Power Pros Forum

A community-run forum for Power Pros
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

This forum is for discussion of anything EXCEPT MLB Power Pros, if your post does not belong here it will be moved. Thank you.
-->

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Reign of Napoleon - A Civ 5 Interactive Journey
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:36 am 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Brewers
Console '07: Don't Own
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
Favorite Japanese title: Don't Own
Shoutout to AgentP for also submitting good names. :)

Inaugural Member of the 10,000 Post Cult

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:51 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Rangers
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Favorite Japanese title: (PS3) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2012
BrewersFuzz wrote:
Shoutout to AgentP for also submitting good names. :)

ayy (lmao)

I voted for Versailles (although I also liked Lyon) and ayy lmao (although I also liked Deez Nuts)

"I liked Deez Nuts" would sound really strange out of context.

In context, though, it sounds even stranger.

NAPOLI FOR MVP

"All people are good for something. The important thing is finding what." - Tom

post count doesn't matter

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:
i think we banned him cause he was an idiot
glad i never got banned for that

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:08 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Dodgers
Console '08: Wii and PS2
Favorite Japanese title: (PS3) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2011
Alright, I'm gonna end the voting here. Versailles is our winner for the regular name poll and for the tiebreaker, I'm gonna go ahead and give the win to ayy lmao for the "Super Funny" poll since Versailles was Brewers' suggestion and I'd prefer the two winners be from different users.

The last poll for this is HERE. Please think critically and carefully about your selection.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:52 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Well I don't stand a chance now. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:44 am 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Turn 63 - 2425 B.C. (Ancient Era) (cont.)

Despite a small scare, our citizens have chosen the wonderful name of Versailles to give to our new city. With everything now made official, it was time for Versailles to start producing! I immediately had Versailles start production on a new Scout unit, as there was still much of the world left unexplored and we couldn't just sit here and fight Barbarians the entire time.

Turn 64 - 2400 B.C. (Ancient Era)

As luck would have it, a Barbarian camp has spawned quite close to Versailles' western border. After careful deliberation, I decided I would spend our Gold on a new Archer unit instead of saving up for a Worker as I originally intended. After the Archer unit was successfully purchased, we were down to 33 Gold. We should be able to gradually make it back through the destruction of Barbarian camps and any new ancient ruins we find along the way.

Our older Archer unit came across some Barbarians that had already looked like they had been attacked before. We managed to wipe them out in only one attack as a result.

Turn 65 - 2375 B.C. (Ancient Era)

Our brand-new Archer unit launched their first attack on the Barbarian camp from within the Versailles borders, giving them a good stun. The older Archers found a Barbarian camp that looked like it had been attacked before as well. Our Archers' attack sent them to their very last men.

(Barbarian unit near Versailles took 34 damage from newer Archers, Barbarian unit well northeast of Paris took 29 damage from older Archers)

Turn 66 - 2350 B.C. (Ancient Era)

The camp near Versailles that our newer Archers were dealing with had been deserted, yet somehow not dispersed. Apparently the Barbarians inside the camp had left to go attack Colombo, as we saw them in that territory from afar. While I am glad we dispersed the camp, and that 37 Gold we got from it is certainly nice to have, our job wasn't finished yet.

I spoke with the leader of Colombo and he said he would be "forever grateful" if we got rid of the Barbarians from his homeland. While I am not exactly the biggest fan of city-states, I cannot say no to anything involving getting rid of those pesky Barbarians.

Speaking of, our older Archers killed the Barbarian unit they were dealing with! They only have one more unit to face, and then they will be in the clear.

Turn 67 - 2325 B.C. (Ancient Era)

We have struck our very first trade agreement with another Civilization! I agreed to accept an Aztec embassy in Paris in exchange for 45 Gold, set to be paid out periodically.

Our newer Archers headed north, where they reached the border of Colombo. They should launch their attack quite soon. Meanwhile, our older Archers launched their first attack on the Barbarians they were fighting.

(Barbarian unit took 33 damage from older Archers)

Turn 68 - 2300 B.C. (Ancient Era)

We have finished researching The Wheel! On top of that, we killed the Barbarians spotted inside Colombo. There looked to be a civilian unit traveling with them, perhaps they could be useful to one of our cities.

Our older Archers attacked again, performing slightly better this time around.

I decided to have France research Writing for our next project, as I believe I am currently the only French person with such a capability. Being able to write is pretty neat, I guess, so I figured I might as well let the citizens try it out themselves.

(Barbarian unit took 38 damage from older Archers)

Turn 69 - 2275 B.C. (Ancient Era)

People across France have been making really weird jokes and gestures recently. Most of this behavior has been exhibited by children, I'd say ages 10-14, but I've seen teenagers and even grown adults doing them as well. I have no idea what's going on or why they're doing this, but if they're getting amusement out of it, then who am I to judge?

Anyways, our older Archers have finally destroyed the Barbarian unit. All that is left for them to do is disperse the camp.

The Barbarian civilian unit keeps trying to flee. I am confident we will catch them, as we know this area far better than they do.

Our Worker unit has finished up its third silver mine! I sent them out west, where they would build our first Iron mine.

Turn 70 - 2250 B.C. (Ancient Era)

Our Spearman unit has finally been produced! Just in time as well, as reports are that another Barbarian camp was spotted southeast of Paris. When will these people stop popping up everywhere!

I decided to have Paris produce a Caravan unit, as we needed a steady source of Gold, and a Caravan would definitely help in that regard.

Our Worker has started construction on our first Iron mine. It's pretty amazing how rich we are in precious minerals.

As it turns out, the Barbarian civilian unit had fled straight into another camp! It seems as though our newer Archers will have to fight yet again. At least the older Archers dispersed the camp they had been dealing with.

With the older Archers having nothing planned for a while now, I faced a bit of a conundrum. Should I have them go further away from Paris and explore more of the world, or should I have them come back to France and help out our current units as they head into battle? I decided to let the French people handle this one...

What should I do with the older Archers? Should they come back, or go further away from France? They are quite far away, but who knows how our Spearmen will do...

You can make your decision HERE.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
BrewersFuzz wrote:
Well I don't stand a chance now. :lol:

u sure bout that

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:59 am 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Hey Versailles won :)

I voted to keep them going because Paris is fine without them. You have enough other units nearby

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:07 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Tigers
lol'd at turn 69.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:18 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

detroittigers15 wrote:
lol'd at turn 69.

lmao I didn't even get it the first time I read the update. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:31 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Turn 71 - 2225 B.C. (Ancient Era)

Per the request of the French citizens, my older Archer unit went further northeast, in hopes of finding new lands.

Our newer Archer unit began their battle by immediately attacking the Barbarians. This should be another victory for us, and from judging the surrounding areas, it appears their Worker unit has nowhere else to go. Our Spearmen headed east, looking to get closer to the Barbarians that they were about to fight.

(Barbarian unit took 32 damage from newer Archers)

Turn 72 - 2200 B.C. (Ancient Era)

Our older Archers discovered some ancient ruins! However, one of Montezuma's military units had also discovered the ruins, basically turning this into a race to see who can reach them first. Sadly, I fear they might get to the ruins before we do.

Our newer Archers attacked again, getting progressively better as the battle drags on. I hope we can take out the Brutes with our next attack, but that seems unlikely.

Our Spearmen have officially started their first battle, and it wasn't too bad. The Barbarians managed to produce a similar, yet weaker version of the Spearman unit, which is still stronger than their usual Brutes. Nevertheless, our guys should win their very first battle as a unit.

(Barbarian Brutes took 36 damage, Barbarian Spearmen took 34 damage, French Spearmen took 24 damage)

Turn 73 - 2175 B.C. (Ancient Era)

Our older Archers found a Barbarian camp. Just as we take are about to take out one, another pops up. Oh well, it's easy money for us and our military does get some good experience from the fights.

Our newer Archers disappointed with their latest attack, as I felt they should have been able to wipe out the Barbarians, yet they will live another day. It's quite an inconvenience for me, imagining how we could have done things a bit faster had we completed our goal with this attack.

Lastly, our Spearmen put up a pretty boring fight, truth be told. Not a lot of damage was taken by either side compared to previous battles.

(Barbarian Brutes took 30 damage, Barbarian Spearmen took 28 damage, French Spearmen took 19 damage)

Turn 74 - 2150 B.C. (Ancient Era)

A poll has just come out ranking how much money each civilization has in their treasury. With our 130 Gold, we were ranked 6th out of 8, which is not surprising given the money I spent to acquire an Archer. Frankly, I'm surprised we weren't ranked lower! Montezuma led the pack with 301 Gold.

Our newer Archers finally killed their Barbarians, and the Spearmen are very close to taking out the ones they had been fighting.

With the new Barbarian camp discovered in our older Archers' area, Montezuma's Jaguars started to focus on them instead of the ancient ruins. As a result, I told the Archers to try and sneak into the ruins before anyone else notices. We should be able to see whether this plan will work very soon.

In other news, Versailles has now reached a population of 6,000. I am excited for the population in both of our cities to grow even further.

(Barbarian Spearmen took 34 damage, French Spearmen took 20 damage)

Turn 75 - 2125 B.C. (Ancient Era)

Our plan did not work, and Montezuma officially got whatever reward the ancient ruins had brought him. So, out of nothing but pure bitterness, I decided to flee the scene and let him try and handle 3 Barbarian units with his 1 Jaguar unit.

Our newer Archers dispersed the camp. There was a Worker unit in the camp that used to be from Colombo. While they wanted to return home, I convinced them to come to France, where Workers are much more valued in society. It wasn't really difficult to convince them, as all we had to do is remind them that they'd never get kidnapped as French civilians.

Despite the fact that we took their Workers, the fact that we dispersed a Barbarian camp near their borders was enough for Colombo to declare us as friends of their city-state.

Our Spearman won their battle, and dispersed yet another camp. Another Barbarian unit had been produced in the meantime, but we should be able to take them out as well.

Turn 76 - 2100 B.C. (Ancient Era)

Both of our Archers had basically nothing to so, so I sent the newer ones east and the older ones back north, where they got to witness the battle between the Jaguars and the Barbarians. I have to admit, it's pretty entertaining when you aren't involved.

We had our own battle to deal with, as our Spearmen started their fight with the new Barbarian unit. They easily triumphed in the struggle, and we estimate that they will be killed with our next attack.

Turn 77 - 2075 B.C. (Ancient Era)

Harun al-Rashid recently offered us a deal that we would be stupid not to accept. He would be giving us 315 Gold, due to be paid in installments, in exchange for some of our Silver, something we have an incredible surplus of.

Our Spearmen officially killed the Barbarians they had battled with, and the rest of our units just kept traveling in the direction of uncharted lands.

Turn 78 - 2050 B.C. (Ancient Era)

Our new Workers have reached Versailles, and our older Archers decided to snake Montezuma's units by officially killing one of the Barbarian units his Jaguars had been fighting.

Turn 79 - 2025 B.C. (Ancient Era)

We have finished researching Writing! This discovery will help us research other new technologies even faster. Since we were located near a body of water, I had our scientists research Sailing next.

Our new Workers decided to build the first Farm in Versailles.

Our older Archers killed another Barbarian unit, but that would be our last battle for a while. I don't want to get sidetracked from our original mission.

Turn 80 - 2000 B.C. (Ancient Era)

For a small amount of Gold, we were able to set up our first embassy in the Arabian capital of Mecca.

Versailles has demanded Marble for some reason. We have found a source of it in our travels but the plot of land is right next to Mecca.

A Barbarian camp has been formed quite close to Paris. I will most likely have to send my Spearmen back to France in order to face them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
No poll for this post, but I just wanted to ask: What is your guys' opinion of the amount of colors being used so far? I feel like I might be overdoing it a bit, but I want to hear your thoughts. Do they make the log easier or more difficult to read overall?

detroittigers15 wrote:
lol'd at turn 69.

Glad someone picked up on it

Last edited by PowerPro Jr on Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:41 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Meh, I think the colors are alright, there's a ton of text in a log like this so I don't think there's much you can do to make it look that interesting, the value is in the updates themselves. I don't really care what they look like here. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:11 am 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Tigers
I think the color scheme is great how it is, assuming you'll assign a new color to each new civilization you meet.

In other news, this log inspired me to start a Civ game (therefore I started after you), and I'm on turn 289.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:13 pm 
Ace
Ace

Favorite Team: Astros
I like the coloring but the Jaguar isn't colored, might want to fix that.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:36 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Angels
Favorite Japanese title: (Wii) Jikkyou Powerful Major League 2009
Nothing is wrong!

Cleveland Browns : The Race For Last Place
2018 MLBPP Update

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:03 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Turn 81 - 1975 B.C. (Ancient Era)

Our Caravan has been produced by Paris! I had them establish a trade route to Mecca, the only other "big" city in the area.

I decided Paris' next project would be to build a Great Library, one that would be like none other in the world. It would provide terrific boosts to our culture and science, and perhaps it will allow us to have some of our citizens reach their full potential. Ultimately, it was time for France to have her first World Wonder, as we needed something to really help us stand out above other civilizations.

Turn 82 - 1950 B.C. (Ancient Era)

Another Barbarian camp has emerged, this one dangerously close to Versailles' southeast border. I decided to leave them be for now, as if they attack us, we will be more than ready for them, and if they attack Colombo, then we will have enough time to build up our military to attack them.

In other news, Arabia has entered the Classical Era. I don't find it to be a big deal, as they simply decided to research different technologies than us. They might even have researched a fewer amount than us, so really, there isn't any need to be envious.

Our newer Archers found yet another Barbarian camp, so I guess we'll be fighting them quite soon. I wish we could find something cool again, like some more ruins or something like Old Faithful that we found a while back. I just want something different, something more peaceful, you know?

Turn 83 - 1925 B.C. (Ancient Era)

We can adopt a new Social Policy! I decided to continue in my efforts to complete all the Honor policies by choosing to write the Discipline policy.

Our newer Archers struck first against the Barbarians they encountered, hurting them pretty badly. It should be yet another victory for France.

(Barbarian unit took 32 damage from newer Archers)

Turn 84 - 1900 B.C. (Ancient Era)

Our newer Archers attacked again. These battles are getting pretty tedious, but it isn't like we have anything better to do.

(Barbarian unit took 34 damage from newer Archers)

Turn 85 - 1875 B.C. (Ancient Era)

Our older Archers had come across a Barbarian unit that had been following them, so they attacked and killed those Barbarians. While I said the battles were getting repetitive, the end product will never get old to me.

Our newer Archers did far worse, as they failed to finish off their Barbarians. A boat has also appeared in that area, which looked like it was filled with Barbarians as well. How in the world did they of all people manage to figure out how to sail?

Our Spearmen were also involved in a brawl with Barbarians. These ones in particular were Archers, meaning they were substantially weaker than the average Barbarian melee unit. This allowed us to nearly take them all out in only one attack.

The best part about all these battles is the amount of culture we will be gaining through our victories. I have always dreamed of having the most influential culture in the world ever since France was established, and our military doing so well in battle is helping fulfill that dream. The Gold we get from the cleared camps is pretty nice as well.

Our Parisian Workers have finished up their Iron mine, so I sent them slightly southeast, where they started work on another farm, located in the Parisian plains.

(Barbarian unit took 24 damage from newer Archers, (Barbarian Archers took 85 damage from Spearmen)

Turn 86 - 1850 B.C. (Ancient Era)

Our Spearmen and newer Archers have successfully killed the Barbarians they were dealing with, with the former recovering 37 Gold from the camp they dispersed.

In much bigger news, France and Arabia are now officially allies! It was only a matter of time before this happened, as we are the only two known civilizations in our known area and have somewhat of a trading history with each other. This should lead the way for some wonderful collaborations between the two civilizations.

Turn 87 - 1825 B.C. (Ancient Era)

Our newer Archers cleared a Barbarian camp and collected 37 more Gold for France. Afterwards, they attacked the Barbarian ship I had previously mentioned, taking out around half of their troops.

Another Pantheon has been founded somewhere else. It's kind of funny how much slower most other civilizations took to found one, but we'd probably be in the same boat if not for the ancient ruins we had found.

Now that we were allies, I was trying to get Harun al-Rashid to establish an embassy in Paris, but apparently Arabia hasn't discovered Writing yet. And yet they are somehow considered to be in a more "advanced" era than us. Just goes to show you how much that actually means.

(Barbarian Galley took 42 damage)

Turn 88 - 1800 B.C. (Ancient Era)

Our Archers attacked the ship again, doing literally the exact same amount of damage as before. I would have liked them to destroy the ship entirely, but I guess I can't complain too much.

(Barbarian Galley took 42 damage)

Turn 89 - 1775 B.C. (Ancient Era)

Harun has apparently just discovered Writing, as he has offered 52 Gold in exchange for an embassy in Paris. I accepted the deal, noting that we received more gold from him than he did from us for our embassy in Mecca.

We have also just discovered Sailing! Our military should be much more diverse and our exploration should take a lot less time as a result.

I moved my military units accordingly, meaning there was only one thing left to do: choose a new research project. Since my citizens did such an excellent job choosing before, I decided to give them an opportunity to do it again. With a lot more options this time around, I decided to do them a favor and narrow it down to exactly 4 choices, the same amount they had in the last poll.

I'm currently out of new poll ideas, so here's a rehash of a previous one. There are a bit more factors to take into account with this poll, and I won't disclose what my advisers suggested as I feel that may skew things a bit. So, here are the choices:

1. Calendar - After this project is finished, France will be able to build the World Wonder Stonehenge and a Stone Works building. Stonehenge would not only give us another World Wonder (should we build it before anyone else), but would also increase the amount of Faith and engineering capabilities of French citizens. Our Workers would also be able to construct Plantations on areas with Luxury Resources, increasing food growth in the city where the resource is located. Completing the Calendar project would pave the way for one new available project: Philosophy. Takes approximately 9 turns to finish.

2. Trapping - After this project is finished, France will be able to build the Circus, which would increase Happiness, and would allow our Workers to construct camps in areas where there are Deer, Ivory, Fur, and Truffles. These camps would give France a source of the aforementioned luxury resources, increasing Happiness in the civilization. As of now, there is a source of Ivory in Paris, a source of Deer right outside Paris' northeast border, and a source of Fur just outside Versailles' southeast border. Completing the Trapping project would pave the way for one new available project: Horseback Riding. Takes approximately 9 turns to finish.

3. Optics - After this project is finished, France will be able to build the Lighthouse (you), which would help us gain food from land near the ocean, and the World Wonder Great Lighthouse (me), which would increase our culture and our merchant production in addition to helping out our naval units. French land units would also have the ability to embark into the ocean upon the project's completion. Completing the Optics project would pave the way for one new available project: the Compass. Takes approximately 14 turns to finish.

4. Mathematics - After this project is finished, France will be able to build the Catapult, a ranged military unit that is effective against both fellow military units and cities, a Courthouse, which would eliminate Unhappiness from any city we conquer, should we go that route, and the World Wonder Hanging Gardens, which provides a small amount of culture to France and a very large amount of food to the city it is built in. It does, however, require the adoption of the Tradition policy in order to be built. Completing the Mathematics project would pave the way for two new available projects: Currency and Engineering. Takes approximately 17 turns to finish.

Cast your vote HERE~!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

detroittigers15 wrote:
I think the color scheme is great how it is, assuming you'll assign a new color to each new civilization you meet.

In other news, this log inspired me to start a Civ game (therefore I started after you), and I'm on turn 289.

You have this on Steam? If so, what is your username there?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:13 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

I voted trapping cuz that's like, all France did in America and that's the only place that matter IRL.

Yes dtigers what is your steam name we must be friends.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next