PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:37 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Angels
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
Favorite Japanese title: (Wii) Jikkyou Powerful Major League 2009
Roster and Stats
Braves TRJ CON POW RUN SPD FLD ARM STR ERES BLUE ABILITIES RED ABILITIES GREEN ABILITIES 2ND POSITIONS NUMBER
Lineup - Starts
1. Ender Inciarte*, CF 2 10(normal) 105(fluke?) 12(may be high) 13(higher stats) 12(high?) 8(could be high) "Tough Out, Gd INF hitter, Bunt Master, Spray Hitter, Firstball Hitter, BR-4
" W/RISP-2 RF-C, LF-C 11
2. Dansby Swanson, SS 2 8 105 10 10 10 6 too small of sample size too small of sample size too small of sample size 2B-C 7
3. Freddie Freeman*, 1B 4 11 200(underpowering him a little and using last season's stats to average him out 9 10 10(jag gave him this) 11 "Clutch-4, Power Hitter, Spray Hitter, Hot Hitter, Firstball Hitter, Intimadator,
" Vs. Lefty-2 Patient Hitter, Slugger, Star 3B-C 5
4. Matt Kemp, LF 3 9 170 7 2 6 9 this season is confusing confusing!!! 4 splits Star CF-C, RF-C 27
5. Nick Markakis*, RF 2 8 100 5 8 4 9 "Tough Out, Clutch-4, spray hitter, throwing-4, push hitter
" 1B-C 21
6. Brandon Phillips, 2B 2 9 115 9 13 12 13 Gold Glover, spray hitter, running 4, throwing 4, clutch-5 star, agg HTR, agg run, agg field 3B-C SS-D 4
7. Adonis Garcia, 3B 2 8 120 8 8 8 9 Vs. Lefty-4, Tough Out LF-C 13
8. Tyler Flowers, C 2 9 130 4 6 5 10 FB Hitter, Pull Hitter Timely whiff, consistency 2, Pr Small ball, clutch-2 25
Bench - Starts
Anthony Recker, C 2 4 100 6 4 11 5 not enough not enough N/A 20
Kurt Suzuki, C 2 7 145 4 10 12 10 Vs. Lefty-5, pull hitter, Clutch-5, Grt Pinch Hitter, Gd Bunt, Gd Catcher, Tough Out, agg field 24
Chase d'Arnaud, 3B 1 6 80 14 8 9 8 Not enough Not enough N/A all OF-C, all INF-C 23
Em. Bonifacio**, 2B 1 5 80 12 11 8 6 not enough not enough N/A all OF-C, all INF-C but 1B-F 64
Jace Peterson*, INF/OF 2 6 73 11 10 9 7 "gd small ball, br-4, vs.lefty-4, tough out

" error prone pt hitter all OF-D, all INF-C 8
Rotation - Starts TOP SPD CONTROL STAM PITCH 1 PITCH 2 PITCH 3 PITCH 4 PITCH 5 PITCH 6 BLUE ABILITIES RED ABILITIES GREEN ABILITIES
Starters
1. Julio Teheran 97 160 150 SLRV-3/SLD-2 CCHG-3 CRV-4 Recovery-4, W/RISP-4, Spin 4, FB Life-4 Flyball pitcher/Ft Pitch, Release-2 Star
2. Bartolo Colon 96 180 150 2SFB-2 SLD-3 CHG-2 Vs.Lefty-4, Release-4, Recovery-4, Lucky
3. Jaime Garcia* 95 140 130 SNK-3/2SFB-2 CCHG-5 HSLD-4 CRV-2 GB Pitcher, Recovery-4, Spin-4 Durabilty-2
4. R.A. Dickey 90 120 150 KN-7 PALM-2 W/RISP-4, Recovery-4, Durability-4 Fat Pitch, Spin-2,
5. Mike Foltynewicz 101 120 140 SIFB-3 CHG-2 DCB-3 SLRV-1 FB Life-4, Vs. Lefty-4. Recovery-4, gd low pitch
Bullpen
LR
Josh Collmenter 92 140 130 CUT-2 CCHG-2 DCB-4 W/RISP-4, Recovery-4
MR
Chaz Roe 97 100 40 HSLD-3 Dr. K Gb Pitcher, Vs. Lefty-1
Eric O'Flaherty* 92 120 40 V-Slider 2 SIFB-2 CHG-1 W/RISP 4, GB Pitcher, safe pitch, Vs LH Hitter 4, Release 4, Recovery-4
Jose Ramirez 100 100 120 HSLD-5 CCHG-2 Dr. K, recovery 4, W/RISP-4, Safe Pitch, FB Life-4, Vs. Lefty-5, STR FINISHER, Flybal Pitcher
SU
Ian Krol* 97 137 60 SIFB 3 CCHG 4 CB 1 V-SLD-3 W/RISP 4, release 4, vs LH Hitter 4 FB Life 2, fat pitch,
Arodys Vizcaino 102 140 40 DCB-5 CCHG-1 str finisher, intimidator, w/risp-4, vs. lefty-4, fb life-4, spin-4, Recovery-4
Closer
Jim Johnson 99 120 40 DCB-5 chg-1 dr.k, str finisger, gb pitcher, w/risp-4,
DL AND MINORS
DL Pitchers (R5 means Rule 5 Draftee)
Jacob Lindgren* 95 120 55 SLD-5 2SFB-1/SIFB-1 CHG-1 dr.k, gb pitcher, release-4, recovery-4 walk
DL Hitters TRJ CON POW RUN SPD FLD ARM STR ERES BLUE ABILITIES RED ABILITIES GREEN ABILITIES 2ND POSITIONS NUMBER
Sean Rodriguez, INF/OF mainly 2B?? 2 8 145 10 10 9 12 n/a n/a n/a all positions but Catcher is a C
Reserved...
Agent List:
@AgentP - 1B Freddie Freeman and SP RA Dickey

Cleveland Browns : The Race For Last Place
2018 MLBPP Update

Last edited by Kungfupandacam on Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:01 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Atlanta Braves - "It Ain't Over 'til It's Over" - 2017 T
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:34 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Note: To make the storyline work, I made it so that John Hart took over baseball operation and kept as GM.
John Hart Dies, GM Job Up For Grabs.
After John Hart dies, it opens up Atlanta’s GM Job.
When John Hart died on Monday after such a short time in Atlanta, many fans were sad to see that John Hart would die at 69.
Sure, Hart hadn’t done anything that fully transformed the Braves, but John Hart had been a good GM building up AAA and letting the team grow.
But, really, that's neither here nor there at this point. John Hart is dead, and team President John Schuerholz, and former manager Bobby Cox has been tasked with leading and directing the search to find his successor. Speculation has abounded already, with MLB.com's Mark Bowman linking the Braves' braintrust to Royals GM Dayton Moore, formerly an assistant GM under Schuerholz in Atlanta, and Peter Koten, a young college student from Powerful University.
The third hot name in the GM search has been Braves assistant GM and Director of Scouting, John Coppolella. Coppolella, a 35-year-old Notre Dame alum, was brought on by Wren after working in the New York Yankees organization in 2006. Coppolella has been regarded for some time now as a potential candidate to become a general manager. His name was tied to the Texas Rangers' GM search earlier in 2015, and he was named as Baseball Prospectus' top GM candidate to know in a survey conducted earlier this year by the BP staff.
As the Baseball Prospectus piece mentions, not only does Coppolella excel in understanding and implementing advanced statistics, he also has valuable experience in the more traditional arena of scouting. Scouts are often stereotyped as old dinosaurs who rely on their eyes and instincts rather than statistical information to evaluate players, and that isn't a completely unfair take. However, the role of scouting in the decision-making process for Major League teams shouldn't be understated--sabermetrics tell us a lot about players, but traditional scouting is still a pivotal piece of how teams identify talent.
Fortunately, Coppolella doesn't fall into either of the "Peter Brand" or the "Gus Lobel" archetypes, but is somewhat of a rarity--he's excelled in both the traditional scouting and the sabermetric fields in baseball. This is highly, highly important and valuable in the context of Major League Baseball front offices. While many of the readers of our site and our writers may tend to lean towards being strongly pro-sabermetrics, many long-time executives and scouts in baseball (such as the guys heading the GM search, for example) are less friendly towards non-traditional manners of evaluation and decision-making in the game. Braves fans may not like the fact that three guys who we generally associate with the 1990s are heading this GM search, but that's just reality. It seems, however, that a candidate such as Coppolella who is able to blend new-age techniques with orthodox baseball practices, could be appealing to the trio who'll decide who should become the franchise's newest GM.
While being a nice person shouldn't the the number one qualifier when a franchise looks for a GM, hiring a person who can't get along with his co-workers probably isn't the best strategy. Although hyperbole does sometimes seem to permeate these discussions in the immediate aftermath of a major transaction or personnel move, it probably isn't unfair to say that Wren wasn't the easiest guy with whom to work.
In contrast, conversations that I've had with people who know and have dealt with Coppolella indicate that his personality would be an ideal fit for someone serving as General Manager. Coppolella is well-regarded both by the media, and by those who work with him and in baseball at large. One source told me that he is the "definition of a people person" and that "(he) has never spoken to anyone who doesn't like him in the industry." That, to me, is a ringing endorsement of someone who would be adept at maintaining a front office dynamic that is not abrasive and is conducive to collective success. As I mentioned, being easy to work with isn't everything, but it sure seems that it would be helpful.
With all of this being said, I believe that choosing John Coppolella as the franchise's next GM would be wise. He has experience working with the current "braintrust" and a reputation as being a positive person with whom to work, he has a decade and a half's worth of experience and administration in MLB front offices, despite being in his mid-30's, and he has experience in both the traditional scouting and sabermetric analysis venues of the game. He's sharp, young, and universally-regarded as a person who would make for a strong GM. Combining advanced knowledge of new-age techniques with a background in scouting is what all teams, in my opinion, should look for in a GM. For an organization that values continuity and internal promotions, this move seems even more obvious, considering Coppolella's background in Atlanta's organization.
In short, for the love of God, don't hire Dayton Moore when an excellent, qualified GM candidate is already sitting in the same office as you.

2018 MLBPP Update

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:38 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Rangers
Favorite Japanese title: (PS3) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2012
Dibs on Matt Wisler if he's around in the minors

also Freeman because he's actually,,,,, good

NAPOLI FOR MVP

"All people are good for something. The important thing is finding what." - Tom

post count doesn't matter

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:
i think we banned him cause he was an idiot
glad i never got banned for that

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:54 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

AgentP wrote:
Dibs on Matt Wisler if he's around in the minors

also Freeman because he's actually,,,,, good

Yeah no Matt Wisler...
I have a minors, but it's so small I don't feel like posting it in the OP
Sam Freeman* 99 100 40 V-SLD-2 SPLT-3 SIFB-1 REcovery-4
Max Fried* 99 100 120 DCB-2 CCHG-2 Recovery-4
Rex Brothers* 100 100 40 V-SLD-3 CCHG-2 W/RISP-4, release 4, Vs LH Hitter 4, Recovery-4 consistency-2
Jason Motte 102 130 40 CUT-4 CCHG-1 SIFB-2 W/RISP 4, FB Life 4, Release 4, Recovery-4
Lucas Sims 95 100 120 SLD-2 CRV-3 CCHG-3 SIFB-2 Recovery-4
Sean Newcomb* 99 100 130 DCB-3 SLD-5 CCHG-2 Recovery-4
Akeel Morris 97 112 55 V-SLD-1 CHG-3 Dr K, Recovery-4 Release 2, Fat Pitch, Shuuto Spin
Minor League Hitters TRJ CON POW RUN SPD FLD ARM STR ERES BLUE ABILITIES RED ABILITIES GREEN ABILITIES 2ND POSITIONS
Johan Camargo** 3B 2 7 100 9 8 7 8 2B-C,SS-C
Lane Adams OF-A 2 5 100 13 8 8 7 OF-A
Rio Ruiz* 3B 2 5 100 7 8 9 9

2018 MLBPP Update

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:06 am 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Rangers
Would say feel free to input my Wisler (http://www.mlbppworld.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=9731) but he's probably OP given his poor performance irl this season

I guess I'll take,,,, Dickey? yeah

NAPOLI FOR MVP

"All people are good for something. The important thing is finding what." - Tom

post count doesn't matter

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:
i think we banned him cause he was an idiot
glad i never got banned for that

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:04 am 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

I'll put him in the update for myself probably and put it in the huge excel document.

2018 MLBPP Update

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:00 am 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

The Atlanta Braves Hire Young Powerful University Alumni, Corey Parks
ATLANTA -- After watching Corey Parks do most of the heavy lifting that encompassed the massive reconstruction process their organization has undergone over the past year, the Braves have named him their general manager.

A formal announcement was made during a Thursday afternoon news conference at Turner Field. Parks will now have the title for the role he has essentially filled for the past year.
"It feels kind of surreal just to get that [GM] title because I was never really worried about titles or who was doing the work, you just want to be part of the team," Parks said. "But it's something now where, I don't want to say more accountable, but it's on you now. I've always been motivated and I've always been challenged. This just raises the bar a little higher."

• Parks's creativity, work ethic led to GM role
When the Braves dismissed Frank Wren as their GM on Sept. 21, 2014, they opted to try and give the late Hart the main role while easing Corey to get the GM Role in 2018 or 2019. However this didn't work...

All along, the Braves knew Parks had the capability to earn this distinguished title.
"We didn't map out a plan, but we figured this is a really, really smart man," Braves president John Schuerholz said. "This guy is really sharp and works really hard. He's got a great work ethic and he really loves the Braves more than anything. That's the guy you want to keep your eyes on."

Coppollella did much of the legwork to arrange the trades that sent Jason Heyward, Justin Upton, Evan Gattis and Craig Kimbrel elsewhere and the mega deal that brought Hector Olivera from the Dodgers to the Braves on July 30. As he manufactured those deals, which helped reshape the farm system, compiled Draft picks and created financial flexibility in creative manners, he worked hand-in-hand with Hart, who served as an accomplished advisor and ultimate decision-maker.

"I called them Batman and Robin when I introduced those guys about a year ago," Schuerholz said. "They worked side-by-side and were deeply involved in trades. One did one part and the other did the other part of it. It turned out quite well and they did remarkable work in a short period of time. Corey really, really did remarkable work in that process."

Along with providing guidance, Hart was the authoritative figure who provided final approval of those trades and harnessed the actions of the tireless and aggressive Parks, who has been a part of Atlanta's front office since leaving the Yankees at the conclusion of the 2006 season. The Brewers and Mariners both expressed interest in Parks as they moved toward filling their GM vacancies in September. But Parks did not end up interviewing for either position, ultimately because the Braves acquiesced his wish to become a GM while remaining in Atlanta.

2018 MLBPP Update

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:18 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

First Atlanta Braves Spring Training Game!!!

Second Atlanta Braves Spring Training Game!!!

2018 MLBPP Update

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:23 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Athletics
Console '07: Wii and PS2
Console '08: Wii and PS2
Something tells me Freddie Freeman hits a homer in the second game.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2017 and 2018 MLBPPW Fantasy Football League Champion