Power Pros Forum

A community-run forum for Power Pros
It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 1:18 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Season Log: Jacksonville Pelicans
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:40 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Blue Jays
Console '07: Don't Own
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
Favorite Japanese title: Don't Own
Ahh well, hopefully you'll have better luck against the other pair of sox, sucks that Daigle had to come out in the 4th inning in the other game you posted.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:46 am 
Designated Poster
Designated Poster

Favorite Team: Yankees
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Jacksonville Pelicans (Crabtree 0-0) @ Chicago White Sox (Snyder 0-0)- 4/7

Chicago- The Jacksonville Pelicans got a great pitching performance form Adam Crabtree, who went six scoreless innings, in helping to shut down and shutout the Chicago White Sox 4-0 last night in Chicago.
“Adam was aggressive, he threw strikes and came right after and challenged hitters with his fastball. It was a fantastic performance.” Said manager Scott0530.
The Pelicans got on the board in the fourth. Hal Darula singled and moved to second on a Victor Senrieso SAC bunt. Jason Cerros then blasted a mistake pitch off Scott Lienbrinck into the leftfield bleachers for a two run homerun.
The White Sox only real threat came in the seventh. With runners on the corners and just one out, Ben Totten got tough. Totten was able to get Carlos Quentin to pop out and Joe Crede to ground out to second ending the inning.
The Pelicans got their final two runs of the game in the eighth. Dan Johnson doubled with one out and Hal Darula hit a big two run homerun, giving the Pelicans the cushion they needed to cruise to the win.

Box Score
JAX:4
CWS:0
-------------------------------
WP: Crabtree (1-0)
LP: Linebrink (1-1)
HR: Darula (1), Cerros (1)
Pelicans: Crabtree 6IP, 0ER, 3H, 2K; Darula 3-4, HR, 2 RBI, 2 R
White Sox: Cabrera 2-4, 2 2B; Dye 1-3, 2B

Pelicans (3-3) White Sox (3-3)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:53 am 
Designated Poster
Designated Poster

Prediction wrote:
Ahh well, hopefully you'll have better luck against the other pair of sox, sucks that Daigle had to come out in the 4th inning in the other game you posted.

So far so good in game 1, maybe I can steal 2 quick ones and try and win a series.
Never had a knuckleballer before so I wasn't quite sure how to use him, may take me a while to figure it out.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:24 am 
Designated Poster
Designated Poster

Jacksonville Pelicans (Wesson 0-0) @ Chicago White Sox (Buehrle 1-0) 4/8

Chicago- The Pelicans got another strong performance from a starting pitcher, this time from Joe Wesson, but the Jacksonville pen coughed up the lead late and the Pelicans drop a heart breaker in extra innings.
The Pelicans powered their way to and early lead in the top of the fourth when Eric Cressed hit a solo homerun to left center to put Jacksonville up 1-0.
Right fielder Jason Cerros had to leave the game in the bottom of the fourth after crashing into the right field wall and robing Jermaine Dye of an extra base hit.
“Jason banged his arm but, I don’t think he is going to miss any time.” Said manager Scott0530
Jacksonville added a run in the sixth, getting consecutive singles from Dan Johnson and Mike Sedlacek. Hal Darula followed with an RBI single.
But the Sox would begin to power their way back getting a solo home run from Paul Knerko in the bottom of the sixth, ending Joe Wesson’s night
The Pelicans would get the run back in the top of the seventh on a Dustin Huffman RBI single.
The White sox would then take the lead, getting solo homeruns from Carlos Quentin and Jim Thome in the seventh and eighth innings respectively, to take the lead.
The game would move into the tenth. Dan Johnson opened the Pelican tenth with a double, moved up on a wild pitch and scored on a Darula RBI single.
Chicago tied the game in the bottom of the inning on a Paul Konerko RBI single. After Jermaine Dye singled to load the bases, Quentin drove in the winning run with a single to left.

Box Score
JAX:4
CWS:5/ F10
WP: Thornton (1-0)
LP: Merricks (0-1)
HR: Cressend (2); Thome (5), Konerko (2), Quentin (1)
Pelicans: Cressend 2-5 HR, RBI; Darula 2-5, 2RBI
White Sox: Konerko 2-5, HR, 2RBI, R; Quentin 2-5, HR, 2RBI, R

Pelicans (3-4) White Sox (4-3)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:31 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Ahh well, impressive 5 homeruns by Konerko and you're only on the 8th of April.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:36 am 
Designated Poster
Designated Poster

Jacksonville Pelicans (Truby 0-0) @ Chicago White Sox (Vazquez 0-0)- 4/9

Chicago- The White Sox lineup continued to punish the Pelicans pitching staff in this series hitting five homeruns last night on their way to a 7-5 victory.
“There is just so much power in that lineup, you can never relax for one batter. “
Power is putting it mildly. In five games this season against the Pelicans, White Sox batters have amassed eleven total homeruns; six alone from Jim Thome. And that includes game one of this series where Chicago was shut out.
Jacksonville got on the board in the third inning, after loading the bases with one out, Eric Cressend drove in a run with a SAC fly to center. The lead didn’t last long as the White Sox answered back in the bottom of the inning. With runners on second and third and one out, Jim Thome hit a soft grounder to second that allowed Juan Uribe to score from third.
Unfortunately for Jacksonville, the power barrage started. Jermaine Dye got the Chicago power party started with a solo homerun in the fourth. In the fifth, after an Orlando Cabrera infield single, Jim Thome hit a two run homerun and was followed two batters later by Paul Konerko who added a solo shot.
The Pelicans got a run back in the sixth on a Dan Johnson RBI double. Then in the eighth, after Dustin Huffman and Johnson singled, Mike Sedlacek tied the game at 5 with a three run homerun to straight away center.
The tie didn’t last long as AJ Pierzynski and Juan Uribe both hit solo homeruns in the bottom of the eighth to put Chicago up by two. Bobby Jenks closed out the game in the ninth earning his third save of this season.
Box Score
JAX:5
CWS:7
WP: Thornton (2-0)
LP: Norton (1-1)
SV: Jenks (3)
HR: Sedlacek (1); Uribe (2), Pierzynski (1), Dye (2), Konerko (3), Thome (6)
Pelicans: Sedlacek 2-4 HR, 3RBI, R; Johnson 2-4, 2B, RBI, R
White Sox: Pierzynski 3-4, 2B, HR, RBI, R; Konerko 2-4, HR, RBI

Pelicans (3-5) White Sox (5-3)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:37 am 
Designated Poster
Designated Poster

Prediction wrote:
Ahh well, impressive 5 homeruns by Konerko and you're only on the 8th of April.

That is actually Thome with all those HR's. He's killing me. :evil:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:48 pm 
Designated Poster
Designated Poster

Jacksonville Pelicans (Daigle 0-1) @ Chicago White Sox (Floyd 1-0)- 4/10

2nd- Mike Sedlacek 1B, Darula bunt kicked by Joe Crede, Victor Senreiso 1B, Sedlackek thrown out on Don Henson groundball, Jason Cerros RBI 1B. Orie flew out to center and Senreiso was thrown out by Swisher.
AJ Pierzynski 1B, Carlos Quentin reached on a E5, Crede RBI 1B, Juan Uribe 2RBI 2B
4th- Senreiso 1B moved to 2B, on Henson SAC bunt, Cerros 1B, Henson was picked off by Pierzynski, Orie RBI 1B
5th- (Borkowski) Cabrera 1B, Jim Thome 2 run homerun, Jermain Dye solo homerun (Bouknight)
6th- Uribe, Swisher, Cabrera 1B, Thome GO to end inning
7th- Konerko 2B, Pierzynski RBI 1B, Quentin 1B (totten), Uribe 2RBI 2B
8th- Henson Cerros 1B, Dustin Huffman RBI 2B
Cabrera 2B, Thome 2 run homerun, Konerko solo homerun

Box Score
JAX: 2
CHW: 12
WP: Dotel (1-0)
LP: Diagle (0-2)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:04 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Daigle demands to win! Haha, hopefully he'll get out of this early 2 game slump. Another blast by Thome!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:41 pm 
Designated Poster
Designated Poster

Yeah, Thome has been a wrecking ball over 6 games. But the rest of the league so far is killing my pitching as well. In 9 games so far I have allowed 22 homeruns. That's an average of 2.44 homeruns allowed per game which, over a full season would come out to 396 homeruns allowed :shock: . That would break the current record of 239 allowed set by the 2001 Colorodo Rockies, by a stagering 157 homeruns :shock:

Needless to say I have turned down the CPU batting from All-Star to Expert till I see if homeruns allowed levels off to something a bit more realistic, I'll leave CPU batting on experst. If homeruns allowed goes the other way, I'll turn the diffaculty back up.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:32 pm 
Designated Poster
Designated Poster

Pelicans make roster move

4/11: Before todays game the Pelicans sent struggling catcher Al Budzinski down to AAA St. Augustine and called up Alexander Dawley. Budzinski was the opening day starter but fell out of the coaching staffs favor after hitting just .215 and not throwing out a base runner in 6 tries.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:37 pm 
Designated Poster
Designated Poster

Kansas City Royals (Soria 1-1) VS. Jacksonville Pelicans (Tollberg 0-1) - 4/11

Jacksonville- The Jacksonville Pelicans broke out of their three game losing streak in a big way last night putting a beating on division rival Kansas City 14-1.
“It’s not very often you get nights like this where you get such dominant performances from your offence and your pitching staff,” said manager Scott0530.
After loading the bases with one out in the second, the Pelicans got an RBI single from Jason Cerros , a 2 RBI single from Alexander Dawley and an RBI double from Dustin Huffman.
Cerros and Dawley would both add RBI singles in the third. After loading the bases in the fourth, Jason Cerros clubbed a grand slam, the first in club history. Kirk Orie would add to the Pelican lead in the seventh with a SAC fly RBI.
The Royals scored their only run in the eighth. John Buck doubled and moved to third on a ground out. Buck would then score when Henson booted an easy ground ball off the bat off Estaban German.
The Pelicans would strike again in the bottom of the inning, getting back-to-back solo homeruns from Eric Cressend and Dan Johnson.

Box Score
KC: 1
JAC: 14
-----------------------------
WP: Tollberg (1-1)
LP: Soria (1-2)
HR: Cressend (3), Johnson (3), Cerros (2)
Royals: Gload 2-4; Buck 1-3, 2B
Pelicans: Tollberg 7IP, 4H, 7K, 0ER; Cerros 4-5, GS, 6RBI, R

Royals (#-#) Pelicans (4-6)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:29 pm 
Designated Poster
Designated Poster

Kansas City Royals (Hochevar 0-0) VS. Jacksonville Pelicans (Crabtree 1-0) - 4/12

Jacksonville- A good pitchers duel and a walk-off base hit from an unlikely source all combined to give the Pelicans a thrilling 3-2 win over the Kansas City Royals, earning their second win in a row.
The Royals would get on the board first in the fourth. After getting back to back singles from Mark Tehan and Mark Grudzielanek, Miguel Olivo punched an RBI single to right field.
The Pelicans would take the lead in the bottom of the fifth getting an RBI single from Don Henson. Henson would then have to leave the game after injuring his toe sliding into second base on a Victor Senreiso groundball. Once play resumed, Kirk Orie gave the Pelicans the lead with an RBI single.
“Henson is fine, he just stubbed his toe. He should be ready to go tomorrow.”
The Royals tied the game in top of the eighth. Mark Grudzielanek led off with a double, advanced to third on a pass ball and scored when Olivo singled to left for his second RBI of the game.
Then, in the ninth, the Pelicans loaded the bases on three straight singles. Manager Scott0530 then made a perplexing move. He pulled Lou Hong, who was in the game for Henson, in favor of David Oropesa, who has not seen game action at all this year, to pinch hit. Oropesa didn’t disappoint, driving a 2-1 change up to the left center gap for the game winning RBI single.
“I knew what I was doing,” joked Scott0530 before adding: “Oropesa is a little swing and miss at this point of his career (G3) but he can get the ball in the air (3) and has some pop (D117) so I put him in the game there just looking to get a deep fly ball.”

Box Score
KC: 2
JAC: 3
WP: Merricks (1-1)
LP: Peralta (0-1)
Royals: Olivo 2-4, 2RBI; Grudzielanek 2-4, 2R
Pelicans: Henson 2-2, RBI; Oropesa 1-1, GW RBI

Royals (4-7) Pelicans (5-6)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:58 am 
All-Star
All-Star

Favorite Team: Rays
"Henson is fine, he just stubbed his toe"

Funny!!!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:40 pm 
Designated Poster
Designated Poster

Kansas City Royals (Mesche 0-1) VS. Jacksonville Pelicans (Bouknight 0-0)- 4/13

Jacksonville- The Pelicans winning streak is over at two games after dropping the final game of their home series against the Kansas City Royals 3-2.
Zane Bouknight, filling in for Joe Wesson, (Blue condition) did a great job pitching five shutout innings and striking out four, but earned a no decision.
David Oropesa got the start at DH and delivered a solo homerun in the fifth. The Royals got on the board in the sixth after Bouknight was taken out of the game. David DeJesus, with runners in first and third delivered, a 2 RBI double to give Kansas City the lead. The Royals would tack on another run with a Ross Gload RBI single.
The Pelicans went small ball to add a run in the eighth. A single by Don Henson, a sacrifice bunt by Victor Senrieso, allowed Dustin Huffman to deliver an RBI single to cut the deficit to one. That was as close as Jacksonville got in the game. Miller came on in the ninth and recorded his third save of the season.

Box Score
KC:3
JAC:2
WP: Meche (1-1)
LP: Norton (1-2)
SV: Miller (3)
HR: Oropesa (1)
Royals: DeJesus 3-5, 2RBI, SB; Mesche 8IP, 10H, 4K, 2ER
Pelicans: Oropesa 1-4, HR, RBI, R; Sedlacek 3-4

Royals (5-7) Pelicans (5-7)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next