Power Pros Forum

A community-run forum for Power Pros
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:29 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

This forum is for discussion of anything EXCEPT MLB Power Pros, if your post does not belong here it will be moved. Thank you.
-->

Post subject: The Cliques/Factions of MLBPPWorld
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:59 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Athletics
Console '07: Wii and PS2
Console '08: Wii and PS2
Favorite Japanese title: (PS3) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2012
So, I would kind of like to make a post here, trying to possibly resolve some issues by pointing out major issues we as a forum have here.

I have seen over my time here that new members are generally not liked, especially if they ever try to make a point when they're new on the forum. I don't feel that I'm exactly liked here on the forum (not sure as to why, because I feel I'm a huge motivator to the new members doing things behind the scenes), but for whatever reason, I'm not respected amongst the overly popular group of MLBPPWorld, (Skittles, Mac, PPFan, Paul, Brewers, sometimes PPJ, and sometimes Prediction). This "overly popular group" in my opinion is a slightly corrupt source on the forum, because it never seems that any of them interact with, or try to help new members to the forum. I have seen countless examples of PPFan, Skittles, Brewers, and Paul all saying that they don't know that any of these users exist. Mac has an excuse, that is, that he isn't on as much.

Now, the over popular group is not exactly the only source of corruption on the forum. New members, often because of their youth, or inexperience with forums can get picked on, A LOT, and this leads to a massive amount of drama between the over populars and the new kids. What happens next is that the passive bystanders (that's what we'll call them) AgentP, Phillies, Dish, me, Jag, etc. will occasionally side with the over popular group during dramatic events, such as when some newb tries to bring up some point with politics, just because the over populars are oftenly more respected because of how long they've been on the forum. Then, it results in fights breaking out, people getting banned, new users being afraid to join, etc.

In my opinion, an easy solution to this problem can be for the tokewl4school kids, or the overpopular ones to get to know the newbs a little bit better, maybe interact with them once or twice in a year. Seriously, PPFan just talked to Jag for the first time TODAY! Jag has been a member for over two years iirc. That's sad. For someone like him, (sorry I'm calling you out PPFan), but someone like him, who was brought up among the moderator conversation, to not know who a member is that has a massive contribution to the site. I'm sorry, that doesn't seem right to me. So again, I feel a solution to this problem could be certain users maybe cutting down on their pride a bit, and to talk to some of the new youngsters to the forums. Hey, maybe you'll find some guy that's pretty cool. New members always have the capability to be cool. For example, Brewers was once new, Skittles was once new, etc.

I feel like I'm going to get a huge amount of hate on this post because of my profile, but hey, I just want to make this forum a better place.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2017 and 2018 MLBPPW Fantasy Football League Champion

Post subject: Re: The Cliques/Factions of MLBPPWorld
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:04 am 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Mets
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Console '08: Wii and DS
Favorite Japanese title: (Wii) Jikkyou Powerful Major League 2009
I wasn't mentioned. Yay! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:16 am 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Red Sox
Favorite Japanese title: Don't Own
That's.....actually well thought out. Huh.

Are you saying it's wrong to talk to a bag of Skittles? Because if so, I'm going to need to rethink a lot of things. :P
BrewersFuzz wrote:
Powerprosfan31 wrote:
What do twelve year olds do with girlfriends?
Give them ringpops and let them cut up to their spot in line during lunch.
NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS 2017 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS mutha *(censored)*!
Dishnetkid is a heretic who must be burned

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:21 am 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Athletics
SkittleMonster wrote:
That's.....actually well thought out. Huh.

Hard to believe it came from my mind eh? :P

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2017 and 2018 MLBPPW Fantasy Football League Champion

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:09 am 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Rangers
LetsGoMets77 wrote:
I wasn't mentioned. Yay! :mrgreen:

Hey me either, high five!

Panther Pride 2.0: The 2015 OKC Panthers

SkittleMonster
http://puu.sh/d9FzM/1ab44887a1.png dish, this isn't gonna get you laid

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:23 am 
Community Manager
Community Manager

Favorite Team: Tigers
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
Favorite Japanese title: (Wii) Jikkyou Powerful Major League 2009
You make some really good points, Zero. I appreciate this post, as we need a discussion like this to solve the problem between newbies and established veterans not getting along. You've pinpointed where the dividing lines are on the forum pretty much perfectly. Those are really well-thought out points, and I hope people see this and decide to take action on it.

I try to interact a bit with new members when I get the chance. You mentioned something about politics - that's just a touchy subject that I really feel shouldn't be discussed, because that could create a whole new shitstorm on the forum, and that wouldn't be good. That's why we don't talk politics too much here.

"Another year older, another year better at Power Pros!" -Me
"Best way to get laid: Tell her you're the community manager of a baseball video game forum." -SkittleMonster
"The Chronicles of Dish's Love Life. I'd read it." -BrewersFuzz
"Find a way to be alone in a baseball stadium at sunrise, when the only sound you hear are about nine birds that got lost, and found themselves in a stadium, and they’re chirping across the grandstand trying to figure out where the *(censored)* they ended up." -Dan Besbris

Twitter: @robtoml_statman

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:55 am 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Brewers
Console '07: Don't Own
I take sole responsibility for the downfall of MLBPPWORLD. :) It has been my plan since day one.

I get your point but all of the new members here joined because of Power Pros, and so they're still into PP. I'm not. They all talk about roster update and logs and stuff but I just don't care about PP any more so I ignore it, also ignoring them as a side effect of that. Because I really don't care if Carlos Correa has B power or not. And then since that's all they post about(not saying there's something wrong with it, it's good people still play) I never read their posts or get to know them. Now I'm not trying to say it's their fault for not getting to know me, cuz it really is mine. :lol: but that doesn't mean I gonna take the time to read through stuff I don't care about just so people feel more accepted by me. :)

Inaugural Member of the 10,000 Post Cult

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:08 am 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Tigers
Brewers is right. I don't know many of the newer members very well (and I doubt they know much about me) because I have absolutely zero interest in a Power Pros roster update. I think it's awesome that people are doing it, it's just something I'm not interested in participating in or talking about. I also don't spend as much time on the forum as I used to, but that's a different story.

The forum will be a better place without PP27 and I doubt we'll see another argument like that without him. He was aggressive, rude, and argumentative troughout his tenure and brings out the worst in both the people on his side and against him. With him gone, I don't see there being any more problems.

Also, Zero, I don't think people dislike you. I group you into the older member group at this point.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:43 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Indians
BrewersFuzz wrote:
I take sole responsibility for the downfall of MLBPPWORLD. :) It has been my plan since day one.

I get your point but all of the new members here joined because of Power Pros, and so they're still into PP. I'm not. They all talk about roster update and logs and stuff but I just don't care about PP any more so I ignore it, also ignoring them as a side effect of that. Because I really don't care if Carlos Correa has B power or not. And then since that's all they post about(not saying there's something wrong with it, it's good people still play) I never read their posts or get to know them. Now I'm not trying to say it's their fault for not getting to know me, cuz it really is mine. :lol: but that doesn't mean I gonna take the time to read through stuff I don't care about just so people feel more accepted by me. :)

Great post, Brewers.

BrewersFuzz wrote:
AND THEN IN A SHOCKING TURN OF EVENTS CLEVELAND BLOWS THE 3-1 LEAD THIS TIME

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:44 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

detroittigers15 wrote:
Brewers is right. I don't know many of the newer members very well (and I doubt they know much about me) because I have absolutely zero interest in a Power Pros roster update. I think it's awesome that people are doing it, it's just something I'm not interested in participating in or talking about. I also don't spend as much time on the forum as I used to, but that's a different story.

The forum will be a better place without PP27 and I doubt we'll see another argument like that without him. He was aggressive, rude, and argumentative troughout his tenure and brings out the worst in both the people on his side and against him. With him gone, I don't see there being any more problems.

Also, Zero, I don't think people dislike you. I group you into the older member group at this point.

Sorry for the double response, but was PP27 banned or something?

BrewersFuzz wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:05 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

GoTwins24 wrote:
detroittigers15 wrote:

yeah, he got banned "indefinitely" by dish yesterday

first off, this is a really interesting thread

I agree, those who aren't interested in the roster update have lost touch with the newer members since all they seem to talk about is roster update this and roster update that

and yeah, it'll be interesting to see what happens with PP27 gone, hopefully nothing like this ever happens again

yeah that log's dead too- i mean on hiatus (yes that one too) (seriously all of them now lol) (haha unless...?)

"All people are good for something. The important thing is finding what." - Tom

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:
i think we banned him cause he was an idiot
glad i never got banned for that

Second Member of the 10,000 Post Cult

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:29 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

AgentP wrote:
GoTwins24 wrote:
detroittigers15 wrote:

yeah, he got banned "indefinitely" by dish yesterday

first off, this is a really interesting thread

I agree, those who aren't interested in the roster update have lost touch with the newer members since all they seem to talk about is roster update this and roster update that

and yeah, it'll be interesting to see what happens with PP27 gone, hopefully nothing like this ever happens again

Wow, banned twice. PP27 used to be a good guy back when he joined. Now all he does is cause drama.

BrewersFuzz wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:32 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

Console '07: Don't Own
So, if he tries to come on the site, would it say you are banned, or would it send email saying you are ineligible to come on site?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:38 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

would like to echo everything that dtigers said up there, he's pretty spot on. I'm gonna try to make a conscious effort to start coming back here a bit more but I'm not so sure how well that's gonna work -- for now it's the summer and I don't have much else to do so it can't hurt. I had no idea this shit was going on and the influx of members with names like "LETSGOMETS," "RANGERSMVP11," "GoTwins24" etc makes it hard to differentiate, but that's my fault more than anything.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:41 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Console '08: Wii and DS
Favorite Japanese title: (PS3) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2011
Hey now, I knew who jag was, I'd just never spoken to him for the reasons dtigers brought up. I don't look at any of the roster update threads, really, so the the two of us never had a chance to interact.

Oh well, what's done is done, and the departure of PP27 is a weight lifted.

Gonna be honest though, I still don't know most of the new members (but that's mainly because I don't go on here too much anymore)

I'll work on it, though

Money can't buy life