Power Pros Forum

A community-run forum for Power Pros
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 10:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 549 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 37  Next
 Post subject: Re: The "FIX-IT" list for MLB PP 2009
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:14 pm 
Ace
Ace

Favorite Team: Padres
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
In MLB Life Mode, you should have more interactions with your wife. You should still be able to go out with her and enjoy your hobbies with her. You should also have some interactions with your kids instead of none at all.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:57 pm 
Intimidator
Intimidator

Favorite Team: Rays
I wouldn't mind seeing accurate AAA and maybe even AA rosters and you can *maybe* play them.

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3276

It's going to be great!!!

Time to stop the spam!!!

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3294

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:32 pm 
Ace
Ace

Favorite Team: Cubs
Console '07: Sony PS2
Console '08: Sony PS2
DrMario wrote:
I wouldn't mind seeing accurate AAA and maybe even AA rosters and you can *maybe* play them.

They're not allowed to use minor leaguers names in the game if they didn't play a game the previous season in the MLB. So, the only minor leaguers that can be in the game are the ones that played in the MLB the previous season, unless they put fake names on all of them.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:40 pm 
Head Coach
Head Coach

Favorite Team: Dodgers
yup. MLB Players Union gets in the way of that. MLB and the commish would restrict/veto any additional ballparks that are not used currently by the 30 MLB teams.

Report Spammers to me or Darkshade via Private Message.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:06 pm 
Ace
Ace

Favorite Team: Padres
MaxDSterling wrote:
yup. MLB Players Union gets in the way of that. MLB and the commish would restrict/veto any additional ballparks that are not used currently by the 30 MLB teams.

Some older games like MVP 2005 had classic stadiums like Ebbets, Polo Grounds and even hell holes like Veterans and Three Rivers. I don't see why that would be a problem this time out.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:01 am 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Astros
Console '07: Wii and PS2
Console '08: Wii and PS2
Favorite Japanese title: (Wii) Jikkyou Powerful Major League 2009
But they got all sorts of liscences to do that and a few years later MLB got really strict on who got their liscences. Only 2K has it now.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:53 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

Favorite Team: Yankees
Console '07: Don't Own
For the Wii, I want them to get rid of the passwords and have a posting plaza of characters like in the Check Mii out channel so we can download them

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:23 am 
Benchwarmer
Benchwarmer

Favorite Team: Braves
luis6556 wrote:
For the Wii, I want them to get rid of the passwords and have a posting plaza of characters like in the Check Mii out channel so we can download them

thats a good idea!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 5:43 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

Favorite Team: Yankees
Console '08: Sony PS2
OK, after lurking around for months I've finally decided to start posting...

Anyway, there was a big improvement from 07 to 08, but it was still basically the same game. After skimming through the topic I decided to give my list.

Season Mode
I play season mode a lot. So I know what I'm asking for here. It's already good, and even though it would be safe not to mess with a good system, here are a few of my complains/suggestions:

-Less injuries
If one more of my pitchers goes down with "elbow pains" I'm getting rid of the idea of a rotation all together. Just make everyone eligible to start and relieve...seriously though, injuries need to be toned down a bit more. Mostly elbow pains.

On the same note there should be a few more serious injuries. I have yet to have a guy out for more than one month.

Bullpen Functionality
If it's in exhibition, why isn't it in season? It would be a welcomed feature in my opinion.

More realistic trades
This applies for My Life Mode, too. Some of the trades that are made are downright stupid. Rosters for other teams don't look the same after only two years.

Full Minor League Rosters
Add AAA and AA! I don't care about the player names (more on that later) just add some function to them so they don't end up being holding places for mediocre players.

Random Generated Names
This is one of the little things that bothers me. Why the lmited names? Just do what other baseball games do with fake rookies. Combine two existing names from the name data, and you got yourself a fielder not named Person! For example, just randomly combine first and last names from existing players, ex. Michael Hamilton, or Alex Thomas! Anything would be an improvemnt over having my top prospect being named "Thrower".

More than 10 seasons
Having only 10 seasons renders the draft useless. At least extend it to 20 so we can see how player's careers end up.

Alternate Jerseys Available
They should be used for something.

MLB Life
It's a great innovative mode, it just gets repitive after a while. Some improvemnts could be...

More "Random Events"
In my first few seasons, I loved the surprise of what could happen next. The owner could come visit, or I could be hazed as a rookie, or I could go golfing with teammates. But it got repititive. It's a great mode, don't get me wrong, but just add more events. And in my opinion, though this might be disagreed upon, it should be done in the style of success mode. The art, the animation, the randomness and light sense of humor could be incorperated. Mostly because a 3D drawing of my guy swinging a golf club or reading a book isn't really doing it for me.

More Story Lines
This is related to more random events. It's pretty self explanatory, but depending on your guy's personality, choices, and performance, he should follow a different storyline.

More Choices
The career changing choices (making decisions outside of improving your player) were limited. Make every decision my player makes effect him in a direct way.

Gameplay
The gameplay is what made me fall in love with this game. But after two years of recycled animations, it's time for a (small) change.

More animations
I enjoy the surprise of the many animatins in the game. Seeing the these comical figures play baseball usually puts a smile on my face, butthere needs to be more animations! Seeing the same things over again gets, well, boring. By more animations, I need more homerun reactions , more pitcher and batter reactions, more fielding animations, I'd like to see a lot of the subtle nuances in the game of baseball replicated in Power Pros. It might prolong the game for a few minutes but who cares! The games are already short enough, I doubt little things like the runner actually running through first base on close plays and the catcher tossing the ball back to the pitcher after a pitch wouldn't make a difference. It's these little things that could make the game so much better. I'd like to see more realism in a sense. After giving up a homer, the manager could come and console the pitcher. Maybe when switching pitchers we could get a little scene of the pitcher coming dramitaclly though the bullpen doors. All of these little things would add to the experience, and not just the ones I said. You have to use your imagination to imagine the possibilities of all of these little quirks. They'd make the game infinitely nicer.

Fix the Commentary
""And he hit it too high...Is it fair or foul? Home run to Center Field!...And the YANKEES! take the lead." That, in a nutshell, is what we go through every game. Fix the commentary, please.

More Logos for Arrange Team
Either let us make our own or upload a logo or something because the logos we're given to make a team are downright ugly. I went with the American Flag for my expansion team since the Mr. Power Pros logo looked out of place during season mode last year. I love the idea of designing uniforms for an expansion team, but picking out a logo is painful.

Creating Players outside of Success Mode
I know it's possible by editing existing players, but it would be nice not being forced to run through Success Mode to make a player.

Create a Stadium
I used to always doodle stadiums in my notebook during class, but I wasn't a good drawer so I never really knew what they could have looked like. Anyway, giving us a Create a Stadium feature would be great. Let us choose are background, seat structure, outfield dimensions, things such as that. Just don't make it limited, otherwise it's useless. This mode would be one of my favorite features in any game if installed. The possibilities would be endless.

Online Play/Rosters
Online play and downloadable rosters would be nice.

OK, so i'm finally done with my first post. If you read all that, I hope you liked the ideas. Maybe I'll post more from now on...

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:49 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Diamondbacks
How about this new mode called expansion mode. It's where you could try to find players around the globe, as well as college players, high school players, and free agents to do a search to make a major league team. You get to play games as well, and you would be able to save your team, but the goal in this mode is to win the world series. You can do this mode until you decide to retire. Yes, you would be able to find real major leaguers in there. Some of the past success mode players could be found in the mode too such as Alvin, Toby, Robert, Robin, Marvin, Kameda, Goridou, Matsukawa, Hirayama, Bob, Frank, Milton, Peter, Rex, Walter, Bob, Tom, Joey, Terry, Zero, Gil, ect. But to get the players on the team, you have to play a challenge, such as batting test, 3 inning game, pitching test, etc. You also have to make a AAA and AA team as well. The minimum number of players on each team is 12. Maximum is 25 on the MLB team, while 20 is the maximum for AAA and AA.

D. 1997

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:16 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Indians
uhm, sounds a lot like season mode.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:17 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

nasa0003 wrote:
uhm, sounds a lot like season mode.

actually, you make you're own character. you're not GM. After the first season, it allows you to go find a coach.

D. 1997

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:19 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

but also in expansion mode, you would be able to walk in different places like a restaurant, college, high school, airport, independent league field in each of the following places: Japan, Mexico, South Korea, China, United States.

D. 1997

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:54 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Reds
It would be nice to have a rising fastball. A lot of pitchers have that irl.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:19 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Astros
Add the eephus pitch.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 549 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 37  Next