Power Pros Forum

A community-run forum for Power Pros
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Blue and going for gold, a Blue Jays season log
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:30 am 
Intimidator
Intimidator

Favorite Team: Yankees
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
Favorite Japanese title: Don't Own
Gimme Rios and Wells too then.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:35 am 
Ace
Ace

Favorite Team: Astros
Power Pros 27 wrote:
Gimme Rios and Wells too then.

They are yours, any more request before I post opening day?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:07 am 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Mets
Console '08: Wii and DS
Favorite Japanese title: (Wii) Jikkyou Powerful Major League 2009
Tdud123 wrote:
They are yours, any more request before I post opening day?

Adam Lind, Robinson Diaz, Aaron Hill, and (shudders) Shaun Marcum

For a laugh, look up Marcum's 2013 stats with the Mets

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:14 am 
Intimidator
Intimidator

Favorite Team: Yankees
John McDonald! Went to the same HS as my mom

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:47 pm 
Ace
Ace

March 31st Yankees Away Dugout

"Guys this is the season opener, a win or a loss here may determine our future" Skip (The manger) shouted at the squad. "Halladay you're up, show'em we're not pushovers anymore. Pay special attention to Jeter and A-Rod, an opening day home game will set their bats on fire. Everybody put your hands in, yes even you Stairs, 1..2..3 EH!"

Warmups

"Hally hows it working today?" Pat (Pitching Coach) asked.

"Its working but I've had a few dirt balls Aren has let past." Hal replied. Pat looks over to the Dugout at Arencibia,
"Maybe he's had 1 to many Gatorade."
"Let's hope so"

"Hey, You" A voice called, "Get off my mound I'm pitching first."
"Just having a chat Wang no need to start a brawl." Pat says as he walks off.

Gametime

"Ladies and Gentleman, Boys and Girls welcome to Opening day at Yankee Stadium. First up, Alex Rios right field."

Alex steps up for the first pitch, a 75mph Changeup low. The very next pitch he smacks, straight to shortstop who gets him out with an easy toss to first.
"Damn it!" he exclaims, " I should've gotten under that ball!"
" Keep calm Alex," Skip says smoothly, "You're no use to us if you ejected."
"Fine" Alex replies as he sits down next to Wells.
Hill strikes out swinging and Eckstien puts one in between SS nad Left for a single. Aren strikes out 1,2,3.

Halladay starts off with a 83mph fastball down the middle. Damon then pops up to Short. Jeter gets on base with a single. Abreau strikes out and A-Rod gets on with a ground ball down the 3rd base line. Runners of 1st and 2nd when Giambi flys out to Right to end the inning.

The 2nd, 3rd, and 4th goes 1,2,3 for both teams

In the 5th with 1 out Stairs singles to center. Wells Stikes out but hope is not lost as Rolens singles to Right. Now with runners on 1st and 3rd Overbay steps up. He watches 3 pitches until lining the ball down the 1st base line. Giambi lays out, attempting to stop the RBI single and caught the ball, in what will be a SC Top Ten Play

In the bottom Posada singles on and infield dribbler. Matsui also hits and infield dribbler, advancing Posada while he is thrown out. With two out J.Molina (Playing CF for some reason, He's a Catcher) steps up. He looks at a pitch down and inside 0 - 1. Next pitch is a changeup down and away. Molina doesn't swing but Arencibia let it past! Posada is at 3rd with 2 outs in a 1-1 count. Aren talks with Hal

"What should we give 'em" Hal asked the rookie catcher."
"Fastballs" Arencibia replied, "His movements are slow but strong so we got to be him to it."

2 Fastballs later Molina heads back to the dugout, stranding Posada at 3rd.

To start the 6th Rios lines one to CF as he stops on 1st. 2 Pitches later he runs for 2nd. Posada tries to get him but he is too slow. Rios has his 1st SB of the season. The efforts are fruitless however as Hill, Eck, and Aren all strike out.

Next up for the Yanks was Damon, who singles on yet another infield dribbler. Next up Jeter who looks at 3 pitches until Aren lets ANOTHER pitch by as Damon moved to second with no outs. Jeter strikes out and Abreu ground out to third. Now A-Rod is up runner on second with 2 outs. 3 swings later we retires to the dugout, leaving Damon on 2nd.

To start the 7th Yankees replace CF Molina with Austin Jackson 2, 8, 85, 12, 7, 8, 9, Throwing 4, Firstball HTR, Timely Whiff.

The 7th went 1,2,3 for both, and the defensive change was not needed. Now the end of 7 both pitchers have shutouts, but who will tire first?

The 8th went hitless for the Jays but the Yankees' Damon double to right-center with 2 outs. Jeter steps up and strikes out, stranding Damon. Both pitchers are doing well with no sign of fatigue.

The 9th was uneventful for the Jays but Wang is showing signs of fatigue. The bottom of the ninth had an Abreau pop up to short center that was not caught. Now A-Rod has a runner of 1st and no outs. He smacks a grounder up the middle which is fielded by Eckstien and turned into a 6-4-3 double play. Giambi then strikes out to bring the game to extra innings.

With 2 outs in the 10th Wang is pulled for Hawkins, who proceeds to pop Wells out.

In the bottom Cano doubles to right field with no outs. Posada grounds out to first, allowing Cano to move to 3rd with 1 out. Matsui lines out to 2nd and Jackson, with 2 outs in a walk-off opperotunity, ground to 3rd and the throw is in time to get the out and end the inning

Starting the 11th the Jays grounded out, 3 times, to 2nd base.

Halladay, still pitching, still has no sign of fatigue. Jeter doubles on a Left-Center line drive and Halladay is replaced by Downs. 1 out left Abreu grounds to 2nd but no play is made on a Fielders choice, runners on 3rd and 1st with A-rod coming up. He grounds to shortstop but the throw home isnt in time as Jeter scores.

POTG - Hawkins
W - Hawkins
L - Halladay
HR- None

Noteworthy Preformances

Rios 5 AB 1 H 1 SB
Aren 4 AB 4 SO
Hal 10 1/3 IP 114 Pitches 16 SO .87 ERA

After the Game

Back in the Clubhouse Skip is yelling his lungs off at Eck and Hill. "HILL WHY DIDN'T YOU MAKE THE THROW AT FIRST TO MAKE A 2 OUT SITUATION!" \

Skip turns at Eck "AND YOU" He starts off "GO FOR THE DOUBLE PLAY IN 1 OUT SITUATIONS!" Skip storms off and drives away with any further words.

Halladay is sitting at his locker, with a bag of ice on his shoulder. Batista walks up to him and initiates conversation.
"This loss isn't your fault man, you pitched 10 innings of great ball without run support. This loss the on the team offensively."
"That's what they all say, but it doesn't change the records." Halladay says as he struts off. "If you need me I'll be at the hotel."

Recap

Halladay pitched 10 1/3 innings of one run ball.

Blue Jays offence unexistent

Mental Fielding errors gave up the deciding run in the 11th

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 4:04 pm 
AAA Starter
AAA Starter

Favorite Team: Red Sox
Console '08: Don't Own
Tdud123 wrote:

In the 5th with 1 out Stairs singles to center. Wells Stikes out but hope is not lost as Rolens singles to Right. Now with runners on 1st and 3rd Overbay steps up. He watches 3 pitches until lining the ball down the 1st base line. Giambi lays out, attempting to stop the RBI single and caught the ball, in what will be a SC Top Ten Play

Man, tough first game. I was hoping Stairs would get knocked in from 3rd, but sometimes that's just how the cookie crumbles I guess!

Last edited by SpastikMooss on Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 4:52 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Blue Jays
Console '07: Don't Own
here we go again

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 4:58 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Prediction wrote:
here we go again

With what?

Oh, and Mooss, when you want to post about something, don't quote the entire post unless it's a short one. You basically re-posted the whole game recap. Just a helpful tip :D

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:16 pm 
Ace
Ace

4/2 Toronto (0 - 1) v. Yankees (1-0) Pregame

NEW FORMAT - let me know if you like it

Skip decided to show up after his rant last game, though he has made changes. Joe Inglett 2B has been promoted to the MLB and Brian Tallet P was demoted. Tension are high through the clubhouse, and rumor are starting about whether Eckstein or Hill will he benched.
Fellow Infielder Lyle Overbay had this to say "Last game both players had defensive lapses and everyone in the Clubhouse knows it cost them the game. Some, like Rios thinks Eckstein should be replaced by McDonald for his lapse and allowances of infield dribblers. Ultimately I think it will come down to Halladay, he was the pitcher who received the loss."

Tonight R.A. Dickey will be starting against Aging Andy Pettitte. Hill and Eckstein are still starting. The situation in Toronto will likely escalate on a loss tonight, especially a shutout. Wells, simply said he's focused on doing well in this game. If the offence is shutout for the second game in a row, expect changes.

1st 0 - 0

Rios starts the game off with a groundout to Short. Hill groundsout and Eckstien gets a hopper single. Arencibia proceeds to strike out.

Yanks go 1,2,3, all strikeouts

2nd 0 - 0

Batista strikes out in 3 pitches. Stairs pops out to short. Wells gets a single to left. Wells is picked off.

Yanks go 1,2,3

3rd 0 - 0

Rolens strikes out swinging. Overbay strikes out on a dirtball. Rios singles to center. Hill grounds to Short, is thrown out

Posada flies out to center, Matsui is struck out. Molina singles to center. Damon groundout to 2nd

4th 0 - 0

Eckstien Strikes out looking. Arencibia ground out to 1st. Batista Strikes out looking

Jeter Strikes out swinging. Abreau grounds out to Short. A-Rod pops up to catcher

5th 0 - 0

Stairs flies out to 2nd on a diving catch. Wells singles to center for his 2nd hit of the day. Rolen grounds out to short for a 6-4-3 DP

Giambi strikes out looking. Cano lines to center for a single. Cano is picked off Posada doubles to right-center. Matsui, with Posada on 2nd, groundout to 3rd.

6th 0 - 0

Overbay strikes out looking. Rios strikes out swinging. Hill hits a hopper to 3rd and beats the tag. Eckstein lines out to center.

Molina pop up to center but is safe at 1st. Damon strikes out. Jeter grounds in between 2nd and 1st and is safe on a fielders choice. Runners on 1st and 2nd with 1 out. Abreu with a full count, stikes out swinging. A-Rod steps up and is sent back after a strike out swinging. Runners left on 1st and 2nd.

7th 0 - 0

Molina is subbed for Austin Jackson. Arencibia strikes out swinging. Batista strikes out swinging, his 3rd of the day. Stairs strikes out swinging.

Giambi lines out to Dickey. Cano groundsout to 2nd. Posada singles to left, his 2nd hit of the day. Matsui lines out to 3rd.

8th 0 - 0

Wells steps up, already with 2 hits on the day, and lines out to center. Rolens strikes out swinging. Overbay strikes out, his 3rd today.

Jackson, who was put in in the 7th, strikes out swinging. Damon strikes out swinging his 3rd of the day. Jeter pops up to the catcher.

9th 0 - 0

Rios strikes out swinging. Hill groundsout to the pitcher. Eckstien grounds out to short.

Dickey is replaced by Accardo. Abreu singles to right. A-Rod grounds to 3rd and is safe on a Fielders choice, Abreu is thrown out. Giambi hops to 2nd and is safe on a fielders choice, A-Rod was thrown out. Cano grounds out to 2nd.

10th 0 - 0

Arencibia groundsout to 3rd. Batista launches to left-center for a double. Stairs strikes out swinging. Pettitte is changed out for Hawkins. Wells lines one to right-center field for an RBI single. Rolens strikes out swinging.

Posada hits a deep shot to right-center field for a double. Accardo is replaced by Downs. Arencibia is replaced by Zaun. Matsui hits an infield popup. Jackson strikes out swinging. Damon pops one to short left field. Eckstein moves his legs and makes the improbable diving catch to end the game.

POTG - Downs, V.Wells
W - Accardo
S - Downs
L - Pettitte
HR- none

Clubhouse after the game

Skip walks up to Eckstien and leans on his locker. "I bet you know what I'm about to say don't you?"
"Don't worry, my wife's already packing my bags." Eckstein replied without making eye contact.
"Hell No!" Skip shouted so the entire clubhouse could hear. "You did us right on that last play. I just got one thing to say to you."
"Whats that Skip?"
"Run like that at practice." Skip said walking off to the post-game interview.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:27 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

It's the second game of the year, and tensions are already flying? :(

You're doing every game of the season? Interesting. I'm simming most of my games.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:36 pm 
Ace
Ace

LetsGoMets77 wrote:
You're doing every game of the season? Interesting. I'm simming most of my games.

I'm doing the exiting games and since both went into extras i'm doing them. Yes I know they are 1 run games, it'still cool to watch

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:55 pm 
AAA Starter
AAA Starter

Favorite Team: Red Sox
Console '08: Don't Own
Awesome stuff so far! Too bad Stairs keeps striking out!

And Mets, I will definitely be more careful with my quoting in the future lol.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:00 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

SpastikMooss wrote:
And Mets, I will definitely be more careful with my quoting in the future lol.

It's okay Mooss. You could be worse :lol:

Post subject: Home Opener
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:42 pm 
Ace
Ace

Game 3 vs Yanks

0 - 1 Loss

W- Mussina
L - Burnett
S - Rivera

Notable performances

Scott Rolen 2 - 3, 1 double, 0 strike outs Toronto POTG AgentP bragging rights.
A.J. Burnett 8 IP, 103 Pitches, 18 SO, 1 ER, 1.13 ERA

Team Plane to Toronto

Dejected after their 2 - 1 series loss, the Blue Jays head home to face the division leading Red Sox.

"I can't wait to see Sarah!" Overbay pronounced to nobody in particular.

"And I can't wait to see my apartment!" Arencibia pronounced wholeheartedly.

"You mean you haven't seen your own apartment?" Batista asked.

"Yeah my agent got it for me. It's in a place called Weston." The plane then goes into bouts of laughter, even Skip, who hates life itself.

"May I ask who your agent is?" Overbay asked.

"His name is Jacob and he only works with All-star caliber players." Arencibia pronounced. "Also whats so funny about Weston?"

"Look it up genius" Rios replied.

Clubhouse Pregame

Skip takes a stool and steps on it. "Everybody listen up! We cannot afford to lose this series. The Sox are leading the division and if we take this series it will but us 9 steps closer to the playoffs." Arencibia walks in wide eyed and leans against his locker. "Where the hell have you been son! You missed warm-ups and were about to go out there in 5 minutes!"

Arencibia looks at Skip, "I found about Weston, the hard way."

"Damn it!" Skip cursed. "Are take a nap and Zaun you start. Now leave me be while I edit the lineup."

Gametime Red Sox (3 - 1) v Blue Jays (1 - 2)

EDITS

Pedroia 2, 12, 141, 8, 10, 8, 9, Gd IF HTR, Clutch Hit 2

C. Buchholz 96, 165, 126, 2SFB 2, CUT 2, DCB 4, CHG 2, VS LH Batter 4, Release 4, Gd Low Pitch, Durability 4, Consistency 4,

1st 0 - 0

Ellsbury lines to third, Youkilus strikes out, Ortiz strikes out in 3 pitches.

Rios strikes out swinging. A.Hill singles to center. Eckstein grounds to 2nd for the double play. Hill left on 1st.

2nd 0 - 0

Ramirez groundsout to 2nd. Lowell strikes out swinging. J.D. Drew groundsout to shortstop.

Batista flies out to 1st. Rolen strikes out in 3 pitches. Stairs strikes out swinging.

3rd 0 - 0

Varitek strikes out in 3 pitches. Pedroia hits a hopper to the pitcher, throw in time. Lugo grounds to short, throw not in time. Ellisbury grounds out to pitcher.

Wells pops out to catcher. Overbay grounds out to 3rd. Zaun, in first at bat of the season, singles to center. Rios grounds out to 1st.

4th 0 - 0

Youkilus pops out to catcher. Ortiz flies out to center field. Ramirez strikes out swinging.

A.Hill, with 1 hit already, strikes out in 3 pitches. Eckstein strikes out swinging. Batista strikes out in 3 pitches.

5th 0 - 0

Lowell singles to center. Drew strikes out. Zaun lets a ball pass, Lowell moves to 2nd. Varitek strikes out. Pedroia grounds out to short.

Rolen singles to center. Stairs grounds to short in fielders choice. Stairs safe at first, Rolen is thrown out. Wells grounds to short in fielders choice. Wells safe at first, Stairs is thrown out. Overbay singles to left, runners at 1st and 2nd. Zaun, with 1 hit today, groundsout to 1st. Overbay and Wells stranded.

6th 0 - 0

Lugo grounds to 1st, is safe on error. Ellsbury grounds to 1st, is safe on fielders choice, Lugo thrown out. Youkilis grounds to 3rd, is safe on fielders choice, Ellsbury thrown out. Big Papi groundsout to 2nd.

Starting at the top of their lineup, the Blue Jays Rios strikes out. A.Hill, with 1 hit today, strikes out swinging. Eckstein strikes out swinging.

7th 0 - 0

Ramirez singles on liner to center. Ramirez is caught stealing. Lowell lines out to 3rd. Drew singles to right. Varitek grounds to 2nd, all safe on error. Hill is replaced by Inglett. Varitek is replaced by Coco Crisp. Pedroia strikes out, stranding Crisp and Drew.

Crisp is replaced by Cash, Crisp moves to CF, replaces Ellsbury. Batista flies out to left. Rolen, with 1 hit today, strikes out in 3 pitches. Next pitch Buchholz is injured, Okajima replaces him. Stairs pops out to center.

8th 0 - 0

Lugo groundsout to 1st. Cash groundsout to 1st. Youkilus groundsout to short.

Wells strikes out swinging. Overbay pops out to the catcher. Zaun lines out to the pitcher.

9th 0 - 0

Ortiz lines out to center. Ramirez strikes out. Lowell strikes out on a dirtball.[/color

Rios strikes out. Inglett strikes out swinging. [color=#0000FF]Eckstein is replaced by Arencibia.
Arencibia strikes out.

10th 0 - 0

McDonald comes in for Arencibia. Drew strikes out. Crisp groundsout to 1st. Pedroia strikes out.

Bautista lines a double to right-center field. Rolen strikes out. Stairs grounds out to 2nd, advancing Bautista to 3rd. Wells strikes out.

11th 0 - 0

McGowen is replaced by Frasor. Lugo lines out to short. Cash groundsout to short. Youkilus groundsout to 2nd.

Overbay lines out to center field. Zaun lines out to right. Rios strikes out

12th 0 - 0

Ortiz groundsout to short. Ramirez groundsout to short. Lowell lines to center for a single. Drew grounds between 2nd and 1st for a single. Crisp, with Lowell at 2nd, strikes out in 3 pitches.

Inglett lines out to right. Okajima is replaced by Timlin. McDonald strikes out swinging. Bautista grounds to 3rd, throw not in time. Rolens lines out to right.

13th 0 - 0

Pedroia strikes out in 3 pitches, Lugo grounds out to short. Cash groundsout to 2nd.

Stairs single to center. Wells is safe after a fielders choice throws Stairs out. Wells steals 2nd. Overbay, with Wells at 2nd lines out to 2nd on a double play.

14th 0 - 0

Youkilus strikes out in 3 pitches. Ortiz groundsout to 3rd. Ramirez pops out to the catcher.

Zaun singles to left. Cash lets a ball get past, Zaun to 2nd. Rios lays down a bunt, safe on fielders choice but Zaun thrown out. Inglett lines to right, runners on 1st and 2nd. McDonald strikes out. Bautista, in the clutch, lines out to short.

15th 0 - 0

Wolfe replaces Frasor. Lowell strikes out in 3 pitches. Drew strikes out. Crisp strikes out.

Timlin is replaced by Papelbon. Rolen groundsout to 3rd. Stairs singles to center. Wells strikes out. Overbay groundsout to 1st.

16th 0 - 0

Pedroia strikes out in 3 pitches. Lugo strikes out. Cash lines out to 1st.

Zaun singles on a liner to right. Rios lines to right, runners on 1st and 2nd. Inglett grounds to 2nd, Rios thrown out, runner on 1st and 3rd. McDonald walks. Bautista, with bases loaded, lines to center for an RBI walk-off single.

Jays win 0 - 1
W-Wolfe
L-Papelbon
POTG - Bautista

Notable performances

Zaun 3 - 6
Bautista 3 - 7, 1 Double, RBI
McGowan 10 IP, 105 Pitches, 12 SO, 0.00 ERA

Bragging rights - LGM

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:05 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Bragging rights, oh yeah

What is Weston? And lol at "even skip, who hates life itself" :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next