Power Pros Forum

A community-run forum for Power Pros
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 349 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
 Post subject: Re: Sacramento Slayers ~ Slaying The Competition (Project)
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:54 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Blue Jays
Console '07: Don't Own
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
Favorite Japanese title: Don't Own
SkittleMonster wrote:
Well I just came.

And I refuse to believe it had been over 2 years since this log was updated. That's *(censored)* weird.

Yes ik it doesnt feel that long ago does it? Crazy.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:25 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Dodgers
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Console '08: Wii and PS2
Favorite Japanese title: (PS3) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2011
6-11-08

Sacramento Slayers 9 - Salt Lake Sting 4

SUMMARY: The Slayers continue to steamroll the Sting, putting themselves in prime position for a sweep after winning the first 2 games of their 3-game set. The Slayers offense was well-prepared for Sting ace Robin Holmes, and they hit the right-hander hard straight from the get-go. After a triple by Guillermo Molina to lead off the game, Ben Zobrist immediately followed with a bloop single to drive in the Slayers backstop. The Slayers would extend their lead in the top of the third, as Jose Bautista hit his PGL-leading 29th homer over the famous Lucky Pocket wall in left-center.

The Sting put up a small fight in the bottom of the 3rd, as veteran 1B Kerry Carter hit an RBI double over right fielder Jeff Francoeur's head, scoring Holmes and making the score 3-1.

Keeping up with the trend of scoring in odd-numbered innings, Bautista struck again in the top of the 5th, hitting an RBI double to drive in Zobrist. The following inning, left fielder Mike Morse showed that yesterday's day off did wonders, as he hit a solo homer that just cleared th left field fence to give the Slayers a 5-1 lead. The dinger was Morse's 20th in 2108.

The top of the 7th is where the Slayers really began to pile on. As mentioned before, the Sting's robo-GM signed all of the crappy placeholder free agents and demoted much more talented players to AAA in order to make room for them. Well, the robo-manager isn't much better, as he is actually using these guys in games even when better options are available. What exactly is going on with the Sting management's circuits? Why the Sting, specifically? Is a conspiracy afoot? The Sting and the Slayers are in the same division after all, and have to play each other quite a lot as a result. Surely, in the year 2108, our society has evolved enough to have eliminated any sort of corruption, right? Personally, this reporter chalks it up to simple faulty programming and outdated technology. If only Mr. Greene had the idea for this league a little bit later on in his life, then maybe we wouldn't have to deal with these malfunctions. But, I suppose it is better than nothing.

Getting back on track now, one of those aforementioned "crappy free agents" was reliever Kirk Saarloos, who started the top of the 7th after inexplicably tossing a scoreless 6th inning. Jair Jurrjens led off the inning with a single, and Molina followed that up with 2-run homer into the left field seats. 2 straight doubles by Zobrist and Bautista gave the Slayers their third run of the inning and another double by yesterday's hero Adam Jones brought the grand total to 4 runs in the 7th to give the Slayers a 9-1 lead.

Slayers ace Jair Jurrjens did not have his best stuff today, but still managed to pitch quite well. The Curacaoan right-hander went 7 strong innings, only giving up 1 run and 6 hits, while notching 3 Ks en route to win number 5 on the 2108 season. It was a different story, stats-wise, for Robin Holmes. Holmes only lasted 5 innings, giving up 4 runs (all earned) and 9 hits. The loss bumps Holmes' record to 2-3 on the 2108 campaign.

The Sting launched somewhat of a rally in the bottom of the 9th, scoring 3 runs off Slayers reliever Kent Collier. All in all, however, it was a classic case of too little, too late for the Sting, who drop yet another game.

SLAYERS' LINEUP
G. Molina - 3-5, 3B, HR (8), 2 RBI, 3 R, .331
B. Zobrist - 3-5, 2B, RBI, R, .319 (Player of the Game)
J. Bautista - 3-5, 2 2B, HR (29), 4 RBI, 2 R, .299
A. Lind - 1-4, .324
A. Jones - 1-4, 2B, RBI, .297
J. Francoeur - 1-4, K, .324
M. Morse - 1-4, HR (20), RBI, R, .298
M. Prado - 1-4, .293
J. Jurrjens - 1-3, R, .071
----- PH - K. Millar - 0-1, .316
--------- K. Collier - 0-0, .200
doyouevenreadthispart J. Chamberlain - 0-0, .250

STING LINEUP
A. Grant - 2-5, SB, .393
K. Carter - 1-4, 2B, RBI, .348
D. Bacon - 1-4, 2B, 2 K, .372
M. Williamson - 0-4, K, .308
M. Sheppard - 0-4, K, .172
H. Crosby - 1-4, R, K, .256
M. Martinez - 2-4, 2B, HR (6), 2 RBI, R, .265
C. Harvey - 2-4, 2B, R, .261
R. Holmes - 1-2, 2B, R, .200
----- K. Saarloos - 0-0, .143
------- E. Gonzalez - 0-0, .364
--------- H. Nomo - 0-0, .235
----------- M. Morris - 0-0, .429
------------- PH - T. Borland - 0-1, K, .267
--------------- J. Castro - 0-0, .389
----------------- PH - J. Oscar - 1-1, 2B, RBI, .342

SLAYERS' PITCHING
J. Jurrjens - 7 IP, 6 H, 4 K, 0 BB, 1 ER, 2.91 (W, 5-3)
K. Collier - 1.2 IP, 5 H, 2 K, 0 BB, 3 ER, 5.44
J. Chamberlain - 0.1 IP, 0 H, 0 K, 0 BB, 0 ER, 4.01

STING PITCHING
R. Holmes - 5 IP, 9 H, 1 K, 0 BB, 4 ER, 3.47 (L, 2-3)
K. Saarloos - 1 IP, 3 H, 0 K, 0 BB, 3 ER, 15.8
E. Gonzalez - 0 IP, 1 H, 0 K, 0 BB, 1 ER, 30.2
H. Nomo - 0 IP, 1 H, 0 K, 0 BB, 1 ER, 35.7
M. Morris - 1 IP, 1 H, 0 K, 0 BB, 0 ER, 13.2
J. Castro - 2 IP, 0 H, 0 K, 0 BB, 0 ER, 8.72

Every player in the Slayers' starting 9 picked up a hit today, even the pitcher Jurrjens! If the bats can stay like this, then they should have no problem completing the sweep of the Sting.

League Blowouts
Malamutes maul Squirrels 17-2
Felines beat Captains 12-1

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:25 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Red Sox
Console '08: Wii and DS
somedoreadthatpart,yes

Money can't buy life

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:48 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Brewers
:lol: Dammit I missed it because I didn't read the stupid pitcher's batting stats.

Inaugural Member of the 10,000 Post Cult

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:53 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Rangers
Favorite Japanese title: (PS3) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2012
G.Molina's your catcher, right? but he isn't Gustavo Molina?

also, nice three-hit games by him, Zobrist, and Bautista

also I also read that part

NAPOLI FOR MVP

"All people are good for something. The important thing is finding what." - Tom

post count doesn't matter

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:
i think we banned him cause he was an idiot
glad i never got banned for that

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:04 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Phillies
I'll be honest and say I don't read the pitcher's batting averages, but it is comforting that its there.

Image Image

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:01 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Hm. I guess going off on a tangent in the middle of an update isn't such a good idea after all.

AgentP wrote:

He's one of the many players I edited. I traded for him around the beginning of May. The post is right here if you want to read it.

Paul McCartney15 wrote:
I'll be honest and say I don't read the pitcher's batting averages, but it is comforting that its there.

tbh I don't really enjoy writing that part at all, but I'm past the point of no return to where the updates just wouldn't look right (to me) without them.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:10 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Phillies
PowerPro Jr wrote:
Hm. I guess going off on a tangent in the middle of an update isn't such a good idea after all.

AgentP wrote:

He's one of the many players I edited. I traded for him around the beginning of May. The post is right here if you want to read it.

Paul McCartney15 wrote:

tbh I don't really enjoy writing that part at all, but I'm past the point of no return to where the updates just wouldn't look right (to me) without them.

The attention to detail in this log is fantastic so, yeah if something was missing it would probably feel off.

Image Image

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:31 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Guys, before you read this, I have a confession to make. Hopefully it doesn't affect your opinion of this log, or me as a person in general. Here goes:

I simmed this game
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

6-12-08

Sacramento Slayers 0 - Salt Lake Sting 3

SUMMARY: After taking the first two games of the series, the Slayers fail to complete the sweep of the Sting, falling by a score of 3-0.

The only runs the Sting needed came in the bottom of the first, as third baseman Martelle Williamson launched a 2-run shot over the center field wall to give them an early 2-0 lead. It was the 12th big fly on the year for the Sting slugger. The Sting would tack on another run in the 6th via an RBI single by first baseman Kerry Carter.

That homer was all that was necessary for Sting southpaw Gabe Grant, as he completely stymied (what a word!) the Slayers' bats today. Grant went the full distance, throwing a complete game shutout, striking out 8 Slayers and only giving up 4 hits and 1 walk. The victory gives Grant his third win of the season, and considering how poorly he was doing prior to today's game, will probably be regarded as his best pitching performance all year.

Despite the loss, Anibal Sanchez pitched a decent ballgame himself. Sanchez went 6 innings, giving up all 3 of the Sting runs, but only allowed 5 hits and struck out an impressive 9 batters. Nevertheless, Sanchez was not good enough today to keep up with Grant, and his loss today gives him a 5-4 record on the season.

One bright spot for the Slayers today was reliever Kent Collier. After getting shelled in yesterday's ballgame, Collier went right back out there and pitched 2 scoreless innings, helping keep the Slayers somewhat in the game.

Despite the loss, there were very minimal substitutions made in this game, so all in all, it was a somewhat bittersweet day. While the Slayers did lose, at least this reporter doesn't have to write nearly as much as he usually does! I kid, of course.

The Slayers' 8 strikeouts is the most they have done so in a game. It is very interesting as to why they struck out so much today. Reports are that the valuable clubhouse presence that helps them out so much was nowhere to be seen during today's game. Perhaps he just got tired and wanted to see how the Slayers would do on their own...

i think i might be getting too meta with this thing

SLAYERS' LINEUP
G. Molina - 0-4, 2 K, .326
B. Zobrist - 1-4, .318
J. Bautista - 0-4, K, .295
A. Lind - 1-4, K, .322
M. Morse - 1-4, K, .298
J. Francoeur - 1-4, .323
A. Jones - 0-2, BB, .293
M. Prado - 0-3, K, .290
A. Sanchez - 0-2, K, .280
-- K. Collier - 0-1, K, .182

STING LINEUP
A. Grant - 1-4, R, K, SB, .391
K. Carter - 2-3, RBI, K, BB, .352
D. Bacon - 0-4, R, 2 K, .366
M. Williamson - 1-4, HR (12), 2 RBI, R, K, .307
M. Sheppard - 0-3, 2 K, E, .170
H. Crosby - 1-3, K, .257
M. Martinez - 1-3, K, .265
C. Harvey - 1-3, K, .262
G. Grant - 0-2, SH, .257

SLAYERS' PITCHING
A. Sanchez - 6 IP, 5 H, 9 K, 1 BB, 3 ER, 3.45 (L, 5-4)
K. Collier - 2 IP, 2 H, 1 K, 0 BB, 0 ER, 5.19

STING PITCHING
G. Grant - 9 IP, 4 H, 8 K, 1 BB, 0 ER, 7.51 (W, 3-6) (Player of the Game)

After the loss, the Slayers are now only a half-game ahead of the idle Gamblers for the division lead.

Tomorrow starts the beginning of interleague play in the PGL! The Slayers will start it off by playing a team from the AL West. This team, like the Slayers is in first place in their division, so it should definitely make for an interesting series. We should be learning about their key players quite soon.

League Blowouts
None

Last edited by PowerPro Jr on Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:04 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Tigers
You can also tell when I sim Gunmen games because of the many, many strikeouts.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:00 am 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Brewers
#PowerProsProbs

Inaugural Member of the 10,000 Post Cult

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:57 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

UPCOMING SERIES

Sacramento Slayers (41-26) vs Hawaii Heroes (39-27)

The best teams in the Western divisions of their respective leagues face off for the first of at least two series against each other. As previously mentioned, and as most of you can obviously tell, this is the beginning of the interleague play section of the season. The Slayers did have a series against an AL team (the Columbus Senators, to be exact) in mid-May, but there were none before or immediately after that. The Slayers won that series 2 games to 1.

The Slayers are at home this series, meaning that the homefield advantage they already have should be amplified due to the fact that the Heroes will be traveling all the way from Hawaii. Nevertheless, they are still a great team and the Slayers should definitely prepare for them accordingly.

What makes the Heroes so great? Here are some of their key players:

Steven Lynch, RF, #7, L/L, 31 years old
3 TRJ, C CON, C PWR, B RUN SPD, B ARM STR, C FLD, D E RES
GM REPORT: Lynch, a free agent after this season, has put up quite impressive numbers in his walk year. Lynch is hitting .337, with 10 home runs and 55 RBI, and has a .990 OPS, good for second on the team behind the guy I'll be going over next. He has been the ideal leadoff man for the Heroes' potent offense, and is considered by both his teammates and rival players to be the best all-around player on the team. Lynch is known for his ability to hit the ball to all fields, and is also amazing when it comes to clutch situations. He is no slouch in the field either, with a notably strong and accurate throwing arm. Lynch does have one weakness; he isn't very strong against lefties. We could be able to give him a tough time at the plate in Game 2, since C.J. Wilson, a southpaw, will be starting then.

Brian Spencer, 1B, #37, S/L, 29 years old
4 TRJ, D CON, A PWR, F RUN SPD, C ARM STR, C FLD, B E RES
GM REPORT: Spencer leads the Heroes in home runs (16), RBI (73), and OPS (1.002). The indimidating first baseman has immense power and can tee off on both lefties and righties. He is prone to the strikeout and is very slow, so keeping the ball low in the zone is a must when facing him in order to get him to either strike out or ground out, because if he hits the ball in the air, it's probably bad news.

James Settle, SP, #74, R/L, 35 years old
89 TOP SPD, B CTRL, A STAM, SCB 3, CHG 1
GM REPORT: You wouldn't be able to guess it by looking at his abilities, but the veteran southpaw somehow has the 4th-best ERA in the entire PGL! While Settle isn't the most gifted pitcher on his team (and I'm sure he'd be the first to tell you that), he has posted ace-like numbers this year and is being called the surprise of the season by many people associated with the league. Settle generates most of his outs through weak flyouts, likely due to his slow, looping curveball, which he throws in nearly half of his pitches. Due to his finesse pitching style, Settle has far less strikeouts compared to other PGL pitchers with a low ERA. Every pitcher besides Settle in the top 5 in the PGL in ERA also has at least 80 strikeouts, but he only has 48 to his name. With his ability to generate weak contact and the Slayers' tendency to swing at pretty much anything in the strike zone, Settle could be very troubling for the Slayers. He will start the finale of the three-game set against Brandon Morrow.

PROJECTED PITCHING MATCHUP:

Game 1: S. Marcum (7-4, 4.60) vs. Cameron Wood (96 TOP SPD, F CTRL, B STAM, 2SFB 2, SLV 3, SIFB 3; 1-6, 10.56)
Game 2: C.J. Wilson (6-0, 2.61) vs. Jordan Delarose (96 TOP SPD, E CTRL, B STAM, CUT 3, SLD 2, CB 5, CHG 2; 5-5, 7.90)
Game 3: B. Morrow (2-3, 4.57) vs. J. Settle (8-3, 2.24)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:35 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

6-13-08

Sacramento Slayers 3 - Hawaii Heroes 2

SUMMARY: A somewhat unexpected low-scoring game goes the Slayers' way today, taking the opening game of the series in walk-off fashion by a score of 3-2.

The first run of the game came in the bottom of the first on a 2-out RBI single by Adam Lind, scoring Ben Zobrist. The Heroes would not be down for long, however, as their normally light-hitting shortstop Vincent Rose doubled into the right-center field gap to tie the game back up.

Both starters put in decent performances for their club today. Cameron Wood pitched 5 solid innings of 1-run baseball before being lifted. The Heroes' young righty allowed a somewhat worrisome 7 hits and 2 walks but struck out 3 and looked effective throughout the game. Even so, Wood was outlasted by Slayers starter Shaun Marcum, who went 7 quality innings for the Slayers, giving up only 2 runs. Marcum, like Wood, was hittable in today's game, as the Heroes picked up 11 hits off him, but Marcum was able to work out of pretty much any jam he was forced into, and the fact that he did not walk anybody was very impressive and one of the reasons he was able to give up such few runs.

After a bit of a lull in the middle innings, both offenses started to pick their pace back up. In the top of the 7th, the Heroes brought home the go-ahead run on a Steven Lynch single. Like the Slayers after the 1st, it did not take long for the Heroes to lose their lead.

Lind came through again for the Slayers in the bottom of the 8th, hitting a colossal home run off Heroes reliever Rob Lugo over the right field wall to tie the game up at 2. After Joba Chamberlain and Reed Owens pitched scoreless 9th innings for the Slayers and Heroes, respectively, both teams prepared for extra innings. Brandon League came in and pitched a flawless 10th, and the Heroes countered by leaving Owens in to pitch another inning.

That idea backfired quickly. After a hard ground ball by Jose Bautista went straight through shortstop Sage Moriarty's legs, Lind and Erick Aybar hit back-to-back singles, resulting in the ever-dreaded bases loaded, no out situation. Jeff Francoeur stepped up to the plate, looking to win the game for the Slayers. With a full count, Francoeur would do exactly that, lining an Owens fastball into right center field, scoring Bautista and giving the Slayers a crucial victory.

SLAYERS' LINEUP
G. Molina - 2-4, BB, .328
B. Zobrist - 2-3, 2B, R, BB, .322
---- Def Sub - F. Gutierrez - 0-1, .202
J. Bautista - 1-5, R, 2 K, .293
A. Lind - 3-5, HR (17), 2 RBI, R, .327
M. Morse - 2-4, .301
---- PR - E. Aybar - 1-1, .308
J. Francoeur - 2-5, RBI, .325 (Player of the Game)
A. Jones - 0-4, .286
M. Prado - 0-4, 2 K, .286
S. Marcum - 1-3, K, .160
---- J. Chamberlain - 0-0, .250
------ PH - K. Millar - 0-1, .308
-------- B. League - 0-0, .500

HEROES' LINEUP
S. Lynch - 2-5, RBI, .336
R. Burton - 2-5, .339
---- PR - S. Moriarty - 0-0, E, .160
D. Wolf - 1-5, 2B, SB, .251
B. Spencer - 1-5, 2 K, .310
G. Mitchell - 2-5, R, K, SB, .347
C. Allen - 0-5, K, .302
C. Ku - 1-4, 2 K, .233
V. Rose - 2-3, 2B, RBI, .265
---- PR - B. Mitchell - 0-1, R, SB, .320
C. Wood - 0-2, K, .154
---- R. Lugo - 0-1, .091
------ S. Hernandez - 0-0, .571
-------- PH - D. Palmer - 0-0, BB, .311
---------- R. Owens - 0-0, .111

SLAYERS' PITCHING
S. Marcum - 7 IP, 11 H, 4 K, 0 BB, 2 ER, 4.43
J. Chamberlain - 2 IP, 0 H, 1 K, 1 BB, 0 ER, 3.71
B. League - 1 IP, 0 H, 2 K, 0 BB, 0 ER, 3.89 (W, 4-1)

HEROES' PITCHING
C. Wood - 5 IP, 7 H, 3 K, 2 BB, 1 ER, 9.71
R. Lugo - 2.2 IP, 4 H, 1 K, 0 BB, 1 ER, 5.90
S. Hernandez - 0.1 IP, 0 H, 1 K, 0 BB, 0 ER, 5.13
R. Owens - 1 IP, 3 H, 0 K, 0 BB, 0 ER (1 R), 3.04 (L, 2-1)

The Gamblers lost today, so the Slayers' lead in the NL West grows by a game. Overall, it was a great day for the Slayers and their fans.

The Slayers have also announced that southpaw J.P. Howell has been called back up to the MLB squad. Fellow lefty Andy Perez has been sent down to AAA to take his place.

League Blowouts
Soldiers slay Dragons 18-1
Angels beat Falcons 17-7
Raiders wipe out Dinosaurs 14-3
Cobras devour Hatchlings 18-5
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A couple of things:

1. New poll is up. Also please tell me if you liked the poll I had before this new one. Glad to see the correct choice win that one.

2. To my trade adviser: Expect a PM soon. I have identified a few trade targets and am looking for your valuable input. I know it's been quite a while since I asked for your help. Hopefully you still remember you're a part of this.

Last edited by PowerPro Jr on Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:00 am 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

6-14-08

Sacramento Slayers 3 - Hawaii Heroes 0

SUMMARY: The Slayers just keep on winning, shutting out the Heroes en route to a 3-0 victory.

Just like in yesterday's ballgame, the Slayers did most of their damage in the first inning. 3 straight singles by Ben Zobrist, Jose Bautista, and Adam Lind resulted in the Slayers score the first run of the game, and a follow-up RBI double by Mike Morse brought in run number two. An RBI single by Adam Jones gave the Slayers their third and final run of both the inning and the game itself.

Luckily, those runs were all the Slayers needed, as C.J. Wilson was stellar on the mound yet again. The young southpaw went 7.1 innings, striking out 8 and walking none, while giving up only 3 hits and (obviously) no runs. Wilson's performance tonight adds another win to his spotless record, as he is now 7-0 on the 2108 campaign. Wilson and Jair Jurrjens have led the best starting rotation in the PGL so far, a bit surprising considering they weren't as highly touted as some other teams' rotations were at the beginning of the season.

Brian Wilson picked up another save tonight, number 22 for the hard-throwing closer.

SLAYERS' LINEUP
G. Molina - 1-4, K, .327
B. Zobrist - 2-4, R, K, .324
J. Bautista - 2-4, R, .296
A. Lind - 2-4, RBI, R, .330
M. Morse - 2-4, 2B, RBI, .304
J. Francoeur - 0-4, 3 K, .320
A. Jones - 1-4, RBI, SB, .285
M. Prado - 0-3, K, .283
C.J. Wilson - 0-3, K, .290
---- B. League - 0-0, .500
------ B. Wilson - 0-0, ----

HEROES' LINEUP
S. Lynch - 0-3, 2 K, BB, .332
R. Burton - 0-4, .333
D. Wolf - 1-4, .251
B. Spencer - 0-4, 2 K, .305
G. Mitchell - 1-3, 2 K, .347
C. Allen - 1-3, .303
C. Ku - 0-3, 2 K, .230
V. Rose - 0-3, K, .262
J. Delarose - 0-1, .000
---- A. Baxter - 0-1, K, .000
------ PH - D. Palmer - 0-1, K, .309
-------- R. Owens - 0-0, .111

SLAYERS' PITCHING
C.J. Wilson - 7.1 IP, 3 H, 8 K, 0 BB, 0 ER, 2.40 (W, 7-0) (Player of the Game)
B. League - 0.2 IP, 0 H, 2 K, 0 BB, 0 ER, 3.82
B. Wilson - 1 IP, 0 H, 1 K, 1 BB, 0 ER, 2.45 (SV, 22)

HEROES' PITCHING
J. Delarose - 4.1 IP, 10 H, 1 K, 0 BB, 3 ER, 7.79 (L, 5-6)
A. Baxter - 2.2 IP, 0 H, 5 K, 0 BB, 0 ER, 5.61
R. Owens - 1 IP, 0 H, 1 K, 0 BB, 0 ER, 2.98

Slayers 2B Martin Prado went 0-3 with a strikeout tonight. With rumors that the Slayers might be acquiring another middle infielder, that performance might not bode well for his future. With Ben Zobrist looking very impressive so far, Prado will likely be the odd man out in the starting lineup should the rumors be true.

League Blowouts
Rhinos pierce Whalers 13-3
Hatchlings beat Cobras 12-2

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:18 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

boy he bout to do it
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

6-15-08

Sacramento Slayers 0 - Hawaii Heroes 6

SUMMARY: The Slayers fail to complete the sweep of the Heroes, dropping today's game by a score of 6-0.

The Heroes looked like the better team straight out of the gate, getting to Slayers starter Brandon Morrow in the top of the first via an RBI single by first baseman Brian Spencer. While giving up just one run in the first inning was not quite a cause for alarm, the second inning proved to be very troublesome for Morrow and the Slayers.

The inning started off with a double by catcher Connor Allen over the head of Adam Jones, followed by left fielder Chang-Ho Ku reaching base via an error by Adam Lind. Heroes shortstop Vincent Rose doubled home Allen, and even though Morrow was able to recover a little bit by striking out Heroes starter James Settle and right fielder Steven Lynch in order, Heroes third baseman Richard Burton delivered the biggest hit of the inning, a 2-run double into center field, to give the Heroes a 4-0 lead. DeAndre Wolf singled home Burton to bring in the fourth and final run of the inning.

Morrow would eventually be taken out after only pitching 3 innings, giving way for lefty J.P. Howell, who pitched 3 innings himself and did well to keep the game from getting too out of hand, only giving up one run in the 5th inning from an RBI single by Chang-Ho Ku. Not to be outdone, Joba Chamberlain went and pitched 3 innings of his own, all scoreless, while giving up only 2 hits and striking out 5, all in spite of the big righty clearly not having his best stuff on the mound today.

While Morrow's start was less than ideal, the same could not be said of the Heroes' starter, left-hander James Settle. Settle continued his amazing 2108 campaign by going all 9 innings, picking up his fourth complete game and his second shutout of the year. The win pushes Settle's record to 9-3, and his ERA dropped from 2.24 to 2.03 as a result of his performance. The soft-tossing lefty kept the Slayers bats off balance all throughout the game, and even when a Slayers batter managed to make decent contact, the ball usually ended up being hit right at one of the Heroes defenders. As he has done all season, Settle relied on his slow, looping curveball more than any other pitches in his repertoire, and if his performance today is any indication, he shows no signs of changing his ways anytime soon.

SLAYERS' LINEUP
G. Molina - 1-4, .326
B. Zobrist - 1-4, .323
J. Bautista - 0-4, K, .292
A. Lind - 0-4, E, .325
M. Morse - 0-4, K, .301
Double Switch - J. Chamberlain - 0-1, K, .200
J. Francoeur - 1-3, 2B, .320
A. Jones - 0-3, .280
M. Prado - 1-3, SB, E, .284
B. Morrow - 0-0, .250
PH - K. Millar - 1-1, .325
---- J.P. Howell - 0-0, .333
------ PH - F. Gutierrez - 0-2, .198

HEROES' LINEUP
S. Lynch - 2-5, R, 3 K, .333
R. Burton - 2-5, 2B, 2 RBI, R, K, .335
D. Wolf - 2-5, RBI, .254
B. Spencer - 1-5, RBI, 2 K, .302
G. Mitchell - 1-4, 2B, R, K, .345
C. Allen - 1-4, 2B, R, 2 K, .302
C. Ku - 1-4, RBI, R, .231
V. Rose - 1-4, 2B, RBI, R, .262
J. Settle - 1-4, K, .308

SLAYERS' PITCHING
B. Morrow - 3 IP, 6 H, 3 K, 0 BB, 1 ER (5 R), 4.12 (L, 2-3)
J.P. Howell - 3 IP, 4 H, 2 K, 0 BB, 1 ER, 4.36
J. Chamberlain - 3 IP, 2 H, 5 K, 0 BB, 0 ER, 3.34

HEROES' PITCHING
J. Settle - 9 IP, 5 H, 3 K, 0 BB, 0 ER, 2.03 (W, 9-3) (Player of the Game)

Despite the loss in the finale, the Slayers can still hold their heads up high knowing they defeated one of the best teams in the American League. The team the Slayers will be facing next pose just as much of a threat as the Heroes do.

League Blowouts
Schrutes boil Crawdads 14-4
Squirrels maul Mustangs 17-1

Last edited by PowerPro Jr on Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 349 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next