All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Perfect Timing
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:10 pm 
Ace
Ace

Favorite Team: Padres
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
I'm not sure whether it's better or worse for the game to come out just days before the trade deadline or just before opening day. It may be another season where we'll have to pull of a Mark Teixiera trade to get him on the right team again.

Post subject: Re: Perfect Timing
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:44 pm 
Ace
Ace

Favorite Team: Cubs
Console '07: Sony PS2
Console '08: Sony PS2
As many other people have said, I think the rosters will be opening day rosters and we'll have to make all the moves in arrange mode. There will definitely not be any of the recent moves if they have semi-updated rosters because the game was probably finished 3-5 weeks ago.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:51 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

I actually believe the rosters will be the rosters as of the beginning of spring training, because all the pictures of season mode show that they do go through spring training the first year, which means any trades any team made during spring training wouldn't have happened, which sadly, means I'll be stuck with Felix Pie playing CF instead of Reed Johnson since the Cubs didn't get him until a few days before the regular season started.

Go check out my Royals season mode log!

Return to Royalty | Kansas City Royals

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:50 pm 
Pitching Coach
Pitching Coach

Favorite Team: Red Sox
I think it will be opening day rosters. No reason to hold back just to add authenticity to a few weeks of ST.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:52 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

odawali wrote:
I think it will be opening day rosters. No reason to hold back just to add authenticity to a few weeks of ST.

I suppose you're right, because Exhibition Mode will assuredly be opening day lineups and rosters, so why would they go with beginning of spring training rosters for Season Mode, so maybe I was wrong and they are starting season mode with opening day rosters. YAY! That means the Cubs have Reed Johnson! :D

EDIT: Then what pictures were I seeing of Spring Training games? I'm starting to think it was MLB Life mode, but it's the same as Season Mode, why would they start with spring training rosters. I mean, MLB Life mode seems like the most reasonable mode to start in spring training because I'm sure you aren't going to sign a contract, practice, go through all the stuff about being on a new team, then be ready to play in that same day, so I suppose MLB Life mode starts in Spring Training, but it will be the wrong rosters.

Go check out my Royals season mode log!

Return to Royalty | Kansas City Royals

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:16 pm 
Batboy
Batboy

Favorite Team: Pirates
I'm hoping the Pirates Nate Mclouth and Ryan Doumit will have increased stats because of their breakout years, but I really doubt it.

LETS GO PENS!

HERE WE GO STEELERS!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:59 pm 
Ace
Ace

Letsgobucs wrote:
I'm hoping the Pirates Nate Mclouth and Ryan Doumit will have increased stats because of their breakout years, but I really doubt it.

That's why we're lucky to have edit player. I edit tons and tons of people, especially those pitchers who are just give 88 mph lvl 1 slider and lvl 2 change, I give them their actual pitches.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:55 pm 
Prospect
Prospect

Favorite Team: Reds
duke776 wrote:
Letsgobucs wrote:

That's why we're lucky to have edit player. I edit tons and tons of people, especially those pitchers who are just give 88 mph lvl 1 slider and lvl 2 change, I give them their actual pitches.

Exactly its nice to know that you can make the game as real as you want

I know I edited Tejada from the Rangers into Volquez then put him on an arrange team

"I sincerely believe that there is nothing truly great in any man or woman except their character, their willingness to move beyond the realm of self and into a greater realm of selflessness. Giving back is the ultimate talent in life.."
– Ozzie Smith

"Baseball is a game, yes. It is also a business. But what is most truly is is disguised combat. For all its gentility, its almost leisurely pace, baseball is violence under wraps."
-Willie Mays

"A baseball game is simply a nervous breakdown divided into nine innings." -Earl Wilson

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:11 pm 
Ace
Ace

SUPACLIPA wrote:
duke776 wrote:
Letsgobucs wrote:

Exactly its nice to know that you can make the game as real as you want

I know I edited Tejada from the Rangers into Volquez then put him on an arrange team

Yeah, I remember I edited someone on the Rangers team into Volquez and put him on my updated reds arrange team. I can't remember who it was, but it was someone with a birthday near his so he would be the right age. I also did this with a lot of people when I was updating the roster before I heard about the new game, but the only bad thing is we can't edit the players potential. But, it's still great that we can edit everything(except birthday and potential).

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:41 pm 
Prospect
Prospect

Favorite Team: Reds
duke776 wrote:

Yeah, I remember I edited someone on the Rangers team into Volquez and put him on my updated reds arrange team. I can't remember who it was, but it was someone with a birthday near his so he would be the right age. I also did this with a lot of people when I was updating the roster before I heard about the new game, but the only bad thing is we can't edit the players potential. But, it's still great that we can edit everything(except birthday and potential).

We can't edit birthdate or place of birth either so you would want to find that to if your going for authinticity

"I sincerely believe that there is nothing truly great in any man or woman except their character, their willingness to move beyond the realm of self and into a greater realm of selflessness. Giving back is the ultimate talent in life.."
– Ozzie Smith

"Baseball is a game, yes. It is also a business. But what is most truly is is disguised combat. For all its gentility, its almost leisurely pace, baseball is violence under wraps."
-Willie Mays

"A baseball game is simply a nervous breakdown divided into nine innings." -Earl Wilson

Last edited by SUPACLIPA on Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:10 am 
Batboy
Batboy

Favorite Team: Pirates
Yeah, editing players is my favorite feature! :lol: But, it's hard to figure out what stats to give.

LETS GO PENS!

HERE WE GO STEELERS!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:59 pm 
Ace
Ace

Letsgobucs wrote:
Yeah, editing players is my favorite feature! :lol: But, it's hard to figure out what stats to give.

Yeah, people end up with crazy stats either way in season mode, it's wack. But, it said in the manual D is average and I notice a lot of people that had .260-.280 range had D contact so I usually give .260-.280 people either a 8 or 9 and if they're better or worse than that I just go up or down a point or a couple points. Now, power is tricky, I haven't really quite figured it out, but I think 25+(possibly even a couple less) might equal A power then 13-24 power I use B power, and then C power I just use 7-12, D power I use 1, 2 or 3-6...and if I think the player has less power I use E. But, don't take this stuff as perfect, this is just what I've sort of guessed by the numbers compared to the stats of the people made by Konami. I'm not sure if I am overrating, underating, or even good on how I scale them, it's something that I'm still messing with...but either way, some people will still have wacked up stats in season mode.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:21 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Astros
Console '07: Wii and PS2
Console '08: Wii and PS2
Favorite Japanese title: (Wii) Jikkyou Powerful Major League 2009
My brother wanted to edit players so that he could put them on an arrange team and finally beat him in exhibition games. I come back later and he has about 5 players with Sifu type skills. He said he was going to make a decent pitcher and a few outfielders. I guess he stretched it a bit!