Power Pros Forum

A community-run forum for Power Pros
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:50 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

This forum is for discussion of anything EXCEPT MLB Power Pros, if your post does not belong here it will be moved. Thank you.
-->

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Reign of Napoleon - A Civ 5 Interactive Journey
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:54 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Red Sox
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Console '08: Wii and DS
Favorite Japanese title: (PS3) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2011
detroittigers15 wrote:
PowerPro Jr wrote:
Photography isn't even close to being invented yet :P

What would you like to see exactly?

Har Har.

Just your current territories. I like to be able to visualize what's going on.

@Tweav ill *(censored)* dunk on u

no u ain't

u kno ya boi got them ups and that height advantage

ain't even gotta mention my history in the street league U KNO

BETTER BACK UP 4 U GET REKT

Money can't buy life

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:58 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Tigers
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
Favorite Japanese title: Don't Own
Powerprosfan31 wrote:
detroittigers15 wrote:

no u ain't

fine

finna hit the step back 3

call me curry

@PPJ I'm sorry

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:01 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Red Sox
Console '08: Wii and DS
detroittigers15 wrote:
Powerprosfan31 wrote:
detroittigers15 wrote:

no u ain't

fine

finna hit the step back 3

call me curry

@PPJ I'm sorry

get outta town killa

@PPJ me too

baller log btw ;}

Money can't buy life

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:19 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Phillies
Console '07: Don't Own
Favorite Japanese title: (Vita) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2012
chef tommy with the shot, boi

Also yes PPJ I agree, we all wanna see that je ne sais quoi, bon vi bon, porquoi, etc etc.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:30 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Dodgers
Console '08: Wii and PS2
detroittigers15 wrote:

Here's everything on max video settings just 4 u, the screenshot would be too big for the forum hence the link. And heeere is a close-up of Paris.

Tdud123 wrote:
Keeps ya interested for a long time.

BrewersFuzz wrote:
I voted archer because world domination.

Yeah this is really fun to read

lmao really? I'm shocked because it seems like a lot of the turns are just me moving my Archers, which was kinda boring me to be honest. Glad you guys are enjoying it though. :)

I picked Archer as well but sadly I think we might be outnumbered here.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:48 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Brewers
Hey man, you're running the game... You're never outnumbered. ;) ;) ;)

Inaugural Member of the 10,000 Post Cult

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:25 am 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Rangers
Favorite Japanese title: (PS3) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2012
I'm also enjoying this, you're doing a good job of making it easier to understand for those of us that aren't really familiar with the game and getting people involved :)

yeah that log's dead too- i mean on hiatus (yes that one too) (seriously all of them now lol) (haha unless...?)

"All people are good for something. The important thing is finding what." - Tom

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:
i think we banned him cause he was an idiot
glad i never got banned for that

Second Member of the 10,000 Post Cult

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:41 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Tigers
PowerPro Jr wrote:
detroittigers15 wrote:

Here's everything on max video settings just 4 u, the screenshot would be too big for the forum hence the link. And heeere is a close-up of Paris.

Thanks! Looks nice.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:31 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Turn 40 - 3000 B.C. (Ancient Era) (cont.)

...and they chose to produce a new Settler. It's strange, considering how much I keep going on about how much we need to bolster our military, that they would choose to produce another civilian unit, but I guess another city would be nice. I might even let them name it, who knows.

Turn 41 - 2975 B.C. (Ancient Era)

I secretly held off production of the new Settler unit, as Paris was close to increasing its population but the growth had stopped. I attributed this to the production of said Settler unit. Once Paris' population level increases, then I will switch their production back to the Settler.

The Archers launched their first attack on the Barbarian camp, hurting them quite a bit. I had debated whether to have my Scouts help out in the battle, but the Archers seemed to have it handled quite well on their own. Therefore, I sent the Scouts southeast, where they detected another Barbarian camp.

(Barbarian unit took 31 damage)

Turn 42 - 2950 B.C. (Ancient Era)

Now that Paris has grown again, now to a population of 48,000, it was time to resume work on our Settler.

The Archers once again attacked, doing a similar amount of damage as the last time they shot at the Barbarians. Hopefully we can finish them off with our next attack, but realistically, it will probably take two more tries before they die.

The Scouts were currently separated from the Barbarians by a part of the ocean, so they had to go around in order to get a better look at the Barbarians and see whether a victory was viable.

(Barbarian unit took 29 damage)

Turn 43 - 2925 B.C. (Ancient Era)

We have finished researching Pottery! This means we have completed all four of the basic technologies, giving us an enormous array of options for our next research project. In the end, I chose to research Bronze Working, as it leads to immense military improvements, gives us access to more resources, and allows us to build our first National Wonder.

Our Archers nearly wiped out the last of the Barbarians, but there were still a few resilient souls among them. It is a shame for them that they will soon follow the same path. Meanwhile, our Scouts got a better look at the Barbarians they had found. After realizing that they were outmatched, we agreed to wait until the Archers came back to help out. In the meantime, the Scouts explored some more uncharted land.

(Barbarian unit took 36 damage)

Turn 44 - 2900 B.C. (Ancient Era)

Our Archers finally defeated the Barbarians! Once we raid their camp, they will head back to help out our Scouts. Our Scouts headed east, still in the line of sight of the Barbarians, yet far enough to be safe from an attack.

Turn 45 - 2875 B.C. (Ancient Era)

Our Archers dispersed the camp and have picked up 37 Gold from it. Soon, we will have enough Gold to purchase another military unit.

Turn 46 - 2850 B.C. (Ancient Era)

Now that their Barbarians were taken care of, the Archers headed east to help fight the ones our Scouts had found.

Turn 47 - 2825 B.C. (Ancient Era)

Our Worker unit has finally finished production of our first Silver mine! They headed northwest, where they arrived at the plot of land that would be the place for our second one.

Our Archers headed east again where they arrived at a forest just outside Paris's western border. They were gaining ground quickly, which we needed, as after heading northeast, our Scouts encountered a unit of Barbarian brutes that had left their camp.

Turn 48 - 2800 B.C. (Ancient Era)

Paris has started to demand Truffles. I have no idea who has them, as I cannot come into contact with any of the civilizations I have met so far. I asked Colombo if they had any, but they didn't, which leads me to wonder how these people had even heard of truffles in the first place. I certainly was unaware of their existence until just now.

Our Archers officially arrived in Paris. They needed to get to the Barbarians quite soon.

Turn 49 - 2775 B.C. (Ancient Era)

The Archers neared the outskirts of Paris. Hopefully they can arrive in time before our Scouts get hurt.

Turn 50 - 2750 B.C. (Ancient Era)

The Archers had appeared to move within attacking distance of the Barbarian camp. Therefore, I instructed my Scouts to move in closer as well.

With the Archers having left the city, and having accumulated enough Gold to purchase another Scout, I was left with a bit of a conundrum. Should I buy a Scout, should I buy more land for Paris, or should I save up my Gold for more important units? I decided to let my citizens take this one...

Here's the next poll! I am currently at 194 Gold. What should I do with it?

1. Purchase a Scout (costs 190 Gold) - Would aid in attacking Barbarians, but keep in mind it is not a very strong unit. Would also help me explore more of the world, as I believe there is a Civilization north of us that I would like to see.

2. Buy 2 land tiles (costs 185 Gold) - Would give us the potential to add more food and production to Paris. However, land can expand on its own through time, though incredibly slowly. One of the tiles also has Deer on it, which would be useful after Trapping is researched. We are not bordering anyone else, so we would not have much of an advantage over other Civs should we buy them.

3. Save up my Gold (costs 0 Gold) - Would allow us to purchase more useful units in the future, such as Workers or Archers. Not the best option in the short-term, but could provide the biggest reward in the long-term.

Since this choice isn't stopping me from progressing with the game, I will likely continue updating while the poll is still active.

Edit: aaaand it appears the poll has been *(censored)* up.

I'm just going to use Strawpoll for these from now on. To vote on the poll, click HERE.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:41 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Turn 51 - 2725 B.C. (Ancient Era)

While the citizens were still debating what to do with our Gold, our military had some Barbarians to kill. I had our Archers launch the first strike on the Barbarian camp, hurting them quite a bit. Afterwards, even though there was a different Barbarian unit next to them, I had my Scouts attack the same unit, as they were stationed in a camp, which we needed to wipe out. Our Scouts did slightly better than expected, as despite being slightly weaker, they put up quite a fight.

With two units taking on the Barbarians instead of the usual one, we should be able to kill them quicker than ever before! In fact, I estimate we can take out the camp with our units' next attacks! Am I getting too excited about this? Eh, maybe just a little bit. But when it comes to killing Barbarians, can you ever get too excited?

(Barbarian unit took 60 damage (31 from Archers, 29 from Scouts, Scout unit took 29 damage)

Turn 52 - 2700 B.C. (Ancient Era)

We were able to take out the Barbarian camp and recover 37 Gold, but not before they spawned a new unit. I fear that our Scout unit will be killed, especially after the damage they suffered while battling the last of the Barbarians. The new unit isn't as defensively strong due to their camp being wiped out, so hopefully our Archers can kill them before they reach Paris.

(Barbarian camp wiped out! Scout unit took 29 damage)

Turn 53 - 2675 B.C. (Ancient Era)

My worst hopes became reality, as our Scout was indeed killed in the line of battle. We have enough gold for a new one, but my citizens wanted me to save it. Once we get enough gold, I decided I would buy a Warrior unit for support, as they would do much better in battle than a Scout would. I needed 32 more Gold to immediately get another Warrior unit, so I might have to wait a little bit unless there are some ancient ruins nearby.

In the meantime, my Archers attacked the Barbarian unit that had killed our Scout. I could tell they were angered, as they did far more damage than any of their previous attacks.

(Barbarian unit took 67 damage (43 from Archers, 24 from Scouts, Scout unit died ;_;7)

Turn 54 - 2650 B.C. (Ancient Era)

Our Archers have really stepped it up in the wake of our Scout unit's death. They are becoming increasingly effective dealing with opponents in the rough terrain, and with their attack, they killed off one of the two Barbarian units. They should be able to finish off the other one without even a scratch on their armor. I am very proud of their accomplishments, that's for sure!

(Barbarian unit killed)

Turn 55 - 2625 B.C. (Ancient Era)

With French culture continuing to grow, the time has come to draw up another social policy. I decided to adopt the Military Tradition policy, as the only other choice required multiple units to be effective, something we do not have right now.

Another Pantheon has been founded. Reports are that an aspect of that Pantheon requires the citizens to treat their leader like a god. While it might have been nice to adopt that one for myself, the people of Paris are already calling me Napoleon the Great. I don't need my ego to get inflated even more.

With the first Barbarian unit in the area having been destroyed, we turned our attention to the next and last one. They were trying to flee from us, but were still within striking distance of our Archers. So, naturally, we shot at them. After our attack, it looked like they were down to less than half of their original men, so it shouldn't take long for us to take out the unit completely.

(Barbarian unit took 31 damage)

Turn 56 - 2600 B.C. (Ancient Era)

Many things - both good and bad - happened inside Paris. We finished up our Bronze Working project, but the Barbarian unit had entered Paris. The Barbarians had arrived at our Silver mine with the intent of destroying it; luckily, Paris' attacks killed them before they even had the chance to start.

With our Archers having nothing to attack, they ventured north, where a new Barbarian camp had reportedly been formed.

For our new project, I decided to research The Wheel, as my two most trusted advisors (economic and military, in that order) had recommended it.

Turn 57 - 2575 B.C. (Ancient Era)

Our Archers headed north.

Our Worker unit is nearing completion of their second Silver mine, and Paris is nearing completion of their Settler unit. While I was against the idea at first, I am now definitely excited for our new city to be produced.

Turn 58 - 2550 B.C. (Ancient Era)

With the mine having been finished, I sent the Workers west, where they would work on building yet another Silver mine. It might be tedious, but we have to make use of our resources.

Our Archers arrived near the Barbarian camp, where it appeared that they, too, had discovered archery. This might be our toughest battle yet. Nevertheless, our Archers still had enough energy left to launch their first attack, which means we have a huge advantage in this battle.

(Barbarian Archers take 35 damage)

Turn 59 - 2525 B.C. (Ancient Era)

Production of the Settler has finally been finished! With that taken care of, I had Paris start work on making a Spearman unit, which was a melee unit more powerful than a Warrior that was made possible to produce through the completion of Bronze Working. Science sure is great, isn't it?

After careful deliberation, our Settlers ended up heading west, as an area rich in both Gold and Cattle was rumored to be in that direction. Meanwhile, our Workers started production on the new mine.

Our Archers launched their next attack, and mon dieu, what an attack it was! Maybe this battle will not be so tough after all.

(Barbarian Archers take 50! damage)

Turn 60 - 2500 B.C. (Ancient Era)

The Archers completely wiped out the Barbarian camp with no damage at all to show for it. I definitely underestimated them, that's for sure. Interesting how the Barbarians didn't even attack us once despite us being right next to each other. They were definitely much more stupid than I thought...

Turn 61 - 2475 B.C. (Ancient Era)

The Archers finished dispersing the Barbarian camp, recovering 37 Gold from it. I had originally planned on buying a new Warrior, but I think I will save up for another Worker unit for our eventual new city. After our Archers were finished with the camp, they headed southeast, where there was yet another camp waiting for them.

Turn 62 - 2450 B.C. (Ancient Era)

The Archers headed further east, and the Settler headed further west, where they were quite close to their destination.

Turn 63 - 2425 B.C. (Ancient Era)

The Archers headed east again, but the big news is that the Settlers finally arrived at their destination! They got to quick work setting their city up, all that was left was to name it. And who better to name it than...

my citizens, of course! Surely they are mature and scholarly enough to think up a wonderful name for our new city!

Okay, citizens! This is going to be slightly different from how I normally do our polls. This time, you guys are gonna PM me your ideas for new names for our city. I will take pretty much any name, though my personal opinion of you might decrease depending on the names you send. You can send as many names at a time as you so desire.

Of the names you send me, I will pick some out and put them in a poll. I might even make it into a tournament, who knows! Just send me those city names! Blow up my inbox!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:32 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

In case you needed to know where the new city is located geographically, here is the new map of France:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:34 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Angels
Favorite Japanese title: (Wii) Jikkyou Powerful Major League 2009
You still playing

Cleveland Browns : The Race For Last Place
2018 MLBPP Update

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:45 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Blue Jays
Kungfupandacam wrote:
You still playing

it's been 2 days

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:36 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Prediction wrote:
Kungfupandacam wrote:
You still playing

it's been 2 days

lel

I'll resume as soon as a couple more people send in some more city name suggestions

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:38 am 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Alright, so I have decided to end the brainstorming portion of the process. It is now time to make your decisions. I have filed the names into 2 polls, I encourage you all to vote in both. The winners of each will be pitted head-to-head against each other.

The poll with regular city names is HERE, and the poll with your "hilarious" name suggestions is HERE, so go ahead, go nuts, go apeshit.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next