Power Pros Forum

A community-run forum for Power Pros
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Posting:

* Individual players should be in their own thread, with the full name of the player and position(s) in the title. Don't add superlatives or any other shout outs to it... we will see your guys...
* If you post a team or a set of players, add players by editing your starting post so they're all in the same post. A bump to announce the edit is appropriate.
* Posting images are fine, provided they are small in dimension and data. 800x600 and ~50Kb should be the biggest you can post inline (using the [IMG] tag), anything larger, post a link or a clickable thumbnail instead.
* If you have wiki rights, add your player(s) and team(s) there as well!
-->

Post subject: SP Dillon Gee (Wii) (Mets)
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 1:07 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Red Sox
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
Favorite Japanese title: Don't Own
You know the drill by now - we go thru what others have posted, we look at B-R, Fangraphs and scouting reports, and we outline how Gee should shape up via Success...then I do him and post him, for all 734 of us to enjoy. Okay, maybe that's a high estimate.

ZeroGibson:
Quote:
SP Dillon Gee (92 CB 2CUT 2CB 4CHG 2SNK)

EricDavis 2012:
Quote:
P , 5 , Dillon Gee , Gee , Dillon , , NYM , P , SP , 26 , 117 , 147 , , , , , , , spin2 , rel4 , rec4 , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , 34 , 93 , 4SFB , , 2SFB , 1 , CHG , 3 , SLV , 3 , , , ,
Dillon Gee , R , 34 , 93 , 4SFB , x , 35% , -.1
Dillon Gee , R , 34 , 93 , 2SFB , 1 , 27% , -.1
Dillon Gee , R , 34 , 93 , CHG , 3 , 24% , -.1
Dillon Gee , R , 34 , 93 , SLV , 3 , 10% , -.1

and in 2011:
Quote:
Dillon Gee , , , 24 , , , SP , 136 , 159 , Recovery,

first things first, Gee is a righty, and lefties hit him harder, so no Vs Lefty 4. That's why we're here. He's a sub-par pitcher, but eats innings and has an interesting repertoire.

Top speed: 93.7 is the fastest we've ever seen Gee pitch, so he earns 93, slim chance of 94 if we're feeling generous.
Ctrl: 120-130? 2.9 BB/9, so not elite by any means. EricDavis ranged from 117 to 136, hmm.
Stam: 145? Gee is a pretty solid 6.2 innings guy, so he earns it. Eric Davis ranged from 147 to 159, so I could add 10 more points.
2SFB 1 - his bread and butter
CHG 2-4
SLD 1 - basically his slider doesn't move much
CB 2-3
CUT 1, thrown rarely
KnuckleCurve 2-3 - yeah, fangraphs has this showing up in 2014! thrown only 192 times but its got movement.

6 pitch types!! All low level.
Recovery 4 might happen of course
Spin2 would be great

Otherwise the goal is to avoid ALL blues...Gee should not be good in any extra way. EricDavid had release4, because Gee's CS % was way higher than the norm one year (47%), but it evened out, so I don't see that being necessary.

Thoughts, input, anything from pitches to glove color, please chime in

Expansion Mode Challenge!
2008 Real-Life players from Success Mode - Please assist if you have the time!!
Older/dead logs:
Let the Fielders pitch! New log
MLB Life Mode log - OF Ryan Evert, Athletics
Honolulu Heroes Season Log - real-life players join a scrub team! Find out how they do in the AL West!

Post subject: Re: SP Dillon Gee (Wii) (Mets)
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 2:15 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Phillies
Console '07: Don't Own
Favorite Japanese title: (Vita) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2012
I'm kinda surprised, he was a 2010 debut. had a decent 2011 season in the W-L column.

I can check later what stuff I had for him, if it helps at all (may not be up to date attributes though).

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 2:41 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Yeah, but he's managed to rack up enough innings to be in the top 5 of guys not yet created. 639 innings is nothing to sniff at.

The mets already have Vargas in the minors and Niese as a created player, but I can't ignore a guy with that innings total.

Older/dead logs:
Honolulu Heroes Season Log - real-life players join a scrub team! Find out how they do in the AL West!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 4:19 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Alloutwar wrote:
Yeah, but he's managed to rack up enough innings to be in the top 5 of guys not yet created. 639 innings is nothing to sniff at.

The mets already have Vargas in the minors and Niese as a created player, but I can't ignore a guy with that innings total.

ok, sounds right.

I have him at 92/C/B, CHG (3)/2SFB (2)/SLD (1)/DCB (1), vsL4, Poise4 with a black glove, looks like that was in 2012.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 5:37 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Cool - is the DCB better to match his actual CB speed? In a little scared to give him DCB and KNCB.

Is the vLefty 4 from anything? His splits look pretty bad.

Poise 4 too - I was actually thinking RISP/2 if I could since his strand rate was below normal?

Older/dead logs:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 5:50 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Alloutwar wrote:
Cool - is the DCB better to match his actual CB speed? In a little scared to give him DCB and KNCB.

Is the vLefty 4 from anything? His splits look pretty bad.

Poise 4 too - I was actually thinking RISP/2 if I could since his strand rate was below normal?

yeah, this was following a decent year as mentioned. looking at his stats since I'm gonna say we go lower for the CB, Poise, and VSL.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:42 am 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

2 games into AA and I've already gotten 5 lefties out. I think you get Vs Lefty 4 at 10, so this is going to be hard.

So I will choose the wrong glove at Sittch's 3rd event to get RISP/2. Dee is a below avg pitcher and 5th starter, he needs a red or two.

Gee's CB and KNCB actually have a ton of movement...CB total movement is 12.1 per FanGraphs, and for comparison Kershaw's is 9.6, Wainer's is 12.4, Fister's is 10.1 Gee's KNCB movement is 12.2, and AJ Burnett's is 7.6. I don't want to give Gee too much but I think both CB and KNCB have to be level 3.

I have another pitch issue in the 2SFB versus SIFB argument. Both are thrown a few mph under the pure fastball, so they are both more usable than the SNK pitch (ugh). Gee's 2SFB has more horizontal movement (-8.6) than vertical movement (5.8 ), so it falls into the SIFB camp for me. By contrast, a guy like Barry Zito has more vertical drop (8.7) than horizontal (6.6), so 2SFB makes sense.

How do you guys choose SIFB versus 2SFB? How did EricDavis do it? Heck how did the MLBPP people do it?

Older/dead logs:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:17 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

Favorite Team: Orioles
Console '07: Sony PS2
Console '08: Sony PS2
When it comes down to that, I go with movement before speed differential. Thus my choice would be the SIFB. But I think (and only think) that eric took into consideration the pitcher's angle of delivery as well with the movement on fangraphs before giving a pitch a particular rating, but he would be the best one to elaborate on that. I mean if say Gee pitched a 12-6 curve and he is an overhand pitcher, the movement would be more pronounced than say if he were delivering it with a high 3/4 action. With regards to the game's producers quite a few pitchers do not have the correct pitches at all, so I wouldn't go with their theories.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:15 am 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

5 hours invested, so be thankful!

I ended up with three reds:
w/RISP 2
Fat Pitch
Consistency 2

The consistency won't hurt - it actually makes the middle and good forms better. I got the blue ability of Battler, and when his 93mph heater and 6 different pitches were just blowing everyone away, I thought having another red to really mark him as replacement level backend SP might help. High endurance, decent control - I actually got up to 150 and A stamina (150) before realizing how dangerous that could be, so I backed him down a bit.

The cutter has good movement, so CUT 2 makes sense, and the CB and KNCB I left at level 2 to show they aren't overpowering.

Attachments:
dg_pw.JPG
dg_pw.JPG [ 73.23 KiB | Viewed 3840 times ]
dg.jpeg
dg.jpeg [ 52.4 KiB | Viewed 3840 times ]
dg1.jpeg
dg1.jpeg [ 55.16 KiB | Viewed 3840 times ]

Older/dead logs: