Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Phillies
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Console '08: Wii and DS
Favorite Japanese title: Don't Own
test99 wrote:
What are the best arcs to do?

I would agree with dusty yokkel on the arcs (even though he used a bad word), but Sittch has a much better upgrade for pitchers, the original pitch.

Image Image

Post subject: Re: Help Anyone?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:34 pm 
AAA Starter
AAA Starter

Favorite Team: Giants
Console '07: Don't Own
Console '08: Sony PS2
sorry kids, uncle dusty has himself a sailors mouth; i wont share my nickname for marvin, but i will say that it rhymes with rock hucker; cheers.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:55 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Red Sox
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
Favorite Japanese title: Don't Own
dustyyokel wrote:
sorry kids, uncle dusty has himself a sailors mouth; i wont share my nickname for marvin, but i will say that it rhymes with rock hucker; cheers.

It's not like we're "offended" (well, some may be, but I'm not) but it's important to the welfare of the community that we keep it as clean as possible.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:20 am 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Astros
Console '07: Wii and PS2
Console '08: Wii and PS2
Favorite Japanese title: (Wii) Jikkyou Powerful Major League 2009
I always do the Steak Arcs and Sittch's Arc. Basically, practice every time a coach is around, and you have vitality, your first year, then if you haven't already made the starting AAA Lineup, it should only take 1 or 2 more Spring practices to get there.

When you get Jaw's first offer, unless you are lagging behind in coach eval, it's usually best to go ahead and complete it. Jaw's Assignments are good to have as an option during AAA, after Scout Eval is pretty much locked, assuming you do fine in games. If you're making a defensive-heavy fielder, or flamethrowing reliever, you'll probably want to put Jaw at a higher priority than Isabella.

Joey's RE Arc is more of a preference thing. Usually with me, I'm just doing arcs by the time I get to AAA, unless I just passed AA by the skin of my teeth, which means I'd be practicing like crazy. Since I'm only doing Arcs, I don't really have any need for vitality, so if Joey's Poetry/Calisthenics Boot Camp pops up during a time where I've thrown the Vitality Bar out the window, then I prefer to complete it and pocket the Strength points.

I've never needed to date someone to pass. Ever. 95% of the time, I just let it go; the only exception being whenever I'm tinkering around with things, and I'm not concerned with the skill level of the player I'm making.

The other miscellaneous random arcs don't ever really hurt either, so I usually just go with them. In case you haven't figured it out, don't bother going to the park for the Ghost Girl/Dog Arc, she pops up randomly soon enough anyway.

I think that covers everything.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:32 am 
Thanks you guys! 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:25 am 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

One more thing I forgot: don't worry about what your player is good at during success mode, only what he's good at when you complete him. In other words, if I'm making a gold-glove caliber 2B that's only a mediocre hitter, I'm still going to boost all his hitting stats first, because he don't get any experience/scout eval for being a good fielder, just for hitting. I can hoard cash and splurge on glove waxes at the end to get fielding where I want it.

Similar deal with pitchers. Let's say I'm making a reliever. Relievers are going to have E or D stamina at best, maybe an occasional C for a swing man. Boosting stamina first anyway means I'll be able to pitch longer, netting myself more points to use later on for control or breaking pitches or whatever.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:03 pm 
So THATS how you do it

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:13 am 
So far I've created my best player! All A's and B's wih help from lance and Dr. Goodjob. He could have had more pwr but I bought too much spike wax instead of bat

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:36 am 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Glad to hear that it's working out for you.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:23 am 
I think I maxed out contact speed and error resistace. This is going to be awesom once I start the log. Speaking of which, once the log comes out, you guys can call yourseleves part of it

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:26 am 
AAA Starter
AAA Starter

Favorite Team: Giants
Console '07: Don't Own
Console '08: Sony PS2
something i have done a few times is not to use up any of my experience points until i get good sense from frank, which if it doesnt trigger on its own, i will mke sure it happens march week 3, and then i can play like a beast for the second year. i highly recommend the psychic goggles, had a dude hit 9 home runs in year two, with 7 homers in the last three games, not sure if this is alot but its the best i have done.