Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Braves
Console '07: Sony PS2
Console '08: Sony PS2
MrWelz wrote:
cooldude1045 wrote:
Rand wrote:
GameSpot has a preview up as well, but it doesn't tell much. Apparently the DS version will be missing the Success and MLB Life modes though :(
That pretty much kills my interest in that version.

Yeah that's pretty much 99% of the game to me. And why would it come out later if it skipped those modes.

I can't believe they weren't smart enough to incorporate success mode. I know there is only so much they can fit into a DS, but seriously, I would buy a DS and Mlbpp 08' for the SOLE purpose of being able to create characters on the road, and I don't think I'm the only one. They should come out with another game that only has success mode, and make sure it is compatible with the Wii.

C'mon Nintendo! You're blowin' it!!!

I agree but they might be thinkin' about the Wifi (or at least I hope so) capabilities and probably gonna market around that aspect. Though the Wifi isn't enough for me. Rather have Success mode!

Post subject: Re: IGN hands-on with MLPP 08
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:27 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Angels
Yeah, Jikkyou Power Puro 10 has Success Mode, which I ended up playing and getting my character kicked out of school in since I can't speak Japanese. It also already has Wifi and an awesome/hard card game version of baseball. If the DS version really doesn't have Success Mode at least, I probably will skip over it. Nothing more powerful than showing how you feel about a game where it hurts, in their pockets.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:34 am 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Dodgers
i personally think the hot and cold zone displays are ok but would not use it in season mode or against a 2nd player. i usually do a scouting report (of sorts) before a game by checking opponent player abilities and cold/hot zones myself then memorizing them. i guess it would come in handy for novices that want a handicap and for practice drills.

yeah it looks like Mr. Merluzzi & the PA announcer are back to multilate more names the second time around. i would totally rather have the japanese commentators than this nonsense. the mute function will become handy once again..

also, i noticed the same stadium music in the gameplay vids which makes me wonder exactly how much has been changed from mlbpp1 to mlbpp2. according to http://www.2ksports.com/games/mlbpp2008 it looks as though the Wii and PS2 versions will NOT be having online capabilities which is truely a shame!! if what i've heard is correct, they do in fact have online play available on the original versions in japan. i really think 2k is to blame for these updates/corrections (or lack thereof) on the new version. they went as far as creating a thread on their official site asking players what would they like to see in the new version but seemingly did very little to pay attention to what we wanted. i can't really say im surprised though considering the tons of player gripes i've read on other 2k games. it looks like diehard mlbpp players will be forced to buy the Wii/PS2 versions for Success and MLB life modes and the DS to finally be able to test our skills against fellow mlbpp players with wireless play.

please 2k, PROVE ME WRONG!!!!! :?

We're still waiting 2K!! :roll:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 3:18 pm 
Designated Poster
Designated Poster

Favorite Team: Blue Jays
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
"Import their Wii-based characters, Miis, from their Wii or Wii Remote to become part of the exciting action!"

This was form IGN. Anyone plan on using their Mii characters?

What was the color of dirt BEFORE it got dirty?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:33 pm 
Ace
Ace

Favorite Team: Padres
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
FoxTrump wrote:
"Import their Wii-based characters, Miis, from their Wii or Wii Remote to become part of the exciting action!"

The mode will be the same as last year's mode where it's only in exhibition mode. I've tried it once on 07 but 3 innings isn't enough not to mention that you can't pick the Miis you want to use. Kind of useless IMO

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:40 pm 
General Manager
General Manager

Favorite Team: Braves
Favorite Japanese title: Don't Own
calislim wrote:
FoxTrump wrote:

The mode will be the same as last year's mode where it's only in exhibition mode. I've tried it once on 07 but 3 innings isn't enough not to mention that you can't pick the Miis you want to use. Kind of useless IMO

You can change the settings to have a full 9 inning game with all of the trimmings (although the base running and fielding is on auto still and pitching isn't as much fun)

http://www.mlbppworld.com/wiki/index.php?title=Glenridge_Posse - Link to the passwords of 30 custom players on the Arrange Team GlenRidge Posse. Put 'em in as an expansion team next time you start a Season and see if you can beat them in the World Series :) This is for MLB Power Pros 2007 for the Wii

3DS XL Friend code for Pokeymans X: 2122-6212-5139

Minecraft! Contact me with your Minecraft login name to get Whitelisted.
Server address: mc.mlbppworld.com
Overworld map: http://mc.mlbppworld.com:8123

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:47 pm 
Designated Poster
Designated Poster

Favorite Team: Blue Jays
[quote="calislim"][quote="FoxTrump"]"Import their Wii-based characters, Miis, from their Wii or Wii Remote to become part of the exciting action!"

This was form IGN. Anyone plan on using their Mii characters?[/quote]

The mode will be the same as last year's mode where it's only in exhibition mode. I've tried it once on 07 but 3 innings isn't enough not to mention that you can't pick the Miis you want to use. Kind of useless IMO[/quote]

Never noticed....comes to show how much I ever used it.

What was the color of dirt BEFORE it got dirty?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:08 pm 
Ace
Ace

Favorite Team: Padres
Don't worry. You didn't miss anything

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:06 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

Favorite Team: Red Sox
Console '08: Wii and DS
Wyl wrote:
While the guy who wrote the hands-on tries to push himself as a big player, I have to question it when he says about Success Mode "Last year's mode was all about managing work, school classes, and relationships with the actual training and clutch, situational gameplay, as you followed your created player through single A competition. This time around, you've moved on from single A to AA (or Double A) competition...." Huh?

I think what they mean is that you go from being on the tulips (A) To a team like Ever Victory (AA) Compared to Muscle University (AAA) To Champion Rings (MLB). So you might have a shot at the championship in the first season.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:21 pm 
Prospect
Prospect

Favorite Team: Reds
bignate wrote:
Wyl wrote:
While the guy who wrote the hands-on tries to push himself as a big player, I have to question it when he says about Success Mode "Last year's mode was all about managing work, school classes, and relationships with the actual training and clutch, situational gameplay, as you followed your created player through single A competition. This time around, you've moved on from single A to AA (or Double A) competition...." Huh?

I think what they mean is that you go from being on the tulips (A) To a team like Ever Victory (AA) Compared to Muscle University (AAA) To Champion Rings (MLB). So you might have a shot at the championship in the first season.

Woah now that just might be a very bad assumption

all of those are collage teams the person who made the article was probably confused and never payed much attention to the story or even played it at all but its not any MLB affiliate minor league teams

"I sincerely believe that there is nothing truly great in any man or woman except their character, their willingness to move beyond the realm of self and into a greater realm of selflessness. Giving back is the ultimate talent in life.."
– Ozzie Smith

"Baseball is a game, yes. It is also a business. But what is most truly is is disguised combat. For all its gentility, its almost leisurely pace, baseball is violence under wraps."
-Willie Mays

"A baseball game is simply a nervous breakdown divided into nine innings." -Earl Wilson

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:16 pm 
Prospect
Prospect

Favorite Team: Red Sox
odawali wrote:
Wyl wrote:
first - Jack Merluzzi is already in mid-season form -lol-

Bummer! He should have been the first thing fixed! :evil:

Jack (After the Batter popped it up): Routine ground ball

Jack (After a Walkoff Homer by... Albert Pujols): Pujols, what a great walk off home run by...

Jack (After a liner to the warning track): It's going!... going!... going!...