Post subject: nearly pulled off a comeback for the ages
PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:38 pm 
Designated Poster
Designated Poster

Favorite Team: Tigers
Console '07: Sony PS2
Console '08: Sony PS2
Favorite Japanese title: Don't Own
when i was playing season mode my team was down 10-0 in the 2nd scored 5 in the 2nd and 4 in the 3rd and they scored 1 more but fell short 11-9 would of been a big win vs the angels. what was your biggest comeback or closest you came to winning

Post subject: Re: nearly pulled off a comeback for the ages
PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:36 am 
All-Star
All-Star

Favorite Team: Rays
Console '07: Don't Own
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
Wow - that was quite an effort! I don't remember my biggest comebacks. I have been up on my opponent by 8 runs and they chip away with a run here and there while I waste my time swinging for the fences, and then before I know it, they go up a run in the 8th or 9th.

Guess the agony of defeat is more memorable than the thrill of victory!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:01 pm 
Designated Poster
Designated Poster

i been down 5 in the 8th to win also been down 3 or 4 in the ninth to hit 3 hrs in 4 abs. down 6-0 in the 3rd score 3 in the 3 and 4 in the 4th by a possible braun slam and 4 in the 7th to in 11-6

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:34 pm 
Intimidator
Intimidator

Favorite Team: Yankees
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
I've come back from 4-5 run deficits a lot.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:49 pm 
Ace
Ace

Console '07: Wii and PS2
I got down 12 in season mode and came back and won 18-17 in 14.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:56 am 
AAA Starter
AAA Starter

Favorite Team: Mets
MLB Power Pros 2007 it was. I was playing success mode with my player being a first baseman. The game was against the MLB All Stars, so naturally I had to pitch with only Robin and Alvin since everyone else would be a horrible idea to pitch with. I decided to start Robin. First inning I give up 5 runs. Fast forward to the 4th inning, Robin gets tired, but I manage to pitch through until the 5th inning without allowing anymore runs. I put in Alvin at the start of the 5th inning. I allow 4 runs making it now 9-0 at the end of the 5th. So here I am thinking they're gonna mercy me again. Somehow I keep the score at 9-0. So here I am now about to bat the 9th inning. I only got if I remember maybe 3 or 4 hits all game. All of a sudden Jake Peavy (who started the game for some reason instead of Pedro Martinez) throws a wild pitch inside, and I lean into it. Baserunner on first. All downhill from there for Peavy. I get 8 consecutive singles in a row before he could get one out. Score is 9-6 in the ninth with one out, runners on second and third. Three more hits in a row, Peavy still pitching through all this...9-8. Bases loaded, worst batter on the team (random generic face guy) hits the ball....slow roller to the left of the second baseman Robinson Cano, and I'm thinking "oh no, not a double play to end the game." The ball was hit far enough to the left of Cano where he has to dive for it....but MISSES the ball. I'm jumping up and down in real life like you wouldn't believe. I tied the game on a miscue by Cano. Next batter gets struck out. Two outs with a tied game. Bases still loaded, Marvin is up to bat. Hits it into the right field gap. 10-9 we have the lead oh my goodness. So with that, Jake Peavy is finally taken out of the game, and Pedro Martinez comes in to minimize the damage. However, the next batter drives in a run to make the score 11-9 before Martinez can get the final out of the 9th inning.

So here I am with just Alvin to work with, and a two run lead. First two batters ground out. Then comes Manny Ramirez with a single...and then Derek Jeter after that with his own single. This brings up Alex Rodriguez who had already hit 2 HR's in the game to bat, with a chance to get a walk-off HR. Here I am thinking if I should pitch to A-Rod or walk him to get the next guy on...but wait, Alvin is tired now with one out to go, breaking balls won't work well. I have to pitch to him, the next guy is technically just as dangerous I thought to myself. Strike one, with the first pitch. Throw one outside try to get him to chase, no he has a good eye, Ball one. I pitch a fastball low and inside, and he was looking for the curveball, as he swings under the ball, but still sends it straight away deep in the outfield. A very high fly ball to Center Field...BUT THATS WHERE MARVIN IS NOOOOOO!!!! Please catch the ball Marvin, don't drop it like you did against the Champion Rings in Year 2 (Devastating moment, as that out would have given us the win in Year 2, instead we went to extra innings and lost). Marvin standing under the ball for a good 5 or 6 seconds (since it was hit so high) catches the ball in miraculous fashion and not only wins the game with the go-ahead RBI, but records the last out.

Since that game, I have not been able to beat the All Star team in Success Mode for 2007. It just makes that victory feel so much sweeter.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:09 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

Console '07: Don't Own
Nice post, Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:25 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Athletics
Console '07: Wii and PS2
Console '08: Wii and PS2
Favorite Japanese title: (PS3) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2012
Wow! That was quite a comeback!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2017 and 2018 MLBPPW Fantasy Football League Champion

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:08 pm 
Designated Poster
Designated Poster

Down 5-0 to the rays in the 5th Scott Rolen got a hit which started a 5 run rally which ended with a 3 run homer by David Ortiz to tie the game, In the 6th B.J Upton hit a solo shot then Brad Hawpe hit a 2 run homer to give my team a 8-5 lead which my team won by that score.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:59 am 
All-Star
All-Star

Favorite Japanese title: (PS3) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2011
Was getting perfected by Tim Wakefield until the eighth down 5-0 in season mode as the Tokyo Allstars which are amazing at hitting and he threw a knuckleball to Case Paulson who promptly drove it over the center field wall at Fenway park to make it 5-4 but that's where the fun starts two singles then a bunt and run causes chaos and two runs to score. 6-5 Tokyo our closer was on for the two inning save walked the first two double play ball muffed bases loaded sound familiar. A David Ortiz double, and a Manny groundout made it 8-6. Into the ninth Papelbon comes on and strikes out James Cabrera and Edwards.
Bring up Adam Morrison who triples to the triangle then comes Case Paulson who is walked then his brother Lenny steps up and singles to right scoring Morrison then K. Sifegong hit a three run homer. Bottom ninth 10-8 Mario Rivera shuts down the Red Sox. Epic comeback new achievement

.247 is better than .000 if I'm being honest.-BBMan9500

I will always love this place

When there is actually activity again I'll be there!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:09 am 
Designated Poster
Designated Poster

nearly pulled off a 7 run comeback in the ninth to lose 8-5 teams teed off my former swing man who is in AAA Now

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:24 am 
Benchwarmer
Benchwarmer

Favorite Team: White Sox
Favorite Japanese title: (PS3) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2012
I was playing as the White Sox v. the Yankees. It was the last game of the 2010 season, and I needed to win to clinch the playoffs. The yankees kept on hitting home runs off of my starter in the first 3 innings making it 7-0. I brought in on of my success players to shut them down. I scored 2 in the 4th, 1 in the 5th, and 3 in the 8th. It was the bottom of the 9th, and I was down by one. Mariano Rivera was just too good for my bottom three hitters. We fell short...There goes any chance of the playoffs.

Point Guard team: Seth Curry, Ricky Rubio, Michael Carter-Williams,

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:49 am 
Designated Poster
Designated Poster

down 9-2 in the fourth and the team did there late inning clutch hitting to win a wild one 15-13 with a 7 spot in the 8th when down 9-8

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:29 pm 
Benchwarmer
Benchwarmer

Console '08: Wii and PS2
Favorite Japanese title: (Vita) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2012
In MLB Power Pros 08 as the Golden Apples Stittch held us to a 7-0 game into the fourth inning, then we scored only 1 run in that inning but we scored 2 runs off of singles and then bases loaded, Terry hits a outfield bomb and the game became tied. Stittch was tooken out before that at bat, but then my player hits his only hit in that game as a homer after Terrys homer. I was HYPE!

hilarious

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:23 am 
Designated Poster
Designated Poster

i was down 9-7 in the 8th scored 7 to take the lead and they scored 5 in the bottom half to send the game to extras tied in 14 then my team exploded for 7 to win 21-14