All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Dating 2 girls some benefits
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:20 am 
All-Star
All-Star

Favorite Team: Orioles
Console '07: Sony PS2
Console '08: Sony PS2
I know that this has long been written about, but I thought I would share some knowledge for those who require specific abilities for characters but for the sake of dating need to go through difficult means to get abilities. One example is Patient hitter and star. I have not attempted to see if this works with Lucy but I can tell you that to SOME degree it works when dating Patty and Emily. Some facts:

1. If you want intimidator then this will not work. Most of the dating occurs as normal when dating 2 girls, however at xmas Patty and Emily will not see you a xmas. When Patty asks to work the shop with you, funny she asks you to do it with her, and when you say yes, her response is "really" but then goes on to say it will not work. Save loading does not change this response so intimidator with this method is out of the question.
2. You may need to save load, I say this because although I've never encountered it, dating 2 girls can end badly if one finds out.

Start dating Patty from the get-go as normal. Follow the arc as found in the wiki. Emily after you see her at the park with marvin and when you see her at the park with the dog, the dating sequence should kick in by July but I have seen it appear in september. Best way of getting star early from Emily is when you have the choice go to the park, then lookout and keep it to those. The dates usually occur 2 weeks apart. The star ablility is a chance on save/load the second time all those kids get on your shoulders.

You must be warned that after the aforementioned Patty rejection you will NOT be able to date Patty again even though her head bobs up on the screen over the hot dog place. It will just read that you saw Patty at Bens and you'll get some vitality and other stuff. I have not tried dating Emily after getting star when I'm trying for patient hitter as I don't need her for anything else.

I apologise if this has been written up already. I have been asked quite often of late how I get players with certain abilities given the save/load and difficulty with some. This is just one example. I encourage anyone to experiment when playing (provided you have the time) as there are endless possibilities I feel in the game to get abilities.