Power Pros Forum

A community-run forum for Power Pros
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: What's the best trade you have ever made?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:15 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Phillies
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
GoCubsGo2338 wrote:
Okay, silly question. I seem to be losing grounds in the points game, so I traded some of my players for points. I probably should've confirmed before doing that, but do I still have to pay their salaries even if they go to another team?

The reason I ask is because after trimming my roster, I'm still losing ground. Maybe I need to actually play more games and earn points instead of skipping half of them.

What am I doing wrong here?

No, you don't have to pay players' salaries after you trade them. If you have a payroll over 100,000 PP, it becomes really hard to turn a profit, so the key is to look for cheap bargain players who will still produce.

My Success Mode Players
Who (1B)
Terminator (CL)
ZackAttack (3B)
Panda (LF)
Newt (2B)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:59 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Giants
Favorite Japanese title: (DS) Nettou! Powerful Koushien
Maybe your salary is too high.
The Cubs have a pretty high salary...
Anyways, just try trading the higher salary players for lower salary guys, even if it means stepping down a bit skillswise.
What's your record as well, as doing well in games does have a lot to do with it...

"I accept that other people have different preferences. Even when those preferences include facial tattoos and stretch pants constructed from sufficient material to shelter a small village. And their livestock. Some men enjoy dancing with other men without their tops on while others prefer the company of a woman two KFC family buckets away from upsetting the planet's rotational axis."
-David Thorne

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:13 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Cubs
Favorite Japanese title: Don't Own
Yeah, a high salary really hurts. Just check out my Cubs log. I've had to get rid of Scott Eyre, Henry Blanco, Daryle Ward, and others for minor leaguers just to cut my salary. :( Playing out games also helps to get you more points. If you've really dug yourself into a hole, you can try and cheat by going on easy mode so you dominate and get tons of points.

"Just because something's impossible doesn't mean it can't be done." - Medley
"Look Beyond The F*** It™" - Benjamin Zander
"Potatoes are wannabe vegetables!" - Leila Takagi

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:47 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

Favorite Team: Cubs
Console '08: Wii and DS
I am on easy mode. I'm going to play one season on easy so I can get acclimated to all the nuances. Some of the benchmarks are starting to level up, so I might start raking in some more points shortly. I think my problem might be my record is good, therefore I elect not to play games since I'm already leading my division by a large margin. I've been winning a good portion of the skipped games, therefore leading to more skips.

Obviously I need to actually play more games manually.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:26 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Phillies
Console '07: Don't Own
Favorite Japanese title: (Vita) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2012
I know, bumping an old thread, but I felt like sharing these from my Mariners season on an emulator. I got some ideas from Agent's King's Court log. You really can clear off salary for a team like this, and I brought in a good amount of prospects. Bench guys like Willie Bloomquist and Jamie Burke had surprising value - Bloomquist for Fields (B power at 26 yrs. old) was at 4 stars. I liked Johjima but getting three young guys for his salary was nice.

Greg Norton and Miguel Batista to Wings for SP Camacaro (20 yrs. old, 96/D/C, FORK 4/CB 2/CUT 2, vsLH4/SafePitch)
Hideo Nomo, Miguel Cairo, and Richie Sexson to Yankees for P Joba Chamberlain
Carlos Silva to Reds for 1B Joey Votto, SP Homer Bailey, and SP Johnny Cueto
Roy Corcoran and Jamie Burke to Expos for 3B Hiatt (24 yrs. old, E/C/E/D/F/D) and SP Schrager (19 yrs. old, 88/D/B, CB 3/FORK 1/CUT 3/SLD 1, Dur2)
Yuniesky Betancourt, Arthur Rhodes, and Jarrod Washburn to Rockies for SS Troy Tulowitzki, SP Franklin Morales, and SP Ubaldo Jimenez
Sean Green, Jose Vidro, and Erik Bedard to Marlins for SP Andrew Miller, 2B Dan Uggla, and OF Jeremy Hermida
Willie Bloomquist to White Sox for LF/3B Josh Fields and P John Danks
Brad Wilkerson, Anderson Garcia, and Ryan Rowland-Smith to Tigers for SP Justin Verlander
Chuck James, Raul Ibanez, and J.J. Putz to Dodgers for RP Jonathon Broxton, OF Matt Kemp, and SP Chad Billingsley
Kenji Johjima, Angel Chavez, and Mark Lowe to Rays for Evan Longoria, Matt Garza, and Dioner Navarro
Yorman Bazardo and Great White to Wings for OF Quintana (20 yrs. old, E/D/E/E/C/F)
Mike Morse to Red Sox for RP Jonathan Papelbon, SS Jed Lowrie, and RP David Aardsma

Jose Lopez and R.A. Dickey to Astros for OF Hunter Pence
Matt Kemp to Pirates for 3B/OF Jose Bautista
Endy Chavez to Red Sox for SP Jon Lester
Cha-Seung Baek and Dan Johnson to Brewers for OF Ryan Braun
Chad Billingsley, Jed Lowrie, and John Danks to the Pirates for P Zach Duke and OF Jason Bay
Jason Bay and Joaquin Benoit to Angels for P Jered Weaver
Adrian Beltre (huge $$$), Andrew Miller, and Mike Morse to Marlins for SS Hanley Ramirez
Brian Fuentes to Rangers for RP C.J. Wilson, OF Josh Hamilton, and RP Dustin Nippert
Dan Uggla to Giants for SP Matt Cain
Fernando Hernandez and Ubaldo Jimenez to Athletics for OF/DH Jack Cust and RP Andrew Brown