Power Pros Forum

A community-run forum for Power Pros
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:42 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Season Log: Jacksonville Pelicans
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:53 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Rangers
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
Favorite Japanese title: (PS3) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2012
Can we have agents? If so I want Sedlacek and Bouknight.

yeah that log's dead too- i mean on hiatus (yes that one too) (seriously all of them now lol) (haha unless...?)

"All people are good for something. The important thing is finding what." - Tom

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:
i think we banned him cause he was an idiot
glad i never got banned for that

Second Member of the 10,000 Post Cult

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:25 pm 
Designated Poster
Designated Poster

Favorite Team: Yankees
Favorite Japanese title: Don't Own
Pelicans roster preview: ST. Augustine Haunt (AAA)

1B- Jerry McNichol: L/L/22/3/G3/E88/F5/G3/F4/E7
1B- Wayne Saladin: L/R/24/2/F5/D113/F4/G3/G3/F4
2B- Ira Bikowski: R/R/21/1/F5/F79/F5/E7/D8/F5
2B- Bo Sherrod: L/R/26/2/E7/F74/F5/F4/D8/E6
C- Alexander Dawley: L/R/26/1/F5/F84/F5/C10/E6/C10
C- Gene Ransom: L/R/26/1/E7/F79/G3/F5/D9/D8
LF- Miguel Coste: S/L/22/2/F4/F63/F4/E6/E7/E6
LF- Peter Deago: L/R/23/2/E6/E88/F5/F5/E6/F4
RF- Ramon Rojas: R/R/24/2/F4/F76/E7/E6/E7/E7

P- Dan Barton: 22/L/82/E110/C98/CUT2/SLD1/SNK1
P- Phil Venafro: 23/R/84/E118/C94/FRK3/CB2/SLD2
P- Rocky Bernard: 24/L/85/D120/C88/CB3/SLD/3
P- Trey Aoyama: 22/R/85/E114/C99/SLD2/SNK1
P- Jose Rijo: 22/L/85/F108/C93/SLD2/CB2
P- Ray Alfaro: 19/85/F106/C81/SLD/3/FRK3

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:33 pm 
Designated Poster
Designated Poster

AgentP wrote:
Can we have agents? If so I want Sedlacek and Bouknight.

Sure, I can do agents if anyone wants. No practice suggestions though, everything else is OK

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:12 am 
All-Star
All-Star

Favorite Team: Rays
Console '07: Don't Own
Curious, your starting catcher is less error-prone than your backup, but the backup has better contact and a better-arm. I probably would have swapped them, thinking that the strong arm will benefit me more than E errors will hurt. Your thoughts?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:07 pm 
Designated Poster
Designated Poster

The Pelicans have announced thier starting lineup for tonights season/home opener against the White Sox

1. Orie (2B)
2. Huffman (LF)
3. Cressend (3B)
4. Johnson (1B)
5. Budzinski [C]
6. Darula (DH)
7. Senreiso (CF)
8. Henson (SS)
9. Cerros (RF)

Starting Pitcher
Crabtree

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:11 pm 
Designated Poster
Designated Poster

I really wasn't thinking short term with arm strengeth, I was thinking more long term. Budziznski is two years yonger and his stats are comperable which, at least to me, means he should be a better catcher @ 23 than Sedlacek. Also with two more catcher on the roster and me needing help in a bunch of key areas, Sedlacek could be trade bait for other teams that need a young catcher.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:46 am 
Designated Poster
Designated Poster

OK, so this was supposed to be my 1st game log of the season, but some idiot forgot to hit save last night :roll:

Will try this again tonight and remember to SAVE this time; same lineup applies.

My appologies for those of you who read the log before I realised my mistake.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:01 am 
Designated Poster
Designated Poster

Chicago White Sox (Buehrle 0-0) VS. Jacksonville Pelicans (Crabtree 0-0)

Jacksonville- It was a tough night for the young Pelicans pitching staff as they surrendered three homeruns to the power happy Chicago White Sox last night in the team’s inaugural game.
“We were in this game for most of the night. I think what really hurt, and the most frustrating thing, was that, every time these guys hit a homerun, someone was on base. If we could have just kept these guys in the yard, we certainly would have had a chance for a ‘W,’” said manager Scott0530.
The Sox jumped out quick, getting 2-run homeruns from Jermaine Dye and Jim Thome in the in the 2nd and 3rd innings respectively.
The Pelicans looked like they were on their way to a big inning in the bottom of the third, loading the bases with nobody out. But the Pelicans never got the big hit in the inning, scoring only once on an Al Budzinski ground out.
Jowever, in yhe fifth inning, the Pelicans finally got a big hit. Dustin Huffman and Eric Cressend opened the inning by singling and Dan Johnson hit a 3-run homerun to tie the game at 4.
The White Sox would take the lead again in the seventh. Joe Crede singled, moved up on a pass ball and then found himself at third after a Nick Swisher base hit. Creded then scored on an infield single by Orlando Hudson.
The Sox would finally put the Pelicans away for good in the ninth. After one out singles from Juan Uribe and Brian Anderson, Pierre French induced what appeared to be an inning ending double play. But the teams inexperience reared its ugly head as Kirk Orie kicked the easy grounder and was only able to get Orlando Hudson at first. On the next pitch, French hung a curveball to Jim Thome who hit a three run bomb that finally put the game out of reach for the Pelicans.

Box Score
CWS:8
JAC:4
-----------------------------
WP: Buehrle (1-0)
LP: Totten (0-1)
HR: Thome 2 (2), Dye (1); Johnson (1)
White Sox: Thome 3-5, 2HR, 5RBI, 2R; Dye 2-3, HR, 2B, 2RBI
Pelicans: Johnson 2-4, HR, 3RBI, R; Budzinski 1-4, RBI
White Sox (1-0) Pelicans (0-1)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:10 pm 
Designated Poster
Designated Poster

Chicago White Sox ( Vazquez 0-0) VS. Pelicans (Wesson 0-0) 4/3

Jacksonville- Despite another 2 homerun game from the White Sox Jim Thome, the Pelicans won their first game In franchise history last night, in an extra inning thriller 4-3.
“I’m glad this was a short series, Thome just absolutely killed us,” said Manager Scott0530. No kidding. Thome, for the series, was a one man wrecking crew hitting four home runs with 8 RBI’s in the short two game series.
Thome had a chance to do more damage to the Pelicans in the third. After consecutive one out singles by Nick Swisher and Orlando Hudson, the Sox tried to hit and run with Thome at the plate. But Joe Wesson got him to ground softly to first for the out, but allowing the runners to move up. Wesson got out of the jam by getting Paul Konerko to ground out to end the threat.
The Pelicans would get on the board first in the bottom of the fourth when Dan Johnson absolutely crushed a monster 449 foot home run to right field to put the Pelicans up 1-0.
“We aren’t too far away from Cape Canaveral and I wouldn’t be surprised if that blast didn’t show up on NASA’s radar,” Said shortstop Eric Cressend.
Johnson was back at it again in the bottom of the sixth doubling to deep right center field. Johnson would move up to third when Al Budzinski reached on a fielder’s choice. Hal Darula then delivered a big RBI single to left to put the Pelicans up 2-0.
However, the Sox weren’t done. Pelican setup man Gordon Borkowski entered the game in the eighth and, after giving up a single to Nick Swisher he was able to get Orlando Hudson to fly out. That brought Jim Thome to the plate, and he did what he has done all series to the Pelicans; crushing a game tying two run homerun to left center. And, if that homerun wasn’t crushing enough, Thome made his wrath known again in the top of the tenth, blasting a solo homerun to right and delivering what looked like the dagger blow.
The Sox then brought in closer Bobby Jenks to close out the game and looked well on his way after getting Jason Cerros to ground out to start the inning. But the Pelicans wouldn’t go away. Kirk Orie slashed a double down the right field line that just stayed fair and Dustin Huffman followed with a shallow single to left, forcing Orie to stop at third. The next batter, Eric Cressed lined an RBI single to plate Orie and knot the game at three. Dan Johnson popped out to the catcher and it looked like the Sox may have escaped to the eleventh, but catcher Al Budzinski laced a single to left center to score Huffman and give the Pelicans a thrilling 4-3 win.

Next series 3 games Vs. Boston Red Sox

Box Score
CWS:3
JAC:4/ F10
WP: Norton (1-0)
LP: Jenks (0-1)
HR: Thome 2 (3,4), Johnson (2)
White Sox: Thome 3-5, 2HR, 3RBI, 2R; Swisher 2-5
Pelicans: Johnson 3-5, 2 2B, HR, RBI, 2R; Wesson 6IP, 0ER, 6H, 2K, ND

White Sox(1-1) Pelicans (1-1)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:11 pm 
Designated Poster
Designated Poster

Boston Red Sox (Lester 0-0) VS. Jacksonville Pelicans (Truby 0-0)/ 4/4

Jacksonville- The Pelicans got a big win last night downing the Boston Red Sox 7-4 in the opening game of a three game set in Jacksonville.
“We got good pitching from our starters and relievers and Cressend really provided a nice kick on offence,” said manager Scott0530. “Just an all-round great effort by our guys.”
The Pelicans got off to a fast start, tagging Red Sox starter John Lester for three runs in the first inning. With runners on second and third Dan Johnson delivered a 2 RBI single and Victor Senreiso followed a few batters later with an RBI single.
The Red Sox threatened to score in the top of the second. After a Manny Ramirez single, Mike Lowell reached when Left fielder Dustin Huffman dropped an easy fly ball, putting runners on 1st and 2nd with one out. But Norton Truby got out of the inning retiring Jason Varatek and Dustin Pedroia to end the threat.
The Pelicans extended their lead in the bottom of the second. Dustin Huffman layed down a sac bunt to move up Kirk Orie and Jason Cerros, who singled, to second and third, and Eric Cressend followed with an RBI single.
The Red Sox got on the board in the sixth, loudly. With one out in the inning Kevin Youkalis and David Ortiz hit back-2-back solo homeruns to cut the lead 4-2 and end Truby’s night. The Sox threatened for more. After a Mike Lowell single, JD Drew smashed what looked to be a sure double to deep left center. But leftfielder Dustin Huffamn got a great jump on the ball and made a spectacular diving catch in the gap, more than making up for his earlier error.
The Sox, however, would not be denied in the seventh. Julio Lugo delivered an RBI triple and then scored on a Jacoby Ellsbury single. The Red Sox then loaded the bases, Ortiz walked and Ramirez singled. But Totten bared down and Got Lowell to fly out to shallow center and Drew to ground out to end the inning.
The Pelicans would take the lead for good in the bottom of the 7th. Jason Cerros and Orie lead off the inning with back to back singles. Huffman then laid down another sac bunt, setting the stage for Cressend who blasted a big three run home run, the first of his career, to left center, putting the Pelicans up in the game for good.
The Red Sox never even got a sniff at getting back into this game as the Pelican bullpen shut them down and Ken Merrick closed out the game for his first save of the year.

Box Score
BOS:4
JAC:7
WP: Totten (1-1)
LP: Okajima (0-1)
SV: Merricks (1)
HR: Youkalis (1), Ortiz (1); Cressend (1)
Red Sox: Youkalis 3-5, 2B, HR, RBI, R; Ortiz 2-4, HR, RBI, R
Pelicans: Cressend 3-4, 2B, HR, 4 RBI, 2R; Johnson 2-4, 2RBI

Red Sox (2-1) Pelicans (2-1)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:20 am 
Designated Poster
Designated Poster

Boston Red Sox (Buchholz 0-0) VS. Pelicans (Daigle 0-0) - 4/5, 1PM

Jacksonville- The Pelicans dropped the second game of a three game set against the Red Sox yesterday afternoon 7-4. The Red Sox offense was very efficient, scoring runs in four of the first five innings.
David Ortiz hit a solo homerun in the top of the first, his second in as many days, to give the Sox the early lead. In the second, after JD Drew reached on a fielder’s choice, Dustin Pedroioa doubled and Julio Lugo drove them both in with a 2 RBI double. Mike Lowell added an RBI single in the third after Kevin Youkalis singled and stole a base.
The Pelicans finally got on the board in the bottom of the second getting consecutive singles from Victor Sanreiso, Don Henson and Jason Cerros to open the inning. However, Kirk Orie was the only batter to drive in a run that inning. Huffman was thrown out at home when Dustin Huffman hit a groundball into a drawn in infield and Jason Cerros was doubled off at home after Eric Cressend flew out.
Diagle’s night ended with two outs in the fourth when the Sox threatened again with runners on the corners. Pierre French came in to face the dangerous Ortiz, and got him to bounce out to first to end the threat. But Manny Ramirez got back a run in the fifth with a solo homerun.
The Sox got two more runs in the seventh. Ramirez singled, Mike Lowell double and JD Drew drove in a run with an RBI single ended French’s night. Ed Norton gave up an RBI single to Pedrioa before ending the inning.
The Pelicans made some noise in the eighth, getting consecutive singles from Jason Cerros, Kirk Orie and Dustin Huffman. Eric Cressend grounded out but drove in a run and was then followed by Dan Johnson and Al Budzinski who both had back to back RBI singles. But that was as close as the Pelicans would get as Julian Tavares came in in the ninth and retired Jacksonville in order to record the save.

Box Score
BOS:7
JAC:4
WP: Buchholz (1-0)
LP: Diagle(0-1)
SV: Tavarez (3)
HR: Ortiz (2), Ramirez (2)
Red Sox: Ramirez 3-5, HR, RBI, R; Lugo 2-5, 2RBI
Pelicans: Johnson 2-4, RBI; Cerros 3-4, R

Red Sox (3-1) Pelicans (2-2)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:41 pm 
AAA Starter
AAA Starter

Favorite Team: Blue Jays
Bah, damn Red Sox.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:59 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Blue Jays
If you're doing agents can I take Daigle and Johnson?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:06 pm 
Designated Poster
Designated Poster

Prediction wrote:
If you're doing agents can I take Daigle and Johnson?

They are all yours.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:10 pm 
Designated Poster
Designated Poster

Boston Red Sox (Wakefield 0-0) VS. Jacksonville Pelicans (Tollberg 0-0)- 4/6 1:20

Jacksonville- The Boston Red Sox flexed their muscle last night, painfully reminding the Pelicans that they are just an expansion team, with a 8-1 beat down.
“We didn’t play well.” Said manager Scott0530. “They had us on the ropes right away, never let up.”
Tim Wakefield helped Boston keep the Pelicans off balance, using his knuckleball to completely baffle Jacksonville hitters.
The Red Sox got on the board in the first on a David Ortiz RBI single. After Manny Ramirez singled, JD Drew completely surprised the Pelicans by dropping down a squeeze bunt, driving in a run and Jason Varitek followed with a 2 RBI double.
In the third, Mike Lowell and Drew led off the inning with consecutive base hits, but Lowell had to leave the game when he injured himself sliding into third. Pinch runner Coco Crisp scored on a wild pitch and Jason Varatek hit a two run homerun.
The Pelicans scored their only run of the game in the fourth on a Hal Darula RBI single after Erc Cressend and Mike Sedlacek singles.
Dustin Pedroia drove in the Sox final run in the sixth with an RBI single.
Wakefield then cruised to the easy win, allowing just a handful of hits the rest of the way.
*The Pelicans now hit the road for a four game road trip with division rival Chicago

Box Score
BOS:8
JAC:1
WP: Wakefield (1-0)
LP: Tollberg (0-1)
HR: Varatek (1)
Red Sox: Wakefield CG, 9H, 1ER, 4K; Varitek 3-5, 2B, HR, 4RBI, 2R
Pelicans: Cressend 3-4; Darula 2-4, RBI

Red Sox (4-1) Pelicans (2-3)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next