Power Pros Forum

A community-run forum for Power Pros
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Breaking the Ice | Alaska Ice Wolves
PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:54 am 
Intimidator
Intimidator

Favorite Team: Yankees
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
Favorite Japanese title: Don't Own
Alaska Post
Alaska Ice Wolves (4-16) @ Baltimore Orioles (9-11)
April 23, 2008

Ice Wolves Prevail in Pitcher's Duel
Baltimore-- Ice Wolves Starter Abraham had come into this start with a horrid ERA of 9.45. This time though, he was phenomenal. "I'm facing a completely different team, so my mindset was in a different place" said Abraham. "And I pitched pretty well." Although Abraham exited before the Ice Wolves could score any runs, be didn't give up a run in 6.1 innings, while giving up only 5 hits and striking out 9. Daniel Cabrera pitched well, but was left in the game too long. In the top of the 8th, Christian singled and Tovar doubled. House brought in a run when he grounded back to Cabrera. Sparks added an insurance run in the top of the 9th to give the Ice Wolves a 2-0 lead. Winning pitcher Kuzmic shut the door with a solid 9th, as the Ice Wolves took the game 2-0.

Final Score:
Ice Wolves: 2
Orioles: 0

WP- Kuzmic (1-0) (Player of the Game)| LP- D. Cabrera (1-2)| SV: None
HR: None

Abraham: 6.1 IP, 5 H, 0 ER, 9 K
House: 1-4, RBI, 2 SO
Sparks: 2-4, RBI, SO

D. Cabrera: 8 IP, 8 H, 1 ER, 10 K
Markakis: 2-4, SO

Last edited by Power Pros 27 on Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:05 pm 
Intimidator
Intimidator

Alaska Post
Alaska Ice Wolves (5-16) @ Baltimore Orioles (9-12)
April 24, 2008

Tovar the Hero in Extras as Ice Wolves Win 1-0
Baltimore-- Tovar was at loss of words. "It's certainly going to be nice to be in the history books" he said. How did he make history? He blasted the first home run in Ice Wolves history. "I'm so happy right now" he said. "Back in the Dominican Republic, a lot of my friends didn't believe in my dreams." He is ranked #2 on the Ice Wolves Top Prospects list. The Ice Wolves were once again immersed in a pitcher's duel. Gautreau pitched 7 innings of shutout ball while Brian Burres (making his third start of the 7 game series) countered with 6.1 of his own. The next showdown was between Hampson and Danys Baez. Both of them dragged the game into the top of the 11th. Tovar, in his previous at bat against Baez, crushed a pitched that just veered right of the foul pole. This time, he didn't miss. As Ronald Miller said: "I felt pretty confident that a guy who's batting over .320 could do something against Baez. Besides our team has had success against him all year." Baez is a dismal 1-3 against the expansion team. "With that home run out of the way, I'm putting all my effort into winning" said Tovar. The Ice Wolves expect many more to come.

Final Score:
Ice Wolves: 1
Orioles: 0
F/11

WP- Hampson (2-1)| LP- Baez (1-4)| SV: None
HR: Tovar (1)

Gautreau: 7 IP, 4 H, 0 ER, 7 K
Tovar (Player of the Game): 2-5, HR, RBI, SO

Burres: 6.1 IP, 5 H, 0 ER, 5 K
Markakis: 1-4, 2 SO

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:01 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Blue Jays
Console '07: Don't Own
holy shit i love your wallpaper

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:02 pm 
Intimidator
Intimidator

Prediction wrote:
holy shit i love your wallpaper

Lol, thanks man.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:13 pm 
Intimidator
Intimidator

Utah Snakes Top Ten Prospects
With the battle of the expansion teams tomorrow, here's a list of the top prospects for the Utah Snakes:
1. Ruggiano- SS, (.353, 3 HR, 13 RBI), (2DEDDDE, Rally Hitter)- Ruggiano is the most pure all-arounder, earning him the top prospect spot. He has good contact, speed, and fielding.
2. Wesson- P, (8.38, 1-1, 23 K), (90 CB FORK-4, CUT-3, SLD- 2, CB- 2, Gd Delivery)- Wesson is touted as one of the best pitchers in the major leagues, despite his less-than stellar performance thus-far. With great control and a Greg Maddux-like knack to fool hitters, he is extremely hard to hit. The only reason he's not #1 is because he is 26 years old.
3. Haynes- 3B, (.296, 4 HR, 11 RBI), (3ECEDFD)- Haynes is the main power hitter for the Snakes, evidenced by his 4 Home Runs. Scouts think he can become a superstar once he improves his range at third base.
4. Minges- SS, (.247, 2 HR, 19 RBI), (2EEEDCE)- Minges is a great fielding shortstop, and he has good, raw hitting ability.
5. Pote- P, (4.64, 1-2, 23 K), (94 DC SLD-3, FORK-3, CB-1)- Pote has a good power fastball, and has two very good breaking balls- a slider and a forkball.
6. Fields- P, (4.22, 2-1, 26 K), (89 DC PALM- 3, SLD- 2, CUT- 1)- Fields is a good pitcher, despite the fact that nothing really stands out other than his palmball.
7. Daigle- CF, (.321, 2 HR, 21 RBI), (2FFDECE, Clutch Hit 5)- Daigle is very raw as a hitter, but has developed great speed and range in the outfield. He also is one of the premier clutch hitters in baseball.
8. Fussell- C, (.295, 1 HR, 14 RBI), (1FDECDD, Trash Talk)- Fussell has no relation to the Ice Wolves' Fussell, but the two are very similar. However, the Snakes' Fussell is better behind the plate, known for his cannon for an arm, and his ability to unsettle hitters with his trash talk.
9. Orsono- P, (0.92, 3-0, 16 K), (88 DC CUT-3, SLD-1, FORK-1)- Orsono has been lights out so far, and he has a great ability to paint the corners for such a young pitcher.
10- Villalta-2B, (.273, 2 HR, 19 RBI), (2EFEEDE)- Despite his drop off in production since he won player of the week in week 1, Villata has good contact, as well as good range at second base.

Last edited by Power Pros 27 on Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:37 pm, edited 4 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:37 pm 
Intimidator
Intimidator

Alaska Post
Alaska Ice Wolves (6-16) @ Utah Snakes (11-11)
April 25, 2008

Ruggiano Gets to Duff as Snakes win 1-0 in Battle of the Expansion Teams
Salt Lake City-- The crowd at Green Apples Stadium was electrified after a 1-0 win for the Snakes. Duff was not. "I was leaving my fastball up most of the game, and they didn't miss" he said. Although he gave up only one run in three innings, it was overall a mediocre performance. After the game, pitching coach Ryan Techer spoke of what has been going wrong: "He's winding up and throwing the ball, but has no idea where it is going. He hopes it will be a good pitch, but when it's not, the hitters don't miss." It ruined a great outing by Clippard (5 IP, 7 H, 0 ER, 6 K, left game with elbow pains), who once again didn't get any run support. It has been a problem for the Ice Wolves 6-man starting rotation all year, who are a combined 0-9 despite an ERA of 3.27. The Ice Wolves couldn't generate any offense against Rojas, who pitched a solid 6 innings. The Snakes scored in the bottom of the 7th, when Kester singled and moved to second on a passed ball. Minges grounded out to third base, and Hampson popped out to SS. However, Haynes got an infield single, and Ruggiano drove in a run on a solid line drive off a high fastball. The Snakes would hold the Ice Wolves scoreless the rest of the game, winning 1-0.

Final Score:
Ice Wolves: 0
Snakes: 1

WP- Sain (1-0)| LP- Duff (0-3)| SV: Buchanan (6)

Clippard: 5 IP, 7 H, 0 ER, 6 K
Tovar: 0-4, 2 SO
House: 1-3, SO

Rojas: 6 IP, 3 H, 0 ER, 9 K
Ruggiano: 1-4, RBI, SO

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:54 pm 
Intimidator
Intimidator

Alaska Post
Alaska Ice Wolves (6-17) @ Utah Snakes (12-11)
April 26, 2008

Ice Wolves Win in Extras Despite Comeback by Snakes
Salt Lake City-- The Ice Wolves are used to two things- their bullpen blowing games and their offense coming back. This game featured both. "After blowing the hold on that inherited run, I just hoped we would comeback" said Bonilla. "Luckily we did." Fussell, not known for his speed, beat out a forceout to put the Ice Wolves on top 3-2. "I just got a quick burst of speed, and beat it out" he said. The Ice Wolves got things started in the top of the 1st against Orsono (who came into the game with an ERA of 0.92), after Christian led off with a double, and Tovar singled him home. Garrett House singled and Fussell singled to add a run to give them a 2-0 lead. Veras was cruising along until the bottom of the 7th, when be gave up singles to Ruggiano, Villalta, and Scobie. With a 2-1 lead and two outs, Bonilla gave up a single to Kester, as the Snakes tied the game. The Ice Wolves retook the lead when Tovar doubled against Sain, and Arellano singled. Fussell drove in the run to give the Ice Wolves a 3-2 lead. Bonilla shut the door as the Ice Wolves won 3-2.

Final Score:
Ice Wolves: 3
Snakes: 2
F/10

WP- Bonilla (1-1)| LP- Sain (1-1)| SV: None

Veras: 6.2 IP, 5 H, 2 ER, 6 K
Tovar: 3-4, 2B, 2 R, RBI, BB
Fussell (Player of the Game): 2-5, 2 RBI

Orsono: 5 IP, 10 H, 2 ER, 3 K
Ruggiano: 3-4, R, SO
Scobie: 1-4, RBI, SO
Kester: 1-4, RBI, SO

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:55 pm 
Intimidator
Intimidator

Alaska Post
Alaska Ice Wolves (7-17) @ Utah Snakes (12-12)
April 27, 2008

Ice Wolves Can't Find Offense as Snakes Walk-Off
Salt Lake City-- Fussell got a walk-off single. Problem is, it was the Snakes' Fussell. "I came in and just couldn't get the job done" said Pickler, who got the loss. Szuminski had a great outing (7.1 IP, 4 H, 0 ER, 7 K), but had only a no-decision to show for it. He owns an 0-4 record despite an ERA of 2.62. Snakes pitcher Fullmer also did great, with a fantastic pitching line (9 IP, 9 H, 0 ER, 7 K). However, in the bottom of the 9th against Pickler, Haynes, Ruggiano, and Fussell singled as the Snakes walked-off against the Ice Wolves.

Final Score:
Ice Wolves: 0
Snakes: 1

WP- Fullmer (2-1)| LP- Pickler (1-1)| SV: None

Szuminski: 7.1 IP, 4 H, 0 ER, 7 K
House: 0-4, SO, E
Sparks: 2-3, CS

Fullmer: 9 IP, 9 H, 0 ER, 7 K
Ruggiano: 3-4
Fussell: 1-4, RBI, CS, Threw out two runners stealing

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:48 pm 
Intimidator
Intimidator

American League Players of the Week:
Joe Mauer- Twins: .565, 2 HR, 10 RBIs
Alex Rodriguez- Yankees: .500, 5 HR, 13 RBIs

National League Players of the Week:
Rickie Weeks- Brewers: .419, 2 HR, 11 RBIs
Dave Roberts- Giants: .360, 2 HR, 7 RBIs

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:18 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Blue Jays
Console '07: Don't Own
Are you playing the whole season?

I haven't posted much, nor has anyone else but this has been great

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:59 pm 
Intimidator
Intimidator

One, thanks. Two, yes, as I have a hard time getting attached to my team if I sim. See my Marlins log for example. Plus, I'm a huge fan of analysing baseball, and sabermetrics.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:51 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Tigers
Yeah, this is a good log and I like that you're taking it slow.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:54 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Red Sox
Console '08: Wii and PS2
Power Pros 27 wrote:
One, thanks. Two, yes, as I have a hard time getting attached to my team if I sim. See my Marlins log for example. Plus, I'm a huge fan of analysing baseball, and sabermetrics.

I'm not sure how many sabermetrics you're gonna find in Power Pros

Are you saying it's wrong to talk to a bag of Skittles? Because if so, I'm going to need to rethink a lot of things. :P
BrewersFuzz wrote:
Powerprosfan31 wrote:
What do twelve year olds do with girlfriends?
Give them ringpops and let them cut up to their spot in line during lunch.
NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS 2017 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS mutha *(censored)*!
Dishnetkid is a heretic who must be burned

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:56 pm 
Intimidator
Intimidator

True, I write down the play by play of every game, though, keep it, and go through it to find out if they could have gotten to the ball to calculate zone rating, for example. And thanks dtigers.

Last edited by Power Pros 27 on Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:32 pm 
Intimidator
Intimidator

Alaska Post
Baltimore Orioles (10-14) @ Alaska Ice Wolves (7-18)
April 28, 2008

Late Comeback Can't Overcome Early Blunders
Anchorage-- "I couldn't find my stuff" said Riley. "Plus, we made too many mistakes, and we need to bounce back." Riley, who came into the game with an ERA of 2.22, couldn't get out of the 5th inning for his second straight start. "It wasn't his fault he lost, though" said manager Ronald Miller. Garrett House, who has done well at the hot corner, made two errors, a routine ground ball that went right through his legs, and a throwing error which sailed over first baseman Arellano's head. The scoring started in the top of the first inning, when, after two outs, Nick Markakis took the ball for a ride that just hit the foul pole. "That fence out in left is pretty short" said Riley, referring to the 300 foot left field fence. In the top of second inning, Luke Scott started off with a single. Fussell let a passed ball go past him, and after a groundout moved Scott to third base, another passed ball let Scott score to give the Orioles a 2-0 lead. In the bottom of the third inning, team captain Garrett House came up to the plate with the bases loaded and one out. A past ball barely went passed catcher Ramon Hernandez, but Christian ran home and was easily tagged out. House popped out to the catcher to end the inning. In the top of the 4th, House's error a runner into scoring position, and Millar singled him home. The Ice Wolves did make a comeback in the 8th, when Leon and Sandberg got RBI singles to close the deficit to 3-2. However, Baez struck out Sparks to end the rally, and Fernando Cabrera pitched a perfect 9th for the save.

Final Score:
Orioles: 3
Ice Wolves: 2

WP- Traschel (3-2)|LP- Riley (0-2)| SV- F. Cabrera (6)
HR: Markakis (2)

Traschel: 7.2 IP, 12 H, 0 ER, 10 K
Markakis: 2-4, HR, RBI, SO
Millar: 2-4, RBI, 2 SO

Riley: 4.2 IP, 5 H, 2 ER, 6 K
House: 1-4, SO, 2 E
Leon: 2-4, RBI, SO
Sandberg: 1-4, RBI, 2 SO

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next