Post subject: a come from behind win
PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:36 pm 
Designated Poster
Designated Poster

Favorite Team: Tigers
Console '07: Sony PS2
Console '08: Sony PS2
Favorite Japanese title: Don't Own
i just played the galaxysharks my team trailed twice in the title game tied it up the bottom half of that inning and winning it in the 9th inning 3-2 with a lead off triple then stunning the pitcher then a base hit.

Post subject: Re: a come from behind win
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 4:38 pm 
Ace
Ace

Favorite Team: Cubs
Console '07: Sony PS2
Console '08: Sony PS2
I have a similar story too. I just got back into playing MLB power pros and I wanted to make Anthony Rizzo so I went through a success mode. I had him finished by the 2nd game of year 2 so I just skipped weeks and played the games to get it done, but we made it to the title game.

I got down early in the 3rd inning 1-0 on a double, but was able to tie it up on a base hit by Anthony Rizzo. Then as the innings go on Sittch continues to shut me down but I shut them down, until the 7th where Marvin lets a routine groundball go past him in center field and the runner gets to second base. They get an RBI base hit to take the lead 2-1. Fast forward to the bottom of the 9th and it's my 8-9-1 hitters due up. My catcher hits a double to left, followed by a pinch hit RBI double to tie the game!!! Marvin then hits a single, but my two hole hitter grounds into a double play. With two out, one on, Anthony Rizzo steps up to the plate. Pretty cool scenario because the fate of the championship is up to guy I'm doing success mode with. On an 0-1 count the pitchers hangs a curve and Rizzo drills it to straightaway centerfield for the game winning homerun. We won 4-2.

This was such a nerve racking game, so much fun. I'm sure yours was the same