Power Pros Forum

A community-run forum for Power Pros
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 3:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Posting:

* Individual players should be in their own thread, with the full name of the player and position(s) in the title. Don't add superlatives or any other shout outs to it... we will see your guys...
* If you post a team or a set of players, add players by editing your starting post so they're all in the same post. A bump to announce the edit is appropriate.
* Posting images are fine, provided they are small in dimension and data. 800x600 and ~50Kb should be the biggest you can post inline (using the [IMG] tag), anything larger, post a link or a clickable thumbnail instead.
* If you have wiki rights, add your player(s) and team(s) there as well!
-->

Post subject: Re: Ian Johanson (SS/CF/C) - Wii
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:11 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Reds
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
apple4960 wrote:
...I know. I was exaggerating, but I don't really see any of us getting a player with three positions, maxed stats, and almost all the abilities. Somebody prove me wrong, I want to make an All-Star team!

Apple, have you seen this guy Gregory Hughes. He is probably just a tad better.

All my success mode players that I created can be found here.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:05 pm 
Starter
Starter

Favorite Team: Giants
SmilingFaces96 wrote:
SlimPickens wrote:
....My latest guy I did so much s/l I managed to forget to finish my marvin cave REs for sparkplug, even though I had gotten those REs probably 5 times each on different attempts, but did not get the REs on the tries I ended up saving due to getting whatever else it was I was looking for....

For some reason I have a terrible time trying to get sparkplug. I can't seem to get it. The Marvin Cave event has 4 different RE's correct?

1) Marvin asks you to go and you say Sure!
2) Marvin and you go and don't have a flashlight and you get lost.
3) Marvin and you go with a flash light you bring and a compass marvin brings and end up back at the beginning.
4) Marvin and you go and here some rushing water and find that you are at the lake and see a gorgeous sunset.

Which event gives you sparkplug. I have read the 3rd one in the forum and the 4th one is listed in the wiki.

I have reloaded the 3rd one several times and the 4th one several times, without any success. Am I missing something?
I think there is a 5th Marvin cave RE. I also have has trouble getting Sparkplug reliably- mostly due to marvin seeming to forget we are on his cave explorer RE arc, and never showing up for the final 2 REs of his arc... I s/l'ed over 100 times to finish it last player I made, and Marvin never showed for the 4th event.

I do believe however, that there is a final RE for this event, I really need to be more diligent in writing down all the events I get skills from :| As I remember it Sparkplug was a 100% type skill award- you always receive it when you complete that final RE.

Did you attempt to s/l many times to retry getting the skill from that 4th RE? I'm nearly sure the event that gives it follows that 4th one with the sunset, but like I said, I have also had bad luck getting marvin to show up for those final pieces of his arc.

My last player has everything exept Breakup DP, and Sparkplug, and I was 3/5 of the way along Sparkplug before marvin just stopped giving that RE arc at all :( Its a bummer, because I am really trying to find EVERY blue skill for at least one player along the way...

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:48 pm 
Intimidator
Intimidator

Favorite Team: Rays
Yeah, but we are talking about 08'. Sifu good, but he's good, and ? is missing more abilites than Ian, but he does play SS also.

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3276

It's going to be great!!!

Time to stop the spam!!!

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3294

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 2:52 pm 
Ace
Ace

Favorite Team: Cubs
Nice character.

I think Sparkplug comes from the RE where Marvin asks you if you brought the flashlight.

As for my ? character, less abilities? I don't think so.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:48 am 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Blue Jays
Good character, I was following your post when you started him. I really like the work involved bet it took many hours doing all those s/l.
I made a standard guy with poor sense that is probably a better infielder but it takes alot of time s/l. I did not do a lot of dating so I also did not get intimadator. The abilities he missed rally hitter ... all except intimadator I received from the soh books. I couldn't bother watching stitch flip on the screen so much. I just spent more time looking for dogs. I didn't follow any of the current strategies to a tee but was very lucky. I had a goodjob and caught both thiefs right away (doctor and tv thief). I also spent more time then needed at bisons. I noticed that if you use your discount and spend over 2000 he gives you 5 items back (one is another discount, a gambler ticket, and 3 different powerins) so after a few jobs I went and bought bat wax..... and then saw job and bought more bat wax. I will post him in a few days when I can upload my images. I also have a good national league pitcher with good hitting stats. My next is my first genius in eithier of the 2 years, so I am waiting until I have the time to make sure he comes out right.

Vicsphttp://s376.photobucket.com/albums/oo204/hockeyrama1/vic%20sp/
Ellisp, grandpaC,MadSP-no save /reload pitcher and Dylan CF/RF can be found through the main linkhttp://s376.photobucket.com/albums/oo204/hockeyrama1/