Power Pros Forum

A community-run forum for Power Pros
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:35 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Petition?
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:54 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Brewers
Console '07: Don't Own
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
Favorite Japanese title: Don't Own
ZeroGibson13 wrote:
No need to be a butthole Brew. :roll:

I find it pretty funny that just because you and Skittles are senior members that you like to bully around the newer users that want to try something. If it's likely going to fail, which it is likely, then just let them have their fun with it. You don't need to be a pessimistic butthole. If you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say it.

I'm superior, I don't need to listen to you

why'd you say butthole twice

Inaugural Member of the 10,000 Post Cult

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:29 am 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Blue Jays
BrewersFuzz wrote:
The King wrote:
after we send the petition

with all 12 supporters

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:24 am 
All-Star
All-Star

Favorite Team: Rays
I'm a little late to this party, but hopefully those optimistic folks will find these comments helpful:

1. Konami made this game. Their US contact info can be found at http://www.konami-digital-entertainment.com/contact.php. Probably worth a phone call to ask how you might submit a game idea or what goes into this. I don't know how old you are, so I'll add that you should ask your parent's permission before calling.
    2. Probably one of their considerations would be whether a new US PowerPros would draw people away from Konami's other baseball games. Do they have other US baseball games?
    3. Personally, I think that the way to go is to try to get them to take their current Japanese product - with the Japanese leagues, teams, and players, and make an English translation for it. Obviously, the US market for this would be smaller than the market for a baseball game based on US players, but they would have the only Japanese league game in the US (which means no competition in the US market) and since Konami already has rights to use the Japanese player and team information, it should be a lower-cost endeavor for them.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:31 am 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Red Sox
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
all good ideas. Even better would be combining the two - having the japanese league do its own thing in the game, while you play a US league...allowing players from one league to head to the other...maybe even an option for exhibition games between the two leagues, or even a true 'World Series" where the US team that wins the championship faces the winning Japanese team.

All just pie in the sky, of course. But I did read that MLB Bobblehead Pros was taken off the Xbox marketplace in 2013, and since that was another Konami product, the time might be perfect for them to resuscitate MLBPP.

Expansion Mode Challenge!
2008 Real-Life players from Success Mode - Please assist if you have the time!!
Older/dead logs:
Let the Fielders pitch! New log
MLB Life Mode log - OF Ryan Evert, Athletics
Honolulu Heroes Season Log - real-life players join a scrub team! Find out how they do in the AL West!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:33 pm 
Benchwarmer
Benchwarmer

Favorite Team: Cardinals
Great ideas. I hope it all be worth it.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:36 pm 
Prospect
Prospect

Favorite Team: Pirates
We should all call Konami tonight

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:15 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Rangers
Favorite Japanese title: (PS3) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2012
The King wrote:

heck no. horrible idea

NAPOLI FOR MVP

"All people are good for something. The important thing is finding what." - Tom

post count doesn't matter

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:
i think we banned him cause he was an idiot
glad i never got banned for that

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:24 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Console '08: Sony PS2
The King wrote:

I think we need to make a few videos and get 100 on the petition first.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:09 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Console '08: Sony PS2
YT Friend posted this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3JPRNk ... oultCWLDqw

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:00 am 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

So here's my stab at making the description more flowery:

"In 2007 and 2008, Konami and 2K sports released an MLB-based, English language version of its long-running Jikkyo Powerful Pro Yakyu game for PS2 and Wii. This game was titled MLB Power Pros. While the graphics were simplistic, the gameplay was fantastic and addictive, with solid ball physics, easy to master controls, and significant depth. These two games touched many fans, from young kids looking for an easy to play baseball game with their favorite MLB stars, to older 20s and 30s men who had grown up on similar games like RBI Baseball. MLB Power Pros let you play out a single player's career, or a team through seasons, or a custom league, or a single player's path to the majors and success.

This game succeeded where other titles like The Bigs and MLB2K failed, because the gameplay and mechanics were simplistic enough to welcome the newcomer, but gameplay was challenging enough to keep you enthralled for years. The game prioritized mechanics and playability over realistic graphics, and the result was a big winner. In the time since its release, the community of fans and lovers of the game has only increased, with entire forums dedicated to updating the rosters and making today's young stars for input into the game. Unfortunately, Konami has not released further US installments.

We have created this petition to ask Konami to explore creating another US version of MLB Power Pros. The similarly themed MLB Bobblehead Pros is no longer available, and we feel this is the perfect time for Konami to release an updated version for 2015. The game is still being produced in the Japanese variant, meaning that the gameplay system - and any improvements over the last 6 years - is still sound. Only MLB rosters, likenesses, and voicing is needed. This means a relatively simple path to release - even if that release is only direct via Xbox Live Arcade, Playstation store, and the like. If a full game release is necessary, roster updates could be handled by DLC, generating additional revenue. New players, Cuban or Japanese free agents that are signed, or minor leaguers that are brought up, could all be handled via DLC, generating additional income.

This game series is too good to fall into obscurity. Please help Konami realize that the community interested in this game has grown with time, and that US consumers can look past simplistic graphics to appreciate great gameplay."

Edits/thoughts welcome...

Older/dead logs:
Honolulu Heroes Season Log - real-life players join a scrub team! Find out how they do in the AL West!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:36 am 
Community Manager
Community Manager

Favorite Team: Tigers
Favorite Japanese title: (Wii) Jikkyou Powerful Major League 2009
Alloutwar wrote:
So here's my stab at making the description more flowery:

"In 2007 and 2008, Konami and 2K sports released an MLB-based, English language version of its long-running Jikkyo Powerful Pro Yakyu game for PS2 and Wii. This game was titled MLB Power Pros. While the graphics were simplistic, the gameplay was fantastic and addictive, with solid ball physics, easy to master controls, and significant depth. These two games touched many fans, from young kids looking for an easy to play baseball game with their favorite MLB stars, to older 20s and 30s men who had grown up on similar games like RBI Baseball. MLB Power Pros let you play out a single player's career, or a team through seasons, or a custom league, or a single player's path to the majors and success.

This game succeeded where other titles like The Bigs and MLB2K failed, because the gameplay and mechanics were simplistic enough to welcome the newcomer, but gameplay was challenging enough to keep you enthralled for years. The game prioritized mechanics and playability over realistic graphics, and the result was a big winner. In the time since its release, the community of fans and lovers of the game has only increased, with entire forums dedicated to updating the rosters and making today's young stars for input into the game. Unfortunately, Konami has not released further US installments.

We have created this petition to ask Konami to explore creating another US version of MLB Power Pros. The similarly themed MLB Bobblehead Pros is no longer available, and we feel this is the perfect time for Konami to release an updated version for 2015. The game is still being produced in the Japanese variant, meaning that the gameplay system - and any improvements over the last 6 years - is still sound. Only MLB rosters, likenesses, and voicing is needed. This means a relatively simple path to release - even if that release is only direct via Xbox Live Arcade, Playstation store, and the like. If a full game release is necessary, roster updates could be handled by DLC, generating additional revenue. New players, Cuban or Japanese free agents that are signed, or minor leaguers that are brought up, could all be handled via DLC, generating additional income.

This game series is too good to fall into obscurity. Please help Konami realize that the community interested in this game has grown with time, and that US consumers can look past simplistic graphics to appreciate great gameplay."

Edits/thoughts welcome...

I'd much rather start a new petition with this description than the one that we have now. Well done, AOW.

Also, I have to ask...did Konami actually make a Pawapuro game for 2014? I can't seem to find it anywhere...and also, I seem to remember them losing their MLB license sometime in the past year? I thought I heard that somewhere, but I'm not sure.

"Another year older, another year better at Power Pros!" -Me
"Best way to get laid: Tell her you're the community manager of a baseball video game forum." -SkittleMonster
"The Chronicles of Dish's Love Life. I'd read it." -BrewersFuzz
"Find a way to be alone in a baseball stadium at sunrise, when the only sound you hear are about nine birds that got lost, and found themselves in a stadium, and they’re chirping across the grandstand trying to figure out where the *(censored)* they ended up." -Dan Besbris

Twitter: @robtoml_statman

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:46 am 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Athletics
Console '07: Wii and PS2
Console '08: Wii and PS2
Favorite Japanese title: (PS3) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2012
I haven't heard about the '14 version.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2017 and 2018 MLBPPW Fantasy Football League Champion

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:44 am 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

He can just edit the one we have to say the above. I think people will be a little more inclined to sign, and take notice.

Older/dead logs:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:15 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Phillies
Favorite Japanese title: (Vita) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2012
That's actually great, AOW. I hope it somehow gets noticed.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:29 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Tigers
I will be more than happy to sign a petition with that description. Very well written, AOW.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next