Post subject: How to NOT get vs LH Batter 4
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 10:02 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Tigers
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
Favorite Japanese title: Don't Own
Okay, I know I have, and I'm pretty sure a lot of other people have, run into this problem. You're trying to make a real/realistic right-handed pitcher in Success Mode, and you can't stop getting vs LH Batter 4. This is always annoyed me. I think, after 3 years of frustration, I finally figured out the right strategy ...

1. Play every game in Season 1 as WELL AS YOU POSSIBLY CAN. If this means striking out lefties, so be it. You should get at least one game where scout evaluation goes up by 15-20. If not, replay the last WildJokers game as many times as needed.

2. Save right before the first personal scout evaluation (I think it happens Nov. Week 3?), and select, "I can do better than that!". Keep replaying until you strike out Marvin and get the 11-ish scout points.

3. By Season 2, your scout evaluation bar should be quite a bit above the minimum to pass AA. DO NOT make the AAA roster, keep your coach evaluation bar just a little bit below the line until, ideally, after your team has played the Mon-Mon-Monkeys (they're all lefties). You may not be able to do this if they're your team's last game before the GalaxySharks.

4. Once you make the AAA roster (with 2-3 games to go), save before every game and make sure you strike out no more than 2 lefties each time (in case you didn't know, you can pause and click on "SCORE" to check if the people you struck out during simulation were lefties or righties). I usually throw strikes until there's 2, and intentionally walk them from there.

5. Check your scout evaluation bar after every game. Once it's above the line, walk/hit every batter (not just lefties) you face to ensure you don't strike anyone out during simulation innings. When I did this, I got scout's eval high enough before my second to last game. As long as everything here goes right, you'll be able to keep vs LH Batter 4 out of the picture, without even much Save/Loading.

NOTE: If you're trying to make an amazing player, (A's and B's, 4-5 good breaking balls, 100 mph fastball), this probably won't work. The person I made doing this was high C's in control and stamina with a 93 mph fastball, a 2 changeup and curveball, and a 1 2-seam fastball. (A pretty good starting point for a Life Mode player, which is what I made him for.)

Last edited by detroittigers15 on Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: How to NOT get vs LH Batter 4
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 1:48 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

Favorite Team: Orioles
Console '07: Sony PS2
Console '08: Sony PS2
unfortunately if you pitch too well in the first season it won't matter in the AAA season if you strike out 2 lefties per game, you more than likely will still get vs LH batter 4. I usually pitch extremely well in the first 2 games in AA. Then every other game if I meet a LH batter I walk them till I get to a right hander. At the scouting point (at end of AA season in 3rd week of November choose second option as you go up against Marvin and just strike him out and you'll get a heap of scout points (11 I think it is). In the AAA season alot more teams have right handers, the strawberries and Gigantes. Try and nail the strawberries because all but one is a right hander and the gigantes all but 2 are right handed. Over that season you should get a scout session or 2 where you can choose to go one on one with Marvin again, just strike him out and get those scout points, and you should be fine.

Post subject: Re: How to NOT get vs LH Batter 4
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 2:53 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Tigers
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
Favorite Japanese title: Don't Own
One thing I was wondering, because it did seem like I struck out more than 9 (I think that's what the magic number is?) is the whole switch hitter thing. They count as lefties, don't they?