Power Pros Forum

A community-run forum for Power Pros
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 381 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next
 Post subject: Re: Abilities: How-To Thread
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:03 am 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Reds
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
DrMario wrote:
SmilingFaces96 wrote:
I just did the dating Patty story line as a hitter. I was told that you could get patient hitter by waiting for Patty multiple (>5) times when she doesn't show up. This is what happened to me

I waited and got "Cautious STL", but I don't want this. S/L .... S/L I waited and got "Rally Hitter", but I don't want this. S/L .... S/L I waited and got "Cautious STL and Rally Hitter", but I don't want these. S/L .... S/L I finally got "Patient Hitter".

You can get "Rally Hitter" too? I've gotten "Cautious STL" and "Patient Hitter" but never "Rally Hitter".

Yeh, I thought it was weird as well. I think the thought process is that you are going to go and help Patty; therefore, come to the rescue even though you don't know what's going on yet. Patient and Cautious are self explanatory why they would be a part of this event. I wouldn't have believed myself if I quoted this from memory, but I did this during my max hitter players log (soon to be posted).

I wonder if it is possible to get all three at the same time. I am sure it is, the question would be what percentage of the time would this happen.

All my success mode players that I created can be found here.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:31 pm 
Intimidator
Intimidator

Favorite Team: Rays
I know that it's a 20% chance for "Patient Hitter". Assuming it's the same for others, I would say maybe a 10% chance or less?

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3276

It's going to be great!!!

Time to stop the spam!!!

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3294

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:00 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

DrMario wrote:
I know that it's a 20% chance for "Patient Hitter". Assuming it's the same for others, I would say maybe a 10% chance or less?

As long as the events are mutually exclusive, I believe the formula for three events A, B, and C would be P(A) * P(B) * P(C). If all are 20%, then the probability of getting all to occur together would be 0.8%. For two of them, it would be a 4% chance.

What was interesting about when I got Rally Hitter, it seemed as though it was 20% while Patient hitter seemed like it was 1 out of 20 for 5%, which is how long it took me to get Patient Hitter about 20 loads.

By the way DrMario, did you ever figure out how to get Gd Eye? I would really like to know if you have. You can PM with the details. Thanks in advance.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:01 am 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Timely Whiff / Free Swinger

I believe somebody mentioned this before about maybe how to get it, but I am confirming that you can get it during a game.

Here was my conditions for receiving it, and I am definitely sure that you can get it by doing much less.

I played 2 straight games and struck out 4 times swinging at the 3rd pitch each game with power swing set without a hit.

So, for both games I was 0-4 with 4 KS.

"Obtianed Swings at anything."

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:02 pm 
Pitching Coach
Pitching Coach

Favorite Team: Red Sox
Console '07: Sony PS2
Console '08: Sony PS2
Can I get confirmations on the following info posted on the wiki?

• Break Up DP - Secrets of Defense
  • 2nd Position 4 - Spend Experience Points at the Boost screen to acquire a new position, as well as the one you originally chose.

wiki/index.php?title=Talk:Success_Mode_2008_Quick_Reference:_Fielder_Abilities

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:33 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

Favorite Team: Mariners
Favorite Japanese title: Don't Own
odawali wrote:

• 2nd Position 4 - Spend Experience Points at the Boost screen to acquire a new position, as well as the one you originally chose.

wiki/index.php?title=Talk:Success_Mode_2008_Quick_Reference:_Fielder_Abilities

I have never seen breakup DP from SoD and I have no idea how you get 2nd Position 4, but I know that is not how. It says "Acquired" and is blocked out. Wish I knew how to get 2nd Position 4. Has anyone ever tried acquiring a 2nd position at the beginning of the game to see if, maybe, Frank, Siitch or Tom gives you the 2nd Position 4 during a RE? I always acquire the 2nd and 3rd positions near the end of the game, and I assume everyone else does the same. Maybe I'll try it with my next player.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:35 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

Edit: I partially answered one of my questions about gloves last night.

1) Is there a complete list of the bats/gloves you can get from Massive's owner and Siitch? For example, I know hitters can get the Bomber Arch and On Fire Arch from Massive's owner, but not the W Shot or The Mighty. And I know hitters can get the Mizzoto Glove Pro from Siitch, but not the Mizzoto Mitt Pro.

The following gloves are available from Siitch when you answer "Neither" during the 3rd ninja training session:

Hitters:
Yes - Mizzoto Glove, Mizzoto Glove Pro
No - Mizzoto Mitt Pro

Pitchers:
Yes - Aim Shot, Heavyweight, The Doctor K, Perfect Shot, Ace Stud
No - Pitching Heart (unconfirmed)

Last edited by Eric Davis 44 on Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:26 pm 
Starter
Starter

Favorite Team: Giants
odawali wrote:

http://www.mlbppworld.com/wiki/index.ph ... _Abilities

I can confirm that I have NEVER gotten Break up DP through SoD.

I can also confirm buying new abilities does NOT give you 2nd position4

Now I cannot confirm that my two confirmations are 100% accurate, due to sample sizes less then 100 attempts, but in all the times I have ever used SoD it has not given breakup DP, and I have 3 positions on most of my success players, and not one has gotten 2nd position4 when I bought the 2/3 positions from the abilities screen.

Therein lies the problem of the Wiki. Too many cooks spoil the soup. If you plan on editing info into there, please make sure it is accurate.

Good eye Odawali for spotting what seems to be speculation, and not fact on how to get these skills.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:45 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

You cannot get Break Up DP from Secrets of Defense for Catcher, Infielder, or Outfielder. I have not verified it with a pitcher, but unlikely.

I have used a catcher, infielder, and an outfielder. I have used the SoD book until it cannot be used anymore. If Break Up DP could be received, then the book would not have been greyed out.

Probably already know, but you cannot receive Spider Catch or Pivot Man as a Catcher with SoD
Probably already know, but you cannot receive Trash Talk as Infielder or Outfielder with SoD.

As for 2nd Position 4, I read this somewhere, that it is received when you have more than one position at a B or better. Could be A, but don't recall. 2nd Position 4 automatically is filled in when this is the case. Therefore, unless you can get one of the extra positions that you buy to be level B instead of C, I don't think this is possible.

(Lunch break, just checking in).

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:35 pm 
Pitching Coach
Pitching Coach

Favorite Team: Red Sox
SmilingFaces96 wrote:
I have used a catcher, infielder, and an outfielder. I have used the SoD book until it cannot be used anymore. If Break Up DP could be received, then the book would not have been greyed out.

Yeah, that's how I would have confirmed it. Bullet-proof info, thanks.

SmilingFaces96 wrote:
As for 2nd Position 4, I read this somewhere, that it is received when you have more than one position at a B or better. Could be A, but don't recall. 2nd Position 4 automatically is filled in when this is the case. Therefore, unless you can get one of the extra positions that you buy to be level B instead of C, I don't think this is possible.

That's how it works in Player Edit mode...But if it also applies to Success Mode, the question becomes: How do you raise your fielding level to B?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:12 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

odawali wrote:
That's how it works in Player Edit mode...But if it also applies to Success Mode, the question becomes: How do you raise your fielding level to B?

I wish I knew. I have tried everything. The only thing I haven't tried is to acquire a 2nd position early in Success Mode and hope there is a RE that boosts it.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:55 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Phillies
I just cured Laziness by going to the mountain when nobody was there.

Sorry if this has been said before.

My Success Mode Players
Who (1B)
Terminator (CL)
ZackAttack (3B)
Panda (LF)
Newt (2B)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:26 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

Favorite Team: Orioles
I appologise if anyone has answered this, but how do you aquire "vs Runners" for pitchers? Is it able to be aquired in success and mlb life modes, and what must you do, I'm under the impression it is non-purchaseable via shop or with experience points accumulated.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:28 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Giants
Favorite Japanese title: (DS) Nettou! Powerful Koushien
i got it randomly after one game (i only allowed 1 hit, but yeah)

"I accept that other people have different preferences. Even when those preferences include facial tattoos and stretch pants constructed from sufficient material to shelter a small village. And their livestock. Some men enjoy dancing with other men without their tops on while others prefer the company of a woman two KFC family buckets away from upsetting the planet's rotational axis."
-David Thorne

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:29 pm 
Community Manager
Community Manager

Favorite Team: Tigers
Favorite Japanese title: (Wii) Jikkyou Powerful Major League 2009
You can get it in the boost abilities screen.

"Another year older, another year better at Power Pros!" -Me
"Best way to get laid: Tell her you're the community manager of a baseball video game forum." -SkittleMonster
"The Chronicles of Dish's Love Life. I'd read it." -BrewersFuzz
"Find a way to be alone in a baseball stadium at sunrise, when the only sound you hear are about nine birds that got lost, and found themselves in a stadium, and they’re chirping across the grandstand trying to figure out where the *(censored)* they ended up." -Dan Besbris

Twitter: @robtoml_statman

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 381 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next