Power Pros Forum

A community-run forum for Power Pros
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 3:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Can I make "Maxed" players?
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:01 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

Favorite Team: Cubs
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
Like in the 2007 version, is there a strategy that can make your created character maxed out in statistics?

When I start making the "Tulips" characters, I'm going to max out their Arm Strength, Fielding, and Error Resistance. I'm also going to increase their power so they can get hits.

I'm also trying to create another character, but there's a problem. Here's how I want his numbers:
TRJ= 3
CON= 13
PWR= 255 (MAX)
RUN SPD= 5
ARM= 15 (MAX)
FLD= 12
ERR= 12

I don't think I can get all this within the time limit of Success Mode.

It may sound like I'm asking for "god-like" characters, but I'm not. For the Tulips team, I'm just upgrading them to be more formidable. All I'm missing for them now is their exact batting stances. I'd appreciate the help. Thanks.

Post subject: Re: Can I make "Maxed" players?
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:24 pm 
Do you have 2008? I can tell you how on that one...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:57 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

test99 wrote:
Do you have 2008? I can tell you how on that one...

Yes. I have both '07 and '08 for the Wii. It says so on my profile.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:00 am 
Do you want to do it for 2008?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:11 am 
Rookie
Rookie

test99 wrote:
Do you want to do it for 2008?

Yes, please.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:24 am 
Well first of all, you better have a lot of patience. Create a player until you get decent stats (2 TRJ, 3 Con, 70+ PWR, 5 SPD, 5 FLD, 5 ARM STR, 5 ER,). You will get the poor sence ability, but you can rid of easily (look at wiki). Practice and eat hot dogs until your first game. You will also have to do these 3 arcs:
Jaw, Isabella, and Sittch

Jaw will give you money and sometimes you can receive bats and gloves while working for him. Plus he gives about 150+ dollars each time you complete a mission. I'd save and load before completing one of his because if you fail, you can't get to him anymore.

Isabella will give you money and power! If you complete her arc, she will give you a steak that gives you at least 10+ power. If you do her arcs right, they could get you about 1000+ dollars. Look at wiki for info.

Sittch helps you rack up the experience. Also, after you complete his arc, you can practice with him for a limited amount of times.

Also, right before games, save and reload. The key is to get 10+ scout eval after each game. 8 or 9 is fine, but don't do it too often. You also want to practice at least one a week to get your coach eval up. If you're having problems with these, purchase the prince necklace and the shiny fragrances. They should give you a boost.

After you complete the game, but a purchase able bat if you don't have one. If you already have one, spend it all on bat waxes. They increase your power. If you need to do this in another area, buy glove or spike waxes with a purchase able cleats or glove.

These are my tips. Hope you can get what you're looking for.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:01 am 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Astros
Console '07: Wii and PS2
Console '08: Wii and PS2
Favorite Japanese title: (Wii) Jikkyou Powerful Major League 2009
Maxed out power is always really tough. You're going to need a lot of steak/strength training to get there. You're probably going to need a gambler's ring somewhere along the way.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:26 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

test99 wrote:
Well first of all, you better have a lot of patience. Create a player until you get decent stats (2 TRJ, 3 Con, 70+ PWR, 5 SPD, 5 FLD, 5 ARM STR, 5 ER,). You will get the poor sence ability, but you can rid of easily (look at wiki). Practice and eat hot dogs until your first game. You will also have to do these 3 arcs:
Jaw, Isabella, and Sittch

Jaw will give you money and sometimes you can receive bats and gloves while working for him. Plus he gives about 150+ dollars each time you complete a mission. I'd save and load before completing one of his because if you fail, you can't get to him anymore.

Isabella will give you money and power! If you complete her arc, she will give you a steak that gives you at least 10+ power. If you do her arcs right, they could get you about 1000+ dollars. Look at wiki for info.

Sittch helps you rack up the experience. Also, after you complete his arc, you can practice with him for a limited amount of times.

Also, right before games, save and reload. The key is to get 10+ scout eval after each game. 8 or 9 is fine, but don't do it too often. You also want to practice at least one a week to get your coach eval up. If you're having problems with these, purchase the prince necklace and the shiny fragrances. They should give you a boost.

After you complete the game, but a purchase able bat if you don't have one. If you already have one, spend it all on bat waxes. They increase your power. If you need to do this in another area, buy glove or spike waxes with a purchase able cleats or glove.

These are my tips. Hope you can get what you're looking for.

So, if I need vitality, I go to see Ben (he's the hot dog guy, right?). I only practice once a week whenever the coach is around, maybe on Week 4. I encounter Jaw and Isabella ASAP, and train with Sittch when he first shows up. Would it help if I tried meeting Dr. Goodjob?

Also, is this strategy just for the character I showed stats for? Or, can this be used for when I make the Tulip characters, as well?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:07 pm 
Well, with the Tulips Sittch, Jaw, and Isabella aren't in the game.
If you meet Dr. Goodjob, I would recommend you choose the Becoming Stronger Option and choose the Don't Sign option when he tells you to. It will work more often than not. I once got D Power before my first game in Double A!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:58 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

@test99
What I'm trying to do is create the characters you meet in the 2007 version (Alvin, Milton, Mark, etc.) on the '08 version. I've got the majority of their statistics from the wiki page written down, except their Batting Stances; I don't know what ones they specifically are. (Any help on this would be appreciated.)

For the most part, I'm gonna keep everyone's trajectory, contact, and run speed where they are (though I might make Milton's run speed at max). I'll increase their power, so they can get base-hits. But I'm also going to make everyone's arm strength, fielding, and error resistance the maximum level.

For their abilities, I'm gonna improve on those as well. In '07, Brad had Throwing 2. When I make him on this, he'll have Throwing 4. (In truth, they all will.) Mark had Gd Catcher, but in this, he'll have Grt Catcher and Gd Block. Marvin and Milton had Gd Bunt. For this, they'll both have Bunt Master. They'll also have Cannon Arm since they're outfielders.

These are just some examples, but this is what I'm trying to go for.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:07 pm 
oh...
I'm not the expert at this, but I would ask AgentP. He made a whole team of created players from 2007.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:40 am 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Brewers
Console '07: Don't Own
Favorite Japanese title: Don't Own
Um... It's super hard to get Great Catcher and Good Block without buying it with points, unless that's what you plan to do. I think d-tigers has the experience on that. :)

Inaugural Member of the 10,000 Post Cult