be moved. Thank you.
-->

Where should I start?
Boot Camp 75%  75%  [ 3 ]
Skip training and go straight to Vietnam 25%  25%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 4
 Post subject: New Writing Project: Diary of a Vietnam War Soldier
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:55 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Indians
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
Favorite Japanese title: Don't Own
I've never done a project like this before, but I've decided to write a historical fiction story. The story follows a poor boy drafted into the US Army during the heart of the Vietnam War. The boy struggles to maintain his morality and human nature during the struggle. Would any of you guys be interested in this? I'm going to post chapters of my story, asking for suggestions and feedback.

BrewersFuzz wrote:
AND THEN IN A SHOCKING TURN OF EVENTS CLEVELAND BLOWS THE 3-1 LEAD THIS TIME

Last edited by GoTwins24 on Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:00 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: New Writing Project: Diary of a Vietnam War Soldier
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:01 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Rangers
Console '07: Wii and PS2
Console '08: Wii and PS2
Favorite Japanese title: (PS3) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2012
I'll follow

character limit

Panther Pride 2.0: The 2015 OKC Panthers

SkittleMonster
http://puu.sh/d9FzM/1ab44887a1.png dish, this isn't gonna get you laid

Post subject: Re: New Writing Project: Diary of a Vietnam War Soldier
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:03 am 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Indians
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
Favorite Japanese title: Don't Own
June 28, 1968
Shelby, North Carolina

The day was finally here. I had received my draft notice from the United States Army. My immediate reaction was excitement. I was finally able to serve my great country. I should probably introduce myself first. My name is Robert Franklin, I turned 18 on May 26, and it took only a month for me to get the draft notice. Of course, I have to go through training first, but soon I'll be able to actually fight. My family has a long history of fighting in wars. My dad served in WWII, my grandpa served in the first World War, and my great grandpa served in the Spanish-American war. My destiny was to fight in a war. Unfortunately, I would be leaving behind Ma and Pa, three brothers, and a loving girlfriend, Hannah. However, if these are the sacrifices I must make for my country, I will make them.

"Pa! I've gotten my draft notice! I'm gonna be just like you!" I told my dad, hoping he would be proud. My dad had a blank expression on his face.

"Son...Are you sure you are ready to go through this? I mean, not to upset you, but war is not something to be excited for," My dad replied.

"But pa! You fought in World War II. I have to live up to you!" I responded to him.

"Son, I fought against men who put other humans in ovens. You're fighting against farmers with an ideology!" My dad told me.

"But if we don't stop the Commies now, who'll stop them from turning us all into Commies?" I asked him.

"That's a lie! North Vietnam's communism won't spread in Asia. Eventually, they'll fall, and Vietnam will be united under democracy!" My dad yelled, borderline screaming.

"Well what if it does spread? What do we do then? We'd be on the verge of World War III! And I'm gonna be one of the men that stops it." I responded.

"Well we can't do a thing about it now. I will be praying for you, son. Remember to write us, and DON'T TRY TO BE A HERO! You'll get killed!" My dad gave me advice, and I left.

Don't be a hero? That's ridiculous! I want to get an award and be honored by everyone I talk to. I want to have the pride of saving people's lives. I was ready for Vietnam, or at least I thought I was.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
What do you guys think about the first page? All feedback is accepted and I'll definitely listen to all suggestions.

BrewersFuzz wrote:
AND THEN IN A SHOCKING TURN OF EVENTS CLEVELAND BLOWS THE 3-1 LEAD THIS TIME