All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Best Player in Draft?
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:37 am 
Batboy
Batboy

Favorite Team: Angels
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
whats the best layer you drafted in season mode?

the hitters suck, plain and simple, now pitchers, i drafted a guy who had C stamina and control, 95 MPH fastball, LV.4 curve, LV.3 change up, LV.1 2-seam fastball, LV.4 Slider and a LV. 2 Sinkin Fastball, not bad, could actually use him in my rotation, get this, i was the last team to draft a player that round :lol:

Post subject: Re: Best Player in Draft?
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:59 am 
Community Manager
Community Manager

Favorite Team: Tigers
Favorite Japanese title: (Wii) Jikkyou Powerful Major League 2009
Christian 3B:

4 Trj
E con
B pwr

from dream draft.

"Another year older, another year better at Power Pros!" -Me
"Best way to get laid: Tell her you're the community manager of a baseball video game forum." -SkittleMonster
"The Chronicles of Dish's Love Life. I'd read it." -BrewersFuzz
"Find a way to be alone in a baseball stadium at sunrise, when the only sound you hear are about nine birds that got lost, and found themselves in a stadium, and they’re chirping across the grandstand trying to figure out where the *(censored)* they ended up." -Dan Besbris

Twitter: @robtoml_statman

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:27 am 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Red Sox
5 think he means the draft during the season

Joakim Bumatay-(LF)
User: Redsoxman53

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:50 am 
Community Manager
Community Manager

I really haven't picked up many good people in regular-season draft, but I got an excellent gray-bar player in Dream Draft, so that's why I posted it here.

"Best way to get laid: Tell her you're the community manager of a baseball video game forum." -SkittleMonster
"Find a way to be alone in a baseball stadium at sunrise, when the only sound you hear are about nine birds that got lost, and found themselves in a stadium, and they’re chirping across the grandstand trying to figure out where the *(censored)* they ended up." -Dan Besbris

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:26 am 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Red Sox
Console '08: Wii and DS
Good jitters are tough to come by in 2008, in 2007 I draft a B con/B low guy and then later I got a guy who was B, C, B, B, B

But he I drafted an insane catcher:
D Contact, C power, E run speed, C arm, C fld, D e res

He was great

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:52 am 
Benchwarmer
Benchwarmer

Favorite Team: Astros
Console '07: Don't Own
Console '08: Sony PS2
Agreed. Never bothered drafting a position player since they're all horrible and I usually don't play more than one season anyway. Pitchers are what I always go for. The last June draft I got two pitchers (one RHP and the other LHP) both with about 5 pitches, good movement, C control and C stamina. The catch, though, is that both of them have a top speed around 88 mph and they've gotten crushed in the few games i've tried using them in this season. Still, if you built up their velocities a bit, they'd be a couple of good quality pitchers. Both have extremely high trade value too.

The best player I've ever drafted is some guy called "Elder". He's a pitcher with a high 90s fast ball, C control, B stamina, and about 4 or 5 different pitches including a knuckle and forkball. Absolute K machine--an excellent player.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:56 am 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Dodgers
Console '08: Wii and PS2
Favorite Japanese title: (PS3) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2011
I got this guy in '07. His last name was Grimm. He had 3 TRJ, C contact, C power, D Run Speed, C Arm Strength, A Fielding!!!, and B E Res. I don't remember his abilities, but he was awesome!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:33 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Yankees
In 2008, the draft gets better each year. That's to stop people (AKA Me) from using an amazing arange team, replacing the last place team that year, and getting a first round great pick. Every year, they get much better apparantly, which stinks because even when I make an expansion team (I auto the season usually and just play GM and World Series games), they never get last if they get last past the first season. However, in 2007, the drafts even every year. I just got a player who had 2/3 Trajectory (don't remember), C Power. D+ Contact, C Run Speed, D Arm Strength, D Fielding, C Error Resistance. Already a very good player and definetly a future allstar. However, my team is stacked as it's my 07 Las Vegas Devils with HOFs on each position except catcher, which is the only position that stunk that draft :(. Still, I was happy with the guy I got. Even my second round pitcher was good, with 2 level 2 breaking balls, C stamina, C control, and a 95 mile fastball. I wish 08 was like that.

- When you come to a fork in the road, take it.
- When asked if he wanted a pizza cut into 4/8 slices, Yogi responds with "Better cut it into 4, I don't think I could eat 8."
-Always go to other peoples' funerals otherwise they won't go to yours.
-I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.
-In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is.
-It's tough to make predictions, especially about the future.
I'm on vacation for about a month.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:24 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Phillies
huh? could you explain that again?

My Success Mode Players
Who (1B)
Terminator (CL)
ZackAttack (3B)
Panda (LF)
Newt (2B)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:08 pm 
Community Manager
Community Manager

Basically he's saying that he likes the 07 draft better, because it had more even-ness between players every year.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:40 am 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Giants
Favorite Japanese title: (DS) Nettou! Powerful Koushien
I got a guy who had 3 CUT, 3 SLD, 3 CB, D CTRL, C STAM, 91 mph top speed.
Another guy had 1 CUT, 3 SLD, 1 CB, 2 KNCB (or maybe it was a slurve...), and D CTRL C STAM. (88 top speed i think)

"I accept that other people have different preferences. Even when those preferences include facial tattoos and stretch pants constructed from sufficient material to shelter a small village. And their livestock. Some men enjoy dancing with other men without their tops on while others prefer the company of a woman two KFC family buckets away from upsetting the planet's rotational axis."
-David Thorne

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:04 pm 
AAA Starter
AAA Starter

Favorite Team: Mets
I have never drafted such an awsome player because I usually play very well during the season. However, the best player I have ever seen in the draft was a pitcher that was picked up by the Cpu. BTW, the version was '08. Anyways, the team that picked this guy was the Yankees. His stats were crazy!!

Top speed: 96
Control: B (dont remember the number)
Stamina: D

pitches

Slider: 6
Knuckle Curve Ball: 5
Splitter:5

Abilities

Spin 4
Fastball Life 4

Every time I had to play against this guy, he would throw one or two hitters. Of course, since his stamina was his main weakness, he only could get through 6 innings at most. Then I would have to figure out a way to score runs against the bullpen....(Yankees)

And to top it all off, by the next season, all of his breaking pitches increased by 1 and his top speed increased by 1, as well as adding a change-up to his arsenal of pitches!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:00 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Phillies
I got a new catcher, his stats were like this:

2 trj
E con
D pow
F run
C arm
C fld
E e res

My Success Mode Players
Who (1B)
Terminator (CL)
ZackAttack (3B)
Panda (LF)
Newt (2B)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:56 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Dodgers
Console '08: Wii and PS2
Favorite Japanese title: (PS3) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2011
got this guy, Weibl, he was INSANE!!!

Top speed: 98! :shock:
D Control
B Stamina

Lv. 5 KNCB
Lv. 4 SLD
Lv. 3 FORK

φ abilities, but still! Plus, this was in 2008.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:11 am 
Prospect
Prospect

Favorite Team: Giants
That's what I hate about 08, the draft picks aren't super realistic to where you can find that one diamond in the rough. The best you can get here is a shiny piece of glass, well, fielding wise. Me and my brother figured this out because we tend to create monster arrange teams and train them so we can play each other with them later. We currently have 3 teams a piece.

ANYWAYS! This is what we found out. The best players you can get, who are MLB ready, are all, in order;

-Starting Pitchers ( They aren't called Aces for nothing. With B stamina and C control with a fastball that flies at the high 90's, you'd be lucky not to face one of them. Along with at least 2 level 4 pitches, these guys can dominate from the get go, but from season drafts, they're only Swing Men, so steal them from other teams, buy them if you have to. In the long hall, they're worth it.)

-Closing Pitchers (Only bested by the Starter for his ability to last longer, but to find a pitcher who throws closest to 100, with more BB options with the same nastiness, you get these guys. Though they never have B control, they have B stamina and C control, more then enough to get the 7 inning save if needed, or if you just want to show them off.)

-Catchers ( The best rookie fielders in the game ready for business from the get-go. Though they never truly touch the B range in any category, you can't get the best combo in defense AND offense, where they can have 3 trj, D contact and C power. With D speed and C defense, they are THE best fielders you can find, along with up to 4 attributes, you can never go wrong.)

-Shortstops/Second Basemen (Overall, the perfect rounded player, where they average high Ds and even a couple of C stats. Not only that, but with good attributes along with them, they're good back ups in the majors. Yet, if starting a team from scratch, these guys, are a must. They get on base, play solid D, and can get you out of a jam. Just make sure you feed the ball to the SS instead of the SB to make the DP quicker.)

-Reliving Pitchers (Nothing special. Good stamina with decent to above decent BBs that are used for ground balls or the occasional K. Can have no more then D or C control, though C is EXTREMELY rare, though their above average velocity is perfect for their spot. The best relievers though have at least one BB going away from their throwing hand, or in depending on how you look at it. )

-Third Basemen/First Basemen (Known for their abilities with the bat. They will have a good combination of bat control, power and trajectory. Enough to average 20-30 their rookie year, but the best come with either intimidator, or Clutch Hit 5, allowing them to get the job done when needed.)

-Center Fielders (Known more for their speed, but overall, good with their arms and feet. With D everything D except error resistance, these guys can play solid D and O, though they hit more bombs due to their 3 trj, and with the occasional, Spider Catch, these players are very valuable, but very rare to come by.)

-Corner Fielders (If you happen to find one of these rarities, you better snatch them. These guys tend to hit the bomb with their C power and play great D with their D arm and error resistance, but speed and contact are small issues with these positives as rookies.)

In that order. And remember, those are THE BEST YOU CAN GET! Now, it's easier to get them from dream draft, or just buying them. One thing me and my brother do, just buy the players from the teams and save the team, that way, we don't risk losing anyone we want to keep.

In terms of Season Draft, the little bars or markers on the Player Rater charts are, well, the way to tell their attributes/base stats. Now, here's the break-down;

-Pitchers
MPH - Passed the chart equals 90-92+
Stamina - Anything just touching or at the limit of the border is B hands down, but half way is C
BB - Anything passed the last marker results in up to 6 level 2-4 pitches in variety
Fielding - Anything passed the fourth marker is D-C fielding and possible B arm
I forgot the last one, I'll fix later

-Fielders
Anything passed the 3rd marker is D, automatically, but in terms of offense, the 3 trj is included since it's overall offense. But up to the 4th is C, so those are the players you want to pick up.

Sorry for the long post, but it's what my bro and I found out since it's what we do.

And as for individual players, the best I find are from the expansion teams.
A SP who throws mid 80's with 3 level 4 pitches, D control and B stamina
A CP who threw 93 with 3 level 4 pitches, 2 level 2 and a level 2 2SFB, with C control and C stamina
A Swing Man who threw 95 with 3 level 4 pitches with C Control and B stamina.

Honestly, my list can go on, but those are my favorites. XD