Post subject: Best Play for Their Salary in Season mode
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:23 am 
Rookie
Rookie

Favorite Team: Reds
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
Favorite Japanese title: (Wii) Jikkyou Powerful Major League 2009
What default players do you think give the most bang for their buck? I'm thinking Hanley Ramirez is at the top of the chart. Kotchman is pretty good. Idk about the rest. I just want to hear you guy's' opinions. I'm thinking about doing the full ten year contract on season mode and am not sure who do get in a dream draft.

Post subject: Re: Best Play for Their Salary in Season mode
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:09 am 
Intimidator
Intimidator

Favorite Team: Yankees
Favorite Japanese title: Don't Own
Chris Young, Zach Duke, francisco liriano, dustin pedroia, jose bautista, Brian McCann. those are players off the top of my head with a 390 salary (pretty certain most of them have the lowest salary).

My list of success players

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:04 am 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Rangers
Favorite Japanese title: (PS3) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2012
Zach Duke is PP god

Prince Fielder and Brian McCann are both good values

And Justin Verlander too, 99 mph top speed and decent overall abilities for either 390 or 400

NAPOLI FOR MVP

"All people are good for something. The important thing is finding what." - Tom

post count doesn't matter

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:
i think we banned him cause he was an idiot
glad i never got banned for that

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:45 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

Favorite Team: Rays
Console '07: Don't Own
Great Hart is really good. Something like EBFBED. Can play 3b & LF and hits extra-well against lefties. He's in the white sox minors. I heard his real name is Josh Fields

I'm blanking on his name, but the Giants have a great pitcher - something like 98 DA 2sf-2; DCB-4, SL-4. He used to have really long black hair (in real life), but cut it short a couple years ago

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:48 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Rangers
Favorite Japanese title: (PS3) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2012
ERISA Dude wrote:
Great Hart is really good. Something like EBFBED. Can play 3b & LF and hits extra-well against lefties. He's in the white sox minors. I heard his real name is Josh Fields

I'm blanking on his name, but the Giants have a great pitcher - something like 98 DA 2sf-2; DCB-4, SL-4. He used to have really long black hair (in real life), but cut it short a couple years ago

Tim Lincecum; I think he has a level 4 CHG as well as/instead of that 2SFB

NAPOLI FOR MVP

"All people are good for something. The important thing is finding what." - Tom

post count doesn't matter

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:
i think we banned him cause he was an idiot
glad i never got banned for that

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:57 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

Yes - definitely thinking about Lincecum. And I agree - I may be wrong about the 2sf. He definitely has a change up and drop curve

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:06 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

CrazedPanda wrote:
What default players do you think give the most bang for their buck? I'm thinking Hanley Ramirez is at the top of the chart. Kotchman is pretty good. Idk about the rest. I just want to hear you guy's' opinions. I'm thinking about doing the full ten year contract on season mode and am not sure who do get in a dream draft.

Do you really want to start a 10-year stretch with a team of all young, powerful, solid players earning league minimum? In real life, that'd be great, but you'll have no reason to make trades, your drafts won't matter, and your FA period will be sent filling minor backup needs.

One of the things I've toyed with is doing a dream draft and picking the oldest players

Moises Alou; Dmitri Young; John Smoltz; Gary Sheffield; Jim Thome; Tim Wakefield; etc

Trades should be difficult, and training up backup players and using FA should be more important.

Also, I generally don't allow myself to offer any contracts in the 1st week of FA, and will only make an offer in the 2nd week if the crop of FAs is real thin.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:07 am 
Rookie
Rookie

Favorite Team: Reds
CrazedPanda wrote:

Do you really want to start a 10-year stretch with a team of all young, powerful, solid players earning league minimum? In real life, that'd be great, but you'll have no reason to make trades, your drafts won't matter, and your FA period will be sent filling minor backup needs.

One of the things I've toyed with is doing a dream draft and picking the oldest players

Moises Alou; Dmitri Young; John Smoltz; Gary Sheffield; Jim Thome; Tim Wakefield; etc

Trades should be difficult, and training up backup players and using FA should be more important.

Also, I generally don't allow myself to offer any contracts in the 1st week of FA, and will only make an offer in the 2nd week if the crop of FAs is real thin.[/quote][quote="ERISA Dude"]

Hmm... I don't know. I may add some older scrubs to the mix and see how that works out.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:55 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Angels
ERISA Dude wrote:
CrazedPanda wrote:

Also, I generally don't allow myself to offer any contracts in the 1st week of FA, and will only make an offer in the 2nd week if the crop of FAs is real thin.

Only one problem-your whole team will go to F/A

Cleveland Browns : The Race For Last Place
2018 MLBPP Update

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:29 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

Kungfupandacam wrote:
Only one problem-your whole team will go to F/A

1. If that is true, I still might not agree that it's a problem. You can resign FAs
2. I do not know if that is true. I know older players get shorter contracts, but it would be quite a coincidence for the 8 oldest players at each position and all the oldest pitchers to all be playing out the last year of their contract

Has anyone tried this?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:46 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

I just ran a dream draft, focusing on selecting older players and kungfupandacam was right. The vast majority of position players over 36 are in the last year of their contract before FA.