Power Pros Forum

A community-run forum for Power Pros
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 143 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: New Mod?
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:14 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Yankees
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
DeathJohnson wrote:
I don't know why the site thinks he's on sometimes...

Probably because he's on sometimes :D . The site wasn't working for two days till he fixed it (or that's my guess).

- When you come to a fork in the road, take it.
- When asked if he wanted a pizza cut into 4/8 slices, Yogi responds with "Better cut it into 4, I don't think I could eat 8."
-Always go to other peoples' funerals otherwise they won't go to yours.
-I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.
-In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is.
-It's tough to make predictions, especially about the future.
I'm on vacation for about a month.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:32 am 
All-Star
All-Star

Favorite Team: Red Sox
What I don't understand is if he's on so much why does he never do anything that we can prove he did, is he trying to be like god? :P

He never posts and that topic titled "Please Delete" has been here for ages.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:37 am 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Giants
Favorite Japanese title: (DS) Nettou! Powerful Koushien
lanceberkman wrote:
DS is on again!!!!!

shut up.
Redsoxman53 wrote:
:bowdown:

shut up.

DeathJohnson wrote:
that topic titled "Please Delete" has been here for ages.

which one? :|

"I accept that other people have different preferences. Even when those preferences include facial tattoos and stretch pants constructed from sufficient material to shelter a small village. And their livestock. Some men enjoy dancing with other men without their tops on while others prefer the company of a woman two KFC family buckets away from upsetting the planet's rotational axis."
-David Thorne

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:08 am 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Yankees
Because it's not really important. Nothing important here is happening till/if Power Pros comes back again. The main purpose of these forums was not just to talk, but to gather information about MLB Power Pros and put it in the wiki. I think that's what matters more to him (understandibly), so that's why he's not doing too much. Plus, the please delete isn't really that important or anything.

- When you come to a fork in the road, take it.
- When asked if he wanted a pizza cut into 4/8 slices, Yogi responds with "Better cut it into 4, I don't think I could eat 8."
-Always go to other peoples' funerals otherwise they won't go to yours.
-I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.
-In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is.
-It's tough to make predictions, especially about the future.
I'm on vacation for about a month.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:16 am 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

yes, but ALL those please delete topics and old requests that are done are taking up a lot of space.

"I accept that other people have different preferences. Even when those preferences include facial tattoos and stretch pants constructed from sufficient material to shelter a small village. And their livestock. Some men enjoy dancing with other men without their tops on while others prefer the company of a woman two KFC family buckets away from upsetting the planet's rotational axis."
-David Thorne

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:08 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Console '08: Wii and DS
When he comes on, he just looks at the free for fall so I'm guessing he just comes on to see the state of power pros thread.

On another note, we need to keep that thread clean because people keep ruining it and alot of people are coming on just to look at that thread now so that needs to be fixed

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:41 pm 
Community Manager
Community Manager

Favorite Team: Tigers
Favorite Japanese title: (Wii) Jikkyou Powerful Major League 2009
Darkshade hinted at something when I pm-ed him recently:

Darkshade wrote:
I haven't noticed anyone able to step up to the plate and become a new moderator, so I can't say when any of this will get 'fixed'.

It was about the state of the forums, and I replied with saying to look @ this topic.

"Another year older, another year better at Power Pros!" -Me
"Best way to get laid: Tell her you're the community manager of a baseball video game forum." -SkittleMonster
"The Chronicles of Dish's Love Life. I'd read it." -BrewersFuzz
"Find a way to be alone in a baseball stadium at sunrise, when the only sound you hear are about nine birds that got lost, and found themselves in a stadium, and they’re chirping across the grandstand trying to figure out where the *(censored)* they ended up." -Dan Besbris

Twitter: @robtoml_statman

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:46 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

I guess you can say this is "stalking" but when darkshade was online, I pressed the button that said: who is online? and it showed that he was composing private messages so I kept checking and I guess he was composing messages to you. But there really is noone that stands out as someone that deserves to be a mod which is definatly a problem if we want a new mod or two.

Maybe you should also PM him about other topics that have had spam fights, bad posts or maybe the last few pages of the michael jackson pages. Those are threads that you should tell him to look at so he knows whats happening, but maybe you should find other examples too I guess

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:49 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

nice little baseball analogy there...

anyways, we still have to do SOMETHING.
I mean, with MLBPP09 still not announced and spamming galore, we really DO need to fix it, but with the inactivity of the mods and none of us having the power to do much about any of it, it's not going to be very easy.
countless topics have been destroyed just because of this nonsensical bickering that's been going on (although the michael jackson's death topic was pointless anyways, one death topic is enough [Billy Mays].)
I just don't know.
We DO need to start thinking of something though.
jacobye46 wrote:
I guess you can say this is "stalking" but when darkshade was online, I pressed the button that said: who is online? and it showed that he was composing private messages so I kept checking and I guess he was composing messages to you. But there really is noone that stands out as someone that deserves to be a mod which is definatly a problem if we want a new mod or two.

Maybe you should also PM him about other topics that have had spam fights, bad posts or maybe the last few pages of the michael jackson pages. Those are threads that you should tell him to look at so he knows whats happening, but maybe you should find other examples too I guess

exactly.
it would help if we found all the bad topics and send the links to him or something.
but sooner or later, if we don't do anything, gq's gonna have a lot of company.

-David Thorne

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:16 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Cubs
Console '07: Sony PS2
Console '08: Sony PS2
Favorite Japanese title: Don't Own
if 09 comes out,watch him suddenly become instict active

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:00 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Astros
Console '07: Wii and PS2
Console '08: Wii and PS2
Favorite Japanese title: (Wii) Jikkyou Powerful Major League 2009
Could we at least have a stand-in mod or something? If he notices this then he needs to fix it or get someone to fix it or it's only going to get worse...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:10 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Mariners
Console '07: Sony PS2
SORRY guys for fighting i'm calm right now but if someone makes a retarded remark about me i'm goin have mouthful of stuff for them

The reason why Outworld hadn’t went for their tenth win against Earth realm is because Raiden threatened to get Chuck Norris. Archeologists unearthed an old english dictionary dating back to the year 1236. It defined "victim" as "one who has encountered Chuck Norris"
Chuck doesn’t wash his dishes, they get clean out of fear
Although it is not common knowledge, there are actually three sides to the Force: the light side, the dark side, and Chuck Norris.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:08 pm 
Intimidator
Intimidator

Favorite Team: Rays
Yes, a new mod would be good, but guys with the amount of traffic we have here now just one mod coming on to check in with us continually would be enough.

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3276

It's going to be great!!!

Time to stop the spam!!!

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3294

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:14 am 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Pirates
We can help the forums in ways without being a moderator. If someone keeps pointlessly :bump: -ing topics that are dead and have no value (i.e. FFA topics about something that happened last year), you could send them a PM and tell them to stop doing that. This forum is for helping people at MLB Power Pros and for news about MLB Power Pros, which is the reason someone joins this forum. Remind them that this forum is to help people in the way it has no doubt helped them if they've taken the time to look at some of the great information posted by people which I never would have thought of. That should help the problem, even if you're not a moderator.

The only thing you can do as a moderator to help the forums that you can't do as a normal user is to delete, lock, and sticky topics, which can be avoided also if people merely stop posting on them. So, we don't really need a topic if we do what we've been saying all along: just moderate yourself.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:16 am 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

we have tried to "moderate" some of these things, and it doesn't exactly work wonders.
I'm not saying we shouldn't try, but past experience says it's easier said than done, apple.

-David Thorne

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 143 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next