Power Pros Forum

A community-run forum for Power Pros
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:15 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Posting:

* Individual players should be in their own thread, with the full name of the player and position(s) in the title. Don't add superlatives or any other shout outs to it... we will see your guys...
* If you post a team or a set of players, add players by editing your starting post so they're all in the same post. A bump to announce the edit is appropriate.
* Posting images are fine, provided they are small in dimension and data. 800x600 and ~50Kb should be the biggest you can post inline (using the [IMG] tag), anything larger, post a link or a clickable thumbnail instead.
* If you have wiki rights, add your player(s) and team(s) there as well!
-->

Post subject: Josh Rultledge - 2B/SS - Angels (Wii)
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:54 am 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Mets
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Console '08: Wii and DS
Favorite Japanese title: (Wii) Jikkyou Powerful Major League 2009
Next on my list is Josh Rutledge, I'll post Gyorko later in the day. Rutledge is an infielder whose power was most likely benefited by playing for the Rockies, now he's been traded to the Angels. Here is robhallett's version:
Trj 2
contact 10
power 120
run 10
arm 9
field 8
eres 9
vs lefty 4
timely whiff
hot hitter
throwing 4
stealing 4
agg run
Obviously, a player of his caliber doesn't need all those blue abilities, and his contact is more in the 6-8 range than 10. His power should be lower than 120 I'm thinking. Maybe like 90-100? Any help is appreciated with making him, thanks in advance!

Last edited by LetsGoMets77 on Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Josh Rultledge - 2B/SS - Angels (Wii)
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:35 am 
All-Star
All-Star

Favorite Team: Orioles
Console '07: Sony PS2
Console '08: Sony PS2
How do you get over-rated. He was created BEFORE his major league debut. The contact is a little high, but his contact was high in the minors. His power 120; well I only had his minors career to go by and 120 seemed realistic at the time. Before you have a go at members players in the password exchange, maybe write in a more respectful manner. I've created well over 1000's of players and helped many on this board. You have even asked for my assistance with players through PM, yet you write disrespectfully regarding my players I have done.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:41 am 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Dude, I'm not trying to disrespect you, I'm just saying that there's no way a guy like Rutledge's power is 120, or his contact is 10. I understand that you made this guy before he came up, but a 10 in contact is a bit too much for him. I know that you've made many players and are a legend here, I'm sorry for any miscommunication. I didn't mean to disrespect you.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:39 am 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Red Sox
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
Favorite Japanese title: Don't Own
Guys, we're all on the same side. We're all creating players for a 6-year-old game and it's awesome. I'm sure no one means disrespect. Guys I created early on had a TON of blues before I knew how impactful they were...I created Brett Anderson while he was dominant early in his career, and now he's a fringy injury-riddled pitcher...we created guys like Lars Anderson based on minor league track record and hype and it was an overshot. Sometimes we'll be a little off, but we try our best, have fun doing it, and people use the players and appreciate it. Heck our players all look like the right guys at least - using some from the board, their DOB is way off, or their appearance is ridiculous (Madison Bumgarner as a latino for instance)...striving for accuracy is great, and while it can be tough when people disagree, it's all for the greater good. :)

Here's my $.02:
Last name is Rutledge - the title of the thread has "Rultledge", so best to be sure before you make him
CON - .259 avg = 7
PWR - 114 to 117 (career ISO .144, career HR% of 2%) - granted he hit 11 HRs at home and only 8 away, but that's not a huge split since he had around the same ABs for both. If you think Colorado gave him an extra 3, you can go with 110 power or so, but that's about it.
SPD 10-11
ARM 8-9
FLD 7-8 (B-R has him well into the negatives)
E RES 6-7 (fldg pctg consistently below average)

Strikeout percentage of 21% which is below our threshold for Free Swinger.
NO Vs. Lefty 4 - Rutledge has a negative platoon split, crazily.
He's shown decent base running/steal abilities so a blue there is fine IMO.

Expansion Mode Challenge!
2008 Real-Life players from Success Mode - Please assist if you have the time!!
Older/dead logs:
Let the Fielders pitch! New log
MLB Life Mode log - OF Ryan Evert, Athletics
Honolulu Heroes Season Log - real-life players join a scrub team! Find out how they do in the AL West!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:48 am 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Thanks for keeping the peace, AOW. I apologize again, robhallett. I just need to play the Sittch game and then I'll be finished. Coming out the way I wanted, I'll most likely bump up his power a bit more, I'm at 90 now.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:24 am 
Ace
Ace

Favorite Team: Rays
Console '07: Wii and PS2
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
Favorite Japanese title: Don't Own
Keep in mind that he put up about average numbers while playing at Coors, so you may want to nerf him a bit

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 12:05 am 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Here he is, finished. Came out the way I wanted, I still think his power is low, so I gave him a low E, it doesn't matter, he still hits dingers in the game. Other abilities he has are Pr Small Ball, Throwing 4 and Agg Run. He's basically a back-up who will start next year because of the Angels lack of a second baseman. Enjoy!

Attachments:
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 1.52 MiB | Viewed 3014 times ]
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 1.85 MiB | Viewed 3015 times ]