Power Pros Forum

A community-run forum for Power Pros
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Posting:

* Individual players should be in their own thread, with the full name of the player and position(s) in the title. Don't add superlatives or any other shout outs to it... we will see your guys...
* If you post a team or a set of players, add players by editing your starting post so they're all in the same post. A bump to announce the edit is appropriate.
* Posting images are fine, provided they are small in dimension and data. 800x600 and ~50Kb should be the biggest you can post inline (using the [IMG] tag), anything larger, post a link or a clickable thumbnail instead.
* If you have wiki rights, add your player(s) and team(s) there as well!
-->

Post subject: Wii- #53 Richard Autte - Press - RF/3B/C - Log/Pwd
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:42 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Reds
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
Creation Information
I created Richard Autte “Press” (short for Bench Press) with the intent of creating a RF/3B/C (3 color banner) and maxing out all of his basic abilities, getting all of the hitting zones orange, and getting all of the special abilities that I could as well as Intimidator to one up my previous maxed out hitter, Gregory Hughes “Reset”. I also was going to create a players log, so others could see what I did to achieve this player. This players log is quite sloppy, especially compared to the one that was done for pitcher “Smiley :)”.

PDF Format Players Log
MS WORD Format Players Log

Biographical Data
Name: Richard Autte
Nickname: Press
Voice: PRESS
Birth Date: 04/13/1987
MLB Team: Cincinnati (Reds)
Years Pro: 0

Positional Data
Type: Normal
Number: #53
Primary Position: RF
Secondary Position: 3B, C
Bats: Right, Open (R. Howard)
Throws: Right, Overhand (#1)

Hitting Information
Trajectory: 4
Power: 255 (A)
Hitting Abilities: Clutch Hit (5), VS Lefty (5), Contact Hitter, Power Hitter, Spray Hitter, Push Hitter, Hot Hitter, Tough Out, Bunt Master, Grt IF HTR, Gd B2B HTR, Firstball HTR, Table Setter, Bases Clearer (Homers often when bases our loaded), Walk-Off HTR (Hits to end game), Rally Hitter, Gd Pinch HTR, Pull Hitter, Refined
Good Strike Zone: Top Inside, Top Middle, Center Inside, Center Middle, Bottom Inside, Bottom Middle, Bottom Outside

Fielding Information
Run Speed: 15 (A)
Arm Strength: 15 (A)
Fielding: 15 (A)
Error Resistance: 15 (A)
Fielding Abilities: Throwing (4), Durability (4), Consistency (4), Stealing (4), Base Running (4), Gold Glover, Barehand CTH, Spider Catch, Cannon Arm, Pivot Man, HD 1st Slide, Tough Runner, Gd Block, Grt Catcher

Other Information
Other Abilities: Patient Hitter, Aggressive RUN, Aggressive FLD, Gd Small Ball, Gd Morale

All my success mode players that I created can be found here.

Post subject: Re: Wii- #53 Richard Autte - Press - RF/3B/C - Log/Pwd
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:43 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Phillies
wow, ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!! You are a Power Pro guru, man.

My Success Mode Players
Who (1B)
Terminator (CL)
ZackAttack (3B)
Panda (LF)
Newt (2B)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:45 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Longball714 wrote:

I don't think so. I think that honor goes to MrWelz, who will maintain that title until someone knocks off Sifu.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:18 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Cubs
Great player. I don't feel as special with my guy anymore as you continuously make maxed out players! You should make your own guide for maxed out players like Eric Davis did, unless you use his guide to make your maxed out players.

Go check out my Royals season mode log!

Return to Royalty | Kansas City Royals

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:31 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

SmilingFaces96 wrote:
Longball714 wrote:

I don't think so. I think that honor goes to MrWelz, who will maintain that title until someone knocks off Sifu.

ahhhh... the humble ones... :lol:

I wish I was humble... :lol:

Besides, who says there can only be one guru? :wink:

My Success Mode Players
Who (1B)
Terminator (CL)
ZackAttack (3B)
Panda (LF)
Newt (2B)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:45 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

ChiCubsFan4 wrote:
Great player. I don't feel as special with my guy anymore as you continuously make maxed out players! You should make your own guide for maxed out players like Eric Davis did, unless you use his guide to make your maxed out players.

This player was actually created before ED44 guide was posted. And my not so humble response. Quite a bit of Eric Davis guide came from information that I gave him in one of the other posts found here: http://www.mlbppworld.com/viewtopic.php?p=27508#p27508

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:19 am 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Pirates
Console '08: Wii and DS
I am in awe of how often you can get all these maxed players and I've never had one. Haven't that kind of patience is very rare. Great job SF!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:27 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

apple4960 wrote:
I am in awe of how often you can get all these maxed players and I've never had one. Haven't that kind of patience is very rare. Great job SF!

Doing a maxed hitter is pretty easy because it doesn't require any Dr. GJ. It is the pitchers that are extremely difficult because of the need for him.

Last edited by SmilingFaces96 on Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:29 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

"pretty easy" ? Man, I wish I could say that 8)

My Success Mode Players
Who (1B)
Terminator (CL)
ZackAttack (3B)
Panda (LF)
Newt (2B)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:33 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Longball714 wrote:
"pretty easy" ? Man, I wish I could say that 8)

I didn't mean to make it sound like a cake walk. It does take substantial time and effort. I am still recovering from making Smiley, which in comparison to making him, Press and Reset were pretty easy.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:28 pm 
Starter
Starter

Favorite Team: Giants
Very nice player. I am bummed though... I just finished a maxed C/3B/RF too, and I wish I would have known you made this guy so I could have given him different positions so we cover more field with superstars. I am currently running him through 2 MyLife seasons to get him intimidator, since he missed it (and breakup DP, sparkplug :( ) I also skipped head first slide, and pull hitter, since I just dont like head first slide much, and pull hitter is counter-productive somewhat. It also sucks you cant get Spider catch and trash Talk on the same guy.

I am currently working on getting good enough quality pics to post a few players here, but am having issues with blacklines appearing across every shot obscuring the passwords when I use my digital camera.

I would like to get a full team of 3 banner players who can all rotate positions at will. Maybe have 2 backups for each position, and a designated starter who has the position as his primary one. I think I could get away with a roster of maybe 10-12 players total for fielders, and maybe 8 pitchers for a grand total of 20 players on the team (to reduce the number of big salaries to pay out in season mode).

So anyways, back to the topic of your player, now all we need to do is figure out how to get breakup DP, and sparkplug (reliably get it), and maybe some of the green abilities like Gd eye, and slugger, and a player can be made who truly has every hitter skill available.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:03 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

SlimPickens wrote:
Very nice player. I am bummed though... I just finished a maxed C/3B/RF too, and I wish I would have known you made this guy so I could have given him different positions so we cover more field with superstars. ....

....I am currently working on getting good enough quality pics to post a few players here, but am having issues with blacklines appearing across every shot obscuring the passwords when I use my digital camera. ....

Too funny that we chose the same positions. He was done quite a long time ago (~3 weeks). Sorry I didn't post him then.

About your black lines, you won't be able to get rid of them if you are using an old analog TV no matter what you take a picture with. The camera is catching the TV refresh. Is there anyway to hook of the Wii to a computer screen?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:11 pm 
Starter
Starter

Favorite Team: Giants
Bah. I thought so. I unfortunately cant hook my Wii to my computer monitor either since its a little older and doesnt have the RCA jacks (the white,yellow,red jacks). I might have to do something drastic...like buy a new TV lol. I have been wanting a flat screen anyways... maybe I can talk the wife into getting one for Xmas this year.

Hehe I am just crazy enough to buy a new TV so I can post my player passwords on a baseball internet forum :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:28 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

SlimPickens wrote:
....I have been wanting a flat screen anyways... maybe I can talk the wife into getting one for Xmas this year.

Hehe I am just crazy enough to buy a new TV so I can post my player passwords on a baseball internet forum :wink:

Sounds like something that I would do. My wife shakes her head at me everytime she sees me going to get the camera to take pictures of the TV for MLBPP.

If you have an open PCI slot in your computer, you could always put in a video capture card. Here is one from newegg that is really cheap - $17. Quite a few mixed reviews, but if you are somewhat computer savy, then you probably could get it to work just fine. Look at the 5 Star reviews; a lot of good tips on getting it to work right in there. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16815276002

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:42 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Pirates
Console '08: Wii and DS
:bump: Just so everything can be in awe in the absence of SF. First off, this guy's insane. Second off, I noticed something weird in the picture: Patient Hitter. :roful!: :lol:
Nice job SF!