It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Just under 2 weeks
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:30 am 
Designated Poster
Designated Poster

Favorite Team: Blue Jays
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
This is taking to freaking long. This message board is getting pretty quite. 07 has been disected every possible way. There not much more that can be done except password exchange. Gamestop needs to hurry up and call saying that 08 has come in!

So how have you been passing the time waiting? I haven't even been playing PP, working on Crono Cross on my son's PS1. Fortunately my soccer coaching is starting today, that will help.

What was the color of dirt BEFORE it got dirty?

Post subject: Re: Just under 2 weeks
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:56 pm 
Ace
Ace

Favorite Team: Padres
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
I've been working 12 hour days and watching Batman Begins over and over. Dark Knight Tonight! Woo!

July 2008 has been the longest and most eagerly awaited month of my life. After today though, I don't know what to do. I've gotten all I can out of last year's game.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:07 pm 
Ace
Ace

Favorite Team: Cubs
Console '07: Sony PS2
Console '08: Sony PS2
FoxTrump wrote:
This is taking to freaking long. This message board is getting pretty quite. 07 has been disected every possible way. There not much more that can be done except password exchange. Gamestop needs to hurry up and call saying that 08 has come in!

So how have you been passing the time waiting? I haven't even been playing PP, working on Crono Cross on my son's PS1. Fortunately my soccer coaching is starting today, that will help.

It is getting very slow, but I've been playing the heck out of my power pros right now, it's just getting me even more pumped for the new game.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:39 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Astros
Console '07: Wii and PS2
Console '08: Wii and PS2
Favorite Japanese title: (Wii) Jikkyou Powerful Major League 2009
I've been making success players like crazy since once I go on vacation and the new one comes out I wont play much anymore.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:43 pm 
Ace
Ace

lanceberkman wrote:
I've been making success players like crazy since once I go on vacation and the new one comes out I wont play much anymore.

Same here, I've just been making some of the young players who will probably be in the new game and some other fake random players.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:09 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Yankees
I'm going on vacation the day it comes out and won't be back till the end of the summer. :evil:. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy a vacation, but does it have to come out the day I leave?

- When you come to a fork in the road, take it.
- When asked if he wanted a pizza cut into 4/8 slices, Yogi responds with "Better cut it into 4, I don't think I could eat 8."
-Always go to other peoples' funerals otherwise they won't go to yours.
-I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.
-In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is.
-It's tough to make predictions, especially about the future.
I'm on vacation for about a month.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:42 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

duke776 wrote:
lanceberkman wrote:

Same here, I've just been making some of the young players who will probably be in the new game and some other fake random players.

Wow, we've all been doing the same thing. I've made about 4 or 5 players in the last few days. I've posted a few of them on the Password Exchange board. I'm not trying to advertise, but no one's giving me feedback on my players, so I'd appreciate it if someone posted feedback on a couple of my players.

And I just keep making more and more players. I'm either making players for my all Success Mode players team, or making players for my Cubs team. I want at least one minor league player for each position. I made a closer too because Carlos Marmol is my current closer and he costs way too much. So I'm going to trade him and once he's gone, register, sign, and call up the closer I created.

Go check out my Royals season mode log!

Return to Royalty | Kansas City Royals

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:05 pm 
Ace
Ace

ChiCubsFan4 wrote:
duke776 wrote:
lanceberkman wrote:

Wow, we've all been doing the same thing. I've made about 4 or 5 players in the last few days. I've posted a few of them on the Password Exchange board. I'm not trying to advertise, but no one's giving me feedback on my players, so I'd appreciate it if someone posted feedback on a couple of my players.

And I just keep making more and more players. I'm either making players for my all Success Mode players team, or making players for my Cubs team. I want at least one minor league player for each position. I made a closer too because Carlos Marmol is my current closer and he costs way too much. So I'm going to trade him and once he's gone, register, sign, and call up the closer I created.

Same exact thing here, I'm making the success mode players for my cubs franchise. I am making them to replace some of my current team. I already got rid of Soriano, I love him, but his huge contract is just too much for me since I only have 4000 owner points. I'm working to get younger, so I will proably overhaul my minors with success mode players(just decent ones that I'll practice up, so I can develop them and not just dominate right away). Then I'll trade away my old guys for owner points.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:19 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

duke776 wrote:
Same exact thing here, I'm making the success mode players for my cubs franchise. I am making them to replace some of my current team. I already got rid of Soriano, I love him, but his huge contract is just too much for me since I only have 4000 owner points. I'm working to get younger, so I will proably overhaul my minors with success mode players(just decent ones that I'll practice up, so I can develop them and not just dominate right away). Then I'll trade away my old guys for owner points.

I don't have Soriano on my team either. He was a great player, but he cost too much money. I also traded Derrek Lee, he was costing me a lot of money, and he wasn't even playing that well. In the 2009 - 2010 offseason, I picked up Matt Holliday as a F/A for about 4,000 points, and I traded Soriano to Cleveland for Grady Sizemore and a WHOLE LOTTA money. Matt Holliday and Grady Sizemore COMBINED are costing me about half of what Soriano was. My new first baseman sadly is even worse than Derrek Lee, but he's a whole lot cheaper, Ty Wiggington. He's got great power, but only a D in contact, so I'm working on that now.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:27 pm 
Ace
Ace

ChiCubsFan4 wrote:
duke776 wrote:

I don't have Soriano on my team either. He was a great player, but he cost too much money. I also traded Derrek Lee, he was costing me a lot of money, and he wasn't even playing that well. In the 2009 - 2010 offseason, I picked up Matt Holliday as a F/A for about 4,000 points, and I traded Soriano to Cleveland for Grady Sizemore and a WHOLE LOTTA money. Matt Holliday and Grady Sizemore COMBINED are costing me about half of what Soriano was. My new first baseman sadly is even worse than Derrek Lee, but he's a whole lot cheaper, Ty Wiggington. He's got great power, but only a D in contact, so I'm working on that now.

This is going to suck when I get the new game, I probably wont play this season mode anymore, especially since I'll have more time taken up by MLB life and the new success mode. On top of that I'll have a new season going, it's just the time I've put into this season mode. That being said, I can't wait for the new game.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:56 pm 
Ace
Ace

ChiCubsFan4 wrote:

I think it might be either because we are spoiled with the maxed out players...also, I'm not sure if a lot of people are still playing this game as much so they might not be as interested in stuff with the old game as much anymore...these are just guesses.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:04 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

duke776 wrote:
ChiCubsFan4 wrote:

I think it might be either because we are spoiled with the maxed out players...also, I'm not sure if a lot of people are still playing this game as much so they might not be as interested in stuff with the old game as much anymore...these are just guesses.

Yeah, but I do have one player with all A's and B's. He doesn't have any special abilities, (I don't really go after special abilites) but he's good.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:06 pm 
Ace
Ace

ChiCubsFan4 wrote:
duke776 wrote:
ChiCubsFan4 wrote:

Yeah, but I do have one player with all A's and B's. He doesn't have any special abilities, (I don't really go after special abilites) but he's good.

Yeah, he is pretty good.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:02 pm 
1st Base Coach
1st Base Coach

Favorite Team: Cardinals
I've been busy both with work and life, so I haven't had much free time for gaming lately. I haven't played Power Pros in about a month, though it isn't a matter of being disinterested in it. Just too many other things going on. Looks like my plans to take off a couple of days the week of the 28th are up in smoke too, I got stuck being on-call that week. Still intending to get in as much time as I can playing that week though!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:16 pm 
Ace
Ace

Wyl wrote:
I've been busy both with work and life, so I haven't had much free time for gaming lately. I haven't played Power Pros in about a month, though it isn't a matter of being disinterested in it. Just too many other things going on. Looks like my plans to take off a couple of days the week of the 28th are up in smoke too, I got stuck being on-call that week. Still intending to get in as much time as I can playing that week though!

Ouch, that sucks, but it probably won't be too much time you'll miss with the game.