Power Pros Forum

A community-run forum for Power Pros
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Ottawa Imperials, A Question to win (closed, corrupt save)
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:21 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Blue Jays
Console '07: Don't Own
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
Favorite Japanese title: Don't Own
(I suck at titles)

The Canadian Gazelle

February 11th 2007
The addition of 2 Canadian baseball teams was confirmed by Bud Selig, they will be known as the Ottawa Imperials and the Vancouver Bears, both will be entering the league next year many are shocked as Bud Selig basically hates everything with a Canada in it, but maybe this is a sign of things to come, the new GM of the imperials was named as 13 year old Bradley Fraser, he is the youngest GM ever, we got to talk to him right before his bedtime, here's what he said.

"I'm honoured to be the General Manager of this new team, just don't tell my mom okay? She still thinks I'm going to school, anyways we'll be starting off with a bunch of losers but maybe we will win at least 1 game, that's my goal, goodnight. Also we'll be playing at Panpaka park, the local ballpark always has bullies so we'll have to settle for the professional one, and I'll be allowing agents for players! All my friends do that when they play Mlb power pros 2008!

RULES: Max payroll of 30000 OwnerPoints/30 million dollars
Can not sign a player for more than 3000 points
Can not sign a player over the age of 35

Goals: finish 5th in tough AL East

Edit: since I can't sign anyone for more than 3 million dollars ill change the max payroll to 30 million.

Quick question, are payrolls over a course of time or that yearly?

Last edited by Prediction on Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Ottawa Imperials, A Quest To Win
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:37 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

The Canadian Gazelle

The Imperials are already looking for ways to improve, they signed 3 free agents before opening day, James, F. Hernandez and Bazardo all pitches, GM Fraser was reached for details, here's his answer.
"All these guys give us very much needed depth to our soft bullpen, F. Hernandez was our favourite acquisition, he has a deadly curveball and will be our closer while James will turn into the ace of our staff, Bazardo will be a setup man to F. Hernandez

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:58 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Rangers
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Favorite Japanese title: (PS3) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2012
Sounds interesting, I'm certainly following!

yeah that log's dead too- i mean on hiatus (yes that one too) (seriously all of them now lol) (haha unless...?)

"All people are good for something. The important thing is finding what." - Tom

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:
i think we banned him cause he was an idiot
glad i never got banned for that

Second Member of the 10,000 Post Cult

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:05 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

PITCHERS ON ROSTER (will edit when trading for or signing new pitchers)

Agents (if for example I had a player and I was their agent my name and their name goes here):

James: James was an early season acquisition to fill in a much needed ace role, even though he's a 4-5 on most teams, he has a decent slider and change up with above average control and stamina

Rating: C+
Potential: B-

Lorraine: Lorraine is one of our starting pitchers, he has decent control and average stamina, he has a curveball with potential to become an excellent strikeout pitch.

Rating: D
Potential: B

Chiasson: Chiasson is another one of OUR starters just should be in long relief, he has decent control and average stamina, he has a variety of pitches that he mixes to get outs

Rating: D+
Potential B

Evert: I like to consider Evert one of a kind, sort of, he has two very good pitches that break to the left and a below average curveball while he still whips the ball at 94, he has horrid control and average stamina

Potential: A-

Barden: Barden is one of our worst "starters" he has the worst control on the team, throws the ball at 86 and has average stamina, plus he's got only 2 breaking pitches both of which are below average

Rating: F
Potential: D

Toca: Toca is one of our starters with the most potential, he has below average control but is currently working on it, he has average stamina but throws at 95 and has four breaking pitches with 3 at at least what we call a rating 3.

Rating: B-
Potential A+

Reid: Nothing to say about Reid, he is similar to Barden as in he throws slowly and has 2 bad breaking pitches, bright spot is tht his control is what we call E, and not G.

Hietpas: Hietpas is good because of his funny name, nothing else, he has terrible control for a closer with what we call G and average stamina, before he actually becomes our closer we want his curveball to develop to a "5"

Riley: Riley is a decent relief pitcher with average control and average stamina, he has a solid "3" curveball and can go 4 innings or so before panting, definitely a guy to keep or package for someone big.

Potential: B+

Weibl: Weibl is a solid breaking ball pitcher with below average control and decent stamina, has has 3 pitches with a "3" rating, he needs to work on his control before he becomes a important part of the bullpen.

Potential: B+

Valenzuel: Scrabble over here has a decent slider, stamina and control, future in the bullpen if he works on his other 2 pitches.

Bazardo: One of the guys acquired from the market, he has average control and stamina for a RP, his breaking pitches need some work but his 92 FB should hold off the batters for a bit.

Rating D-

F. Hernandez: Another guy fresh from the sea, he has an amazing curveball and has the potential to become an allstar closer, even with bad control and decent stamina he'll do fine in this league with that pitch.

Potential: A

FIELDERS ON A LATER DATE

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:12 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

The Canadian Gazelle

A Weekly Recap of the Imperials
By: Scott Riccardo

The Imperials had a less than satisfactory week but did meet the goal of new GM Bradley Fraser, finishing with a record of 1-4, on opening day they lost a close game to the original Canadian team, the Blue Jays with a score of 5-6, but under great pitching from their #2 starter Chiassonwon their only game of the week to a score of 4-2.
That would prove to not carry on as th ey lost their next three games against Tampa 3-0, 6-5, and 4-2.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:03 am 
All-Star
All-Star

Favorite Team: Rays
Interesting log. You didn't sign any FA position players?

With your pitcher list, Imdon't really understand the "rating/potential" ranking. Many not just post their abilities?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:13 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

I'm doing the "potential" thing as a rating for how good I think they'll get, a general thing, I might come up with some quick algorithm on how to calculate my pitchers and fielders potential and rating. Like breaking ball rating x (1 breaking ball x 10 repeated for every breaking ball they have) + stamina + control + fast ball velocity. And then I'll divide it down into a percentage of 100, and that I suppose will be my pitchers rating, I'll update the pitchers roster for that later.. Aside from that I don't like signing any F/A position players, I suppose none of them go over my limit of age 35 but I didn't feel like doing that, maybe I'll sign Great White if he's still available to be a bench utility player.

Edit: Since I'll do this algorithm thing, I won't use that to calculate "potential" I'll just post what I think their abilities will cap out, though I suppose everyone could get A Stamina, A Control, but "potential" is what I think, hmm, after all that's pretty much what scouts do, hey, some are even wrong.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:57 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

(Due to outfielder Fussell being in purple condition, Clippard will be called up to make the start)
(Instead of the weekly recaps I'm going to start playing all of the games and describing them as I play, inning by inning, this of course will take more time and as a result will make me only be able to update every 1-2 days, sorry 'bout that.)

Chiasson takes the mound today, he pitched very well last game giving up 2 runs but getting the win. He will be going up against Marcum.

Inning 1:
Imperials
Gregorio, on the first pitch smacked the ball down the right field line for a single, after that, Berger went again on the first pitch for a two-run homerun. 2-0 Imperials.
Clippard lined out in his first MLB at-bat.
Blue Jays

The Blue Jays go 1-2-3 with Chiasson getting 2 K's

Inning 2:
Imperials
Zerbe singles to leadoff the inning and later scores while Cresse doubles but is tagged out trying to advance to third, 3-0 Imperials.

Blue Jays
The Blue Jays again go 1-2-3 with Chiasson getting 1 K.

Inning 3:
Imperials
Cressend gets a single and scores on a double by Venafro but is tagged out going to third. 4-0 Imperials

Blue Jays
The Blue Jays get two hits but are left stranded.

Inning 4:
Imperials
Clippard hits a solo blast on the first pitch from Shaun Marcum, getting his first hit in the MLB as a homerun. 5-0 Imperials

Blue Jays
The Blue Jays get 2 hits but Chiasson recovers and strikes out 2 to get the side out.

Inning 5:
Imperials
Berger singles and advances to third on a Voyles double, giving everyone in the lineup one hit, but Cressend lines out on a hit and run and the runners are out on a triple-play by the Blue Jays.

Blue Jays
Lyle Overbay doubles to center field and David Eckstein reaches 1st on a fielders choice and both score on a double by Aaron Hill and an error by the center fielder Zerbe, 5-2 Imperials.
Alexis Rios doubles to right-center field and scores Aaron Hill. 5-3 Imperials.
Chiasson starts getting tired but fans 2 in a row and finishes his outing looking for the win.

Inning 6:
Imperials
Zerbe doubles to center field and scores on single by Cresse. 6-3 Imperials.
Cresse is out trying to advance to third on a single.

Blue Jays
Hietpas comes into the game relieving for Chiasson.
Hietpas has a quick 1-2-3 inning.

Inning 7:
Imperials
Frasor comes in for Marcum.
The Imperials have a 1-2-3 inning.

Blue Jays
Hietpas gives up a single to Aaron Hill but is left stranded as Hietpas has another quick inning.

Inning 8:
Imperials
Cressend doubles and is tagged out at third but Clippard gets to 1st.
Zerbe who is now 4-4 doubles on the first pitch and score Clippard but is tagged out by Rolen. 7-3 Imperials

Blue Jays
The Setup man, Bazardo comes on to pitch for Hietpas who got 6 outs out of 7 batters.
Vernon Wells singles and then Matt Stairs hits an RBI triple, 7-4 Imperials
Scott Rolen hits a bloop single and scores Matt Stairs, 7-5 Imperials
Bazardo leaves the game for Valenzuel.
Lyle Overbay hits an RBI groundout. 7-6 Imperials
Valenzuel fans Overbay and ends the 8th.

Inning 9:
Imperials
PH Richard hits a single but is left on base.

Blue Jays
Closer F. Hernandez comes on to finish the game.
F. Hernandez pitched a perfect inning saving the game for the Imperials.

Player of the Game: F. Hernandez
Saved a close game where anything could've happened.

Did you guys like this format? Tell me in a post!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:05 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

(Clippard will stay up in the majors as Fussel is still in purple condition.)

We continue our series against the Blue Jays today, we are looking to win the series but will settle with a tie as we are up 2-1 in the series right now (couldn't upload 1st or 2nd game, sorry, we won 9-2 and lost 7-0.)

SP Lorraine will take the mound today, he lost his last outing against the Rays. He will be facing A.J Burnett.

Inning 1:
Imperials
Berger got a single that went right by the pitcher but was left stranded.

Blue Jays
The Blue Jays go down 1-2-3 as Lorraine pitches a perfect inning.

Inning 2:
Imperials
Venafro hits a single and advances to second on a single by Clippard Zerbe but they are the only ones to get on base as the Blue Jays recover and get the rest out.

Blue Jays
Stairs hits a double down the left field foul line and advances to third on a double by Rolen but both are left on base.

Inning 3:
Imperials
Berger gets his second hit of the game with a double but is left stranded again.

Blue Jays
The Blue Jays go down 1-2-3 as Lorraine recovers from his last inning.

Inning 4:
Imperials
Cressend gets a single and scores on a 440ft blast from Venafro 2-0 Imperials
The Imperials go 1-2-3 after that.

Blue Jays
Stairs hits a single down the right field line and gets to 2nd on an error and then scores on a single by Stewart 2-1 Imperials.
But Overbay grounds out to end the inning.

Inning 5:
Imperials
Berger is unstoppable today and gets his third hit of the game but is out advancing to third.

Blue Jays
Zaun hits a double and ends Lorraine's day.
RP Hietpas comes on
Eckstein gets on base with an error by the 2B, both runners advance to 3rd and 2nd. Rios is intentionally walked.
Wells and Stairs strikeout, ending the inning for the Blue Jays.

Inning 6:
Imperials
Cressend hits a single down the middle and is left on base.

Blue Jays
Hietpas throws a perfect inning as the Blue Jays go down 1-2-3.

Inning 7:
Imperials
Zerbe gets a bloop single and advances to third on a double by Cresse. Both score on a 2-RBI double by McCurdy. 4-1 Imperials.
Burnett is replaced by Frasor.
McCurdy scores on a RBI single by Voyles 5-1 Imperials
Cressend hits a double and Voyles goes to third but both are left stranded

Blue Jays
Eckstein reaches 1st on an error and advances to third on a single by Hill Eckstein scores on an error by the 1B, 5-2 Imperials. Rios reaches 1st on an error by the 1B. Hill scores on an error by the 3B, Stairs reaches 1st on an error by the 3B, 5-3 Imperials.
Scutaro pinch runs for Stairs.
Hietpas finishes the inning with no earned runs.

Inning 8:
Imperials
Zerbe hits a single to left field but is left stranded.

Blue Jays
Bazardo joins the game in place of Hietpas
Overbay hits a foul ball that's somehow called a fairball and gets a double but is left stranded as Bazardo recovers and gets two outs to setup the game for F. Hernandez

Inning 9:
Imperials
The Imperials go down 1-2-3 and can't get F. Hernandez any insurance runs.

Blue Jays
F. Hernandez comes on for Bazardo
F. Hernandez strikes out the side to finish the game for his team.

Player of the Game: Venafro
He hit a two run blast to start the runs for his team.

WP: Hietpas (2-2)
LP: Burnett (0-2
CP: F.Hernandez SV:3