Power Pros Forum

A community-run forum for Power Pros
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Two Expansion Mode Challenge Ideas...
PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:42 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Rays
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Console '08: Wii and DS
Favorite Japanese title: Don't Own
So after seeing alloutwar's expansion mode challenge I thought of two other expansion mode ideas. They are much easier than his challenge, though. The two challenges have the same rules:

Difficulty set to All-Star
5 trades a season maximum
Whether or not you play or sim the games is up to you

1. F/A challenge.
I've had this idea for a while and have played a few expansion season games with it. There are 25 free agents in the game, the same size as a regular season roster. My idea is to create an expansion team, save it as an Arrange team, and replace all players with poor stats with the 25 free agents. Then start a new season with your F/A team. This would be hard for a few reasons, such as how James is the only southpaw pitcher and D.Johnson is the only real power hitter. You can switch out free agent players with players from the original expansion team if they are better than them, however there must be at least 12 free agent players on your MLB roster.

2. Great challenge.
Players with the first name "Great" are players who are not members of the MLBPA and could not have their names in the game. Same idea as the F/A team, but you can replace the entire original expansion roster with Great players if you feel like it since there are much more Great players than F/A players. And since there are so many Great players, you can pick and choose which ones you want on your team.

So, do you like these ideas? Let me know how it goes for you if you try either of them.