MLB Power Pros Forum

A community-run forum for MLB Power Pros
It is currently Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: My way of making layouts for players (editing and succes
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:18 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:30 am
Posts: 2958
Location: ZeroGibson13's Mother
Favorite Team: Mets
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Console '08: Wii and DS
Favorite Japanese title: (Wii) Jikkyou Powerful Major League 2009
No, jag had a strategy, he told me once before in the chat. You should ask him directly

_________________
We did it! Thank you to all of my great supporters, we just officially won the election (despite all of the distorted and inaccurate media).


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My way of making layouts for players (editing and succes
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:36 pm 
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:57 pm
Posts: 1261
Location: New Jersey
Favorite Team: Yankees
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
Favorite Japanese title: Don't Own
I normally went with:

104+ = 15
100-103 = 14
96-99 = 13
92-95 =12
88-91 = 11
.....
and so on. Obviously it might not be the best way of approaching it but that's what I just do

_________________
Yankees fan since '96

My list of success players


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My way of making layouts for players (editing and succes
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:58 pm 
AAA Starter
AAA Starter
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:57 am
Posts: 60
Location: NY
Favorite Team: Astros
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
Favorite Japanese title: (Vita) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2012
Ok I will use Gen. MPH to help find power so far:
Giancarlo has highest Generated MPH at 9.88 MPH
240 Power-9 MPH or up-Giancarlo Stanton
230-8.5 MPH or up
225-8 MPH or up
220-7 MPH or up
215-6 MPH or up
210-5.5 MPH or up
205-5 MPH or up
200-4.5 MPH or up
195-4 MPH or up
190-3.5 MPH or up-Jose Bautista
185-3.25 MPH or up
180-3 MPH or up
175-2.75 MPH or up
170-2.5 MPH or up
165-2.25 or up
160-2 MPH or up
155-1.75 MPH
150-1.5 MPH-
145-1.25 MPH
140-1 MPH
135-0.8 MPH
130-0.6 MPH
125-0.4 MPH
120-0.2 MPH
115-0 MPH
110=-0.25
105=-0.5
100=-0.25
95=-0.75
90=-1
85=-1.5
80=-2
75=-3
70=-4
65=5-5
60=-5.5
55=-5.75
50 Power (Lowest?)=-6 or lower MPH, for ex. Ben Revere

_________________
jag123jg wrote:
I'll help, and partially cover for AOW:

Horns, that rapid drum tapping thing, my n-word, n-word, drugs, weed, guns, money, bitches, pussy, pussy ass bitches, bitch ass n-word, shawty, saying the same thing over and over to fill up space, simple sentences that have no context, saying the same thing over and over to fill up space, blat blat, pussy shit, porsche


jag123jg wrote:
Are you guys actually *(censored)* stupid? Learn to wait for a 3-5 game sample size and then read stats before making players, dumbasses


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My way of making layouts for players (editing and succes
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:59 pm 
AAA Starter
AAA Starter
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:57 am
Posts: 60
Location: NY
Favorite Team: Astros
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
Favorite Japanese title: (Vita) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2012
4 TRJ-12 degrees launch angle or higher. Players ex:Giancarlo Stanton and Mike Trout
3 TRJ-9-12 launch angle. Players ex: Edwin Encarnacion and Miguel Cabrera
2 TRJ-6-9 launch angle. Player ex: Obdubel Herrera
1 TRJ-6 or lower launch angle. Players ex: Dee Gordon and Ben Revere.


now lets test and discuss these as we update rosters :)

_________________
jag123jg wrote:
I'll help, and partially cover for AOW:

Horns, that rapid drum tapping thing, my n-word, n-word, drugs, weed, guns, money, bitches, pussy, pussy ass bitches, bitch ass n-word, shawty, saying the same thing over and over to fill up space, simple sentences that have no context, saying the same thing over and over to fill up space, blat blat, pussy shit, porsche


jag123jg wrote:
Are you guys actually *(censored)* stupid? Learn to wait for a 3-5 game sample size and then read stats before making players, dumbasses


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My way of making layouts for players (editing and succes
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:46 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:34 pm
Posts: 8622
Location: On the bump
Favorite Team: Athletics
Console '07: Wii and PS2
Console '08: Wii and PS2
Favorite Japanese title: (PS3) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2012
I have a question, how do you get fielding abilities for players that aren't listed in the fangraphs post? A.k.a pretty much all of the players in the MLB. :lol:

_________________
Fantasty


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My way of making layouts for players (editing and succes
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:18 pm 
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:57 pm
Posts: 1261
Location: New Jersey
Favorite Team: Yankees
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
Favorite Japanese title: Don't Own
ZeroGibson13 wrote:
I have a question, how do you get fielding abilities for players that aren't listed in the fangraphs post? A.k.a pretty much all of the players in the MLB. :lol:

ask people in the chat or look up scouting reports. When I'm uncertain, I'll make a side note on the thread that I'm not 100% sure on blah blah blah and usually someone will help out

_________________
Yankees fan since '96

My list of success players


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My way of making layouts for players (editing and succes
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:20 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:15 pm
Posts: 2319
Location: 南ジャージー
Favorite Team: Angels
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
Favorite Japanese title: (Wii) Jikkyou Powerful Major League 2009
Gen. MPH is not very accurate, but for TRJ it looks that it is. The Avg.=140.. The TRJ gives some more TRJ to some, but I think it shows some are not actually good homerun hitters.

_________________
Dynasties That Never Were
Dynasties That Never Were MLBPP Stats
2011 San Francisco Giants Log
Cleveland Browns : The Race For Last Place
2018 MLBPP Update


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My way of making layouts for players (editing and succes
PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 1:21 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:15 pm
Posts: 2319
Location: 南ジャージー
Favorite Team: Angels
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
Favorite Japanese title: (Wii) Jikkyou Powerful Major League 2009
Just found something very important by Eric Davis that might kill everything we have been doing, POWER:
PWR vs expected HR rate:

PWR > HR
250 > 50
245 > 49
240 > 48
235 > 47
230 > 46
225 > 45
220 > 44
215 > 43
210 > 42
205 > 41
200 > 40
197 > 39
193 > 38
190 > 37
187 > 36
183 > 35
180 > 34
177 > 33
173 > 32
170 > 31
168 > 30
165 > 29
163 > 28
160 > 27
158 > 26
155 > 25
153 > 24
150 > 23
147 > 22
143 > 21
140 > 20
137 > 19
133 > 18
130 > 17
127 > 16
123 > 15
120 > 14
115 > 13
110 > 12
107 > 11
103 > 10
100 > 9
90 > 8
80 > 7
70 > 6
60 > 5
50 > 4

Notes about PWR:

- It’s been awhile since I did this, but I believe the chart shows a neutral batter simulated* w/ about 620 PA.
- Many, many, many factors outside of PWR impact expected HR rate, such as TRJ, CON, ballpark, batting stance, luck, and a number of different special abilities.
- *No doubt a batter with 140 PWR controlled by you or I could hit 100+ homers in a single season.

more to come...
Contact is something else, this is also very important:
CON vs. expected batting average:

CON > Low - High
15 > .360 - .387
14 > .348 - .359
13 > .336 - .347
12 > .323 - .335
11 > .308 - .322
10 > .293 - .307
9 > .278 - .292
8 > .263 - .277
7 > .248 - .262
6 > .233 - .247
5 > .218 - .232
4 > .200 - .217

Notes about CON:
- The chart shows a neutral batter vs RHP only.
- Use vs Lefty 2-5 to account for splits vs LHP (-.070 // -.035 / .000 \ +.035 \\ +.070)
- If using real stats to adjust the CON ratings, subtract HR’s, bunt singles and other infield hits from expected avg. Those hits are generated by PWR, SPD, Gd Bunt and Gd IF HTR.
Also looking for trajectory brother from MR. Davis it am also more important brother:
But I can't find that brother.

_________________
Dynasties That Never Were
Dynasties That Never Were MLBPP Stats
2011 San Francisco Giants Log
Cleveland Browns : The Race For Last Place
2018 MLBPP Update


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My way of making layouts for players (editing and succes
PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 5:47 pm 
Ace
Ace
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:33 pm
Posts: 865
Location: Houston
Favorite Team: Astros
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
Favorite Japanese title: Don't Own
KFPC make your own thread and put that on there. This is for Jag idea's not yours

_________________
ZeroGibson13 wrote:
What if someone dug a really big hole, and buried all of the shovels in the world?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My way of making layouts for players (editing and succes
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:10 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:29 pm
Posts: 11200
Location: bloomington, in
Favorite Team: Rangers
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
Favorite Japanese title: (PS3) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2012
A couple notes on things I've been using recently:

Run Speed -- rough estimator but I multiply the player's Spd score x2, or add their Spd scores from 2015 and 2016

For fielding stats, I take the player's ARM (OF only), RngR, and ErrR and add/subtract that number from 8 (average). For example in 2016 Mark Trumbo had a 0.9 ARM, -1.4 RngR, and 0.0 ErrR. This would give ratings of 9 ARM STR, 7 FLD, and 8 E RES.

For infielders' ARM STR I use a combination of positions played and the Fan Scouting Report. What I mean by positions played is that a guy who plays a lot of third base is generally going to have a stronger arm than one who's playing first or second base.

For catchers' ARM STR I use their opponents' successful steal rate. League average is somewhere around 70% (it's 68.7% right now) so I use this system:

60% SB = 10 ARM STR
65% SB = 9 ARM STR
70% SB = 8 ARM STR
75% SB = 7 ARM STR
80% SB = 6 ARM STR

and so on.

These are all kinda rough but I guess they might help with this stuff so yeah

OH ALSO for some specials:

-- Base Running 2/4: I use UBR for this, if they have a constantly positive score give them BR 4, if they're always negative give them BR 2
-- Tough Out: I base this on low K% but also on their batting average in 0-2 counts. Anyone with above a .200 AVG in 0-2 counts should probably get this
-- Pull Hitter: I give this to anyone with at least 50% Pull on Fangraphs

_________________
NAPOLI FOR MVP

all my logs are currently On Hiatus™
(except this one!)

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:
i think we banned him cause he was an idiot
glad i never got banned for that


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My way of making layouts for players (editing and succes
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:26 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:15 pm
Posts: 2319
Location: 南ジャージー
Favorite Team: Angels
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
Favorite Japanese title: (Wii) Jikkyou Powerful Major League 2009
AgentP wrote:
A couple notes on things I've been using recently:

Run Speed -- rough estimator but I multiply the player's Spd score x2, or add their Spd scores from 2015 and 2016

For fielding stats, I take the player's ARM (OF only), RngR, and ErrR and add/subtract that number from 8 (average). For example in 2016 Mark Trumbo had a 0.9 ARM, -1.4 RngR, and 0.0 ErrR. This would give ratings of 9 ARM STR, 7 FLD, and 8 E RES.

For infielders' ARM STR I use a combination of positions played and the Fan Scouting Report. What I mean by positions played is that a guy who plays a lot of third base is generally going to have a stronger arm than one who's playing first or second base.

For catchers' ARM STR I use their opponents' successful steal rate. League average is somewhere around 70% (it's 68.7% right now) so I use this system:

60% SB = 10 ARM STR
65% SB = 9 ARM STR
70% SB = 8 ARM STR
75% SB = 7 ARM STR
80% SB = 6 ARM STR

and so on.

These are all kinda rough but I guess they might help with this stuff so yeah

OH ALSO for some specials:

-- Base Running 2/4: I use UBR for this, if they have a constantly positive score give them BR 4, if they're always negative give them BR 2
-- Tough Out: I base this on low K% but also on their batting average in 0-2 counts. Anyone with above a .200 AVG in 0-2 counts should probably get this
-- Pull Hitter: I give this to anyone with at least 50% Pull on Fangraphs

Gosh AgentP, I think I will use this other than watching the player make plays and thinking Erick Aybar was the best SS in baseball

_________________
Dynasties That Never Were
Dynasties That Never Were MLBPP Stats
2011 San Francisco Giants Log
Cleveland Browns : The Race For Last Place
2018 MLBPP Update


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group