Power Pros Forum

A community-run forum for Power Pros
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Posting:

* Individual players should be in their own thread, with the full name of the player and position(s) in the title. Don't add superlatives or any other shout outs to it... we will see your guys...
* If you post a team or a set of players, add players by editing your starting post so they're all in the same post. A bump to announce the edit is appropriate.
* Posting images are fine, provided they are small in dimension and data. 800x600 and ~50Kb should be the biggest you can post inline (using the [IMG] tag), anything larger, post a link or a clickable thumbnail instead.
* If you have wiki rights, add your player(s) and team(s) there as well!
-->

Post subject: Re: Gyroball confirmation
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:38 pm 
Starter
Starter

Favorite Team: Giants
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
cownip wrote:
SlimPickens wrote:
DrMario wrote:
I feel like I am not getting any credit at all....

You are getting all you deserve. Respect is given where respect is due.

Hey, how many times do we have to go through this mate. Again and again, I, Max, and Darkshade (the latter two of which matter much more of course) have pleaded again and again to leave Dr. Mario alone. In my mind, he has redimed himself in playing a key role in rediscovering the Gyro Ball. The only reason I believe he held on so long is that he was afraid of the criticism of everyone saying things like you are. This has happened before again and again and the last thing we need is another fight. What he did was wrong, yes, but there is nothing to acchieve by continuing to attack him about it. He is sorry I'm sure and has done everything to re-earn everyones respect. So please, stop the fighting on the forum and leave him alone. We should be discussing the Gyro-ball and be proud that we were able to discover it, not slam him again. SO I beg all of you once again, leave Dr. Mario alone.

The bottom line is do what you can to benefit the community, then leave it at that. Theres no need to beg for credit, or toot your own horn about it, people will respect you based on your contribution in total. Respect is not given by asking for credit, its EARNED by showing over a long term that you are a trustworthy and valuable member of the community.

Maybe when you young guys grow up a bit you'll learn how the real world works. Until then, by all means, continue dealing with people how you wish, and see how much "respect" you get doing things your way. I am not trying to pick on Dr.mario or anyone else by saying this, I just want to make it clear how the real world works in regard to credit given where credit is due.

That said, I appreciate Dr.Marios and MrWelz and everyone who has helped to contribute to making the game better for us all by finding this elusive skill.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:15 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Japanese title: (DS) Nettou! Powerful Koushien
FoxTrump wrote:
I must ask....what is the big deal about the gyroball? Why does everyone seem obsessed with it?

what it does is make the ball seem like it is going waaaay faster than it really is, in case you didn't know. any power pitcher loves it, and breaking ball pitchers are fine with it too, mixing it in with their curves and such. it is probably the hardest ability to obtain (or at least in the top 3), and if you have ever used a guy with a gyroball, you'd know why. in my life mode, my guy (81 mph) looks like he's throwing a mid to high 80s mph fastball.

"I accept that other people have different preferences. Even when those preferences include facial tattoos and stretch pants constructed from sufficient material to shelter a small village. And their livestock. Some men enjoy dancing with other men without their tops on while others prefer the company of a woman two KFC family buckets away from upsetting the planet's rotational axis."
-David Thorne

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:24 pm 
Intimidator
Intimidator

Favorite Team: Rays
You are getting all you deserve. Respect is given where respect is due.[/quote]
Hey, how many times do we have to go through this mate. Again and again, I, Max, and Darkshade (the latter two of which matter much more of course) have pleaded again and again to leave Dr. Mario alone. In my mind, he has redimed himself in playing a key role in rediscovering the Gyro Ball. The only reason I believe he held on so long is that he was afraid of the criticism of everyone saying things like you are. This has happened before again and again and the last thing we need is another fight. What he did was wrong, yes, but there is nothing to acchieve by continuing to attack him about it. He is sorry I'm sure and has done everything to re-earn everyones respect. So please, stop the fighting on the forum and leave him alone. We should be discussing the Gyro-ball and be proud that we were able to discover it, not slam him again. SO I beg all of you once again, leave Dr. Mario alone.[/quote]

The bottom line is do what you can to benefit the community, then leave it at that. Theres no need to beg for credit, or toot your own horn about it, people will respect you based on your contribution in total. Respect is not given by asking for credit, its EARNED by showing over a long term that you are a trustworthy and valuable member of the community.

Maybe when you young guys grow up a bit you'll learn how the real world works. Until then, by all means, continue dealing with people how you wish, and see how much "respect" you get doing things your way. I am not trying to pick on Dr.mario or anyone else by saying this, I just want to make it clear how the real world works in regard to credit given where credit is due.

That said, I appreciate Dr.Marios and MrWelz and everyone who has helped to contribute to making the game better for us all by finding this elusive skill.[/quote]

Nobody needs a lecture on the world works, I know what lies ahead.

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3276

It's going to be great!!!

Time to stop the spam!!!

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3294

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:35 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Yankees
My whole point is that there is no reason to start up a fight over this again and give even more work to the mods. I too was a little anoyed that he pointed out that he discovered it, but I don't think that's any reason to spark more fighting. I'm not disagreeing with you either, but I don't see the reason in arguing any longer about this. We've found the Gyroball so lets leave it at that please.

- When you come to a fork in the road, take it.
- When asked if he wanted a pizza cut into 4/8 slices, Yogi responds with "Better cut it into 4, I don't think I could eat 8."
-Always go to other peoples' funerals otherwise they won't go to yours.
-I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.
-In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is.
-It's tough to make predictions, especially about the future.
I'm on vacation for about a month.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:37 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

amen cownip.
amen. 8)

"I accept that other people have different preferences. Even when those preferences include facial tattoos and stretch pants constructed from sufficient material to shelter a small village. And their livestock. Some men enjoy dancing with other men without their tops on while others prefer the company of a woman two KFC family buckets away from upsetting the planet's rotational axis."
-David Thorne

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:02 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Yankees
Annoyances :
1. The act of annoying or the state of being annoyed.
2. A cause of irritation or vexation; a nuisance.
Pestering: To constantly harass with petty annoyances
How does this apply to the current situation?
A certain person (in this case Rbh325)/ group of people are annoying and causing an irritation to myself and the majority of the players (by constantly bashing Mario) so often that it would be called pestering.
Thus, continue bringing up this overused point for what?

Now I ask you to please stop posting about this. This thread has nothing to do with Dr. Mario and what he said or didn't say and it should remain this way. This is about the first posted Gyroballer. If you want to discuss this, please go ahead, but if you don't, then we may be facing yet another locked thread on this.

- When you come to a fork in the road, take it.
- When asked if he wanted a pizza cut into 4/8 slices, Yogi responds with "Better cut it into 4, I don't think I could eat 8."
-Always go to other peoples' funerals otherwise they won't go to yours.
-I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.
-In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is.
-It's tough to make predictions, especially about the future.
I'm on vacation for about a month.

Last edited by MaxDSterling on Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Removed quote to deleted post.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:09 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

i agree with cownip, we need to stop insulting each other and talk about the gyroball.

if you want, i can start a topic about insulting each other (just kidding :mrgreen: )

-David Thorne